[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evil Furbies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: furby.jpg (40 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
furby.jpg
40 KB, 500x281
Anyone have stories of furbies doing creepy/demonic things?
>>
>>17158608
One time mine started making noises without any batteries but it stopped when I put on new ones and it never happened again
>>
I had a friend who had acquired one from a suicide scene. He was a crime scene cleaner. All it would do if you awoke it is, "sleep." He eventually took the batteries out because it would wake him up in the middle of the night. When I was over one time, without batteries and my friend and I gaming, it had it's eyes closed, but about an hour later it was fucking staring at us. Neither of us had gotten up. Fuck furbies.
>>
>>17158608
Yeah, mine would make god-awful screeching sounds in the middle of the might when it was turned off, the only way to shut it up was to remove the batteries.
>>
>>17158613
I had one that worked without batteries

Found it in a closet years later, and it worked still. Well, it moved its ears and beak, no sound.
>>
Check out the novel 'Lunar Park' by Brett Easton Ellis. A possessed furby is a major part of the story.
>>
I had one that barked like a dog and worked without batteries.
>>
I once went to go see a local punk show years ago. The opening band was from Japan. There was about 6 of them and they were all nearly naked. One dude only had a rubber octopus kinda covering his junk. The music was weird as fuck already but there was some really creepy background noise too. Like weird voices and a few strange sounds. Looked around for a while for the source of that suit. Finally found it. A fucking furby. They had circuit bent it so it sounded even weirder. It was up in the rafters looking down at everyone the whole time.
>>
>>17159358
That sounds like a killer show.
>>
>>17159361
It was pretty awesome. I had gone to see The Sick headline at Gilman St. The Japanese band were even playing taiko drums as part of their music.
>>
>>17159376

We need to find this Japanese band.
>>
>>17159391
I'll give it a try. Wish I hadn't thrown out all my old show fliers when I moved.
>>
>>17159358
Band name?
>>
>>17158613
This isn't creepy guys. Furbies were included with an internal battery so that, even if the external batteries died, it wouldn't reset and have to "relearn" everything again. Since it was the 90s and technology was imperfect this resulted in a lot of furbies being activated by the internal, inaccessible battery.
>>
>>17159429
I thought it was American Lo-Fi or something like that but Google didn't give me any results. Currently on the website for the venue looking at past show fliers. This was in like 2002 or 2003 so it's been a long time.
>>
My aunt had a furby so I let her borrow mine so they could play together and while it was over there it learned cuss words from my aunts boyfriend. No matter how much we hit reset it still cussed at me.

My aunt later gave me her ferby whose named CoCo because besides cussing my ferby would constantly ask where's CoCo.

We found that furby in a box of my toys in my parents shed last year and when my brother pulled it from the box it laughed and danced then closed its eyes and I haven't been able to get it to work since. It was in that shed for well over a decade
>>
>>17159430
thanks for being the voice of reason but furbies in general are kind of creepy for a different reason:
being made with our primitive 90s technology with the intent of making it cute and seem alive resulted in one hell of an uncanny valley. especially when weird glitches start to appear in what they say or when some of the word salad they learned occasionally develops an ominous or psychotic tone ( like watching slasher films with your furby? they are as likely to pick up either some witty catchprase, different ways to use the word " kill " or even if youre very unlucky: how to scream like the characters )
>>
File: Imnotspillingthisshitnigga.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Imnotspillingthisshitnigga.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>17159572
>tfw there's probably some girl out there who's furby knows all about our sex life.
>>
I had one that suddenly started speaking chinese. Without batteries.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.