[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do evangelical conservative Christians hate pagans so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1451633925315.jpg (121 KB, 884x704) Image search: [Google]
1451633925315.jpg
121 KB, 884x704
Why do evangelical conservative Christians hate pagans so much? Do they really think we worship the devil or is it just a control thing?
>>
Start a inquisition
>>
>>17156937
Yes.
>>
>Men of small intelligence worship the demigods, and their fruits are limited and temporary. Those who worship the demigods go to the planets of the demigods, but My devotees ultimately reach My supreme planet. BG 7:23

Rather than believe in worship of God as Absolute, you submit to lesser gods for personal gratifictation. If you are able to grasp the concept of a lesser deity who is supposedly in charge of certain attributes, you should have the ability to transcend your logic from a lesser idol to the Supreme God, so as for the benefit of your Spirit.
>>
>>17156996
Okay
>>
>>17156996

Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods.

>Galatians 4:8

It is typical for a born again Christian to testify against idols based on experience and strong opinion. However, it isn't hard to see when someone is under bondage of idols and sorceries of lesser gods.

They have the potential to submit to the Supreme, but settle for lesser entities, and there is always a reason for this, and usually it is a lesser intention.

Also your "idols" may also just be demonic souls embodied in thought form, especially when you really think about what it is you are actually doing.
>>
>>17157028
Cool story bro
>>
File: 1438097104627.jpg (937 KB, 1596x2141) Image search: [Google]
1438097104627.jpg
937 KB, 1596x2141
>>17156937
Neither. They live in genuine terror that God is going to punish their community with natural disasters like in the Old Testament. That if the new neighbors turn out to be lesbian Wiccans, there's a real chance fire is going to rain from the heavens and that they (the Christians) and their children will die also for their sin of permitting them (the not-Christians) to.

Conservative Christians focus more on the Old Testament, Liberal Christians more on the New Testament. It's night and day, wrathful and jealous God versus gentle and inclusive Jesus. Pretty much nobody is scared shitless of pic related, but his dad is a different story.
>>
>>17156937
>evangelical
Answered your own question.
>>
>>17157028
But what if you're all just worshiping the same God but through different means and mediums? Like Wiccans have their idols while Christians have their Bible/prayer.
>>
>>17157697
Why do you ask after things you do not know as if they were so?
>>
>>17156996

El was the daddy god of the Levantine people, and became the all-powerful Allah and Elohim when "Abraham" decided he was better than pagans.

Jahweh is a volcano god - not even a major one. He meets Moses on what seems to be a big volcano, leading the Israelites around the desert with smoke and fire. He is a jealous god, so he must be the equivalent to the beta uprising among ETs that call themselves "gods" on this planet. The deicide he caused shows how jealous he was of the other gods power. He went Elliot Rodger on the other gods.

Other gods of the Northwestern Semites have their place. Baal most likely became the devil, and Asherah became Mary. A lot of demi-gods became heroic characters like Samson and David, or patriarchs.
>>
>>17156937
>>17156937
Most of the evanglicals I know (having grown up as one myself) do not have any actual idea about what paganism is. In fact they don't know much about other religions or for that matter see other sects of Christianity as against God's will.

Frankly most could care less about other religions beyond trying to convert them to Christianity.

This isnt out of hatred though as most christians genuinely believe that Heaven and hell exist believe that Christianity is the only path to heaven and the only alternative is Hell which they believe to be a place of cruel punishment fire brimstone etc.

What a lot interpret as christians being cruel and hateful of others is not cruelty but as a general rule is a deeply heartfealt desire to prevent people who they believe to be good people from having to suffer eternal torment.

DO they think pagans worship the devil. A lot do.

Is it just a control thing? For some people it indeed is? Religion has always been a very effective tool for control over a population. Its easy for a person to see a flaw in the logic or fairness of a law for instance and may even be willing to go to prison be fined or even die as a certain consequence for breaking a law. However when you instead say breaking this law will cause you eternal torment after death people are a lot less willing to disobey as even if they are willing to die out of disobedience they are unwilling to risk the possibility of eternal punishment that may Possibly exist. In the end its a form of control that exists prey on on one of the most primal forms of Cost benefit analysis, fear of the unknown.

For some still there is fear of anything that threatens the status quo of their world and possibly even fear of a wrathful god who punches people for tolerating things outside of the biblical way of thinking. Some Christians indeed are scared that tolerating homosexuality caused Hurricane Katrina. And fear God's literal vengeance for tolerance of sin.
>>
>Christians believe in the bible
>bible says pagans are evil
That's kinda the answer. I wouldn't say they hate us though.
>>
>>17158631

The Bible says no such thing though. Pagans are said to be misguided at worst. Many books in the bible actually refer to a polytheistic worldview of their authors. "WE shall make man in OUR image", etc.

Idols =/= paganism. Idols can be used in Christianity too. Catholicism has all kinds of idols.
>>
File: bagan spurdo XD.png (98 KB, 1270x1136) Image search: [Google]
bagan spurdo XD.png
98 KB, 1270x1136
because the christkuks r blangry and jealouse that the bagans aren't kuked into worshibbing a dead kike on a stick thike they are lmao :D
>>
>>17156937

Pagan means literally a rustic farmer. It is a slur used by Romans against barbarian religions of Celtic and Germanic people. In turn, Germanics called their outsiders "heath"-en, as they did with Grendel, who dwelt among the heaths. Both are pretty meaningless outside of the culture spewing the slur. I don't know why people identify themselves as "pagan" or "heathen". It's like they are insulting themselves. Call yourselves followers of whatever gods you like.
>>
>>17156937
>Why do evangelical conservative Christians hate EVERYONE so much? Do they really think we worship the devil or is it just a control thing?

Fixed that for you OP.
>>
>>17158589
>Frankly most could care less about other religions

It's 'couldn't care less'. "Could care less" quite literally means the opposite of your intended sense. Please stop using this retarded ill-educated American Millennials' abomination.
>>
>>17159020
>waaah millennials
That mistake isn't age restricted, asshat
>>
>>17159027
Appears to be. I'll accept asshat status if I'm wrong, dick.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.