[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/x/ I want to achieve immortality. I am willing to sacrifice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: 1339040533148.jpg (423 KB, 1300x969) Image search: [Google]
1339040533148.jpg
423 KB, 1300x969
/x/ I want to achieve immortality. I am willing to sacrifice much on this goal. How do I do it?
>>
>>17155162
You don't.
>>
Call your local Taoist.
>>
what is that guys name was trying to remember?
>>
>>17155162
You die.
>>
>>17155228
Tom Bombadil
>>
>>17155247
thx
>>
File: SoulWinning.jpg (613 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
SoulWinning.jpg
613 KB, 800x1200
>>17155162
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will never perish. Pic related. Immortality is easy to get.
>>
File: index.jpg (12 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12 KB, 188x268
yes, OP all jokes aside, believe on Jesus Christ, He is the author and finisher of immortality
>>
Isn't there supposed to be some sort of ancient map you follow?
>>
>>17155360
>>17155374
In case no proofs there is no faith, sorry, the aramaic lad.
>>
master alchemy and create the philosopher's stone. I warn you op, many have tried and failed on this path.
>>
>>17155162
>Six trillion years into the future
>OP floating through dark space
>no regrets
>>
Follow Jesus and walk in the fathers ways
>>
you're already immortal. you are not your body, which of course will die.

enjoy eternity
>>
>>17155360
It is not a free gift.

Believing in that alone will not give you eternal life. It is also dependent upon living your life the best you can. And being a good person.

"I, the LORD, have spoken, it is coming and I will act I will not relent, and I will not pity and I will not be sorry; according to your ways and according to your deeds I will judge you," declares the Lord GOD."
- Ezekiel 24:14

"For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."
- Ecclesiastes 12:14
>>
drink some mercury metal and live forever
>>
File: eckhart-tolle-i-am-the-now.jpg (71 KB, 750x469) Image search: [Google]
eckhart-tolle-i-am-the-now.jpg
71 KB, 750x469
>>
>>17155162
Go into outer space and kill yourself. In the future mankind will be able to revive you and possibly give you immortality. If they haven't discovered it yet, then repeat ad nauseum.
>>
File: Romans.png (664 KB, 2028x1576) Image search: [Google]
Romans.png
664 KB, 2028x1576
>>17155162
Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
>>
>>17155873
>using a /pol/ meme
>>
File: awesomeGod.png (508 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
awesomeGod.png
508 KB, 1920x1080
>>17155787
Wrong.
>For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. - Ephesians 2
IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD.

Read the scriptures. King James Bible is the only true Bible. (NEW WORLD ORDER BIBLES on youtube)

>Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. - Matthew 7

Look at who's going to hell buddy. The people who thought they needed to have works with their faith to get saved. The people who thought they needed to live good lives.

Once you are saved your sins are blotted out.
God will judge you according to your works, FOR REWARDS not heaven or hell.

By saying you must live right and stop sinning and be a good person and go to church etc, you're literally saying the sacrifice of Jesus was not enough to pay for your sins. Which is blasphemy and will send you straight to hell.

Should we have good works? Yes.
Must we have good works? NO.
>>
File: Le NT.jpg (571 KB, 1139x877) Image search: [Google]
Le NT.jpg
571 KB, 1139x877
>>17155877
It's the truth m8.
>>
Give me your soul and I'll give you immortality.
>>
>Immortality
>Achievable

If you were still within the boundaries of space and time you could never "achieve" immortality. It would be a state of existence you could have, but never certainly. In time, states change. Any day, you could die the next.

I said as much to the faggot who made this thread yesterday, but clearly you missed it or didn't catch my meaning.

That's not to say exceedingly long life isn't achievable. But for that you'd have to change a lot of the fundamentals of your biology.
>>
>>17155162
Simple. Go back in time and kill a famous celebrity, well before his time, like say John Lennon in 1980. We'll know it worked if all of a sudden the records change to show he died in that year.
>>
>>17155978
I forgot to add that technically you won't be physically immortal, but your name and legacy will be immortal.
>>
>>17155228
Dick McHardCheese
>>
rise beyond the confines of this universe and create a crude replica of yourself which you may abuse of pleasure "forever" for as long as you wish, alone, left only to create play worlds with your playthings.
>>
5And they were not permitted to kill anyone, but to torment for five months; and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it stings a man. 6And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them. 7The appearance of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle; and on their heads appeared to be crowns like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men.…
>>
>>17155360
Even if I don't believe in him I will be immortal in hell.
>>
>>17155420
6.1trillion years alone, mumbles the phrase "let there be light" and then the process of watching the universe slowly be reborn.
>>
You realize that you are already the deathless being.

Death is an illusion, anon. This body changes from one form to the next. It's matter in movement.

What's the difference between dead matter and alive matter?

If you say that matter is inherently dead, then you as matter were never born, therefore you can never die.

If you say that matter is inherently alive, then there is no such thing as death because you have always been alive.

The current set of circumstances (your memories, body, mind, etc) which you refer to as your identity is what you are trying to extend. But fyi, you're only extending an apparition. Your identity has no more reality to it than a sandcastle.
>>
>>17155978
I just killed Chester McPickleshitter in 1798. My legacy should be immortalized by now.
>>
>>17157140
Well fucking established I mean
>>
>>17155162

>/x/ I want to achieve immortality. I am willing to sacrifice much on this goal. How do I do it?

Die.
>>
>>17155420
>implying it isn't great
You have literally forever to learn how to into world creation. Besides, if you're immortal, crazy shit like magic isn't far off. Lobsters need not apply.
>>
>>17155877
>not liking merger of someone's ideal Christianity and waifu
/pol/ probably gets too
>the fags and degenerates
about it, but a pure q.t. waifu is all good.
>>
>>17156979
>>17156979
Hell = torment. You wouldn't want to be "alive".
Hell = second death.
Hell = eternal dying, over and over again.
Yes you will be immortal in the sense that you're conscious. Not in any other way.
>>
>kill yourself
>reincarnate as jellyfish (Turritopsis dohrnii)
>????
>profit from immortality
>>
wait till 2022.
but if you are really ready to sacrifice any and every thing, i'd suggest putting all your efforts into learning coding and a.i., and hence furthering the cause
the singularity is near
>>
>>17157140
Nobody cares if you kill a hobo's pet squirrel you faggomatic
>>
>>17155772
This guy gets it
>>
>>17155772
Haha. I was just about to post that, scrolled down one more post and you said what I thought literally word from word!
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.