[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe in God? If so which God? What do you think what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: God.jpg (120 KB, 700x544) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
120 KB, 700x544
Do you believe in God? If so which God? What do you think what God is the right one; is it one of the "mainstream Gods" (Christian God, Allah, Buddha, etc...) or some other God? Have you ever met God? Do you think God protects you from any paranormal creatures? If you have any experience, please share stories, doesn't matter if real or fake, they are great to read regardless! Happy New Year also to everyone!
>>
>>17154156
OP here, by "If you have any experience" I mean that if you have ever met God or any Godlike creatures. Just making sure no one gets confused!
>>
File: aa0069396f4309f20470a5e466af9110.jpg (513 KB, 1700x1050) Image search: [Google]
aa0069396f4309f20470a5e466af9110.jpg
513 KB, 1700x1050
The best God
>>
>>17154156
I believe in a Christian god and yes I believe he protects me from demons. I haven't met god yet, but when I was saved by Jesus Christ I felt a warm blue light enter through the top of my head and spread throughout my body. I felt this electric feeling of joy and ecstasy that I can't even really describe. I felt weightless as if all my burdens had been lifted off of me. I believe this was the holy spirit which is a way to experience God on Earth without being overwhelmed
>>
Nope.
>>
>>17154328
Would you say that you're euphoric?
>>
I believe in a Source that is conscious in a way

I've had personal experiences that lead to this belief

I don't think it is an "it" really, or that "it" sat down and made us or even our Universe on purpose

I believe the "soul" inside every human is the sparks of us becoming that kind of Source

I think our imaginations are alive
>>
>>17154156
>Do you believe in God?
Yes

>If so which God? What do you think what God is the right one; is it one of the "mainstream Gods" (Christian God, Allah, Buddha, etc...) or some other God?
The Christian God

>Have you ever met God?
No

>Do you think God protects you from any paranormal creatures?
Yes, He protects anyone if you call upon Him.

>If you have any experience, please share stories, doesn't matter if real or fake, they are great to read regardless!
Not really interesting, but in my episodes of sleep paralysis, I've called to God to help me, and He does quite quickly.

Happy New Year!
>>
>>17154343
In that moment I was, it wasnt like a drug euphoria either, it was better than that. That's why its hard to describe. Still the best I've ever felt to this day
>>
>>17154156
For me Krishna (vishnu) is superior because he exist in everything and everything exists In him.

Even in vedas its said that ishwar (vishnu) is omnipresent,unseen and unheard.
Plus vedic gods are older than Christian god and allah
>>
This thread reaks of fedora.
>>
File: 1450700853340.png (40 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1450700853340.png
40 KB, 160x160
>>17154484
>Plus vedic gods are older than Christian god and allah
>>
>>17154156
I believe in power of meme magic
I honestly have no idea what to make of that

all I can tell is that gods and prayers are nothing but glorified memes and they are valid to pray to (=post memes)
>>
>>17154156
I met God. He told me he wasn't going to kill me. Makes me scared about what will.
>>
>>17154643
you do realise that meme is an actual term and not just internet lingo right?
>>
Have a nasty disease. Died once and made the passage to Heaven. Stood in the presence of God, saw the gates to Hell. To stay in heaven you must renounce forever your ability to lie. That's the only part of free will, if you want to call it that, that you must renounce. No liars there and definitely no hypocrites
>>
>>17154356
>missing the joke
>>
Thou art God

God is the self.
>>
>>17154702
yes
>>
>>17154814
then consider how everything you've said is bollocks, anything that people do is a "meme"
>>
>>17154156

I personally think that its all one entity, just broken up among separate aspects.
>>
>>17154751
This. God is behind the actions of everything that is being. There are no accidents. Treat all things as if they are god himself, because beneath the surface it is god you're looking at.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (17 KB, 261x300) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
17 KB, 261x300
OP

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
>>
>>17154156
Everything is a God, there is nothing that isn't God. Take some LSD or DMT, you will remember.
>>
>>17154156
>2016.

Still not knowing we're all God pretending not to be.
>>
>>17155060
>>17155043
what is this bizarre doctrine?
>>
>>17155082
Everything being one is obvious once you actually think about it, it would be bizarre to think it wasn't!
>>
>>17155092
how is it then that sin exists?
>>
>>17154643
It's called the collective unconscious.
>>
>>17155082
There is only one. Two must arise from one because two is a concept of two ones. Two ones cannot exist together as both real; for if there is one, there cannot be two, and, if there are two there cannot be one.

If one is real, two are an illusion
If two is real, one is an illusion, but since two arises from one, one must be the reality and two the illusion.

There is only One.

In creation, the One appears to divide and there appear to be two witness and witnessed, subject and object, here and there, and so on.

Out of apparent division into two there arises the possibility of the realization that there is only One. The is One, two is an illusion.
>>
>>17155103
ah, this is crazy. surely both one, and two can exist?

you say that, in creation, "the One appears to divide and there appear to be two witness and witnessed, subject and object, here and there, and so on."
^does this come from the story of Creation?
>>
>>17155082
God is a humble being, he doesn't want to be seen or known. He would rather play the eternal game of hide and seek we call life.
>>
>>17155095
How would you know good if you didn't know evil? Or death if you didn't have life?

Everything contrasts itself in order for it to be manifest.

Sin, death and decay, are all things that come with the illusion of not being God.

God is the devil, the devil is God.
>>
>>17155109
Creation is happening right now, everything is, it's all NOW, time doesn't flow like you think it does, every moment you call "now" you're actually tricking yourself into believing that we are flowing through time from a starting point, but the point is now, always has been.

It's all in your head.
>>
>>17155095
What's better, up or down? Heads or tails? Left or right? Yin or yang? Good can't exist without evil. On the surface it might appear as if they are unrelated, but they are just as related as male is to female.
>>
>>17155125
Reminds me of Macintosh plus - floral shoppe
That album is kinda godlike
>>
>>17155128
This guy is correct, I will also add, God can't exist without us, nor us without God, because he needs to be able to reflect upon himself, in order to do this he needs something to contrast himself with.

That's why we have this physical world, enjoy.
>>
Ok now that's some crap that's like saying we are G
>>
>>17154356
I'm happy for you bro. Electricity or the feeling of it per say is the sign of the holy spirit. Which is great becuase you were saved and baptised in the holy ghost on the same day. That's awesome. I'm struggling with the holy ghost. You have to escape the cranial mind and let yourself free for the holy spirit to really take over you and give you that drunk, euphoric feel.
>>
>>17154156
I believe the creator of this universe is God ,we are god, and everything that can be observed is god. I also believe that the soul is immortal and it is up to us to create what happens after we die :)
>>
>>17155153
There is nothing to be saved from! I don't understand Christians.
>>
I believe in the Aristotelian God, the source of all being and the purest substance

I think it's probably nothing relatable to humans though
>>
We are God hmmm I'd love to see your proof that "We" are God
>>
>>17155163
Religion only strikes fear into the hearts of people. God is a lot easier to find without it. Humility, restraint, and compassion is all you need.
>>
>>17155153
So you're looking forward to spending ETERNITY, in a state of eternal bliss? With Jesus and God singing holy holy holy lord?
>>
>>17155180
Do you think that you are your body, that you're inside your skin? In your head perhaps?
>>
>>17155180
WE CAN CREATE OR DESTROY DUDE DO YOU NOT LOOK AT BIRTH AND THE CREATION OF A CHILD OR JUST VIDEO GAMES AND THINK WOW HUMANS ARE DOING THIS DUDE I SWEAR TO YOU ALL TRADITIONAL RELIGIONS COME FROM PRIMITIVE HUMAN BEINGS THAT THOUGHT ALIENS WERE GODS
>>
>>17155199
I'm imperfect @ best ...
>>
The only thing that makes anyone separate from God is the belief that they are the ego, you cut yourself of from God, but the ego isn't real, it's a thought, remove that and you will understand that you're in fact God/Universe/all that is.

Come on guys it's really not that hard to comprehend.
>>
>>17155215
I'm looking for proof not an idea
>>
>>17155222
I think you need to find yourself instead.
>>
>>17155215
In other words without proof it's boastful and proud to say you Are G ... It's outrageous. if your G fly over to my front door this second and shake my hand I'd be happy to see it
>>
>>17155222
Look around your room, look at the objects look at the stars , the trees, really you can see it I. Anything. It is in everything.

You want proof, it's right there in front of you, what do you think is spinning all that you see into patterns and form?
>>
I'm found and won't take the B8
>>
>>17155235
You're a fool, but perhaps you're trolling.

But you want to know the beautiful apart about all this, you have the right to believe I. Whatever the fuck you want.

And I'm glad for you, that's why we're here, Knox, yourself out believe what you want, do what you want, but make sure it's what you want, and not what someone else wants.
>>
>>17155237
That's like saying G is the wind I can't see G but I can feel G ... I understand that perfect but jumping to the conclusion We Are G is a little bit out there
>>
>>17155254
I'm not taking the "we are Gods" B8 ever until G tells me face to face it's blasphemy
>>
>>17155257
We are not God, not me and you, our consciousness is God, there is a difference, me and you really don't exists as an entity.

And God is the wind, I don't think your quite comprehending that there can not be anything that isn't a manifestation of ALL THAT IS.
>>
>>17155257
Its funny how the wind has so much feeling, but is ungraspable. You can try and pick up sand but it slips through your fingers . That is the very essence of god. He is humble and doesn't want to be known. But the evidence of his existence is in everything in nature. Most humans are just too detached from whats natural to see it.
>>
>>17155264
My friend you can play the I'm not God card as much as you want, I know who you are deep down, it's quite amusing speaking to people like you because you see the God head pretending it's not.
>>
>>17155272
If or contentious is G why do "we" have bad thoughts is G a bad thinker? Or is G is good and Bad? Or what do ya got?
>>
I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, and born of the Father before all ages. God of God, light of light, true God of true God. Begotten not made, consubstantial to the Father, by whom all things were made. Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven. And was incarnate of the Holy Ghost and of the Virgin Mary and was made man; was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate, suffered and was buried; and the third day rose again according to the Scriptures. And ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of the Father, and shall come again with glory to judge the living and the dead, of whose Kingdom there shall be no end. And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who together with the Father and the Son is to be adored and glorified, who spoke by the Prophets. And one holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. I confess one baptism for the remission of sins. And I look for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come.
>>
>>17155292
See >>17155128
>>
>almost 2016
>still doesn't realize this entire thread is god having a conversation with himself
>>
>>17155299
I'm going with this post sorry to disappoint the "we are Gods" approach
>>
>>17155292
Now you're just asking silly questions. Anyway, I'm most definitely not here to prove anything to you, I was just putting some ideas forward.

Enjoy the rest of your day
>>
>>17155153
Thanks bro, I hear you man. I still struggle too, I've only felt slivers of that feeling since then, but that experience was powerful enough to help me remember to keep faith. Thank Jesus because without him this world would eat me up. I hope anyone who reads this at least gives Jesus a chance. Don't let your ego get in the way, if you need help and truly believe he will come to you.
>>
>>17155304
You're not disappointing anybody friend.
>>
>>17155186
Im a Christian now but I also believe this, I found God by working on myself and being good for the sake of being good. There's a lot of selfishness and wickedness in organized religion, it has spread everywhere
>>
>>17154345
Look up something called Pantheism. It's pretty much what you believe based on the information you've given. I share very similar views with you.
>>
>>17154732
>and definitely no hypocrites
topkek
>>
>>17154828
He talking about the law of attraction you piece of shit. Took me two seconds to realize it. Lurk more
>>
>>17155358
If you realized this, why are you still identifying with any religion? I'm genuinely curious. When I realized that enlightenment can be attained without organized doctrine I quickly cut myself off from it. Religion was only inducing fear and hate upon me; two things that I don't believe I need.
>>
Gods are personable bodies of knowledge that amass in the universal consciousness. Idols, more or less. patrons of craft, studies, all the content that popped up over the course of human contribution to the universal consciousness all smashed together and assigned identities. It's okay if they change, they understand. Art, other acts of creation and contribution both to the physical, experiencable world and the ever growing pool of knowledge is the purpose of our lives. Temporary, immensely short, countlessly recycled lives. To continue to Create the world is gods work. They are inspiration and aspiration to be active participants in what makes up our shared human experience .
But they're real, too.
They are forces of nature. They are laws of nature. They are hearts of what makes up the world, the forests, the garden fields, the hot molten blood of the earth.
They love and they hate and they are terribly easy to please, and they just want to be a part of things. As much as you and I.
Well I don't know about you. I don't know you.
I want to.
>>
>>17155740
Well if you really wanna hear...
I was always an edgy teenager who went against christianity because of the hypocrisy and flaws I saw within the church and I dabbled in satanism, read lavey's satanic bible and all that...fast forward a 5-6 years I was miserable and had nothing, so I kinda took stock of my life and decided it was time to just put my ego aside and be a good person, to benefit as many people as I could, as simple as that. Over the next year or so I literally felt something growing inside of me, like a spirirual seed had been planted. I was kinda like uhh...uh oh, whats going on? I was kinda freaked out to be honest with you. Mixed into this time was good willed people talking to me about Jesus Christ (like chill dudes, not fire and brimstone preachers), and it sorta rang true...but I still resisted him, I don't know why...fast forward another year or so, I reached what they call "rock bottom" and I cried out for Jesus' help and he answered...I felt the Holy Spirit. Since that day I have and will always be a Christian. I don't go to church or anything though, I feel that the devil has infiltrated the church because people who hold power, and people in general are so easily corrupted...if you were satan, where better to try and take over right? Now thats not to say everyone in the church or who goes to church is corrupt, I just prefer to worship the lord with no distractions or people trying to meddle in my life. Everyone's life has a different path and I don't begin to under stand the Lord's plan to be honest, I'm just sharing my story and letting you know it all started with unselfishly trying to benefit my brothers and sisters in Christ
>>
>>17155740#
Thanks for being super polite about Jesus.
>>
Raised Catholic.

Became atheist in high school. Teacher taught us the concept of being a "humanist" in which all life is about is just being the best person you can be without any belief of what happens after death.

Then I found my way into Buddhism and eventually Hinduism. Glad to say that I believe in God again, but a radically different idea of God than what I grew up believing in.

Basically, as I understand it now, God is all. God is my being, my very consciousness. Same with you and everybody else. There is only God. God is what is dreaming up all the infinite possibilities of existence that there could ever be. That's what we are.

My favorite quote about God is from Meister Eckhart: “The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”

I guess the easiest way to put it is that I have let existence be my God. Existence, and all that it contains, is the highest, most divine "thing" that I could ever know.

So when I praise God, I am praising all of existence. This vastness, of which I am but an infinitesimal part of, is divinity and God itself.
>>
>>17154156
I don't believe in mainstream Gods or religions, but maybe there are a Godlike creature somewhere that created this universe. I don't think it is benevolent or malevolent, it was simply doing its job. Probably it doesn't care about us. Nevertheless, I don't really care.
>>
>>17156089
Just curious, why wouldn't you care? How is that not an interesting topic to you?
>>
File: the true god.jpg (3 MB, 4096x4096) Image search: [Google]
the true god.jpg
3 MB, 4096x4096
>>17154156
>>
>>17156131
The sun is a god, yes. The first we ever knew
>>
>>17156155
No dubz, its a burning ball of gas. Not a god. What are you a fucking retard?
>>
Killumunati
>>
>>17156155
Oh yeah
Do you know the fact that no life can survive if we remove sun from our solar system.

You can now imagine that some ball of fire helps us stay alive, it gives us LIFE. Don't you think an object so important deserve some respect? I mean you worship your so called "God" who you hv never met,never saw but SUN, you see it everyday but still take it for granted.

This is the reason those poor pagans (My ancestors) worshipped sun bcoz they knew it's importance but thanks to you Abrahamics they are all gone.Now it's just hinduism who view Sun as god.

(I know there must be some grammatical mistakes so pls dont mind)
>>
>>17156926
Sorry it was meant for this >>17156155
>>
>>17154156
I believe in the Christian God. I was raised under a strict church/school program but it never pushed me away from Him, it only pushed me from the Pharisees that are today's Christian society. I'm not a perfect Christian in any sense but I do believe God still loves and protects me. I've had several incidents where I could have easily died, even in my most dire moments (brought upon by my own foolish actions) God still protects me.
On a related note, my grandma always told me the story of how her mother started floating out of her body during a surgery where she was officially stated to be dead and she saw a light as she headed towards it, the doctors revived her. I honestly believe this story and the love of god shaped my beliefs.
>>
>>17155095
The word "sin" from latin actually means "to miss the point" or in other words, to be ignorant.

Ignorance happens when you let your beliefs cloud the truth. But once you begin to understand how reality actually is, then you are delivered from your ignorance.
>>
>>17154156
Ey yo you buddhist fucks, there a path to enlightenment that let's me be selfish cunt with a strong sense of self, or is it one with everything or bust?
>>17154156
>Do you believe in God? If so which God?
All religious shit prolly has a basis in truth. Dunno if it's deities or just human archetypes though. Prolly one big one who's literally just everything. Or maybe he just decides
>gonna showself in different ways to different cultures because whynot lol
Or maybe hes just a nerd and this is basically his pet project, and we're his favs, but the ayy lmaos are a close second. Little bit of everything, since I haven't had enough life experience to be sure. Or maybe that's the point and it's a weird qualia thing. Guess I'm spiritually a slut. Jesus and Buddha were cool dudes though.
>>
>>17157035
Fool.
>>
>>17155721
thank you, this is very interesting

in return, have a spectacular fiction book which includes these beliefs: hexayurt.com/novel
>>
>>17157459
>Fool.

>sounds like the bad guy in a mortal kombat movie
>>
File: OM.jpg (546 KB, 1113x1167) Image search: [Google]
OM.jpg
546 KB, 1113x1167
>>17154156
Shivoham
Parama Siva
^
Yes
wut
Parama Siva is experienced as infinite bliss; feels good mane.
If you're interested in the deepest philosophy/religion look into Kashmir Shaivism; holy fuck is it deep!
>>
> Mfw all these pantheist heretics near me
> we wuz gods n shiet
>>
>>17157962
u mad?

Absolute Idealism is right.
>>
File: 20160101225034.jpg (36 KB, 288x407) Image search: [Google]
20160101225034.jpg
36 KB, 288x407
>>17157669

Har har mahadev!
>>
>>17154732
You had a dream
>>
>>17154732
Had a few similar experiences... thanks anon
>>
>>17154328
How do you know that wasn't demonic?
>>
Allah is the only God, yes we are protected by Allah blessings as the Al Quran had mentioned everything that we are having now and what will we encounter next until the jugdement day
>>
File: aEzN8z9_700b.jpg (193 KB, 556x2099) Image search: [Google]
aEzN8z9_700b.jpg
193 KB, 556x2099
>>17158166
>>
>>17158120
Trust me I've thought about it, and I guess you can never know 100 percent for sure. But I'm as sure as I can be that it wasn't. It happened right after I asked Jesus for help, and it kinda felt like my spirtual life had been leading up to this point, idk. Aslo I have encountered demons before and I don't think they're capable of bestowing that feeling of pure joy I had, there was nothing malicious about it, it was a comfort I had never known. Demons might be able to provide pleasure for a short time, but not this kind of joy
>>
We can define God as everything and then define that we are what we create: we are our actions and our actions are what we create. These definitions unite religions that say God has created everything with those that say God is everything.

Divine entities are subsets of God, like the set of all green plants is a subset of life.

Believing in God becomes believing everything is.
>>
>>17154158
I have met the creators of this universe, they put me in this adult body after I died 300 years ago. We are all their soul.
>>
Choose to always do good and be instantly liberated.
>>
>>17154749
he kinda finished the joke but then serious'd and kept going
he must be an experienced memer
>>
>>17158120
What would the motive? Also demons can't pretend to be God or with God.
>>
I believe that god is in all of us, in a meaningless state

My theory of life/the afterlife is that there is no afterlife, and no observable god or any god that influences your life for that matter. My theory involves a belief in a personal god, a.k.a. your consciousness. My theory involves pleasing/appealing to your personal god/consciousness so that once each person's meaningless life ends, they can feel satisfied and rest peacefully knowing that they've satisfied themselves.

probably doesn't make much sense because I'm terrible at writing but I can answer any questions about it if anybody cares to ask.
>>
>>17156099
I'm the God.
>>
>>17154328
>mfw Lucifer is the Angel of Light and balance and the bright light you see upon death is his 'sirens call' to lead you to hell
>>
>>17155153
Escape the cranial mind? What? Your mind is located in your cranium. You can't really escape that.
>>
>>17158191
why are there swords after bismillah (in the name of Allah)?
>>
File: Arevakhach.jpg (321 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Arevakhach.jpg
321 KB, 900x900
Armenian Neopagan reporting in.
>>
>>17161326
Mind is nonlocal.
>>
>>17161624
No - hardly...
>>
Baruch spinosism
>>
>>17154156
>Buddha
Buddha wasnt a god ;-; you dont pray to buddha or worship him, he was simply a teacher
>>
>>17155103
'No'

Because one simply cant be. "Being" exists as what? As an experience ofcourse. This creates the need of duality. For a thing to exist there must be an experiencer - existance doesnt exist without the existent, and vice versa, the existent doesnt exist without the existance.
One thing would be... Nothing. If there was once a one, that state would be unrecognixable from a zero.
>>
>>17154156
Yea dude

Muslim dude here , you guys can ask any questions about paranormal shit in islam
>>
>>17158191
As a muslim , thats not how you spell bismillah , plus even if you have that star in the baphomets head (which is a pentagram not a star) this is the first time im seeing that moon in his hand
>>
>>17161683
Do you guys have exorcisms?
>>
File: biggie.jpg (96 KB, 911x1024) Image search: [Google]
biggie.jpg
96 KB, 911x1024
>>17158088
It was all a dream
>>
>>17161320
Fuark, is Lucifer one of those evil dudes who appears to to be a good guy?
>i wish there was a good guy on god's side who commanded the darkness and hunted down demons like a dark sorceror
>>
>>17154328
I can vouch for this feeling during a ceremony before mass we walked into the church singing a chant it was really something I hadn't experienced before that point and this anon pretty much nailed the description perfectly.
>>
I believe in Lucifer as being the only good god. I've asked for help many years to the Christian 'good' gods and never got anything back, but once I started practicing witchcraft and meditation, and dedicated my soul to Satan my life got a whole lot better. Allegedly your typical gods like Jesus and Marie are evil and only do miracles and that sort of stuff to prove they have power, but in reality all they want is for you to suffer all your life so that in the end you can join their private group in a heaven. It's all a big lie.
You guys should check out this website if you are interested in learning more about this stuff: http://joyofsatan.org/
>>
>>17161760
I used to read Word Up magazine
>>
>>17154156
>Do you believe in God? If so which God?
"They" as in "We" are all coming from one and the same creation. We are all Sub Logos of Creation, each Soul is yet another smaller unique portion of The Infinite One.
Yes I believe in Us and have met a few of them you call gods.

>Do you think God protects you from any paranormal creatures?
Well.. Yes, or shall I say At least for the moment. I'll give you a hint from my perspective, stop hitting yourself!

>Happy New Year also to everyone!
Happy New year to you too, Love all of you
>>
>>17161722
Muslims have very short attention spans. That's why he left ten minutes after entering the thread.
>>
>>17161637
Your cranial mind is made from nonlocal quantum waves, by focusing the mind to their level it too becomes nonlocal
>>
>>17162135
True.

Love you too.
>>
>>17161326
Sure you can. By meditating or following a higher power you can escape anything
>>
>>17162118
Satan only gives you what you want in this life in order to turn you away from God. God wants us to enjoy our life, not suffer. Sure he doesn't want us to sin, but he understands that we're human and we make mistakes. That's why Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice for us. Now all is forgiven if you just accept Jesus as your savior and repent for your sins. It's a small price to pay for eternal life
>>
>>17161281
Are you implying that there's over 7 billion gods walking around on this planet?
>>
>>17154156
There is literally no evidence whatsoever for a God existing. The major religions with deities have all been 'revealed' to humanity through the words of another, human's are fallible and would logically be unable to determine if who they allege shared knowledge with them, was even a God in the first place. A higher power could be any being and there would be no way to prove that they were in fact God almighty. Even if He/She/It did in fact come to Earth in a physical form and perform miracles, it would not be evidence because it would be unverifiable that it was the God.
>>
>>17161780
>Fuark, is Lucifer one of those evil dudes who appears to to be a good guy?
literally everything in christian doctrine says so. He was/is gods greatest angel. I've read text that explains that Lucifer is still in Heaven 'in god's ear', denouncing us this very moment and the fall hasn't happened yet. His status as the Angel of Balance and LIGHT gives me pause when I read about those that see a light upon near death experiences
>>
>>17162611
Lucifer (literally lightbringer) who offers the fruit of knowledge is (like) Prometheus who gave humen light. Jehovah/Zeus is the evil force that wants to enslave by keeping its subjects in darkness (ignorance). Explore Gnosis (Knowledge)
>>
>>17162557
One ocean has countless droplets.
>>
>>17162547
Eternal life itself is a price to pay.
>>
>>17162596
There is evidence in experience, when you have created a universe, with guidance from the creators of this one, no doubt remains.
>>
>>17162774
Wrong view. With right view existence is ever growing absolute bliss.
>>
>>17162785
How is experience evidence of anything? People who experience delusions say that there are new Gods and we as a species have invented many over the course of our history. So their experience means those Gods are real too? But then why do some people say there's only one God?

What you said is not evidence, it's confirmation bias.
>>
>>17162763
God's love is an ocean that flows through everything including us humans. Believing that you're an actual god responsible for the creation for this world is the kind of hubris that leads us to destroying that very world. (Global warming, deforestation, hole in ozone layer, etc.)
>>
>>17162798
But thats a meaningless statement in this world because some people can't get to right existence, like victims of war.
>>
>>17162774
Im the guy you responded to. When I say life I mean every positive quality along with it. Love, joy, growth, light.

The opposite is death. Hate, misery, decay, darkness. Suffering.

I don't know about you, but for me eternal joy is a better price to pay than eternal suffering
>>
>>17162811
How can nonexperience be evidence?
>>
>>17162818
Believing you are a limited human leads to greed and selfishness.
>>
>>17162833
Anyone can be good regardless of their situation and to be good is the path to infinite good.
>>
>>17162841
Everyone is inevitably immersed in eternal joy.
>>
>>17162811
There are many math teachers yet one mathematics.
>>
>>17162986
>>17163038
And your reply proves God, how? Anecdotal use of words mean you know English, not proof of a deity.
>>
>>17162995
Sometimes maybe. But sometimes it leads us to call for the help of one greater than us. We are vessels for the divine if we submit and align with God. We must become empty first in order to be filled though
>>
>>17163016
That would be great. Unfortunately that's more optimistic than I am. Why do you believe that if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>17163062
Yes, stay humble, submit to the divine currents or drown.
>>
>>17163079
From this point of view it is obvious, also God said so. We cannot escape the infinite bliss of God like the woven cloth cannot escape the thread with which it is woven.
>>
>>17163044
God is proven through experience of God.
>>
god is just everyting that we see
>>
>>17163116
You can experience anything through delusion, drugs and mental illness. So anything exists? Logical fallacy.
>>
>>17163243
Who's the judge of what is delusion or mental illness? Sometimes you just know. All humans are blessed with intuition.
>>
>>17163265
If something is unrepeatable or observable by others. Delusion is obvious. If one person said "I can literally talk with God and he replies." Would you believe him? No, because experiencing God is not a valid form of proof. Intuition is fallible because it can and does fail.

People have used "I just know" as evidence for a lot of things, but it's not evidence, it's assumption and all assumption can be thrown in the trash along with anything else unsubstantiated or not backed up by logic.
>>
>>17155344
You've inspired me. (not sarcasm)
>>
>>17163296
If you truly believe, you close the part of your brain that uses logic and reasoning. In short, you relinquish your ability to decipher reality and fiction.

If you already believe, seeing Jesus in anything is easy because you want to see it. If you don't believe, there's a reason why Jesus isn't there, because he isn't.
>>
>>17155851
Beautiful post
>>
>>17163289
Africa is proven by going across an ocean and experiencing Africa.
>>
>>17163289
Personally, yes I would believe him. Im not saying that everyone who claims this is correct or necessarily telling the truth. But I'm not the judge of someone's spiritual life, whether they be Christian, atheist, buddhist, whatever. I've meandered through all these perspectives and can empathize with all of them, or at least most of them. For me though God is more a feeling you experience that guides you, similar to intuition
>>
>>17163243
Consistency is key, all of modern physics is based on probability, by observing a certain behaviour enough times we consider it proven. By interacting with lifeforms daily I conclude life exists, by interacting with God daily I conclude God exists. That proof is repeatable experience is a fundamental axiom of science.
>>
>>17154156
I met baphomet once. In a dream. I'm no Satanist...

I was having an emotionally difficult time dealing with a task in a dream; to climb one tree and go from that to another and the branches were too skinny to support me, but I managed to climb the trees anyway and when I had climbed to the second and across it and over a small mountain and was exiting the tree, I was suddenly in a living room staring face to face with baphomet.

I had wondered why I felt controlled watched and ill during the dream.

I was shocked at his appearance. I felt like he was controlling the dream from behind the scenes.

After I had a moment of utter shock I woke up. I felt like I have him the wrong emotion but damn baphy don T spring shit like that on me.
>>
>>17163309
This is somewhat true I guess, but isn't everything like that? You only see if your eyes are open, you only hear if you uncover your ears. You have tobe receptive to something to recieve it.
>>
>>17163324
God as a intuitive feeling will guide you to concrete divine entities who will guide you to the intuitive feeling of God.
>>
>>17163113
I believe it's impossible to turn away from God once you hear his call, but I don't think eveybody is ready to hear it yet
>>
I believe all living things harbor a universal consciousness and the planet itself is alive in a non-literal way. I believe the universe has a purpose in a way that cannot necessarily be validated by an external authority or outlined by a clear "goal" but in a way that is made valid simply by merit of its existence.

I think everyone has to believe in something, even if it's just the unspoken values and rules of the society they live in. If you truly believed in nothing you wouldn't carry on living.
>>
>>17163361
True, the feeling and the entity are one and the same
>>
>>17163314
Which is experienced by numerous people independently of belief. It's there if you didn't know it was there. Experiencing God is not something you can replicate like that.

>>17163324
That's an interesting perspective, but it might be a bit of a cop out when asked about first causes. The feeling inside you wouldn't explain creation for example.

>>17163341
The difference between probability and plausibility matter.

Is it possible that the Christian God exists? It's possible but it's not plausible.

Is it possible that the pagan gods exist? It's possible but It's not plausible.

Not knowing is why it's possible but it's not plausible because those understandings of God rely heavily on contradictory fallacies.

"I conclude the Easter Bunny exists because somebody has invented it and I see it existing in media, so it has to exist because it came from somewhere" isn't a logical conclusion and that is the entire summary of your belief in God.

People interact with delusions often and unless you say "Oh it's X from Y religion," everybody will question what the person is saying and understand that it's a delusion. The only reason religious delusion gets a free pass is because it's such a massively shared delusion.

Many, innumerable people share delusions of alien abduction and among logical thinking people, it's written off as an interesting, but not plausible reality. If by them experiencing it, it's real, we'd have a database of aliens that science references because people said they saw/heard/experienced them.

>>17163350
A thousand people can share the same experience if a noise if played for them.
A thousand people can see a film if it's played for them.
A thousand people cannot experience God in the same way they would experience the others. The tool they use to perceive God is expectation. When a miracle happens, a Christian will praise Jesus. A Buddhist thanks karma, a Muslim praises Allah.
>>
>>17163350
>>17163442
The conclusion being that perception is fallible, there's no way to accurately detect God even if you 'feel' him. We know our perceptions can be fooled, experiencing, feeling something is not proof because we can simulate the sensation of pain or shock by misleading the brain. Misleading the senses is not true experience, when you have a preconceived notion or expectation, you've already done the hard bit, misleading the senses to a conclusion or a confirmation bias.
>>
>>17163442
What about all the billions of people who have claimed to have independently experienced god? Sure I guess you can't technically prove it but if a billion people claimed to have seen something in the sky but no one recorded it would you believe them?
>>
>>17163442
My bad I didn't see your full comment, you kinda addressed>>17163473. Fair enough
>>
>>17163442
It can be replicated and instructions are available from many sources. Meditation is key, focus your mind to the Planck length and you will see.
>>
>>17163442
To be honest I didn't expect anything when I asked for Jesus' help and recieved it. It was a just a last ditch effort, I had nothing to lose. Sure you could say this is my mind playing tricks on me as a self-defense mechanism or something, but I don't think so. All I have to go on is my experience
>>
>>17155043
almost anon, but the word god is stupid and antiquated
>>
>>17163473
Can we prove to anyone that Africa exists unless they choose to come with us on the ship? Meditation is the ship through which we experience God, an experience that grows until it engulfes and dwarfs anything experienceable in the material world. This is not a theory, nor feely intuition, divine presence is verifiable Fact.
>>
To see the infinite bliss that we are swimming in meditate every moment.
>>
>>17163495
It can't be replicated and tested like everything else we can verify as true about our universe. Meditation is similar to medication, in that engaging in it is the deliberate warping of your own perceptions through altering the state of your brain, that isn't proof of anything but what I said. Alter your state of mind and you can perceive things that aren't real.

>>17163520
This is confirmation bias.

Confirmation bias refers to a type of selective thinking whereby one tends to notice and to look for what confirms one's beliefs, and to ignore, not look for, or undervalue the relevance of what contradicts one's beliefs. For example, if you believe that during a full moon there is an increase in admissions to the emergency room where you work, you will take notice of admissions during a full moon, but be inattentive to the moon when admissions occur during other nights of the month. A tendency to do this over time unjustifiably strengthens your belief in the relationship between the full moon and accidents and other lunar effects.

>>17163539
If meditation is the ship through which we experience God, then religions wouldn't denounce meditation at all. It's another way to warp your perception but it's not proof of anything.
>>
File: 1451336716001.jpg (50 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
1451336716001.jpg
50 KB, 400x534
>He believes in any metaphysical way of proving or disproving God through reason
It sure stinks of fedora in here
>>
Haha, let's just wait and see if Elijah will come to help you
>>
>>17163566
The proof is in the pudding.
>>
>>17163539
I agree, I was just arguing that sometimes people will take a shared experience like seeing something as fact but will ignore religious experience because you can't technically see it
>>
>>17163566
Except I don't undervalue any evidence that contradicts my beliefs. You may not believe me but I welcome any and all conversation on both sides of my opinion. I believe it strengthens me spiritually. This is the only way to make progress of any kind, to have people of different beliefs come together and talk about them. So although I have faith it isn't blind faith because of what I have experienced and the angles I have looked at my beliefs from. If you believe I'm a victim of confirmation bias though, why would you not also be a victim of it?
>>
Was Jesus an Alien?
https://youtu.be/vGMtlYcUpJE
>>
File: black knight.jpg (4 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
black knight.jpg
4 KB, 300x169
>>17154156
>>17154156
The world we know is nothing but an experiment
Blacks,middle easterns,asian,native americans are all the original inhabitants of Earth
the Aryans
A super unfathomable intelligent race of peace and science created The Jews
an experiment went wrong
they crave destruction and control
they make lies to further their agenda
they want to destroy the REAL Aryans witch do not live on this planet
NO one person that lives on this planet is a pure blood
a select few of Aryans were placed on this planet to mix with the original inhabitants
to see if the offspring would have the same abilities of the Ayans
the abilities are dormant
A man named Jesus awoken these powers
the Jews killed him and used him as a figure to further their agenda
the world is being watched by the Aryans
They don't interact with us
they have power that no man or woman in this day and age can attain
their are many other planets in other galaxies being observed by the Aryans
we must destroy the Jews then we might have a chance at becoming as God like as them
>>
>>17163732
i agree with this to an extant
>>
Ayo God here.
Just chillin hanging back no lie.
I got mad and lost my cool before and I threw a glass cup at a wall and it didn't shatter.
I guess being a wizard has its perks.
But anyways I made a thread on Christmas and u fuckheads didn't belieb me.
Fuck do I need to give u a second cumming if y'all just gonna not believe me anyway.
IPads and rubber dicks is all what humanity needs anway. I did my job now I'm just gonna chill back and do my thang and talk like a gangster ironically. Ayyyyyyy

Btw I was the one that came up with the metal gear solid allegory. That hoe kojima is probably one of my favorite people. Yeah god loves metal gear solid.

Just so you know, y'all fuckheads need to work it out. If people dont stop making fun of people in worse off places then you then y'all a bunch of ungrateful scornful assholes that don't need mah saving.

But anyways shout out to Alan Moore, Akira Toriyama, Neil Gaiman, and that nigga Ryan Gosling. Drive is me favorite moving picture.
Anyhow I can teach y'all motherfuckers to think sixth dimensionally if you insist, but only if I get 10 hallelujahs and a mkthrrfucking amen
>>
>>17154156
I believe in the one, true God. The Lord of Spirits.
May he have mercy on our souls, and bless us in his light.
>>
You people talk the most bullshit in the world.
>>
>>17163713
Because you are not looking at it from all angles as you claim. You have looked at angles from your perspective, as I've said, your perspective is your perception and it's flawed, easily manipulated and your unwavering faith in your own faith is a type of blind faith on the foundation of confirmation bias.

My perception of God is based on the observable logic that God cannot be proven. The untestable and unfalsifiable belief in God as proof is a logical fallacy. From a logical standpoint, believing you can experience God and that experience is God is a logical fallacy in itself, perpetuated by confirmation bias and a willingness to deny any other possibility besides the desired belief.
>>
>>17154156
Jehovah of armies
>>
>>17164158
Like I said in different words I have unflinchingly looked at all the possibilities (that I can think of course) that could be responsible for my experience and I can't come up with anything. Now trust me I don't expect you to believe a random anon, why would you right? All I can do is give you my side of the story just like you do. Explain how you don't fall into the same trap that you believe I'm in though if you could. If our perceptions are so flawed then why do you believe anything you experience? Like you said a significant number of people saying they experience the same thing isn't enough to believe something happened or is possible. So why would you believe anything? Why would you believe you exist? Or that I exist? Or that you're opinion is right in this discussion? How also are you not a victim of confirmation bias yourself? I mean we all desire to believe that we're right don't we?

By your reasoning we can never prove anything. We need to take at least a small leap of faith to even believe that we're experiencing what we seem to be experiencing. The same thing it takes to believe in God. Whether you believe it or not, I experienced what I experienced. I didn't have to believe it, I had the freedom not to.But I decided to take that leap of faith. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink
>>
>>17164366
Well a great philosopher once postulated the nature of existence, the French philosopher, Descartes.

"I think, therefore I am."

By that reasoning, you're right, we can't prove anything definitively and many sociologists refuse to use the word 'proof' due to its intangible nature. However, what we do know about our reality surrounding us, is that it abides by a set of rules that we can approach with the scientific method and make accurate conclusions regarding the nature of existence.

These things tie in to perception and specifically navigate our desires and opinions and what is reasoned and logically true. A significant number of people saying they experience the same thing isn't enough to believe something happened or is possible because the reality of what they experienced is not credible if it is not testable, verifiable independently and you're able to get the same result when tested. All knowledge that is true, that we know to be true, is tested via the scientific method and science is the reality which is flawless in design. Actual data and desirable data are two completely separate things, that's why taking any "leap of faith to believe" is irresponsible, because it allows you to make assumptions in place of logic based on desire. That's the furthest thing from verifiable that you can get.

I don't deny that you feel or believe that you experienced God. Millions of people believe or feel that they have, I deny that their experience is proof of God, because whatever it is that they claim to have experienced, apart from supposition and hope, there is no way they can prove the being they supposedly interacted with was God.

People get tricked and brainwashed all of the time, it's possible for people to do it to themselves as well as each other, they hope for what they can't prove but want to be true, so they fill in the blanks.
>>
>>17164366
>>17164546
The issue is:
It's simply not evidence. Every religion in history claims their God or gods are the true gods, but every last one of them lacks any genuine tangible, irrefutable evidence. Whatever evidence there is, is based on hearsay, opinion, desire and what they interpret to be true, without any objective way of identifying what they say is true.

Belief simply isn't sufficient to prove anything, all it proves is that given the right motivation, people will convince themselves of anything to make themselves feel better.
>>
>>17164546
I guess we just gotta agree to disagree then mate. Out of curiosity though, how would you react or what would you think if you personally experienced something that could not be reasoned? Do you believe that everything that exists or will exist fits into the neat box of logic? To me the very existence of this universe is beyond understanding but that's a different argument.
>>
>>17164606
I have experienced things that could not be reasoned. However these things could not be reasoned due to a limitation of knowledge, perception and understanding.

We know that Jesus allegedly walked on water, but so has the magician Dynamo. We know that psychics have plucked personal information from people regarding their deceased loved ones, but we also know that Derran Brown can do the same and he openly admits he's not a psychic.

The power of suggestion, persuasion and trickery is seen throughout the world and is not new. It's ancient and is the reason why gullible people have followed supposed religious figures who have a direct line of contact to God like they have his phone number.

Both Christianity and Islam are based entirely around one person claiming divinity and divine links to God. There is no way of knowing their shared link to a God was actually the God, or even a God at all. Any being with sufficient technology or ability to exploit human ignorance and psychology could appear like a God to them. There could be many beings capable of this and the belief over all things that it most assuredly is God and DEFINITELY nothing else, again, is conjecture and the desire to believe it's true.

You might not know the end goals of other beings that deliberately mislead of trick humans, but that doesn't mean that they're less likely and God is more likely. It's impossible to know for sure, but declaring God is a logical fallacy that decries we throw reasoning out of the window.

It is possible to stimulate the human senses with drugs to make people feel calm, at peace and under the false belief that they're in contact with eternal bliss, but again, it's not God. If somebody wishes to believe it's God, it's without any real evidence, just conjecture and hope.

If you look rationally at the miracles people see, they never defy reality and leave evidence. They always defy reality and leave no trace.
>>
>>17164654
The thing I disagree with though is that reasoning goes out the window by believing in God. Using the intellect that humans are blessed with we are able to deduce which things are more likely than others. Just because you can't 100 percent prove something to be true doesn't mean that you can't or shouldn't believe it, but anyway I've said my piece. We're both aware that this discussion could go on forever lol. I'm aware that their is countless information to refute the '"fact" that there's a God. I'm willing to hear it if you want to continue but like I said this could go on forever
>>
>>17164724
Believing in God and hoping for God are two different things, when I said reasoning goes out the window, I meant when you interpret a religious event to be significant enough to imply it was God. The implication alone even with a verifiable event, does not mean it's a Godly event.

I don't remove the potential for God at all, because I simply cannot verify it at all and it is impossible to do so. Even if everybody on Earth saw a being descend from the sky and perform outrageously impossible things. People would no doubt believe it was God if it claimed to be, but it would not be proof because it would be impossible to know that the being doesn't mean to mislead us and make us think that it's the God.

You're right, the discussion could go on for ages, because it's an endless and timeless debate. Though regardless of infinite human experience and knowledge, the proof provided will forever be not proof enough because it's unverifiable evidence. Evidence might suggest something is true but not guarantee it. When enough evidence builds up to create an undeniable truth, we accept it based on the reality of our universe and our understanding of it.

However, when you factor in beings and claims, you create a problem regarding logic. If Jesus was born and left incontrovertible evidence of his miracles that were scientifically observable, repeated, tested, verified and documented, it would only do one thing. It would prove that Jesus was able to use some ability to contravene the normal capabilities of people and it would most assuredly appear to be Godlike abilities. But again, it would not demonstrate what he is saying is true, it would still all be a claim.
>>
>>17164724
>>17164788

If I went back in time, I could claim to be a son of a human and alien from the star system Zeta Reticuli and I could use a common handheld gun to demonstrate my powers over life and death and it would appear to be magic. The people I made the claim to would be inclined to believe I was telling the truth because I performed an impossible task by their logic and reasoning. It would still not be true, even if I refused to say that it was a trick, nobody would know for sure. That's precisely why religious revelation is not sufficient to convince any logical thinking person that God exists.
>>
>>17164788
I think there's truths that transcend this "reality." Of course all I have once again is my own perception, experience, information acquired, etc. to go on just as you do. (I'm going to stop repeating this now and hope we both realize this from here on out) I think it's extremely arrogant to believe that the only truths that exist are truths that we as human beings can prove. Whether it be about God, humanity, matter, whatever the case may be. Why do you personally believe that humans have the key to the answers? Do you believe truth can exist independently of whether or not it can or will ever be known? Anything I say from this point on will probably be of a theological nature because that's the area we or at least I seem to be moving towards but I don't know if you're open to that type of discussion
>>
>>17164889
It could also turn toward an epistemological discussion I guess
>>
>>17163378
I agree that all things harbor universal consciousness but would suggest the purpose is to perceive and experience all there is to experience. So you cant get it wrong, anything you do contributes to the totality of the universes perceived experience.
The meaning of life is to do whatever it is that you're going to do, because it needs doing and you're the one to do it, whatever it is!
While this might seem inherently cold and immoral, its actually poetically just. If there is one universal consciousness that inhabits all that is, then we are simultaneously both aggressor and victim of every conflict there ever was. Treat others as you would have them treat you, because that's exactly how you're going to be treated when you live as them.
The end game is that you are god and this is school. Before we are allowed to be a free citizen of the divine plane we must first understand through experience all that we command. By our graduation we will know what right and wrong is because we will have lived it.
>>
I believe in the creator. I discovered the creator when I attended a ceremonial sweat. I had visions of spirits and had gotten my spiritual name from an elder who sang songs for me and had received my colours.
>>
>>17165425
Wow, that's pretty interesting
>>
>>17154156
I believe in a Christian God.
The reasoning behind is this that my dad has been a devoted Christian his entire life, and has experienced a lot of things that my family and I can only really describe as divine intervention.
My brother and I have thought to see something that we believe is tied into our faith, one way or another, with his friends and my friends being able to attest to sightings of it different times. But I think the accounts my dad has witnessed is more evidence to the Christian religion, as opposed to just religion in general.
>>
The only divine thing existing are the hyperboreans living in Agartha.
>>
>>17154156
People should consider that: and traditional god is bad ruler, if he ruler, because too much shit people do under this planet.
>>
>>17154156
In case god ruler of the planet Earth, people should consider that any traditional god is bad ruler because too much shit people do under this planet.
Also some traditions are sick because contain some crap as allow photo but deny paintings, allow bird to sing bud deny people to sing.
>>
>>17164889
It's not arrogance at all. It would be arrogant to assume that God chooses to relate specifically with us as human beings and disregard everything else. I don't believe humans have the key to the answers, I'm not talking about people from a philosophical perspective. The only reality is that we can answer questions and given enough time, we are more likely to. It's not a prediction based on arrogance, it's simply because we're the only species capable of reasoning and testing things to be true.

Truth is truth, regardless of whether we know it, but every logic and reasoning tool that we have demonstrates that our religious Gods are made up. They lack even the most basic of evidence, it's nothing but hopes and circular reasoning that allows people to hold on to it.

"I was in a car crash and I prayed to God that I would not die, and I didn't. God definitely exists."

That attitude is harmful because there's undoubtedly thousands upon thousands of people who prayed to the apparent 'correct' God who failed to answer their prayers before dying.

http://www.godfallacies.com/

Take a read, it challenges the whole "truths that transcend this reality" belief with a convincing reasoning. Be careful not to make conclusions based on what you want to be true. If something is true, wanting it not to be true doesn't change anything.
>>
>>17165496
This is poor reasoning, "I and others who believe what I believe have experienced a lot of things which confirm my faith is real."

What experiences? Such as? If it doesn't convince anybody but other Christians, it's a demonstration of confirmation bias, because it holds no real evidence. It's all conjecture. If it was true, you wouldn't require others who believe what you believe to confirm it.

I have personally been part of a household of psychics and every single one of them believes what they're seeing and saying, but none of them ever have a shared conversation with a ghost, it's always as you said "attest to sightings at different times." Or, independent observations with no relation to each other besides attempts to tie them together to confirm your position as being true.
>>
>>17166696
Even if God doesn't answer your prayer, it isn't about the physical rewards. Always about what is best for the Spiritual outcome.

You don't believe in God to ask for a bunch of stuff and blame God because He doesn't give you the proof you want, and God doesn't reveal Himself to people who don't want to reveal their self to Him.
>>
>>17166706
Good luck finding your evidence by trying to force claims out of people.

Someone experienced something you didn't, and claims they seen bigfoot, and you trust them because they are close to you, what do you do?
>>
>>17154328

>warm blue light

you were abducted, good sir. Ayyy Lmao controls you now.
>>
>>17166710
It's not about what God replies to. It's about not using that reasoning as evidence that God exists, because it's not evidence, it's confirmation bias.

"God doesn't reveal Himself to people who don't want to reveal their self to Him."

Well then, I waited all my life, I was from a religious background and I so desperately needed help and comfort, yet there was none. A religious person would conclude, "he was there, you just weren't paying enough attention."
That's the same poor reasoning, because it's an excuse to wriggle out of giving a genuine answer, the person has no answer. They cannot presume to know the will of God, you can't presume to know the will of God. You merely interpret a lack of answer a specific way, your perception and reasoning is used to mislead yourself to confirmation bias. Which again, renders that type of understanding to "you can't see it if you're not looking within." Or, playing with words and metaphors to avoid answering a question with any sufficient explanation to anyone looking for answers.

>>17166720
How am I forcing claims out of people? I said it's not evidence when people claim things. Your reasoning is that you should implicitly believe somebody you trust because they claim they saw bigfoot and they're convinced of it.

The logical belief would be that they saw something they interpreted as bigfoot, but it was actually something else. Their experiences and knowledge allowed them to conclude it was a mythical ape and that is the most likely scenario and not that they saw something and filled in the blanks with their preconceived notions.

It's not proof of bigfoot. "I saw it, it's true" might be a true statement, but the interpretation of what they saw doesn't mean it's actually bigfoot.
>>
File: dasha-pliska-02.jpg (50 KB, 600x438) Image search: [Google]
dasha-pliska-02.jpg
50 KB, 600x438
RA-HOOR-KHUIT
>>
>>17154156

I think that humanity has tried to understand our origins for a long time. I don't think that if there was such a grandiose concept as a god that humanity would have any capability to grasp it.

If he demanded our worship, he would make it clear. If he has no power over us, in what sense are we obligated to worship him? If he wants the world to know of his existence, why only reveal himself to a select tribe?

There's really no stance to take. We do not know.
>>
>>17166696
Just so you know >>17166710
And >>17166706 weren't me >>17164889

But anyway dude Im way too tired for this right now I might check that site out later. One last thing I wanna say though is it's strange how you seem to be above some of these fallacies that you accuse me of. Just because I believe a certain belief doesn't mean I'm commiting a fallacy. It seems to me that you think just because you claim to view these things soley from a rational standpoint that you are conveniently cleared of any fallacious thinking while conveniently skipping over any beliefs that you can't prove. This all probably came out shittily written, my bad im fucking tired lol maybe Ill pick this up again later. I don't know we'll see
>>
>>17166747
If God did reveal himself to the world, we wouldn't be able to prove that the being claiming to God is a legitimate claim other than being overwhelmed by the performance of miracles and having faith that it's true.

>>17166753
The belief is a fallacy when it comes to God because it's impossible to verify. A lot of claims in everyday life, we use tried and tested, verified methods to confirm it and those things fill our science books and other educational books.

I am not claiming divine intelligence, I know my life likely consists of plenty of confirmation bias in other fields in my life, because our brains are hardwired to see patterns and fill in the blanks with preconceived notions. I don't think I'm exempt from them, but it won't stop me from warning others of utilizing logical fallacies as evidence.

It's not convenient to skip over belief, because belief is so well tied together with God. The issue is that it's impossible to prove, but too many people consider their perceptions to prove what they believe, independently of anybody else being able to experience the same.

We know our mind plays tricks on us, we know our perceptions are fallible, we know it's possible to be mislead and to only listen to evidence that supports what we want to be true. But we only seem to know that when it comes to everything that doesn't talk about God. Believers, without fail, bounce over logic and ignore or denounce conflicting belief to further back up their position.

One guy in the thread claims to have experienced Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit and is convinced his belief is true. People make the same claims about experiencing Muhammad's divinity, throughout history people have done the same regarding various other gods. They can't all be true, but we dismiss the ones that don't match our belief.
>>
>>17166753
>>17166766

I know this from experience, too. I went out of my way talking to priests, religious scholars and even just family members (because I wanted their feelings and my trust in them to verify what I wanted to be true.) The problem is, finding truth in want and not in reality protects us from asking or even attempting to answer hard questions. "It's God's will." "He works in mysterious ways."

Or, as a less fancy way, but the exact same reply "I have no fucking idea. I simply cannot understand why something happened." That is why there's been so many gods, to explain gaps in knowledge, earthquakes, storms, floods, "god did it."

Anyway, I understand that you may be tired. I've made many a post as rushed as possible just to get in a reply and it's lacked the detail necessary to relay my point. Get some rest, come back if you feel it's of any interest to you.
>>
>>17166737
No that's evidence, like if I seen you in person, only then are you real, but because I can't see you, you obviously don't exist due to lack of scientific evidence.
>>
>>17166781
People suffer delusions and see people that aren't there. But they saw them, so they're real.
Poor reasoning and thinking.

"I can't see you, so you don't exist."
By that logic, nobody exists to blind people. There are many ways to discern what exists as we understand it, others can read what I wrote and tell you that you did indeed read my posts and that they're demonstrable to others.

The difference is. If I claim to be God, I'm not obviously God because I'm here, anymore than I'm obviously not God. You can't prove that I'm not, by your logic because there's a lack of scientific evidence.

Which comes back to my initial point, you cannot prove God exists. You most definitely cannot prove that God exists through hearsay and conjecture, and if you did, we'd have a library of gods that have all been proved by a bunch of people's belief and revelation.

We flat out deny the divine claims of people today, but fail to apply that logic to previous divine claims of the past that already fail to pass scientific understanding we know debunks certain religious claims. People choose to ignore this though, because it goes against their belief, or they rationalize it until it fits their narrative better.
>>
>>17166790
Science also cannot prove God exists because they have limited resources.

The only way to God is through surrender and acknowledgments.

You also cannot prove He doesn't exist, due to your inferior limitation of using science, for scientific research is considered true until proven wrong, therefore statements are not always true.

Smoking in the 50's was healthy until they found out it was cancer.
>>
>>17166773
That first paragraph, particularly the last sentence, is exactly why I can't find faith (new to the thread btw).

Logic and rational conclusions are such a core part of me that there is no room for faith. I have never experienced anything that I couldn't find an explanation for.

It can make me a bit jaded at times. I don't feel any holes spiritually but I am jealous of the tranquility the truly faithful feel. I know it's them just turning over complex questions to their gods but it must be nice to just let go like that. It also comes across as jaded that I don't believe in the inherent goodness of man or luck or anything that irrationally explains a favorable outcome. It's just statistical odds to me.

I rarely discuss my atheism with anyone but my wife and best friend. Partly because I don't think it defines me and thus isn't relevant to others and partly because the militant atheists make us look bad.

Anyway. Rambled a little there. But I really liked seeing someone nail a thought that well.
>>
>>
>>17166817
>Science also cannot prove God exists because they have limited resources.

That is what I've been saying. It is impossible to "feel God exists" and know, because your senses can be fooled and belief is not proof. Your belief in God is largely based on desire and willing desire to submit to what you want to be true. You don't know it, nor can you prove it. Even if it turned out there was a God, your God and what the actual God is are incompatible.

Surrendering to God and acknowledging is the exact same as giving up reason and logic based on what you want to be true and accepting your hopes as reality. Also known as delusion.

Statements are not always true, it's exactly what I've been saying. But a statement can be verified to be true by scientific method, however as I said, it is impossible to prove God exists and even those who believe they have some sort of relationship with God are leaping over obstacles to come to conclusions they want to.

Example:
Being speaks to you, offers you wisdom and advice to avoid torment.
You feel that the being is wise and hear a powerful voice.
The being tells you it's got full control over what happens to you.
You conclude that it's God.
You feel small and powerless and surrender to the authority.

The God is actually a military man who advises you to cooperate and you wont get hurt.
You're in a cold dark room, isolated and alone.
The man opens the crack in the cell door and light shines in, the voice echoes throughout the cell, giving a powerful booming voice.
The man tells you that your fate is in his hands and fate can be easy or hard on you, all you have to do is submit.
You surrender.

The ability to conclude based on perception is fallible because the alleged relationship you feel you have can not be verified as the real relationship. It's a perspective thing, unique to you and verifiable only by you and it fails to pass any kind of rigorous test to legitimize. So it would be considered delusion.
>>
>>17166854
>your God and what the actual God is are incompatible
The point to belief in God is to worship the God that is Absolute, not superficial constructs of religion, just pure love for One God and there is a path to do so.

There is just as much evidence from a theist and an atheist, there is "none" on both sides

You can't prove any of your claims either.
>>
>>17166840
I understand and relate in perhaps a way religious believers feel with one another. The core of my being is logic and reason, it has tainted my belief in people and the goodness of men. I know that science backs up our origins as animals, born of the most successful, often the most violent and destructive and power hungry of our kind. That is what we carry in our DNA, society is a new construct and finding a way to get it to work is difficult because we weren't built for society by God, as religious people believe. We evolved to succeed and compete to a never ending finishing line and our need to destroy our competition is why there's so much war, death and destruction. Society tells us to care, but we haven't wiped out hunger or war because we're not built to care about others than don't belong to our group. We're built to wipe them out and continue our own legacy.

Understanding humans from a natural perspective comes across as a jaded one but seeing everyone as a spiritual entity as though we're angels at God's side is a warped perspective based on desire. When we look at ourselves like that, with such grand opinions of ourselves, it's no wonder people struggle to believe we're animals like every other one on the planet. We 'feel' we share little in common with them. But we share everything in common, what you feel isn't proof of anything, and again, that ties in to belief.

Ramble away, that's what this thread is about. I am not a militant atheist, being 100% sure that God doesn't exist is a logical fallacy, it's 100% impossible to prove either way.
>>
File: facts8.jpg (109 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
facts8.jpg
109 KB, 660x495
>>
>>17166860
>The point to belief in God is to worship the God that is Absolute, not superficial constructs of religion, just pure love for One God and there is a path to do so.

Where is the evidence to prove that this is true and not an opinion?

>There is just as much evidence from a theist and an atheist, there is "none" on both sides.

What we can prove is that the human perception used to understand God through religious is massively flawed and contradictory in nature, which means it would be irrelevant to use religious belief as a means to prove or understand God.

I can prove that and it's all I claimed. I never claimed there is no God. The one claim I made was that it is impossible to verify that God exists.
>>
>>17166842
>>17166875
Propaganda doesn't prove anything, other than people will pick a side based on who is made to look like they're evil or an idiot.

If anything, it demonstrates that people will not weigh up God reasonably using logic and reasoning, but pick and choose a side they feel is more compatible with them. It's also known as cherry picking.
>>
>>17166878
>where is the evidence to prove that this is true and not an opinion
If you worship God, it would be pointless to setter for a lesser being / one that isn't Absolute in all quality. Which God is the highest? That one.
>>
File: atheists-are-idiots.jpg (30 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
atheists-are-idiots.jpg
30 KB, 403x403
>>17166884
You can worship God and pick cherries, though I don't think I ever seen a cherry tree.
>>
>>17166890
That would make sense, but it's impossible to know with complete certainty that the being that you have a relationship, should it actually be a real tangible being, is actually God and you're not being tricked. There's zero way of knowing for sure.

But what you said isn't evidence of anything. All you said is "I worship the one true God and the point is to worship him."

Where is the evidence that suggests the point is to worship God? There isn't any.

>>17166893
Mocking and denouncing something does not mean it loses validity, if anything it does the opposite by reinforcing that the adjacent opinion needs to stoop to mockery to make the counter point appear to lose validity.

There is no proof that God exists. I am therefore an idiot, right? According to the jpg you named, you support that opinion.

There is no proof that God doesn't exist. Therefore I am right that he does exist, is a more valid opinion? It's not, you can't prove God exists or doesn't exist so taking a certain stand either way is ridiculous.
>>
>>17166904
God exists, just figure it out and find your own evidence man
>>
>>17159235
>demons can't pretend to be God
Oboy, are you in for it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUJJja_Opis
>JESUS CHRIST IS GOD!
>>
>>17166961
Damn dude that was too intense...where can I see the whole movie?
>>
>>17166961
Also I love ya brother, keep it up
>>
>>17166951
Yeah, all you need are some matches, a bush, a megaphone, and a place to hide within 12 meters...
>>
>>17167076
?..wut
>>
>>17167056
>>17167056
I have not finished it yet. You can subscribe to my channel and when I am done with it, I'll upload it.
>>
>>17167095
Wow you made that? Im impressed and a little in awe/frightened...It sucks because lately I almost feel like everything I read or experience is some kind of disinformation campaign or something. I have a good feeling about you because I have almost identical views, it's just hard to know sometimes. I guess that's where faith comes in though
>>
File: dragcc.jpg (726 KB, 1600x1021) Image search: [Google]
dragcc.jpg
726 KB, 1600x1021
>>17167140
I made this one before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h8Al2fLgtU

This latest one I am working on will be 10x better. Thanks man, this is the truth. The Bible is the only way, and most people scoff at it.

>Captcha: CHURCH WAY
>>
>>17167153
Alright cool, I'm checking it out now, my browser closed on its own last time I tried to watch it lol imagine that
>>
>>17167185
God bless you brother. I hope you know how to get saved, here's a video that explains salvation very clearly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY

I recommend you watch this, because there's a lot of false doctrine out there that says you must repent of your sins, or you must have works to show you're saved etc. All of these heresies will send someone to hell. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, is the only requirement. Amen.
>>
>>17167205
Im that guy from earlier posted those pictures for earlier and yes I have been saved, but thank you. Keep posting stuff like that though in case others haven't
>>
>>17162754
This is where I am at an odds to decide. I can't decide between believing in the gnostic God being real or the Christian God being real. Is there any way that can help me decide ? I'll need some proof. Btw I'm this guy >>17161780

I've prayed to God and he has answered several of my prayers. But being agnostic I have no idea on which religion or belief system to worship him through. I've stopped a sleep paralysis once by asking God's help and another one once by calling for Jesus. However the gnostic explanation makes so much logical sense. Is there a good way for me to decide which religion to worship God through? I want to pray to the real God. Currently when I pray I simply say "I pray to the true God" and also occasionally ask for my ancestors to help (Chinese guy here, also clueless as heck on ancestor worship). Then there's that great supreme being without form who cannot be contacted by normal people that Chinese people have worshipped since 5000 years ago (this is who is worshipped in the temple of heaven: Shangdi).

tl;dr: which belief system's definition and explanation of God is the most accurate and can you give me some proof? Agnostic here wants to worship and know God better after having experienced the power of prayer.
>>
>>17167221
So calling out to Jesus has helped you more than once. Praying to God has helped you. But you want to be a gnostic? What in the world...
>>
>>17154156
1: Not really, no.
2: If a god exists, I suppose I'd lean towards a more pantheistic approach. That is to say, manifested in creation, rather than something that can be interacted with on a personal level.
>>
>>17167221
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paY4JKNIZ2U
Watch that.
>>
>>17154156
Why would anyone believe in something without having proof of it?
>>
>>17167268
Hey I'm only part way through that>>17167153
video but of course it's great...but I have a question that bothers be, when shit hits the fan so to speak, do you believe in being submissive and peaceful? Or is it time to...you know..truly defend ourselves, I know if God is on our side therw is nothing to fear, but in that split second where you aren't sure what do you believe? Maybe this isn't the time or place to talk about this though, it's just a thought that bothers me
>>
>>17167324
Depends what I feel in the moment i suppose, but God does not forbid killing others that are trying to kill you or your family. My instinct as a human is to kill anyone who attacks my family or myself. But again, I can't know for sure, I believe the holy spirit will guide us in those days. It wont be anything to worry about, either you're protected by God or you will die (because God decides it's time to take you home). I myself, hope that I will be beheaded for the cause of Christ. God bless you.
>>
>>17167324
Exactly my thoughts brother.....God bless
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.