[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /x/ So I was drinking alone last night and I passed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: shadow-figure2.jpg (81 KB, 300x416) Image search: [Google]
shadow-figure2.jpg
81 KB, 300x416
Alright /x/

So I was drinking alone last night and I passed out on my couch. Woke up around 2:45 in the morning and went to bed. Normally I sleep very well after I make it to my bed, however last night was different. Generally I don't dream and I haven't had a nightmare in over a decade. I had multiple nightmares last night that left me deeply disturbed. It all culminated when I woke up, on my side, paralyzed and soaked in sweat. My eyes were open, my mind was awake but my body was not. I know that it was not a dream. There is a hazy element to a dream, that when you wake up and are clear minded, let's you identify it as a dream. Next to my bed was a dark figure, pitch black. It had a head and what I think we're very broad shoulders, it stood maybe just under 6'. I felt true evil inside me as it stood, unmoving. Without even thinking I found myself praying every prayer of my deserted childhood faith. It couldn't have been more than a few minutes before I managed to close my eyes and passed out from exhaustion. Even now typing this, I feel a dread inside me as if talking about this only draws attention to it and will bring it back. I'm terrified /x/. I'm almost certain it was a demon. A long time ago I used to study demonology, but I got rid of everything I had years ago. Any thoughts?

Pic unrelated.
>>
Sleep paralysis
>>
>>17151193
Sleep
Paralysis.

If that was daemon ,dude you wouldnt be able to type right now.
>>
You experienced sleep paralysis. This, along hallucinations is something that everyone experiences before falling asleep. Mostly people are unconscious at this point but looks like you somehow kept your consciousness to that point. When you reach it your body is gonna feel like paralyzed, and you may also get a feeling of being unable to breathe, however this is all in your head and you shouldn't worry about this too much. If this happens to you again, you can easily get yourself out of it by relaxing and trying to move starting with your fingers.
>>
>>17151224
But I fell asleep. Something clicked in my head to only wake up my consciousness. So part of it probably was sleep paralysis, but it wasn't a hallucination. It was as crisp and vivid as life itself. I felt myself come out of the nightmares. Those scared me. When I woke up to the dark figure, it wasn't fear I felt. It was evil. I don't know how to describe it other than pure unbiased evil.
>>
Definitely sleep paralysis. But I think there's more to this than just your brain paralyzing your body. I found myself in your situation but it wasn't a dark figure, it was a girl. Not a chubby girl but not skinny either. I soon realized it was a chubby version of my gf standing there in nurses scrubs. Now fast forward about five or 6 years and my gf has put on some weight and is also going to nursing school. I now realize I saw what my gf would look like five years later. Very weird
>>
>>17151249
No, im pretty sure it was hallucination. Chances of this being anything supernatural are extremely low. I had similar situation one when I "woke up" and saw shadowy figure standing next to me. It then turned back and left trough my doors. I was pretty sure I heard doorslam as it closed it but this would most likely wake my dogs up and cause them to run towards my door which didn't happen. It meant, no matter how realistic, it was just a hallucination.
>>
>>660409916
>>17151193
When you woke up again it was probably false awakening.
>>
Clarity of mind is one of the defining factors of sleep paralysis dipshit. The fact that it didn't feel like you were asleep is what cinches it.

It sucks but it's not paranormal. Get your sleep schedule normalized.
>>
It was 100% sleep paralysis my friend. I have had it too. Mine involved black mist and a very loud yelling in my ear.
>>
Could of pushed it to lucid dreaming, oh so close
>>
I often see shadow figures before bed but I might be schizo. My bf on the other hand frequently has night terrors and sleep paralysis. The other night he woke me up by talking to something in his closet. In the morning he didn't remember talking to it but he remembers it was a large shadowy figure. However frightening and unusual this may be you aren't alone. My bf smokes weed so as to try and make himself sleep better. Maybe you could try that. It might prevent the more lucid/hallucinatory stuff that's happening.
>>
>>17151193
You're drinking too much. Alcohol can induce sleep paralysis and hallucinations, especially if you're going through withdrawals.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.