[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Midwest Spoopy Happenings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 21
File: Midwest.gif (6 KB, 400x318) Image search: [Google]
Midwest.gif
6 KB, 400x318
Anywhere in the Midwest that anons know about/heard of/have been to? Looking to get together a massive road trip to as many as possible
>>
>>17149903
any southern Illinois anons?
>>
>>17150012
OP here, southwest illinois
>>
>>17149903
Ladue High School track in St. Louis has demonic shapeshifter activity at nights.
>>
>>17150144
added to the list
hopefully there arent cameras and sirens that go tripping balls when i get out there
>>
>>17150176
Sometimes there's a cop in the parking lot, but he'll let you go by, just say you're from the area. You want to go in when you hear people doing donuts in the parking lot. Follow your instincts, go to the creek behind the bleachers, you might see stuff. I've heard screeching that couldnt have been birds.
>>
>>17150190
a peep show nigga, oh shit.
>>
File: 1280px-Black_angel_iowa_city2.jpg (230 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Black_angel_iowa_city2.jpg
230 KB, 1280x960
I'm from the Midwest and the only thing I know of is something from my hometown: The Black Angel.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/16409
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_Cemetery_%28Iowa_City,_Iowa%29#Black_Angel

Not much of a spoop but worth visiting if you're on I-80 and pass through Iowa City. Just a big statue of an angel in a cemetery that turned black for some reason. There's tons of stories about it.
>>
>>17150190
are you >>17150012 ?
when all this shit is set up, we can all take a trip around to these places, especially since it sounds like you live pretty close to me
>>
>>17150226
adding to list

so im assuming youre no longer in the midwest then? the more people we get on this roadtrip the better, or at least to guide us around to their spoop locations
>>
>>17149903
IL bumping.

I've visited Manteno Psychiatric Hospital, but on my 3rd trip the last remaining ward/lodge was torn down.

Looking for somewhere new to call home.
>>
>>17150246
we can probably fit it in to pay respects

also, this reminded me, we can also do urban exploring if you guys have places for that stuff
>>
>>17149903
That whole area in OPs picture is Dogman central. If you want to see some shit, go looking for them. well don't do it if you can't handle coming to grips these things are really out there.
>>
>>17150293
Never been, but the cemetery is still there; it would be fitting.
>>
Eloise Psych Hospital near Detroit.

The Paulding Light in The U.P.

Melonheads supposedly around Hancock, MI.

The Dog Man near Traverse City.

Freaky abandoned mining towns and forgotten Finnish graveyards all over the U.P.

B-17 crash in the Porcupines.

Rumors of uncontacted Indians/Indian ghosts in the Keweenaw.
>>
>>17150231
no i'm not
>>
SW Michigan / NW Indiana checking in. If you guys know of anything in the area I'd like to hear about it. Seems like a pretty quiet area to me.
>>
>>17150012
Springfield here
>>
>>17150012
I'm from Southern Illinois. Close to Mount Vernon.
>>
File: maribellcaveshotel131.jpg (145 KB, 930x510) Image search: [Google]
maribellcaveshotel131.jpg
145 KB, 930x510
Maribel Caves Hotel in Maribel Wisconsin. My step mom claims to have seen and been pushed around by spirits here. Also locals say freaky shit happens there all the time. Never have been inside at night but i have driven past it multiple times throughout my life.
>>
>>17150433
>Freaky abandoned mining towns and forgotten Finnish graveyards all over the U.P.

U.P.? I'm very interested. Your whole post.
>>
>>17149903
I would imagine traveling the inner city streets of Detroit would scare the shit out of you OP
>>
Not spoopy per se but the Serpent Mound in Peebles, OH is a very spiritual place. I've seen a few spirits there as well as engaged in group meditation that changed the weather. The area is scientifically renown for having uncommon levels of magnetism and other attributes claimed to be from an asteroid/meteor/comet impact (whatever it's called when it actually hits).
>>
Bachelors Grove Cemetery, IL is a sweet spot. It features a pond where Al Capone dumped bodies and a farmer drowned.
>>
>>17151520
Live in an old mining town in the UP. I can confirm about the old abandoned mining towns. Not too sure about the graveyards tough.
>>
Minnesota Asian-gal here. Wish to join, but can't. :(

>*cough cough* my stereotypical strict Asian parents...
>>
Southern Indiana here. There's not much real shit here. Unless you go deep in Hoosier National, I'd imagine.
>>
Indian Burial Mounds, Grand Rapids/Grandville MI

(616 Kent County West MI)

I'll meet you there
>>
>>17150111
>>17150231
>>17151447
>>17151471

Carbondale here, sounds like you guys aint that far away from me
>>
>>17150226
Omahafag here. I've been to the Angel a few times........never pissed on it though.
>>
File: 1412442914640.jpg (404 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1412442914640.jpg
404 KB, 2048x1536
>>17151798
Same.
>>
>>17151761
>Serpent Mound in Peebles, OH
union township just south of evansville has a lot of local legend and weirdness to it. commonly known as dogtown. everything from time dilation to shadow figures to an almost nature-elemental like presence... it's all out there. just gotta go looking.
>>
>>17151818
not sure how it got the comment about serpent mound in there, that was a response to the comment earlier about southern indiana.:B
>>
>>17151828
Isn't it down by the river?
>>
Ya ive been there. Shitty road trip but thats cause the people i went with. Beautiful place to visit. lots off corn fields along highway as well ass mountains up north.

youll like it the more people you bring and the more music your jammin too. just dont run into any kkk meetings like i did.
(im black)
>>
Southern Indiana here, and the closest spoop I can think of is Purplehead Bridge in Vincennes or the haunted library in Evansville
>>
>>17152016
on second thought there's the shit that goes on up at Lucky Point near Monroe.
>>
I'll be making a road trip from the west coast to Iowa soon. Fairfield IA has Maharishi university, which is a consciousness based education college which has two giant golden domes in which people meditate for 4+ hours a day. It also has some dope graveyards.
>>
>>17151798
>Someone on the internet not only knows where Carbondale is but lives there

Damn son. I just graduated from SIU a couple semesters back, living near Marion now. Are there any spooky places around here in particular?
>>
>>17152817
http://www.hauntedplaces.org/marion-il/

hell yeah there is, although the only place I ever went to that was haunted around here is Devil's Backbone. Heard there was some Satan worshiper spooks around that area. Me and a buddy trek'd all over the place, never really found anything of interest though.

And I used to live in marion, I went in the Navy for a few years so i can come back and pursue a degree, god knows I wasn't smart enough for a scholarship
>>
>>17151471
Also from close to Mount Vernon reporting in.
>>
>>17151531
Currently live in North detroit. Spook centeral.
>>
>>17152817
I'm from Marion too. There are lots of spooky places, pretty much everywhere. The entire area is littered with abandoned farmsteads which typically had their own family cemeteries. I've got a really spooky family cemetery in the woods behind my house.

Isn't there an abandoned asylum in Jackson county somewhere? Some kids I knew in high school always talked about hanging around some creepy abandoned asylum.
>>
>>17149903
Edge of Northeast Lincoln NE friends and I found an abandoned home. Very eerie. Little hard to find especially at night. No other buildings or homes near it and its not really on a road. Also has a barn with a lot of weird shit in it. Wish there was an address.
>>
>>17152966
Yeah, there was one on the outskirts of Carbondale. It was pretty spooky, there's pictures people who have gone there have taken. They razed in a couple years ago, though, unfortunately.
>>
>>17152817
Any of the southern most counties are pretty much Deliverance country. Those tiny villages full of old black folks always gave me weird vibes.
>>
>>17152876
Interesting, I haven't heard of a lot of these places!

I actually used to work at Shryock Auditorium, but never had any creepy experiences or saw Henry. It's a spooky as hell place though, especially after hours.

I also used to work in one of the off-campus archaeology labs, and I washed a ton of artifacts from the Crenshaw house. Lots of glass, broken plates, nails, buttons. Washed a lot of Kincaid mound stuff too, which was fun because sometimes teeth and bones would crop up amongst all the waddle and daub.

It would not at all surprise me to learn about weird occult shit going down in the woods around here, with all the reserve territory.

Man, I can't believe all the Southern Illinois anons. Usually I can't find anyone from this shit-ass state
>>
>>17152966
>>17152985
There's an asylum in Anna, isn't there? I remember a friend who does ghost hunting as a hobby talking about going somewhere up in that area.
>>
>>17153010
There is an asylum in Anna, but it's in use and occupied, and all the scarier for it. My aunt worked there for years before she died. She had all sorts of weird and creepy stories about the patients. It's not particularly well secured either, so people wander out from time to time. Typically not dangerous, but definitely crazy.
>>
OP here, I shoulda named this shit "Illinois Spoopy Happenings" since the majority of us are ILfags
>>
>>17153007
The scariest thing about SIU was the students from South Side Chicago. Worst bunch of niggers I've ever experienced.
>>
>>17153028
kek I had no idea so many anons lived around me. Kinda makes me happy I'm not alone in this broke-ass state
>>
>>17153042
No fucking shitting
Im thinking one day we all meet up
Things could go disguistingly wrong... or disguistingly right
>>
southern Wisconsin here
Church Road cemetary, Portage, Wi has forgotten graves of dead children, weird sounds from surrounding woods, and two close friends of mine were supposedly chased by a demon there
>>
>>17153003
I'm originally from Pope Co. (Golconda, about 30 min away from harrisburg) and that whole town was hillbilly trash. My parents moved us up to Marion my 6th grade year because she wanted more for us than that.

Normally days I'm not at school or at work I go do some urban exploration. you wouldn't believe all the old farmhouses and homesteads families just leave behind.
>>
>>17153054
Shit i'd be down for it. I'm usually busy working or some shit but sometime down the road if someone makes another thread and summons all the IL anons I'd definitely go, sounds like a lot of fun.
>>
>>17153038
God damn tell me about it. I lived in both Mae Smith and Neely and the police were there almost every night. SIU has pathetically low acceptance criteria so all the runoff dropouts from the north come down here to party and drop out after they coast a semester or two on grants. I actually moved out towards Marion while I was still in school because it was safer and cheaper for me to drive there every day than to stay in Carbondale proper. Was nice not fearing for my life and wallet every time the sun set. I'm horribly off-topic now though, oops.
>>
>>17153076
I feel kinda bad of leaving our IA, WI, and IN anons out of the group, but hey
Us poor shits gotta stick together, what with us not being able to pay the lottery winners and all
>>
>>17153065
Yeah, I used to roll joints and just cruise around the back roads all around Pope, Johnson, Alexander, Union, Pulaski, and Massac counties. I always got the feeling that all anybody did down there was smoke meth and pop pills. They always just seemed a lot higher than I was.

The nature is beautiful though. Fucking love it.
>>
>>17151802
oh word, im from sioux city. we have first brides grave that if anything is more sketchy than spooky, but could be a decent spot to visit in the spring
>>
File: 1451538285530.jpg (13 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
1451538285530.jpg
13 KB, 375x360
>>17153083
jesus if i remember one thing about Marion i'd be the "lovely" people. I couldn't walk to school without someone walkin' up to me

"ayy yo nigga you got a light, you see i gots kids and all and they always be takin' muh light mayne, you get me?"

I was so fucking happy when I got my car and didn't have to walk to school
>>
>>17153099
that shit was fucked
maybe if we cared enough about the damn budget as we do about the FUCKING POWERBALL bullshit then maybe that'd be a step in the right direction.
>>
In my home down in central Wisconsin there was a story about a weird grave in one of the cemeteries. It was a long tomb if I recall and on the memorial was a basin with a hand holding a knife inside of it. People claim when it rained the water in the basin would turn red or something because the man buried there was a murderer. Mostly likely fake but, eh.
I grew up in a creepy house and I've posted some stories on /x/ before about it. Former owner's husband died carrying a freezer into the basement. Daughter killed herself in the garage too.
>>
>>17153100
even though I don't live in pope anymore I still read the paper from time to time, drug busts are a normal thing there, usually meth. But yeah, I do love the scenery, we lived in a log cabin waaaay back in the Shawnee, I'd always go skip rocks and play in the creek out there, sometimes I'd be gone all damn day. Don't know if i'd do it alone anymore though, /x/ made me to damn paranoid
>>
>>17153122
Top kek
"Economy? Too complicated, Ill leave that to the cucks"
>economy and budget get rammed a new one
>muh lotto
>>
>>17150971
Hey bro, where at? St. Joseph here.
>>
>>17153130
Interesting nonetheless
Since Im an IL anon, ima try and work in the Illinois ones first, then the out of state spoops
But yeah, interesting story mang
>>
>>17153100
The nature is like the single redeeming quality about this part of the state. I hate living here but I have to say, I'd rather be down here than up north when society collapses, because all you have to do is just take your gun and dog (you DO have a gun a dog, right?) and set up in one of those old farmhouses and take care of yourself.

>>17153113
Yeah Marion's not much better than Carbondale, though you're much more likely to get your shit broken into in Carbondale. They're both kind of just savage heathen populations strung together by the barest supporting threads of civilization (the college for Carbondale, industry for Marion).

Should we get like a SoIll /x/phile skype group going or something? I'm loathe to use skype if there's a better option available, but it is neat to learn how many of us poor fucks browse 4chan, let alone /x/.
>>
>>17153160
OP here, we could make a kik group, but i think thats just asking for dick pics
>>
>>17153165
What's the downside?
>>
>>17153138
I always take a gun with me. I take walks in the woods near my house with my AR sometimes, and nobody cares. People go out and shoot all over the place, whether they own the land or not. I've walked up on people shooting into creek berms and joined them.

Still haven't bagged myself a skinwalker though, but i'm always on the look out.
>>
>>17153168
None that are foreseeable
>>
>>17153160
I've got lots of guns, and a great pyrenees, and the words I'm going to go inna, are right in my backyard. I browse /x/ a lot, but /k/ is my home board. /k/ has great creepy stories, and skinwalker threads.
>>
File: 1451536114222.png (10 KB, 405x344) Image search: [Google]
1451536114222.png
10 KB, 405x344
Hey IL anons, any of you ever head up near the middle of the state? im not talking Springfield, but that sea of corn that stretches for miles and miles on end. I remember when I was heading up to Lake Shelbyville for a camping trip and my car got a flat tire

>be me
>flat tire
>litterally one fucking road for dozens of miles
>no cars, no streetlights, nothing, except the damn corn standing on either side of the road
>I was in the middle of changing it, having a bit of trouble because my only light source being my shitty phone
>Hear a sound behind me
>grab the tire iron and turn the fuck around in like .001 secs
>no one to be seen
>I shine my light on the corn row, hoping to see whatever made the noise
>didn't see anything, but I distictly heard a voice behind me agian, this time on the other side of the car, opposite of what I was currently facing
>"Hey, you need some help kid?"
>tatically shit pants and jump in the drivers seat
>fucking floor it all the way to the campsite with a flat tire, leaving behind my phone, tire iron, and carjack
>mfw it was probably just a nice old farmer looking to help someone out
>mfw I couldn't explain what happend at the campsite or I'd look like a total pussy
>mfw
>>
>>17151777
The Hopwell ones that are on mound street are legit, the other ones are just recreations. My sister and I went to the ones on Mound Street. The area is pretty spooky because when the Grand floods it leaves all sorts of shit there. There were fish bones everywhere
>>
>>17153199
Near the middle of the state? im not talking Springfield, but the sea of corn that stretches for miles

This is MY corn field
Im about an hour or so west of springfield
>>
>>17153160
someone could make a discord for it
>>
>>17153227
no shit? its a small world after all

what are the chances all these IL fags browse 4chan, let alone /x/?
>>
>>17152059
Why you headed to IA anon?
>>
>>17153239
Illinois is a nexus for spookiness, and absolutely nothing to do. That's why we all spend our time shitposting about spooky stuff.
>>
>>17153165
I'll fuck around with Kik and see about making a group. Don't know if anything will even come of it, but might b fun to swap spooks and bitch about the state budget
>>
>>17153248
I hear that, the only thing I did with my free time while hanging out with friends was just drive deep in the back roads of the southern tip, deliverance country back there.

we went through so much gas money, fun times. but also boring ones.
>>
>>17152059
i looked up that college man holy shit

no idea such things existed in my state. im right on the ia/ne border if youre coming through that way, maybe we can meet up or something?
>>
The spoopiest aspect is that Wisconsin has annexed the U.P., per the pic.
>>
>>17153251
Thanks anon
I tried to make one myself, but apparently im fucking kik illiterate
>>
>>17151761

I'm in southern Insiana too anon!

I take it you've never heard of the Devil's Backbone?
>>
If you anons do end up making a group I'll be sure to join, I'd be fun talkin' with someone who understands how boring this place can be.
>>
>tfw stuck in bland old nothern Minnesota
>>
>>17153261
OP\IlL anon here, please do tell story
>>
>>17150971
Valparaiso friend here.
There is some shit around Portage (I think, maybe Hobart) called Stagecoach Road. Also a cemetery in Hobart with some tunnels that go through it. My father and I went once as a kid but I don't remember much.
>>
>>17153260
Ok apparently I need at least one other person on my friend list to start a group, do any of you IL faggots already have Kik and want to give me your username so I can start this?

I guess we'll try Kik first and if it's a pain in the ass we can use something else.
>>
>>17153297
Stratenburgh, add me and lets get this shit rolling
>>
>>17150226
That's actually a sad story. I think it was made for the grave of some lady's daughter. Then myths and superstitions rose up around it because it was different than normal. Then teenagers and drunk college kids started putting graffiti on it, breaking it, pissing on it. Really shitty if you ask me.
>>
>>17152059
Is that the place where people try to fly by jumping around in a sitting position?
>>
>>17153297
my phones got 5% but yeah I'll join the IL /x/philes. The username is Dylpex
>>
File: Aux_Sable.jpg (57 KB, 576x522) Image search: [Google]
Aux_Sable.jpg
57 KB, 576x522
I'm originally from the southwest Chicago suburbs and would urbex often, but I moved to Duluth, MN and haven't found anything interesting there.

>aux sable cemetary
In Minooka, Illinois, the Aux Sable cemetary is renown for such spoopy things as cars stalling on the bridge at night, sightings of lights and spirits, and rumors of an extensive tunnel system accessible through a mausoleum which supposedly run to hell.

>Joliet Prison
Was used in the filming of prison break and the Blues Brothers. It's been abandoned for years and is a really creepy place to visit. If you know how to get in, you can access all of the cell blocks, guard towers, underground tunnels, and warehouses falling into decrepitness with rot and weathering.
>>
ALRIGHT LISTEN UP

Kik won't let me take a picture of the Kik code so I have to add people manually to the group, so if you'd like to join post your Kik username or make a new one and I'll add ya

Kik doesn't seem to have any privacy features so obviously use throwaway names and emails
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-31-02-38-55.png (333 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-31-02-38-55.png
333 KB, 1440x2560
Heres the kik code for you IL fags lookin for a good spoopin'
>>
There's this abandoned cemetery near me that's spoopy. The graves are broken and can barely read what they say. Flash lights go crazy when near the area. They're wanting to get rid of it and build something though. Any 815 IL on here?
>>
>>17151802
I'm an hour away in SW Iowa, but I'm up in Omaha pretty much every Friday.
>>
Noontime bump
>>
File: ifmag.jpg (1 MB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
ifmag.jpg
1 MB, 1936x1936
Ohiofag here. There's quiet a few abandoned places here, but they're pretty scattered. Even living here means a good 2hr+ trip to see a few dilapidated buildings. I have a whole map of cool abandoned places though.
>>
>>17149903
Michigan fag here.

Have you heard of Pere Cheney? You're basically guaranteed to have a spoopy ghost experience there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pere_Cheney,_Michigan
>>
>>17150347
Proof?
>>
>>17150433
Why the b-17 crash? All 10 men aboard the plane survived.
>>
Northern Minnesota here

We have a few abandoned buildings around here that are apparently haunted, one being the Nopeming Sanatorium that some ghost TV show investigated recently. We also have the occasional Bigfoot sighting.
>>
>>17150293
Speaking of spoopy and urban exploring there are two places where I live in Iowa I want to explore first is an old abandoned hospital about a mile south of me and second an abandoned high school (Apollo high school)that's also supposed to be haunted
>>
>>17150971
Kalamazoo here
looking to get spooped in the new year
>>
>>17155230
North mn here too, ghosts aren't real, i have explored a numebr of abandoned farmsteads and nothing has happened that cannot be expalin. Have you heard ofthe pale men of Baltrami?
>>
File: eerie-indiana-tv-98-01-g.jpg (236 KB, 1200x777) Image search: [Google]
eerie-indiana-tv-98-01-g.jpg
236 KB, 1200x777
Hoosier Here
Midwest is creepy as fuck all around. Every little rural town has its own legends.
>>
>>17153062
Got stuff in a Nekoosa, WI cemetary too. Sitting on a grave and being pushed off, going in the outhouse at night and hearing screams and voices, seeing shadows etc. Out by county road jj dont remember the exact road or name its on google maps probably.
>>
>>17153130
Where in central WI is the cemetery? Which one?
>>
Quad Cities Clown Lady.
>>
>>17153148
Benton harbor checking in
>>
>>17150226
I live in Iowa City and have lived in the area my whole life, as a 16-17 year old edgefedoralord a friend and I brought a ouija board to the statue and got no answers, intentionally fucking around and asking provocative questions and "leaving the board on"
However this was after several previous experiences with the in which my name was spelled out and the "entity" we in some cases and myself alone in one case spoke to called itself "Beelzebub"
Some changes have happened since, while passing street lights they go out, even in the coralville strip as we pass lights on the road they'll turn off and turn back on, also a change in my general disposition. Maybe just growing up, but figured I'd throw that in.
>>
File: 1448622796076.jpg (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1448622796076.jpg
64 KB, 600x600
>>17150144
>>
http://youtu.be/PfQ_4tJokbU
>>
>>17156797
Another comment that may be interesting
Driving around near Riverside / Washington / Ainsworth area you can find a ton of awkward farms Texas Chainsaw Massacre type shit. Many times I've come across piles of rotting dead animals while exploring the dirt and gravel roads with my quad. You'll find farmers walking with rifles eyeing you up if you slow down or stick out, nothing too crazy though.
The cornfields can be quite interesting in the summer nights, illuminated by the moonlight you can hear many "strange" things but as a young child I was around it often and explored a lot, alone and unarmed mind you. I never encountered anything I was looking for, which was usually anything paranormal or frightening. Only once, I had gotten a strange vibe on an old dirt road between two county lines, strange smell paired with an eerie pause in the buzz of the usual night life
>>
>>17151761
Are you kidding, I'm originally from Southern Indiana too. I found all sorts of spooky shit there. All you have to do is drive down a country road for a little while.
>>
>>17155251
What part of Iowa?
>>
>>17149903
Southeast Michigan femanon here. I've got a few stories if anyone would like to hear them.
>>
>>17157152
I'm in Burlington
>>
Vegan hot dish?
>>
>>17155151

I grew up in North Eastern Ohio, some spoopy places there. My brother went to Rogue's Hollow when he was in High School. I'll have to ask him about it although he probably went there just to get high or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Saw a few of these books on road trips throughout the years, would def recommend it. These whole series have locations, descriptions, spoopy photos, interviews, and sometimes the authors even investigated locations. I'll dump some shorter stories and pics if you guys want
>>
>>17157981
Any spoops in the old coat factory?
>>
File: Ed Gein.jpg (7 KB, 152x196) Image search: [Google]
Ed Gein.jpg
7 KB, 152x196
>>17149903
You could go to Plainfield Wisconsin and check out the site where Ed Gein's House used to be.
>>
Old Reid Hosptial, in Richmond, In.

I live less than a mile from it, and while I've never seen anything paranormal there, it is a fascinating place, as it was abandoned with almost everything left behind.

Here's a news article talking about it:
http://www.wthr.com/story/24707105/2014/02/12/old-hospital

Feel free to reply with your skype name, and if any of you are ever in the area, I'd be happy to take you on a tour.
>>
>>17149903
Ive seen both the beast of bray road and a sasquatch
>>
File: image.jpg (976 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
976 KB, 2048x1536
>>17158463

Also, I'm gonna dump some pictures I took myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>17158466
>>
There's a lot of cryptid activity in northern OH and all of MI. Lots of fresh water and swampy forest untouched among the farmland. Central/Southern OH I hear more stories of spiritual/demonic activity than of monsters. But I've never seen a ghost, just personally encountered some strange/big animals out in the swamp. I've smelled the metallic, rotten smell a lot of people mention in regards to goatmen/dogmen. It's really jarring for that to hit you in a sudden wave while you're mostly alone. Swamp gas? haha.
>>
>iowa so boring even ghosts don't come here
>>
bumping with chi town spooks

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_Mary
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor%27s_Grove_Cemetery
>>
>>17151703

Tried to go with friends a couple days before Halloween and got stopped by the police right before we got in and the cop was a dick too, I was really looking forward to it
>>
>>17149903
I've been in Wisconsin my whole life. Rhinelander had a lot going on with the hodag. It's not so much a scary place, the north woods are quite magical. I miss them.
We moved to the fox valley when I was five. The neighborhood we lived in had a Forrest that connected all the properties. I swear There was something in it
Then we moved north of Milwaukee. The oldest farmhouse in the damn county. We shared it with our aunt and my cousins. It was absolutely haunted. They burned it down and built a Costco.
We bought a home in a small village near Sheboygan. The community was too close, too strict. Too religious. There is some serious cult behavior. Also 5 drug related deaths in te last 2 months...
Moved to a port town and ran a shop for a few years. It used to be an old candy shop. 100 years later, it was a candy shop again. The spirits were so at home. I miss them.
What else, what else...
I'm over on the western half of the state now. I haven't been here long enough for spoops but who knows what about pepin, Dunn, eau claire county myth?
>>
>>17159079
They circle and pass out parking tickets in the nearby residential area regularly. I know 4-5 ways in and last time my friends and I still hiked through woods without a path just to avoid the police.

There was an accident nearby, but we still saw dozens of cops that night.
>>
>>17153026
Lived in Anna, in a trailer park near the hospital when I was a kid. One night had an inmate/patient turn up on our porch, trying to open the front door. Dad opened up the door with a golf club in his hands, dude took off, found out later he was from up the hill. Spooked me for a long time...
>>
Any St Joseph
>>
>>17155519
Doesn't sound familiar at all, you talking about Beltrami country in the northwest of MN?
>>
Michigianfag here on dice road in Saginaw there is a cemetery that is haunted. Everybody i talk to about it says it is spoopy and not to go. Makes me want to check it out more tbqh.
>>
>>17155190
Been there, nothing spoopy happened at all. It was cool though. I need to go back.
>>
>>17159411
Are many buildings standing or is it just the cemetery these days?
>>
>>17159354
I'm in Saint Joseph

Whereabouts in town? I'm near Frederick and Noyes, that area.
>>
File: 3096617264_951e38e399_o.jpg (1 MB, 3453x2301) Image search: [Google]
3096617264_951e38e399_o.jpg
1 MB, 3453x2301
anyone else from the Twin Cities? I think its a kind of spooky area, given its history.

Millions of years ago there was a shallow sea, and just thousands of years ago during the last ice age, a mile of ice covered the land.

The Twin Cities are located on the edge of the great plains and the great north, the last "major" metropolitan area of the east. The army built Fort Snelling at the joining of the Mississippi and the Minnesota river in the 1800s, the general area which was considered somewhat sacred by the natives. Burial sites of the natives were excavated and bodies were relocated elsewhere and there are myths that the natives once built massive mound-forts thousands of years ago, very close to where the twin cities stand today.

There are caves and islands around the area that held holy sites for the natives. During the alcohol prohibition era in the 1900's, people excavated caves and tunnels between them for smuggling. The spring torrents, summer winds, autumn colors and deadly winter weather feels so ancient. The great winds and empty horizons, lakes dotting everywhere, it feels more untouched than most of the modern world.

Ive seen and felt some very odd things here.

>>17155230
chances are it was just a bear or a moose. Me and some friends went hiking along the Temperance last year and ran into a dozen girls who were in hysteria about seeing a bigfoot. The girls described and imitated the noise they heard and my friend said they actually just saw some moose fucking through some trees.

although later on the trip, we had about three consecutive days of rain, on all nights of which we heard cracking of stones and echoing calls we heard faintly through the torrential downpour, pattering on the tarp of our tent. on the third and last night of rain, there were numerous human footprints in the mud around the camp's edge

I've heard rumors of wildmen that live in the North. that seems more believable than bigfoot, but im not saying bigfoot doesn't exist.
>>
Midwest Illinois here, Live in a super small town that's mostly only populated based on failures and out of date technologies. Made solely around Channel Locks from the I&M canal that became useless with the train engine. And then Populated largely after the Chicago Fire and some other smaller fires.

Supposedly there's a mega haunted cemetery in the town called Runyun Cemetery or something like that. It's like, 6 or 8 gravestones from the Runyun family who were important with the beginnings of the town or something. I went through Runyun park to try to find it, but couldn't on that day. It started raining and i didn't want to get stuck in it. I think foliage has grown around it so it's semi-hidden.
>>
Fuck, even when it is about the midwest nobody ever talks about my state.
It must be the least spooky and most boring state in the country.
>>
>>17159947
which state family?
>>
>>17153239
If you're not in Chicago, there's fuck all to do in illinois. So people just fucking wander around and find shit
>>
>>17160134
I've been to a handful in Chicago, but security's higher.

Unfortunately, Chicago/land has razed the majority of its sites in these past few years.
>>
Any one close to independence, MO?
>>
>>17160206
yeah, there where a couple good spook shacks in my town but they've been torn down theses last few years
>>
>>17152951
My fiancee grew up on 10.5 mile
>>
>>17153148
>>17153291
>>17156656
>>17155488
Sorry, forgot about this thread.

Grew up in Edwardsburg, currently live in Kalamazoo (WMUfag)
>>
>>17153291
>>17160450
Also I think I've heard of that road. Had some friends that have gone on it but I've never been
>>
>>17149903
About 20 miles south of Dubuque, IA there is a place called "Bellevue State Park" that's up on a cliff, has a bunch of indian burial grounds, so naturally there are a few rumors about the park at night. Another place in Dubuque, IA is the Mathias Ham House, an old victorian mansion that's supposedly haunted to holy shit and back. I've had a few personal experiences while working there including seeing the rumored bloody door and crap.
>>
Anywhere good in central wisconsin?
>>
>>17159427
No buildings whatsoever. You can see lines on the grass where they once stood, though. I went two years ago. I need to go back but have no one who cares about it in my life anymore haha. The cemetery is really neat. A lot of the stones are destroyed which is unfortunate. The place is interesting despite nothing creepy happening to me.
>>
bump to keep from 404
>>
>>17153065
I went to a ranch in Pope county to be an extra in a movie. All of the little back roads seem like they would be really creepy if you got lost at night.
>>
>>17149903
Central Illinois here. Allerton mansion has the woman in white. Decatur has some cemetery happenings.
>>
File: uuuuu.jpg (770 KB, 1134x800) Image search: [Google]
uuuuu.jpg
770 KB, 1134x800
hello, i am from Michigan (grand rapids/mount pleasant in specific.)

Please add me to the KIK group? my username is beach.gaze
i would really like to talk
>>
Anybody know some good spoops in north central Kansas?
>>
File: 1450277848146.jpg (98 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1450277848146.jpg
98 KB, 600x800
>>17160450
>>17155488
>>17156656
>>17153291
>>17153148
>>17162895
>>17159402
>>17159354

Well damn, there's a number of us. The ILbros have a group. We should probably make one too.

Should we use Kik, email, or something else?
>>
>>17151447
No shit! Jacksonville reporting in.
>>
File: 1449320389808.jpg (85 KB, 639x450) Image search: [Google]
1449320389808.jpg
85 KB, 639x450
Didn't know there were so many Iowa/Nebraska people in /x/ but then again I'm not surprised.

From Council Bluffs/Omaha here. Glad I escaped.
>>
North Central Iowa reporting in.

There's a couple places in Nora Springs that have legends of haunting and such surrounding them.

There's a bridge that a guy hung himself from and if you park your car under it at night spoopy things happen. Many have reported the car shaking, handprints on the windows, apparitions, etc. I've never tried it.

There's also a house known as the Gaylord Mansion which is apparently haunted as fuck. Checked it out once at night, but I was really young and kept my distance.
>>
>>17157256
Pls do
>>
Oh ya. A real spoopster, eh? Oh yah. You betcha.
>>
Elizaville, IN

Lol the man beast
>>
>>17151471
dude im from mount vernon
>>
>>17149903
theres a small town next to mount vernon called woodlawn. cemetary there caught some evps and had some hand prints left on people.
>>
>>17149903
was hopeing to talk to and possibly meet up with some /x/ers in the area too....
>>
Anyone around Oakland County MI? Let's find some creepy shit.
>>
>>17165149
Macomb county reporting in. Where's haunted around us? Besides Detroit.
>>
>>17165165
Not sure. Never really done this before aside from Pere Cheney up north. Isn't there some old asylum in Northville? Maybe it's torn down now. Not sure.
>>
>>17163030
I say email so kik doesn't blow my phone the fuck up
>>
>>17160450
Am poster of >>17155488
>WMU REPRESENT
>>
Maaaan it's creepy in the southern most part of Illinois especially deep in the country
>>
Bumping with Chicago pbs spoopy programming

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-dwQBtCKpdA
>>
>>17151761
>llama
>>
Former Michigander from GR, grew up in Saginaw. Went to Dice Road in Saginaw but nothing happened. I hear there's a gravity hill near Traverse City that's kinda creepy and unusual. I've also had a lot of really unusual and bad feelings when swimming in Lake Michigan.
>>
>>17149903
Just drive through Illinois for a while, you'll lose your fucking mind.
>>
>>17149903
Ed Gein and Jefferey Dahmer were around the southern Wisconsin area where i live, plus those two slendermen girls, anything creepy still around related to them anyone know about?(less so the slender thing obviously)
>>
MichAnon here... a fucking shitberg named Pittsford here has had some spooky shit happen in some cemeteries near it. I experienced the usual voices shit and while walking through it I've seen some spooky shit
>>
Hey Northwest Ohio fag here. I've been through Marion a lot throughout my life. I used to live in Mt. Gilead near there. I'm currently in Findlay. Anyone been here recently?
>>
Another Ohiofag here. Cuyahoga Falls checking in.
>>
File: we_aint_found_Shit.png (548 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
we_aint_found_Shit.png
548 KB, 1000x562
>>17167402
forgot pic
>>
>>17151471
Mt vernon here.
>>
File: IMAG0406.jpg (661 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0406.jpg
661 KB, 2560x1440
Cuba rd out in Illinois is usually a creepy as spot. have had some major shit go down. willing to post some stories if at all interested. it's north easter illinois, bout 45 minutes north of Chicago
>>
Any Missourifags here? Nothing interesting here near Kansas City
>>
>>17169048
Saint Joseph still reporting in.
>>
>>17153304
It is shitty and I can confirm people piss on it. It's rumored if you do it will kill you within a week or something stupid. It's pretty disrepectful.
>>
>>17163141
I escaped to FL for 10 years and came back to Omaha.....it still blows lol!!!
>>
Haunchys in Muskego Wi. Apparently they were/are group of little people who lived in an isolated area near Big Muskego Lake... not really spoopy..more creepy
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.