[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I could talk to God, I would ask him one simple question.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Background.jpg (378 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Background.jpg
378 KB, 1920x1080
If I could talk to God, I would ask him one simple question. Yes, the stereotypical question that every person has once thought. The question that you're probably thinking right now, having only just read the first two sentences. I would ask God, "What is the meaning of life?"
Now, let's first consider that question. It seems so simple, but it seems like the entire human race has forgotten their drive to answer this question. The question that has eluded every single being since the beginning of time. From ancient Sumeria to the Gods of Greece. From the Abrahamic religions to Scientology. We have all, at one point or another, asked ourselves this question.
Can it be answered? ... Do we even want it to be?
If you knew the purpose of your life, it could tarnish it. It could ruin it. But that's not a big concern of mine, personally. I want to know. I need to know. So I asked.
I don't know what your stance on psychedelic drugs are, but I ask that you respect mine.
I use these drugs, these gateways, to explore. Both introspectively and externally.

>Continued.
>>
What if there truly is no meaning and we are just a random coincidence as a result of? What if we're to create our own meaning? What if it's just that we're to be?
>>
I procured the DMT, or dimethyltryptamine. For those who are unfamiliar with psychedelic substances. DMT is a naturally produced chemical that is present in all living things. I cannot stress enough when I say /all/ living things. It is the chemical that is released into the brain upon your death. The chemical that causes those who have died and been resurrected (via some medical intervention, obviously not long after initial death,) to say "I left my body, my soul escaped" or, my personal favorite, "I went to heaven. I met God."
I don't know if you are a believer in any religion, and I feel that now is a good time to say that I am not. I'm agnostic. Open to everything. But that's just my stance.

I meditated for an hour before this journey, and it payed off. I highly suggest doing so for anyone looking for a similar experience.
I took a little scoop of the DMT onto a small, stainless steel spoon. I fired up my torch, immersing the small, metal piece at the end of my water pipe in the quietly roaring blue flame. As I held the flame there, I watched as the piece started to glow with heat. I held it a few seconds longer, letting the entire piece start to turn into the calming, soft glow of super-heated metal. I pressed my lips to the top of the water pipe, closed my eyes, and slid the small spoon across the searing metal.
>>
>>17148527
I would ask God why I am aware of the fact that I am aware.. and why I am aware of thinking that I'm going to die.
>>
>>17148555
Because sentience comes with trips like those.
>>
The smoke was acrid. Bitter. It tasted like cotton balls, as all DMT smoke does. Having had plenty of experience with the substance, it no longer bothered me. I inhaled deeply but slowly, until my lungs felt completely at-capacity, and then I gave one final sharp inhale that cleared all of the warm, bitter smoke from the pipe. At this point, I opened my eyes, laid back on my couch, and looked up. My ceiling is white, with that splatter-texture (whatever that's called.) The ceiling then started to morph. Waving. It looked like an ocean of snow, calmly moving in the wind. After thirty seconds, the ceiling was dripping down. I watched as the small, white droplets fell toward me. They disappeared only inches from my face. My mouth opened wide as I took a deep breath. I could feel it coming.
The ocean of snow then became completely still. Like staring into a completely white abyss. The most perfect, beautiful white. Then, it started to separate right above me. Like two large sliding doors being pushed to either side. And behind it, I saw the universe. I saw stars. Beautiful, radiant stars. And galaxies, planets, colors that do not exist on our spectrum. The next thing I knew, I was floating upward. Like someone had hooked the center of my chest and started to pull me up, right through the doorway, right into open space. I was scared, terrified even, but I know better than to fight the trip. So I went with it.
>>
As soon as my body passed through the shining white doorway, I found myself standing in the middle of open space. Not floating, mind you, but standing. Like there was a completely transparent floor conveniently placed at my feet. Naturally, I looked around in all directions. Nothing but open space, and all of those beautiful colors and stars. I took a step, and my foot was met with more of the hard surface. But as my foot touched it, it pulsed with a white light. Dim, but enough to be visible with the backdrop of stars.
I walked for maybe 30 steps, looking down the whole time. I was walking above the universe. I was looking down upon it all. That's when I heard the voice.
"Hello, Anon."
I was somewhat startled, but at this point it would take a lot to scare me. I glanced up, and what I saw I cannot place into words; but I'll try. Imagine the most beautiful human being you've ever seen, either male or female. This being changed right before my eyes. Constantly. Right as my brain made sense of one form, it shifted to another. All beautiful people. Men and women of all different races and ages. Although, between any two transformations, I got a glimpse of something astounding. A being of pure light. Pure, white light. No facial features, no clothes, no genitalia. Just light.
"Uhm, h... hello."
My words caught in my throat. I don't know why. I wasn't nervous. I was just.. in awe.. I knew deep down that I was speaking to God.
"You, my precious creation, have traveled far. You have experienced much in your short life."
I didn't know what to say, so I asked the most obvious question.
"Am I dead?"
The humans that flashed through the being all had a soft smile upon hearing this question.
"No. You are very much alive. More alive than you have ever been."
That was.. comforting. I knew that this.. being.. wasn't lying to me.
"Why am I here?" I asked.
>>
>>17148550
There is ZERO evidence that DMT is released in the brain when someone dies.

It is merely a theory as to why we hallucinate when we are about to die.

Why does everyone believe pretty astral pictures with captions on them?
>>
"You have traveled far."
That didn't answer my question, and the being seemed to sense my confusion.
"You will be rewarded, my child. With an answer."
"An answer?" I asked.
"You may ask any question, and I shall answer it honestly and completely."
I paused. The only question that came to mind was that generic, old question. The one that we all wonder.
I opened my mouth to speak, but the being cut me off.
"Be ware what you ask, traveler, for you may not truly want the answer."
I didn't know what to think of that. Why wouldn't I? If I ask, obviously I want the answer. So I pressed on, and I continued with my original inquiry.
"What is the.. the meaning of life?"
The human faces smiled again.. but in a different way. A sad smile. The smile you give to a child who truly believes in something that you know is not and never will be true.
"I created this universe. I created the atoms, the molecules, the cells. I created your planet. I created your species. I created you."
The being paused, presumably to let that sink in.
>>
>>17148527
You don't know precisely because you're far from God.
>>
"Your world, your reality, was created as punishment," the being spoke the words slowly. The faces showed no emotion.
I felt my chest tighten.
"Punishment? I.. I don't understand."

"Your species did not originally inhabit the place you now refer to as 'earth.'"
I didn't know what was going on. What does that even mean?
"Your concept of 'Hell' is the closest interpretation that I can provide you. You are my child. You are a god. But you have lost your way. You have been damned to that world in hopes that you will one day find your way home. You live, and you die, and then you are reborn. You are damned to live life after life in your reality."

"But that doesn't tell me the meaning of life, the purpose. If it truly is Hell, then what have we done?"

"Look at your world, my child. You were put on that planet as punishment, but not forever. It was my intention that you would live a life that would earn your place as a god."

"But.." I paused, "if that's true, then why are you alone?"

"Because you have failed. You have become monsters. I was once present in your reality. An observer, a guardian. But I have watched you destroy yourselves for nearly 10,000 years. You fight, you kill, you rape and pillage. The only thing that was ever required of you was to live a life of love, peace, and kindness. Your objective was to help your fellow human."

"But that's impossible." This couldn't be true. No one can live a perfect life.

"Your concepts are all created in your own minds. Man created good and evil. Every century, men become further and further from benevolence. Your original question was the 'meaning' of life. And I have told you what the initial purpose of your world was... but that has changed."

"Okay... so what IS the meaning of life?"

"The meaning of your life, and every life that shall come after, is to suffer. Your world will never know peace. Your world will never know complete serenity. You-"

"What are you saying?" I interrupted.
>>
>>17148550
My friend there is nothing spiritual "paranormal" about drugs.. what happens with DMT is a process already explained by neurobiology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDYctenkgJo

Watch the video.

Honestly I don't even know. There is one God, one intelligence and there might be an afterlife just considering the archetypes in our societies and recurrent symbols of the religious stories. They were not culturally carried across but rather were carried deep down from subconsciousness mind - so the spiritual life might be linked tightly to consciousness... we survive after biological death inside the field of it. but this is just an assumption based on research on the field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNT6CTW0G78

It just seems for me that we are bio-machines, ultra mega fucking complex bio-machines that have no data about anything except the survival instincts.
We do not know for certain that we will survive, we feel mortal and machine-like but we're also aware of biological death imperative... basically we think that we die and we understand it.
It is beneficial but not spiritual of course, stop deluding yourself. Drugs give you mixed emotions and ideas but nothing you experience on drugs is real, it's just delusions - illusions. Enjoy them, stick with them for a while but drop them fast because they're toxic.
>>
"I have given up on you."

It felt like my chest imploded. Like all of my worst emotions were brought to the surface. Sadness, loneliness, pain.

"But.. you're God? People spend their entire lives praying to you. Trying to be good by you..."

"And they fail. Your churches are for profit. Your believers are corrupted. There is no hope for you, and thus I have moved on."

"If you've moved on, then why are you talking to me?"

"Because you are the one who will spread this message. You will tell your world what I have told you."

"I can't do that. People need hope. People need something to believe in."

"They stopped believing in their true God long ago. Their beliefs now lie in the power of wealth and false deities."

I tried to speak, but I couldn't. I didn't know what to say. I stared at the being for a few seconds, my feelings all over the place. Anger, contempt, loathing, frustration. I wanted to scream at God. I wanted to tell the being that it was wrong, that there was hope, that we were improving...
But I knew that was a lie.

"I... I'm sorry." I said softly. I truly was apologetic. This being had given us every chance, and we had thrown all of them back in it's face.

The faces gave me that soft, gentle smile once more.

The human forms stopped flashing, and the being of pure light stood before me and said in a soft, caring tone, "So am I."

And then I was up back on my couch, staring at the ceiling.
>>
File: 1439680773913.gif (358 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1439680773913.gif
358 KB, 300x169
Not bad, OP. Not bad.
>>
>assuming there is a meaning in life
>assuming the human race is the greatest in the universe
>assuming assuming there is a monotheistic God
>assuming Capitalism is bad per se
>>
>>
>>17148643
entertaining even if fake desu
>>
Holy shit op you're nuts. Drugs are bad for yoy
>>
Pics or it didn't happen
>>
I believe the meaning of the universe is evolution. Started from the bottom now wer'e here kind of thing.

everything is just the universe experiencing, exploring and learning about itself through us and all other living beings. Life is the ultimate sandbox.
From an individual point of view life might seem pointless to us, but on the collective scale we are contributing to the evolution of our species.

Think about how unimaginable the reality we live now would have been for those who lived 1000 years back in time, and think about how the world will be in another 1000 if it's still around, probably unimaginable.
In the end, there is no set goal for the universe to achieve, so that it can then retire. There is only change and that is what gives life meaning by itself.
>>
>>17148527
If you could talk to god likeliness is that you already would asked have the questions have you now. Duh Yo
>>
>>17148527
Why all the suffering?

Why do you allow hundreds of thousands to be killed and punished in your name.

Can't you being an omnipotent being, see that your meer existence would cause suffering
>>
>>17148768
You're an idiot. The universe isn't consciously making beings that are aware for the simple fact of learning about itself. Where did you see that, on tumblr?
>>
you want to be a winner, be a winner.
you want to be a loser, be a loser.
you can be anything you want.

wise man 1983*
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hn9xAaKUbw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRhCz0ELrKs
>>
>>17148547

>What if there truly is no meaning and we are just a random coincidence as a result of?

Then that would be a beautiful story. For a brief moment in time, a part of the universe became conscious and understood itself only to return to the dust and smoke it came from. That doesn't make life any less meaningful, quite the opposite. You've been blessed with consciousness and thought. Use it to make the universe a little bit better than you found it.
>>
File: 1443193065520.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1443193065520.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>17149064
10/10 post
>>
>>17148634
This so much.

I always felt like drugs can show you the way, like Morpheus says in The Matrix, you are the one that has to walk through it.
What I mean by that is there are many secrets to the universe, taking drugs removes you from the everyday existence you normally ljvs, it fills your imagination with ideas on those secrets but it doesn't take you anywhere, to really explore those ideas, you have to do it yourself.
The answers are within you, not an external source like drugs.
>>
>>17149464

I like it. I would add that while you don't need drugs to explore the secrets of the universe, oftentimes we get so set in a certain pattern of thinking we are unable to think outside that pattern. Certain drugs disrupt that pattern and make thinking outside the box much easier. It's like you said though, you still have to do it yourself - think those thoughts, walk those steps, have those experiences, etc.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.