[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ancient mythology thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Aeneas_and_Turnus.jpg (116 KB, 800x597) Image search: [Google]
Aeneas_and_Turnus.jpg
116 KB, 800x597
Germanic/Celtic/Greek-Roman/Egyptian/Chinese/Japanese/Mesopotamian/Sumerian/More.

Something connects the gods of these religions, /v/. Something connects the religions themselves. Something beyond what scholars can describe.

I want to find out what that is. I want to make a coherent narrative that fits everything. For instance, the man who wrote the Poetic Edda descibes Anaeas, son of Greek/Roman Goddess Aphrodite/Venus is the man who became Thor in the Norse pantheon. Presumably, since he is also the ancestor of the men who founded Rome, there is a narrative this man followed that puts him in multiple events across multiple historical areas/religions.

Does anyone know anything similar? Is there a way we can paint a clear picture of all this? Whether or not these gods had a historical basis or not doesn't matter. Something connects them all. Are they all pieces of a larger, single religion?

Help me find it, /x/. Help me find the reason.
>>
>>17147973
Religious mythologies are used to symbolize abstract concepts and principles pertaining to the forces of the universe in a way that is easy for us humans to relate to.

I would go as far as to say many mythologies such as Norse and Greek tell the stories of our local cosmological history/relationships aka the movements of the planets and the respective effects they hold upon each other. This is very important because it gives insight into where we come from, how things ended up the way they are and even a possibility to predict what may happen again in the future as it functions like clockwork.

Wouldn't look further into it than that.
>>
They're all Gods. The difference is that they've ruled over their cultures and still exist to this day in varying forms. Basis of physicality as in, there was a physical Thor with his hammer. They're all analogies of mythos that are applied to each of them for our own sake.

They've all had their Aeon to rule. Aeon of Osiris has recently passed.

If you're looking to write a screenplay based on Poseidon becoming Odin and then Isis then you're not listening.
>>
why you call us/v/ first
>>
>>17148121
cause I derped hard. The funny thing is, I thought I did before I posted and then went back to correct it and couldn't find it. Now it's there again.

Toospooky.jpg
>>
Did the hebrews exist? Because according to history only canaanites and aramaeans existed.
>>
>>17148414
Jesus was aramaean according to history.
>>
>>17147973
Snorri also says that Odin was a survivor of the Trojan War, and that puts him migrating with other survivors into Europe circa 1200 b.c.e. and give him enough time to become deified in the minds of the folk. This ties him to Aeneas/Thor as well, as he is Trojan-blood.

If you want to go further back, there are ties to Atlantis, as Troy was a blood-related kingdom of Atlantis, so there you would have blood-ties for Thor to Atlantis (and for possibly Odin as well, though I can't recall a specific tie-in to another name/personage for him historically speaking).
>>
>>17147973

I heard a rumour that Constantine threw all these pagan gods and religions into a melting pot (council of Nicea) and created a new one world religion with "the other Jesus" at its head.
>>
>>17148474

(samefag)

The book of Enoch and KJV describes who all these pagan gods were.
>>
>>17148514

(samefag)

The closest I came to a common thread between all the pagan gods and religions was Nimrod and his wife/mother Semiramis.
>>
>>17147973
That's dangerous talk, anon... People have used religious writings to manipulate the populous for probably all of written history, and they'll defend it brutally if they must.

I actually would really like to see a comprehensive timeline and correlation of each religion and every origin of each individual belief, that would definitely be interesting as hell. But we never will, because a lot of it will involve Biblical figures, and most fall under 3 categories: not giving a fuck, being scared that their foundations of belief will be shattered, or being even more scared that their control will falter. Sad as fuck, really, because this shit is interesting as fuck.
>>
>>17147973
indo-European paganism
>>
>>17147973
IMO Hinduism is their source. It's just my opinion. But I dont know if I shud call them mythology bcoz astronomical reference presented in bhagvad geeta are very accurate and give us the date of 3067 Bc. And I dont wanna hear indo-European bullshit.

>>17148951
*Facepalm*
>>
Google the Divine Council
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.