[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My family hates that I do solo hikes around Wisconsin. They say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Holy Hill.jpg (826 KB, 2048x1289) Image search: [Google]
Holy Hill.jpg
826 KB, 2048x1289
My family hates that I do solo hikes around Wisconsin. They say that I am asking to be murdered by going hiking alone. There have been a couple famous murders with hikers being killed on trails, and bodies are found every once in a while trails around the state.

Do you think that solo hiking is dangerous, as far as other humans are concerned?
>>
>>17147099
>hiking
>potentially dangerous people

This is not paranormal. Please find a hiking forum and post there instead.

Saged.
>>
File: 1442346084379.jpg (579 KB, 1600x1063) Image search: [Google]
1442346084379.jpg
579 KB, 1600x1063
>>17147099
no, I solo hike all the time. It gives me the chance to clear my head and think and honestly the lonely serenity of it sort of gives me this creepy adrenaline rush
Just be sre you tell people where youre going specifically, stay in that area and bring adequate supplies like a compass, cellphone and a gun for any animals or people who could be a little dangerous
>>
>>17147137
>R E A D R U L E S
>E
>A
>D

>R
>U
>L
>E
>S
>>
>>17147099
I used to live in Wisconsin. I hate that state. I digress. Just cc or if you don't want to pay the money for that just open carry. Get a cheap high point for 150 if you don't care.
>>
>>17147232
Why do you hate the state? Where do you live now?
>>
File: 18equftcrbg8zjpg[1].jpg (43 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
18equftcrbg8zjpg[1].jpg
43 KB, 500x319
Most people are victim types. Not me.
>>
>>17147447
I hate cold in general, I don't care for the attitude I find most people there have (kinda upity, not as bad as new England, but still).
It feels like every one wants life to be vanilla.

People drink way too much and eat too much. All thr time.

Idk man, state just isn't for me. It's got some nice perks, but I hate it there. Live in florida now, happy as s clam
>>
>>17147099
Dude, Wisconsin is a huge spot for Dogmen encounters. If you go out into the woods alone it's not serial killers you need to worry about.
>>
>>17147099
Wrong board, go to /out/
>>
File: 6925_45d2.jpeg.jpg (17 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
6925_45d2.jpeg.jpg
17 KB, 250x247
Humans die when you out put bullets in them. God bless America. Hike armed. Next time, take this to k so they can put some hair on your nuts. Why is reddit here today?
>>
>>17147099
>Wisconsin

I will brutally murder the next hiker I see. I do that too, it's not very dangerous.
>>
>>17147699
I hate how much people drink here. It really ruins Wisconsin's culture. Wisconsin just emulates pieces of things from Chicago because Wisconsin hardly has any culture, besides the rural north. WI people are pretty stupid, and like 90% alcoholics.

>>17147723
I've seen some weird stuff up north. I've heard Wisconsin has had a lot of goatman sightings too. Honestly, most of the state isn't too creepy until you get to northern Wisconsin. It's freaky up there.
>>
>>17147186
He is right, though... this thread would fit much better on /out/, and would probably be received much better. I see absolutely no reason why it should be here rather than there, unless OP plans on going into detail about said "couple famous murders" which he doesn't seem to.
>>
>>17147099
You're an American, you have the freedom to own and carry an equalizer for self protection. What's the point of this thread?
>>
I haven't made the jump from animals to humans yet. Outdoors tends to be my scouting grounds. It's safe for now, but in the future, who knows?
>>
>>17147099

solo hiking is all around dangerous and retarded. people, animals, nature... all just waiting to kill and rape your ass.
>>
>>17148439
Think so? Tons of people do it though
>>
>>17148036

I was born and lived in Chicagoland until I graduated college. Recently moved to Milwaukee. I strongly and respectfully disagree with your "WI has a lack of culture" statement. It's night and day from Chicago. Not necessarily better but by no means worse. Very different culture though. I love WI since living here.

>>17148132

wat?
>>
>>17148461
Not all of them come out unscathed. There is stuff out in the woods that will make you never want to go back into them ever again.
>>
File: x_rules.png (2 KB, 387x95) Image search: [Google]
x_rules.png
2 KB, 387x95
>>17147137
>This is not paranormal.

Fuck off and kill yourself you wothless, ignorant, sub-human sack of stinking wet shit. Every fucking time with you braindead fucking parrots who have never read the fucking rules. For fucks sake.
>>
>>17148036
>how much people drink here

can't help it. how else can i wash down my daily fried curds?
>>
>>17148485
Yeah that's true. I was thinking more in terms of "achievements" though. I'd say Milwaukee people are nicer, more easy going, less snobby, slightly less liberal/pretentious, and more easily impressed. A lot of people in Chicago are delusional ass holes, but it's a global academic hub and there's a ton of high profile people living in most areas.

Overall, I like Milwaukee more. I like the surrounding scenery, the city structure, the people, and the architecture. Chicago is just too much. But I still say that Milwaukee just waits for innovation to start in Chicsgo, and then they pick up the scraps of whatever is left
>>
>>17147099
Why is this even on /x/? Not only would it be more appropriate on /out/, but they would have better answers than "zomg watchout for dogman."

Either way, as far as reasons to post here, OP gave fuck all reasons.
>inb4 c-check the r-rules
Nothing creepy about his post, no matter how you spin it.
>>
>>17148036
>It's freaky up there
The farther you get away from civilization the weirder things get, everywhere. I live in a wildlife area miles away from a small town and hike in the wilderness, and honestly it gets freaky.

>>17149726
Nigga fuck off, if you want to make a tulpa thread or a nope thread full of past stories, nothing is stopping you.
>>
>>17147561
2 edgy 4 me
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.