[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Illness and the paranormal.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Hey /x/ I'm relatively new here and I'd like to share a story with you guys and see if any of you have had a similar experience. So as far back as I can remember, my mother was always sick. She was diagnosed with an extremely rare disease in which her body would create too much stomach acid, which caused her to throw up violently all day long. She spent basically half her time at the hospital and the other half at our house just trying to survive. Growing up with a heavily sick mom wasn't the easiest and not exactly the most normal situation for a child, but one incident stuck out. One day we drove down to the hospital to pick her up and take her back to the house, and all was going good until I noticed her face. She was nervous, scared. We could all tell something was wrong with her but no one interjected. It wasn't until about a week later that I asked her what was wrong. "Something is following me anon, and I don't know what's going on." Now at this time I was only 11 and terrified. "What do you mean, like someone you know?" "Are you ok?" She starred blankly at the ground for a moment. "Something was at the hospital anon, and it wanted to hurt me. There were voices in the hallways saying that they wanted me dead, they were waiting for me to die. And horrible, disfigured goat men popped in and out of my t.v. I don't know what to do." My mom passed away a year later and from what I know, she didn't tell another soul what she saw. So my whole point is do you think spirits attach themselves to the sick? Are sick people more likely to be tortured by the dead? If so, why? Thanks /x/
>>
>>17145901
> Today's episode of "Things That Totally Happened" was brought to by Tumblr, where everyone is special and no one is smart.
>>
>>17145901
If diseases and illness are connected/related to the body, then they are most certainly related/connected to/influence(d) by the mind.
If this is true, and we take into account Crowley's model of how spirits and such are precieved(them being a part of the mind, the psyche, and not truly external from the individual).
Then can we safely conclude that seeing ghosts and spirits and hearing them and sensing them is a byproduct of prolonged illness?

Perhaps they don't attach themselves to the sick person. Maybe they are brought to the conscious mind while ill, or maybe they are born from the stress, the anxiety, brought by the illness?

Who knows.

Also the dead are lonely.
Bump.
>>
>>17145901

Well to first answer this we first need to put this into perspective. My story:

I had aun uncle who had spent his whole life sick with a parapalegic of the torso. It was an extremely rough existance growing up for him. He was often taunted into class, by bully's because he looked funny in a wheelchair. They would often call him 'two wheels' in a very derisive manor as thuogh he was some kid with glasses being called the analagous term of 4 eyes. He lived his whole life like this, and he said it was hell. As he grew old, he became to start having nitemares about some chick who would be all trying to fuck him but cuoldn't because he doesn't have the abilityies of his sex organs due to his parapalegic status. I brought him MacDOnalds and bought him two cheesebergers and a large fry. He would also have these reoccured nitemares that he was being stalked by a thing outside of his range of normal vision. This thing would lurk into different shadows depending on his mood because he sometimes would be somewhat sad about stuff. There was also a time to have him appear in court because he couldn't get to his favorite place because they had no handycap access for his chair. It was a mess of existance that can help to demonstrate that there was nothing that couldn't be compared about your story and mine. You just have to live with whatt the cards have been dealed to you in our life existance and then just go with it. You can do the same and find out what suits your sickness and discontinent.
>>
If you're absolutely looking for a spiritual answer, then yes, the dead, demons, or anything spiritual in general can more easily attached them selves to the sick. It's because they're weak willed, I can only imagine how fragile someone would be with a condition as terrible as the one your mother had. (My condolences, by the way) It's sort of like if you go hunting. What's easier to catch, a deer that's completely fine, or a squirrel who's tail is caught under something?

The more logical approach would be that, she was just ill. It's not unheard of for very sick people to have these sorts of delusions. It's part of the way the mind works, especially if she was vomiting all the time. Being in such a bad environment, spending all that time in the hospital, undergoing so much trauma, it can cause a person to just lose it.
>>
>>17145948
> I had aun uncle
> had aun uncle
> aun uncle
Aunt Uncle

Couldn't decide which you wanted to use for your little story, huh?
>>
>>17145901
Whoah, the pic immediately made me remember that Dmitri guy...
>>
>>17145964
maybe the auncle was a tranny
>>
>>17145964
>>17145975

No I mean to have been saying 'an' uncle so a mistake.
>>
Yup
>>
>>17145913
Sorry if my writing made the story too cheesy for you anon. Just wanted some answers.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.