[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, so 3 out of the last 4 days, I have heard strange aircraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1434335892274.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1434335892274.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
Ok, so 3 out of the last 4 days, I have heard strange aircraft in the sky. It sounds to me like some sort of jet engine braking / acceleration process. Never heard anything like it in my life until now.

Day 1: Silent sky then a very clear sound of a jet engine descending in pitch. The descent sound lasted no more than a second. This is followed by maybe 10 seconds of very normal jet sound. Then the sound wound up in the opposite manner, again lasting no more than a second. Silence after, no fade out of sound at all.

Day 2: Repeat above, but only the initial wind down noise. Sounds slime a normal jet after that and faded out as any normal jet would as it flew away.

Day 3: Nothing.

Day 4 (Today): Didn't hear or notice a wind down sound, but very clearly heard a wind up to silence again.

It's difficult to describe the sound in writing. It sounded like a jet engine rapidly dropping and increasing in rpm. That's the best way I can think to describe it. Never heard it before in my life.

Anyone ever heard something like this before? Any ideas as to what it is?

Pic only ever so slightly related.
>>
>>17145133
Any military bases in your area? And are you living in a densely populated area? If you're in the middle of fucking nowhere (like me) it could be training exercises.

In any case it doesn't sound very /x/ related but then again who knows. Anything else happen?
>>
>>17145133
I've experienced this (something like it anyways) as a kid living on an airbase in the UK. Some stealthy jets will scream and perform airshow stunts at realllllllly high altitudes, but you can still hear the jet.

>made me cry as a kid, was totally fucked
> was used to low-flying jets
>parents was jet mechanics, so their explanations were shit to a child
>>
>>17146986
Good point,
ASL? Mostly a description of L would be nice...
>>
>>17147029
25 m. I was a couple kilometers away from the Andoya base, Norway until last year. Got a few exercises every now and again.
>>
You could have been experiencing the Doppler effect.

As something gets nearer to you, the sound it makes will appear to rise in pitch as the soundwaves become more compressed. As it moves away, the pitch will seem to drop.

Imagine a race car zooming right past you. The engine noise will seem to go up as it gets nearer and suddenly down again as it passes.

https://youtu.be/h4OnBYrbCjY?t=1m12s
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.