[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /x/, can anyone shed some light on the Andrew WK conspira
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: igetwet.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
igetwet.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
So /x/, can anyone shed some light on the Andrew WK conspiracy?

http://archersguild.blogspot.com/2011/03/andrew-wk-and-steev-mike-conspiracy.html

>Fans at an Andrew WK concert in New Jersey claimed that the man on stage was an impostor dressed as Andrew WK. "Andrew" apparently left the stage halfway through the show and never returned. Many internet theorist believe that this was the debut of the second actor who played AWK. (The general consensus is that there have been three AWKs to date.) Granted, he does look different in photos taken before and after 2005, but that can be attributed to the fact that he cut his hair and started shaving.
Here is a look at how much his voice has changed:
Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTB9wj_0GKE
Exhibit B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=244_8f6ccs0
>>
Who cares? Celebrities are consumable products.
>>
Mf doom has done this for years basically can't be arsed to do a show? Send a talented double
>>
Even if it is a replacement, honestly who gives the slightest shit. Andrew WK is like a D-list celebrity, there are mayors of small rural towns more relevant than him.
>>
OP sauce on pic. Who is that?
>>
>>17143925

Apparently renowned world celebrity A-list phenomenon Andrew WK.
>>
>>17143940
Still don't know who TF that is.....
>>
>>17143940
>A-lis phenomenon
kek
>>
>>17143829
Try posting to /mu/
>>
>>17143829

Cool story here.

I could have easily put the voice change down to the environment, him raising his voice in the second one, but his reaction when asked 'are you andrew w.k' was one that told there was something funny going on.

So he is a different guy, I don't personally give a shit, might as well swap audhiu with hfisgfis, either way no money going to andy w.k
>>
Exhibit B: 0:58
>>
>>17143918
>>17143957

We get it. You don't like Andrew WK. Doesn't change the fact that he's world famous.
>>
Who's Andrew WK
>>
>>17143829
The two men in those videos are different people, for sure. They don't even look that similar, and the voices sure as hell are different. Never even heard of this until now.
>>
>>17144589
lol
>>
File: 1451148723077.png (151 KB, 339x288) Image search: [Google]
1451148723077.png
151 KB, 339x288
But why would he have a look alike? What is the point?
>>
File: 1451184634407.png (95 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1451184634407.png
95 KB, 325x325
>>17144698

*reads article*

W-whaaaaaat? I'm more unhappy and confused than most other actually important conspiracy theories! What the fuck?!
>>
>>17144589

>world famous

i don't have any fucking clue who that is. like honestly, not even the slightest hint

i even looked at his wikipedia page and i have never even heard of the tv show he supposedly worked on, the songs he's supposedly released, or the band he was supposedly in. i could do a random page on wikipedia on almost any person and have a better idea of who they are than this person.
>>
>>17144610
lol no way, its the same people
>>
Who is Andrew WK? Non-ironic post, seriously never heard of him.
>>
>>17144761
He's not who you think he is...
>>
>>17144766

then he must be famous
>>
>>17143829
Cool thread, cool read. Thanks OP.
My take on it is that Andrew WK is the 'front man' for a group of people that come out with shit. Not so much like a life-or-death conspiracy but just a group of people that are trying to make a successful band that, like any group of humans, have differences at times.
>>
ITT: 15 year olds who think only the people they know are famous
>>
>>17143829
Who..?
>>
>>17144772
kek
>>
File: Steev Mike Dazed_1.jpg (452 KB, 1275x1753) Image search: [Google]
Steev Mike Dazed_1.jpg
452 KB, 1275x1753
It's very likely Steev Mike was his dad's project title on his label for more experimental releases, then Andrew himself was going to use the pseudonym for a while. The first AWK releases (if you look at an archived page of the label's store) was released under Steev Mike. Replacment shit is illogical and makes no sense. Whether or not his dad wanted him to be a "constructed" act, we can't know for sure. The stuff going on now with him acting strange is just is AWK dicking around because that's just him. Pic related

also, see this video of him trolling the shit out of ICP fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUOvnbCtnVQ
>>
>>17145072
>for you
>for you
>for you
>>
>>17145072 again

Let me also address that you can find "recent" interviews of him talking like he is in the first video as well. His voice didn't change, he's just acting more excited in the second interview. You can compare the tiny nuances in his voice and see that they're the same person.
>>
>>17144753

That's probably because you were born post 2001
>>
>>17144830

m8, there's no way you were alive in 2001 and haven't heard of Andrew WK, unless you were an infant or toddler.

see >>17145125
>>
Stop jerking off about the fame of Andrew WK, it's off topic and going nowhere. Nobody cares if you've never heard of him, that doesn't make the thread any less relevant, and nobody cares if you have heard of him. JUST STOP REPLYING
>>
>>17145152

>splerg everywhere
>>
>>17144589
>world famous
ATHF is the only reason I know who he is
>>
His whole career has been a marketing experiment.

And this is a part of it too.

Go home Andy, you's doneee
>>
File: 1450249880487.jpg (139 KB, 814x814) Image search: [Google]
1450249880487.jpg
139 KB, 814x814
>>17145100
>>17145122
>>17144866
>>17144822
>>17144766
>>17144599
This thread has been blessed by the God of Repeating Digits.
>>
>>17145072
http://awilkeskrier.homestead.com/

And here's the big ol website where every theory and comprehensive info about the whole thing and the website hackings are located. Interesting read, but keep the facts in mind.
>>
>>17145167

because you're underage
>>
>>17145072
>dad's project title

Let me correct myself here, it's been awhile since I've jumped down this rabbit hole. The Steev Mike project was credited to the two label founders, NOT AWK's dad. AWK's dad however, apparently had legal connection with the label. I'll need to reread shit on this and get re-informed. Either way, Andrew WK was at one time referred to as Steev Mike, as evidenced by that picture and by the archive of Bulb's store site. The picture there also disproves the bs about AWK being replaced, as it's obviously the same person as the AWK of today. People need to realize that facial hair can make a significant difference in how you look, even just a little bit. Lighting and photo environment also have an impact.
>>
>>17145204
Also, something I just noticed about the Steev Mike release that for some reason I never considered before. Apparently, it's a bootleg that didn't start circulating until '06. That would mean it's possible the label founders of Bulb never used the Steev Mike pseudonym, despite all the tracks on the Steev Mike record being the same as on their earlier and official release as "Couch". I can't find any digital copy online to listen to, but I assume it's noise/musique concrete. Only question is why someone would make a 7 inch bootleg under the Steev Mike name with tracks that don't belong to the person who used the Steev Mike pseudonym first, ostensibly, Andrew WK.

http://www.discogs.com/Steev-Mike-Untitled/release/1672430
>>
>>17143829
Ancient astronaut theorists believe....
>>
Was gonna watch your videos OP, during buffering I realised I dont actually care. Never heard of the guy. Dont know, dont care.
>>
>>17145251

>could it be possible...
>>
>>17145189
Alright, here's the most important information about this whole deal.

Bulb Records is founded by Pete Larson and Jim Magas. Discogs.com confirms this, but doesn't mention AWK's dad James Krier. Looking through a few of the earliest Bulb releases on Discogs, none of the liner notes available give any credit to Mr. Krier at all. Only the bootleg Steev Mike release has a copyright going toward Krier. Discogs claims the Steev Mike record was not an official release, and that copies only started appearing in 2006. The songs on the record are all songs from the band Couch, which consists of Larson and Magas and are found on other releases on Bulb. This is the only available info I've found so far that connects Steev Mike to Bulb. Where did this record come from and why is it associated with both Bulb and, seemingly unrelated, Krier?

The "truthaboutandrewwk" blogspot page claims that Krier provided all the money for the record label to start up, and claims that there is a belief that the label was always merely supposed to look like a label, with cheap releases by Larson and Magas until they could get an artist like Andrew WK who would rise as a constructed pop artist. Like many conspiracy sites however, there are absolutely no sources to this claim.

continued next post
>>
File: R-1672430-1235938470.jpeg.jpg (58 KB, 492x501) Image search: [Google]
R-1672430-1235938470.jpeg.jpg
58 KB, 492x501
>>17145749
Similarly, the homestead website linked above claims that Krier was a part of Bulb. It makes the claim as well that the label was a vehicle to release Andrew WK's work. It also says that Magas, in a piece of mail, says that Steev Mike was not a member of Couch, but guested as a drummer in '99. The site also claims that Larson claimed the Steev Mike record was "found" and published by Bulb, but later retracted the statement (possibly when it was discovered they were all Couch tracks) and said it was all made up, and that Steev Mike was really the pseudonym for James Krier. Again however, there is no way (with my research so far) to prove that the mail or these statements are true. The site has:

- "Q&A"; "Kit Kat Ads"; "Kristine Williams";
- Pittsburgh St. Patrick's Day show
- Twig Harper - Lil Howling Wolf/James Pobiega
- SPIN article, M.A.N.

beneath that block of text, but I don't know if it's trying to cite something or just list things for reference.

The only legitimate evidence so far connecting Krier at all to Bulb is the Steev Mike record giving him copyright, which would be alright if the dubious nature of the record's origins wasn't an issue. Only way to really get any info on this would be to contact Larson, Magas, and Krier themselves. Regardless, the image found at >>17145072 and the archived store page for Bulb (which I don't have a link for currently, and which would be flagged by the spam filter anyway - search the store page at archive.org and see if you can find it) which shows that Girls Own Juice (the first AWK release) was originally released under the name Steev Mike, prove that AWK originally used the name as his pseudonym. Everything that's happened subsequently, and the nature of AWK as a project are muddled, confusing, and unanswered. The homestead site is a good read to maybe sort out a conclusion, but keep in mind what's sourced and what's not, and do your own research to confirm certain things.
>>
>>17143829
Maybe he could only take being such a colossal faggot caricature for so long and finally snapped and an heroed.
>>
>>17145811
>The site also claims that Larson claimed the Steev Mike record was "found" and published by Bulb

Alright, I may have read this incorrectly because it's vaguely written on the homestead site. It looks like it's just saying that it was originally published in 1992 by Bulb and that record stores found the copies. Still not clear what the "backstory" Larson apparently retracts as false is though.
>>
>>17144589
Is he that sober from motorhead who died?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.