[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone had an extraordinary experience in meditation. If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: meditation_sun-300x224.jpg (14 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
meditation_sun-300x224.jpg
14 KB, 300x224
Has anyone had an extraordinary experience in meditation. If so, how did you go about achieving that?
>>
>>17141841
Ultimately it's your breathing. notice how cigarette smokers never say they have visited the astral?
>>
>>17141864
I smoke and i've visted the astral. try getting your facts straight before believing your better then anyone.
>>
>>17141882
how many times?
>>
File: Govinda.jpg (229 KB, 960x824) Image search: [Google]
Govinda.jpg
229 KB, 960x824
Chant the mahamantra

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
>>
If I meditate for longer than half an hour, I think it starts right about an hour in, it feels like energy is flowing through my body and I spasm a bit. I don't know what this means.
>>
>>17141923
time is more of a inane factor in this.
It's just a state of mind. If you can reach that quickly then so be it.

I start receiving visions within 10 minutes of meditation because of my ability to reach the "blank slate" state.
>>
>>17141936
It's different from a blank state of mind. I can get to that point relatively easily. It's when it starts to affect my body it gets weird.
>>
>>17141970
This happens to me too, it's pretty distracting desu
>>
>>17141841
Being in complete darkness for about 24 hours and smoking pot made me see geometrical shapes and colors. It was wild, very enjoyable.
>>
Breathing, chanting, doing various meditative techniques are helpful, but they alone will not produce results. They only serve a supplementary role when it comes to meditative practice.

What it all boils down to is proper management of one's karma, or more precisely, one's attunement to the dharma. The more one continually embodies the dharma in one's lifestyle and extinguishes karmic attachments, the more "extraordinary" or rather, productive one's meditative practice becomes. Without this baseline fundamental firmly established as one's top priority and object of attention... years, decades, lifetimes of breathing and chant exercises will be for naught.
>>
Hours of practice mostly, with the help of being in the presence of teachers.

My experiences have been deep states of bliss, where thoughts go to the background and what is on the foreground are waves or vibrations of bliss coming from the top of the head.

The waves feel ecstatic. It feels like drinking nectar and quenching your spiritual thirst.

The stronger the waves of bliss come, the more "I" lose myself in it and there have been experiences of total merging with the current of bliss, in which there is nothing but silence.

In the hindu traditions, I think these states are referred to as savikalpa samadhi, which means deep absorption but with movements in consciousness (such as thought, etc).

A state of total blankness without self is nirvikalpa samadhi, which means a state of deep absoprtion without movement. I've only had the pleasure of experiencing this once.

Just keep meditating and learning as much as you can about it. What's most important is keep a continued practice. Try to meditate at least an hour a day. Keep it simple, keep it comfortable.
>>
I've never had visions like people have described to me. The "best" it's ever gotten was a handful of times where a distinct feeling began to coalesce directly in the center of my head. Almost like an "itch" or maybe even a phantom touch but dead center in my head or slightly in front as well. Occasionally it would also be accompanied with a clicking originating from this spot as well. It's hard to imagine a sound coming from your brain, let alone being able to hear it, but I assure you that was the sensation I felt. On one occasion this feeling was so intense it was pleasurable. To others I described it as ecstasy or euphoria. I ended up laughing and falling back on my bed and it persisted for like a minute or two. The novelty of that last experience is one of the main reasons I keep trying to meditate. As shameful as it seems, it's like I'm trying to chase the high, although it took me years of meditation on and off for that to occur, and it has been around 2 years since.
>>
>>17142440
Funny, I was thinking about the concept of Dharma before meditating last night. In particular that one allegory from Indian myth about the two armies destined to battle because each soldier's dharma led them to it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-29-04-56-21.png (134 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-29-04-56-21.png
134 KB, 960x540
>>17142171
Right here brother.
-passes to anon-
>>
>>17143469
Well, anyway for my experiences with meditation I have my own hand movements I incorporate into it to signal my body is coming in the the astral realm out of information. I do a right hand sign I saw a image of Jesus do and I do my own thing for my left hand. When I first started meditating I saw images go by very slowly and specially. I once saw a giant card that was orange and blue on each side and I was climbing out and into it along with other figures that were like energy silhouettes of some sort. I also could feel energy I am putting off as well and the immense power I have.
>>
>>17141841
I sat crossed legged with hands on my knee doing that finger thing. I closed my eyes and breathed slowly. I felt calm and comfortable. Then suddenly I entered some kind of a trance. My whole body was having an intense euphoria and goosebumps. From that moment I was able to induce goosebumps whenever I calm myself with deep breaths.
>>
File: 1439022264760.jpg (150 KB, 1080x675) Image search: [Google]
1439022264760.jpg
150 KB, 1080x675
>>17141923
Sounds like kriyas.

>>17141841
Just breath, relax, let your mind clear. You have to figure the rest out for yourself.
>>
>>17144206
>let your mind clear
that's literally impossible and the biggest piece of non-advice i've ever heard.
>>
File: 1449864171441.gif (2 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1449864171441.gif
2 MB, 300x168
>>17141864
>Implying

i literally make a living of smoking and I have visited the astral.
>>
>>17142171
>>17143469

Yep
>>
>>17144269
No you haven't. No smoker I've ever known - and I've known a few - have ever spoken of visiting the astral plane.
>>
File: 1450358428135.gif (775 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1450358428135.gif
775 KB, 500x400
>>17144206
Ok, are you faggots or I am the only one seeing those huge tits?
>>
>>17144269

Sure thing kid.
>>
>>17144378

is it just me or do those nipples seem too high?
>>
>>17141915
Just curious, what exactly is the purpose of mantras? I'm fairly new to meditation.
>>
>>17145390
Selective attention. Manipulation of awareness. Something like that.
>>
funny question maybe, but do you guys think meditation has actually improved your quality of life or, to put it more specifically, made you happier?

I've practiced yoga and meditation for about six months now, and while I notice great advancement in many areas of my conscious life, I can't help but feel as though I'm in more internal turmoil.

I feel like I'm closer to true joy than I have been since my childhood, but closer to depression too, if that makes sense.
>>
>>17145438
cont... it feels like before I was content to coast along more, but now a bandage has been ripped off. deep down I feel like I have chosen a positive road, but could I potentially mess myself up from this kind of activity? Ultimately I don't want to give myself a mental illness or something lol
>>
>>17145438
I definitely feel better overall since I've started meditating. Maybe that internal turmoil has always been there and meditation is simply allowing you to see it? This might be giving you a chance to fix something you didn't realize was broken. Ignoring a problem isn't the same as fixing it, so it's probably a good thing you've taken notice of it.
>>
>>17145465
yeah dude, that's my thinking. i certainly feel like i have a clearer perception of what i need in my life. I've always been very analytical as a person, especially with myself. i think that's why my growth through meditation is playing up so much in my thoughts
>>
>>17145465
same guy again. thanks for the advice, forgot to say in the first reply there. really eloquent and prescient comment
>>
>>17144206
>Sounds like kriyas
I don't know much about Hinduism. Can I do anything with this energy or is it just there to make me feel good? I don't mind if it doesn't have practical uses, the pleasure is more than enough in itself, I'm just curious.
>>
>>17145438
>but closer to depression too

The more you meditate, the better you feel. But you are also much more aware of the pain and suffering of others. This causes a sadness and from it, a desire to help selflessly others.
It's like being filthy rich among starving poor people. You feel bad for them and desire to give them some of your wealth.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
>>17141841
During meditation I've felt really heavy, and expanded to unimaginable proportions, as if my body had encapsulated the entire size of this physical realm. Soon after my heart started beating fast and faster. High pitch noises can be heard, my eyes became focused on one point and then i saw stars rushing towards me exactly like pic related. I never got any further than this, i have no idea what i means and i can't find anything on google.
Anyone else experience this?
>>
>>17142670
I think I know what you are talking about. Except, I feel like its more of a pressure building up.
>>
>>17145438
I feel better but still depressed. don't think it's possible for me to not feel depressed anyway.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.