[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: full-moon-juarez-mexico.jpg (139 KB, 1190x934) Image search: [Google]
full-moon-juarez-mexico.jpg
139 KB, 1190x934
The moon is always a full moon until it is destroyed. It is a physical object that people worship. You don't need to worry about whether or not the moon is waxing or waning, you can just be.
>>
File: mckay.jpg (16 KB, 289x400) Image search: [Google]
mckay.jpg
16 KB, 289x400
>>
>>17144002

why would you bump this? There is absolutely no value to this thread.
>>
>>17144006
What u mean? I know so many people who do things depending on the phase of the moon, and people who worship the moon but can't conceive of a god or God but they put faith in an object
>>
>>17141642
>>17145659
I dunno:
"Never wax thy goon
upon the waning moon"
-Cherokee proverb.
>>
>>17145697
There is always a full moon.

I am starting to think the way they show us astrology online is to control our decisions based on the "facts" about what is where and why.
>>
>>17145734
> "facts" about what is where and why.
That's easily observable and barely relevant in the first place. If you're that interested in accurate astrology learn it for yourself.
>>
>>17145769
That's what I am talking about.

Some people who know the accurate astrology still have the same flaw

> "oh I can do this because it is a waxing moon and the Sun is in this sign to x degrees"

And

>omg u don't wanna hang out today it's cool I looked at ur horoscope it said you may or may not want to hang out today
>>
>>17145659
Maybe it's because they can Actually see the moon as opposed to a god who's never shown his face, retard. Why worship something that's not there?
>>
File: Man_In_The_Moon2.png (146 KB, 400x1001) Image search: [Google]
Man_In_The_Moon2.png
146 KB, 400x1001
>>
>>17145789
I see. But it's really not meant to be that specific.
More of a general guideline for how energy might flow that particular day.
I put very little faith in astrology, but that isn't to say that visible stars don't slightly alter background radiation. Or that the phases of the moon don't affect the tidal patterns. They most certainly do.
Therefore: moon phase matters a bit, and is easily observable; why lie?
>>
File: funny-picture-336701578.jpg (23 KB, 363x333) Image search: [Google]
funny-picture-336701578.jpg
23 KB, 363x333
>>17145821
But if you put faith in the moon, you believe in some spiritual connection.

Same if you worship a pencil or a tampon, it is an object you put faith in.

Why put faith in lesser objects. There are millions of suns, moons, pencils, and tampons, and none of them are God in Spirit.
>>
>>17145823
Not to say that there isn't some subtle impacts, but, I think for the people who are stuck into reading astrology everyday and can't stop, this thread is for them

Sometimes what you needs is a loooomnnnnggg and unending break from looking at your phone to see how your day is going to end up
>>
>>17145834
You don't need to believe in spiritual crap to believe in something you see. Putting your faith in a god/gods you've never seen is believing in something spiritual, which honestly makes no sense.
>>
>>17145854
Isn't spirituality about putting faith in things that aren't material
>>
File: The_Chair.jpg (204 KB, 640x704) Image search: [Google]
The_Chair.jpg
204 KB, 640x704
>>17145834
>>17145844
Indeed
>>
>>17145864
I don't know. I don't worship nor believe in anything spiritual. All I think is people shouldn't worship things that have never shown themselves/itself. Shaping your whole life based on something that won't bother to prove it's real despite all the "proof" is plain childish.
>>
>>17145883
And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

Half of realizing God is about purifying the senses like when you were a little kid, and loving with that same love

As adults, we don't value this as much
>>
File: 1b6.jpg (27 KB, 600x558) Image search: [Google]
1b6.jpg
27 KB, 600x558
the moon might wax or wane but the sun is always there, like a magnificent father.

if only i could be so gloriously incandescent.
>>
>>17146939
Sun is also an object capable of being destoryed
>>
life on earth wouldn't be possible were it not for the slight gravitational pull the moon has on us. We need those tides and shit.
>>
>>17147877
Be like "you whoever put it there thanks"
>>
>>17147221
True enough but when it goes so does everyone and everything left on the mud ball we call home. I don't blame anyone who would worship it. It can fuck some serious shit up.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.