[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is your god(s), /x/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 43
File: goat-god.png (3 MB, 1020x1055) Image search: [Google]
goat-god.png
3 MB, 1020x1055
Who is your god(s), /x/?
>>
>>17141526
the one that's cool because he's a goat.
>>
yea laugh it up. the metal mask at the end of the universe is not amused by your faggotry
>>
>>17141526
The One True God, of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. The God of all nations, who beget and gave his only son that all men shall be saved.
>>
File: 1764799-andross.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1764799-andross.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>17141546
>>
>>17141526
I have neither need nor use for one. That said, praise the sun.
>>
File: visnu-y-ananta-sesa.jpg (132 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
visnu-y-ananta-sesa.jpg
132 KB, 600x800
>>17141526
>one head
>impressive

My personal deity is Balarama-Deva. He is the elder brother of Krishna, the first expansion of the Supreme Personality. He is Ananta-sesa, the infinitely-headed snake upon whom Vishnu rests. His many hoods hold the material realms like the jewel on the back of a cobra's hood, and his mouths sing the glory of Vishnu - never ending, never repeating. His impersonal influence is felt here as gravity.

With Rama, He is Lakshman, with Jagganath, He is Baladev, and with Lord Chaitanya, He is Lord Nityananda.
>>
>>17142623
>YOU ARE WORSHIPPING A SUN GOD
>>
>>17142695
Wait but Krishna is a different stage of Vishnu and Vishnu is the first God in one the Upanishads so WTF is happening.
>>
>>17142730
No, I'm making a Dark Souls joke.
>>
A god that doesn't exist
>>
>>17142519
This

You can all keep on worshiping the flawed gods mankind created though, it's not like I can stop you or anything.
>>
>>17142742
Hinduism is a big religion with a bunch of different beliefs and sects. I would go so far as to say that it is a bit of a simplification to lump them all together the way they are. It would almost be like calling Christianity, Islam, and Judaism the same religion.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 300x300
>>17142760
Implying your God isn't man made and not worshiping the true protectors Of the universe the space whales.
>>
>>17142777
I know most Hindu beliefs can't be explained because you can't really define Hinduism.
>>
>>17142760
>gods mankind created
Care to enlighten us, o radiant one, on how you know your particular deity is not as made up as the rest without saying "Because the Bible says so!", "It just feels true, deep in my heart!" or "God's fingerprints are in everything if you look hard enough!"?
>>
>>17142742
Gaudiya-Vaishnava theology places Krishna as Supreme, due basically to accused lack of intimacy in the relationship with Vishnu. Bit more complex than that, but that's all that matters to anyone outside looking in.

From my talks and experience, to each sect of Vaishnava (Rama, Krishna, Vishnu, and the rare primacy of Narasingha or another "lila-avatar"), the others just have a weird quirk of ignoring the obvious Supreme and proclaiming their own favorite as topmost. No harm theology-wise, though debates on practice and ritual can be heated.

>>17142777
Yes. There are many philosophical traditions that claim the Vedas as scripture. Heck, Sankhya Philosophy is atheistic in nature: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samkhya#Atheism

>>17142791
Hindu worked when it was a geographical label - the people who lived east of the Sindh river. Sindhus became Hindus and all their "savage" religions were lumped into Hinduism.
>>
File: 1451279356398.png (2 MB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1451279356398.png
2 MB, 666x666
>>
why worship another's perception of god, instead of what you perceive? When we see something, it's "through a lense darkly" and that's just on our own. Perceiving another's perception only further darkens the lense.

I'm high.
>>
>>17142801
Various personal experiences.
>>
>>17142843
And I have spoken with the space whales for they are the true gods they came to me when I was at the beach and flew me into the sun and then teaching me to write the Willist scriptures.
>>
>>17142818
oddly enough, that makes a lot of sense
>>
>>17142857
How many people have also communicated with these space whales?
>>
>>17142818
True, but at the same time consulting others can be very helpful as getting information from another angle can help you get a better view of your own beliefs. Another way of perceiving is perceiving what is not instead of perceiving what is.
>>
File: sisumara universal form.jpg (36 KB, 480x292) Image search: [Google]
sisumara universal form.jpg
36 KB, 480x292
>>17142857
It's a dolphin, not a whale.

>SB 5.23.4 — This great machine, consisting of the stars and planets, resembles the form of a śiśumāra [dolphin] in the water. It is sometimes considered an incarnation of Kṛṣṇa, Vāsudeva. Great yogīs meditate upon Vāsudeva in this form because it is actually visible.
>>
>>17142865
usually I'm up on some Vril shit, my latest study being based on my hypothesis that Robert W Chambers had read Blavatsky's work and referenced it vaguely in the King in Yellow collection, so when I do make sense, it's a goddamn achievement on my end.
>>
File: 7382816662.jpg (135 KB, 600x836) Image search: [Google]
7382816662.jpg
135 KB, 600x836
I respect your choice to be a pleb. We will always be here when you're ready.
>>
>>17142897
enlightenment being the cleansing flame which burns away false pretense. I agree with you, anon.
>>
>>17142912
Why is it a dolphin? Did it exist before dolphins? Did it create dolphins in its image? Does it like dolphins so it decided to be a dolphin?

Also, what makes it worthy of worship? Some form of wisdom?
>>
File: Krsna art-1_Page_137_Image_0001.jpg (316 KB, 468x640) Image search: [Google]
Krsna art-1_Page_137_Image_0001.jpg
316 KB, 468x640
The Holy Spirit, also means, whatever Spirit Soul that is Original and Purely Spiritual, above the Demiurge and above Religious Dogma in General.

I think would solve a lot of problems, if you all believe in afterlife, you should spend time meditating on God with love and service, self-sacrifice and joy.

Of course, there is a whole bunch of religious lore that will blow us away, I still accept Jesus as The Saviour because His Teaching, it will literally save your Spirit from the Archons.

>>17142695
I think God as Vishnu told Noah about the Great Flood, it may not be this way in the Bible, but that's my theory.

>>17142730
Why worship the sun when there are so many different stars? Even a different cluster of stars. Why worship any object?

>>17142818
This is true. I think that there is a way to take, that will bring us ultimately to the actual One God / Heaven Place wherever or whatever it actually is. The truth, nothing apart, and is what we all should seek either way.

Not just a different concept for each people, the actual full found body of all that is the actual God without question
>>
File: tumblr_nh579vRvDe1qjldn0o1_1280.jpg (261 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh579vRvDe1qjldn0o1_1280.jpg
261 KB, 1024x768
>>17141526
The way I see it, our macroUniverse comes down to two opposing forces with a tenuous third that touches the next universe over - the microUniverse. While the microUniverse might come down to multiple opposing forces that branch out and causally affect this 'verse, it might just be broadcasted reflections of micro manifestations (electrons, bosons, etc.) iterated over every possible configuration. This would give rise (or fall?) to the notion that positive and negative (entropy and augmentum) karmic and recorded interactions between all sentient and conscious parties may split, once said entity has collapsed their waveform through 'death'. It should be noted that in antithesis to entropy, augmentum may send one to a 'higher' path, possibly if one's sentience has manifested itself fully in this macro dimension we all are 'awake' in. Someone should come back from the dead on /x/ and give us some answers....

tl;dr Too many dimensions and universes to worship any gods when I can just fap about physics until I die.
>>
>>17142931
It's a dolphin because that's the shape it takes.

> SB 5.23.5 — This form of the śiśumāra has its head downward and its body coiled. On the end of its tail is the planet of Dhruva [Polestar], on the body of its tail are the planets of the demigods Prajāpati, Agni, Indra and Dharma, and at the base of its tail are the planets of the demigods Dhātā and Vidhātā. Where the hips might be on the śiśumāra are the seven saintly sages like Vasiṣṭha and Aṅgirā [Big Dipper]. The coiled body of the Śiśumāra-cakra turns toward its right side, on which the fourteen constellations from Abhijit to Punarvasu are located. On its left side are the fourteen stars from Puṣyā to Uttarāṣāḍhā...On the back of the śiśumāra is the group of stars known as Ajavīthī, and on its abdomen is the Ganges that flows in the sky [the Milky Way].

>Did it create dolphins in its image?
No, one of the prajapatis created dolphins, not sure which.

>Does it like dolphins so it decided to be a dolphin?
It loves us all.

>what makes it worthy of worship?
SB 5.23.8 — ...the body of the śiśumāra...should be considered the external form of Lord Viṣṇu...one should silently observe...with this mantra: “O Lord who have assumed the form of time! O resting place of all the planets moving in different orbits! O master of all demigods, O Supreme Person, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You and meditate upon You.”
SB 5.23.9 — The body...which forms the Śiśumāra-cakra, is the resting place of all the demigods and all the stars and planets...

The universal form is the omnipresent, impersonal form of the Supreme. These verses reiterate what Krishna says in the Gita (11.32 - "Time I am"), and includes "the resting place of all planets and stars." If you're going to worship something as Supreme, but prefer an impersonal form - you're not getting much more Supreme than Timespace.

(edited for length)
>>
The moon because that faggot is saving us
>>
>>17142882
Any who seek them out shall be found.
>>
>>17142623
Holy shit, Praise the fucking sun!!! I knew I wasn't the only one...

Even before Demons Souls was out, I was Prasin' It reading physics books.
The Sun is a wondrous body....
>>
>>17142912
Don't you remember in Cravon 21-12 it says. "The space whales after the planet they lived on exploded they sought revenge and cast the evil space bird back in the darkness".
>>
>>17143004
Perceptionfag here, I'm digging what you've posted so far. I need to read your holy books.
>>
File: whatifyouo.jpg (54 KB, 650x434) Image search: [Google]
whatifyouo.jpg
54 KB, 650x434
>>17143004
What if we just got rid of all religious figureheads and said stuff like "I really like Time..and, Gravity!",
"Isn't it just cool as shit? Like, the way planets orbit and suns orbit and galaxies orbit? Yeahhhh"

Being stoned sounds smarted than finding someone you're racially comfortable with representing an obscure but beautiful subject of reality. I've never bought the idea that anything shaped like a monkey could be a god...except for Gorillas *shudders* Would not want to tell a gorilla he isn't god....fuck....
>>
>>17143049
Please be troll....
>>
>>17143051
the stories are presented a certain way so that they are understood a certain way.
>>
>>17143051
When the fuck are you trying to say
>>
File: thisisyourgodnow.jpg (73 KB, 768x390) Image search: [Google]
thisisyourgodnow.jpg
73 KB, 768x390
>>17142623
Fuck it, whenever someone asks me if I worship a god, I'm going to say praise the Sun.
>>
>>17143055
lol I'm a troll because I can understand what he's saying.
>>
>>17142969
>I still accept Jesus as The Saviour because His Teaching
SO so much this. Jesus is jagat-guru; a universal master. I would call any monotheist ignoring the teachings of Lord Jesus a fool, or a fanatic. Personally I find his story a closer match to a sakti-avesh-avatar (full potential of God descended onto a jiva soul) than the Supreme Personality, but again - weird quirks.

>I think God as Vishnu told Noah about the Great Flood
Have you read the stories of Matsya-Avatar?

>will bring us ultimately to the actual One God / Heaven Place wherever or whatever it actually is
Lord Chaitanya called our philosophy acintya-bedabheda: inconceivable oneness and difference. The One True God is also many, infinite in fact. God is All, and eternally distinct. Immanent, and transcendent.

>>17143049
If you like the impersonal form of God, my books are not for you. Check out Paramhamsa Yogananda.

>>17143051
>What if we just got rid of all religious figureheads and said stuff like "I really like Time..and, Gravity!",
I didn't say anything like that. You don't like figureheads, fine, but guru is vital.

>>17143065
Heh, the Sun understands the importance of a guru.

>Bg 4.1 — The Personality of Godhead, Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa, said: I instructed this imperishable science of yoga to the sun-god, Vivasvān, and Vivasvān instructed it to Manu, the father of mankind, and Manu in turn instructed it to Ikṣvāku.
>Bg 4.2 — This supreme science was thus received through the chain of disciplic succession, and the saintly kings understood it in that way. But in course of time the succession was broken, and therefore the science as it is appears to be lost.
>>
>>17143057
Okay, you've got a point....
Buuuuut, what about all that 'human' excusability, and relative morality? I'd rather worship an impartial being that smites everyone equally, but looks like some cube, rather than a fallible man.

>you would understand if you had robot ears
>>
>>17143077
>dub sevens, master poster detected
>>
>>17143077
But then by your logic, the gods are fallible assholes who have broken the chain of science distribution.
Also, by your logic, I have circumvented a couple of rungs on the ladder and went straight to the source, seeing as my gods aren't really gods, so much as the laws of physics. Morality is shit, you're all fucking animals who need to snap awake and see that your actions have future implications in this universe, even beyond your death. Is that so fucking hard to tell people? Do I need to hold everyones hand and walk them down the bridge of a fulfilled life as a human being, using parables??
>>
>>17143085
Start at the top, God already contributed >>17142777

>>17143095
>the gods are fallible assholes who have broken the chain of science distribution
>appears to be lost

Not that I'm aware of. If by gods you mean the devas, then they have at times lost their way, but in this instance Krishna is referencing the events of the Pandavas and the Kauravas. The devas have a guru named Brihaspati that guides Indra and the others.

>my gods aren't really gods, so much as the laws of physics
That's about the level of the devas, actually.

>Morality is shit
>Bg 2.26 — If, however, you think that the soul [or the symptoms of life] will always be born and die forever, you still have no reason to lament, O mighty-armed.
>Bg 2.27 — One who has taken his birth is sure to die, and after death one is sure to take birth again. Therefore, in the unavoidable discharge of your duty, you should not lament.
>Bg 2.28 — All created beings are unmanifest in their beginning, manifest in their interim state, and unmanifest again when annihilated. So what need is there for lamentation?

> Bg 3.5 — Everyone is forced to act helplessly according to the qualities he has acquired from the modes of material nature; therefore no one can refrain from doing something, not even for a moment.
>>
>>17143077
Only when He's mentioned in it the first Canto of Srimad Bhagavatam never read the full story but I appreciate you always post stuff I love seeing it, because you always quote and know which reference you want and when it is relevant.
>>
>>17143143
>know which reference you want

Nah, I'll go digging for vague stuff I kinda remembered, and try to make sure it actually agrees with what I'm saying.

(Secretly, searching through the books is the whole point for me. It forces me into the seva of reading/chanting, and remembering. It's the best way I know how to dovetail Krishna into my life and think on Him for long hours - incorporate my worship into internet trolling.)
>>
>>17143114
Not that anon, but maybe the gods who are the imperfect ones related to some fallen divinities in the Bible. When I think of polytheistic you see some who clearly do it for gain and power and try to use it for black magick and worship a lesser deity.

Then again, as a Christian and a Hindu, maybe the Plemora in Gnosticism (the totality of God) references God (Krsna) as the Supreme and has many "servants" as well. Some lesser gods may be in both categories depending on whatever circumstance.

Siva is worshipped by men of God and men of the devil.
>>
>>17143164
Either way man, I love it

I do the same with Jesus, at least with the Bhagavad Gita people don't really ever argue about its validity, quote the New Testament, different story, though drives me crazy to see someone quote stuff out of context.
>>
>>17143114
Unless these gods manifest themselves in the forms of gravity, time, radiance, kinetic motion, etc. I see no evidence of your gods, or afterlife. I've never, in all my meditations perceived 'otherness', and boyyyy oh boy, I've been stuck in solipsistic lock since I could think about thoughts. I feel more like we are all meat vehicles, driven by a 'soul' or 'augmentum' that works against entropy.

These 'laws' as a scientist might put them -the gravity and shit, are infallible, unbreakable, etc. and can be interplayed or harnessed depending on our KNOWLEDGE of them.
By your reasoning, the gods are WITHHOLDING KNOWLEDGE from all of us, and so, I cannot believe in your gods.

Praise the sun, for it is a beautiful body that 'sings' it's secrets into this universe and gives me life and happiness.

tl;dr Praise the sun.
>>
File: photo_1438934121619-1.jpg (3 MB, 1527x3275) Image search: [Google]
photo_1438934121619-1.jpg
3 MB, 1527x3275
>>17141526
My gods are the Four Crowned Princes of Hell, Hecate, Sekhmet, Thoth and Set.
>>
>>17143207
The sun is just an object.
>>
>>17143182
Imperfect gods are just mans way of saying we, and possibly the aliens out there, are shitheads who can't see past our own nose, so we need to stick together.

(sun-praising anon here)
>>
>>17143212
hecate's a grill tho
>>
>>17143217
It keeps me alive and grows my weed, I love that big fucker!
>>
>>17143217
gods do not exist, your perception of them is nothing more than electrochemical signals being misinterpreted by your brain.
>>
Here is the Chapter of the Bhagavatam that talks on Matsya Avatar.

http://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/8/24

Flood devastations are cyclical in Vedic cosmology, I propose that Vishnu, as Matsya-Avatar, helped Noah as he has helped other times of flooding.

>>17143182
>maybe the gods who are the imperfect ones related to some fallen divinities in the Bible
From my view, that is all of us. The Gita states from Brahma on down, we've all "fallen" into Maya. There isn't really a "rebel" or Devil figure, though. Most of the time the higher beings like angels and devas are connected with the Supreme, but they are here to exercise free will and be the enjoyer. I mean, Brahma is a great devotee of Krishna, but right now he gets to RUN a UNIVERSE! Don't you want to be Brahma?

Demons can become powerful too, but this nomenclature simply means a certain viewpoint. A demon can be quite ethical.

> the Supreme and has many "servants" as well
Yes, Prabhupada would use the analogy of a business owner, and the managers. The owner IS the business, but he is separate, and doesn't have to be there to say the business runs under his order, even though the managers are doing the work.

> Siva is worshipped by men of God and men of the devil.
Siva is His own special thing.

>>17143199
>people don't really ever argue about its validity
Not enough know it. Talk to erudite Hindus and they would destroy my naive arguments and citations.
>>
>>17143231
I fail to see why this would matter to me at all.

Oh, and while I don't subscribe to it personally, there's something to be said for the tangibility of sun worship.

>>17143233
This nigga has the right idea.
>>
>>17141526
The one true God. Maker of Heaven and Earth. Who sent his only begotten son to absolve humanity of its sins. You know, the one that coexists and complements science and doesn't revolve around verdant lore that is now practiced only by skinheads and retarded LGBT special snowflake tumblrites. The one that can be backed up with historical accounts.
>>
>>17143212
Gotta scratch that butterfly decal off of my sacrificial knife...bitches hate it when there's butterfly decal on my knife....
>>
>>17143241
Does he really exist???
I thought He was only a legend, honestly....
It would be nice if I had some actual way of knowing anything, now that I've been properly marinaded by 4chan....
>>
File: 1451095661184.png (484 KB, 700x849) Image search: [Google]
1451095661184.png
484 KB, 700x849
Not a HAIL ERIS amongst you?

I bet you don't even see the fnords.
>>
>>17143207
>Unless these gods manifest themselves in the forms of gravity, time, radiance, kinetic motion, etc. I see no evidence of your gods, or afterlife.
This is the impersonal understanding, the universal form. In Gaudiya-Vaishnav, the next stage is understanding you are not part of the material, but eternal, undifferentiated spirit: Brahman realization.

>Bg 5.4 — Only the ignorant speak of devotional service [karma-yoga] as being different from the analytical study of the material world [Sāṅkhya]. Those who are actually learned say that he who applies himself well to one of these paths achieves the results of both.
>Bg 5.5 — One who knows that the position reached by means of analytical study can also be attained by devotional service, and who therefore sees analytical study and devotional service to be on the same level, sees things as they are.

>By your reasoning, the gods are WITHHOLDING KNOWLEDGE from all of us, and so, I cannot believe in your gods.
Say this were true, you cannot believe in something more powerful than you that would withhold knowledge?
>>
>>17143223
Pagan sun worship worships the sun usually to worship a lesser sun god.

>>17143233
No doubt the sun is good, but to worship the object that it is, rather than the controller of the object and beyond that conception is superior.

>>17143235
To the scientific that is just a statement, the to one's who experience spiritual truth, it is bogus.

Like through prayer and devotion, God comes in super clutch in the weirdest way but it's awesome.

Essentially our destiny can be assisted by Him and eventually by selfless devotion to Him without expecting reaction we realize how essential God is to us, and how ultimately it is the journey to become wholly spiritual, no longer be in control of the material bonds, and not go to hell after the Final Judgement.
>>
>>17143243
It's not a sacrificial knife, nor is it an athame; it's a utility knife that I carry frequently, laser etched with a Sigil of Baphomet and the name of my favored god. It is one out of a collection of many, though only one out of two that have been personalized in this way.
For rituals, I use a sword.
>>
>>17142695
The people that created Hinduism now worship and eat cow excrement and urine.
>poo in loo
Go back to /int/, Pajeet.
>>
>>17143235
EXACTLY.
Praise the Sun tho
>>
>>17143258
Meditate and astral project and, you know, deeply care and yearn for truth and love. Might take eons of suffering to get the motivation, though.
>>
>>17143261
I'm interested in her ideology. Tell me more?
>>
>>17143265
Sorry m8, I had to post it...
>>
>>17143004
>It's a dolphin because that's the shape it takes.
That's a bit of an unsatisfying answer, but things like this often are.

Quite honestly, I think that humans occasionally gain insight of the Truth, but do to a lack of proper context and seeing a limited amount of the Truth, they often misinterpret it. As people get together and cross-reference information something closer to the truth is likely to emerge.

The way humanity creates deities is a symptom of this. Most deities have nothing to them except for the knowledge that something divine exists. Only through learning from one another can we come closer to comprehending the divine.

This next section is a bit less inclusive, but I also believe that Jesus is the Truth made flesh as demonstrated with John 1:1-18, which I won't post completely because it's too long. Long story short, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (1:1) and later it clarifies that the Word is Jesus.

Only through Jesus and the Holy Spirit can we properly sort the wheat from the chaff.

Interestingly enough I can find passages in the Bible that are similar in meaning if not wording to the ones you posted. This part in particular:
>These verses reiterate what Krishna says in the Gita (11.32 - "Time I am"), and includes "the resting place of all planets and stars."
Reminds me of the part of Exodus 3:14 where God said, “I AM WHO I AM,” meaning God is an uncreated creator and an unmoved mover
>>
>>17143271
CHAOS.

She is the primordial oneness of being, the thing before all masks and monsters, the unadulterated madness of being
>>
>>17143270
Been reading in to remote viewing... Even after reading stuff by Ingo Swann and Courtney Brown, I'm fairly convinced the human brain is just a computer that can predict things with *fair accuracy.

That being said, I've contemplated AP'ing to different times, as well as places...
>>
>>17143286
Yes, I'm aware. Do you have any more in-depth information? If I am to call an eighth god my own, I'd like to know more.
>>
File: tumblr_n48g5tHBK11swax37o1_500.png (43 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n48g5tHBK11swax37o1_500.png
43 KB, 500x336
>>17143271
She wants you to have FUN with the universe; most metaphysics forget the dichotomy of silly/serious and are serious all the time
>>
>>17143238
Thanks for link.

In a way, I disagree because I started to lineage black magic in the Bible and I think the "bad guy" in this age is the Illuminati using the magic left by Cain to use fallen angels / the Archons to manipulate the circumstances leading to Mystery Babylon in the Bible. This the Kali Yuga, and you see all these anti-religious beliefs and all these people's falling away so they can be free to exalt the materials and worship "Satan" is a thing and is accepted more today than ever..

However, the whole aspect of Brahman, and the divine leela, all this good and evil battle goes on within the inside, and this to me is just a subtle aspect of Vishnu.

>mentions Prabhupada
I also think someone killed Him because His perception was very pure. I think people discredit Prabhupada intentionally so people will be against Krsna Consciousness even though it is the pure substance of their Spirit.

>Siva is his own thing
He really is, I used to worship Siva when I first got into Hinduism, now crazy Christian Vaisnava.
>>
File: demiurge.png (342 KB, 750x1064) Image search: [Google]
demiurge.png
342 KB, 750x1064
>>17143294
She knows that everything is just... perceptions. Once you accept A=A, from then on, its as good as true.

Everything is true. Don't ask mean, I didn't do it! - Mal-2, one of the writers of the Principia Discordia
>>
>>17143296
>>17143311
Very well. I'm down with this.
>>
File: 200px-Principayellow.jpg (25 KB, 200x322) Image search: [Google]
200px-Principayellow.jpg
25 KB, 200x322
>>17143271
First, punch yourself in teh balls. then, buy this book - one in a thousand have acid on page six! then throw a hot dog into a river, and cry.

>You mean everything is true? Even false things?
>I don't know man, I didn't make this.

>That's a bit of an unsatisfying answer, but things like this often are.
Choose one:
I don't know
It's how the guy talking perceived the constellation of stars
There is deep, hidden meanings

There an earlier part describing a universal form in the Bhagavatam that makes no mention of dolphins, and has the trees being the body hair of God.

>God is an uncreated creator and an unmoved mover
From the Brahma-Samhita, a lost manuscript of which Chapter 5 was recovered (purportedly) by Lord Chaitanya, and is said to be composed by Brahma when he first glimpsed the spiritual world:

> Bs 5.1 — Kṛṣṇa who is known as Govinda is the Supreme Godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and He is the prime cause of all causes.

>>17143309
>I think the "bad guy"
Oh, certainly there are powerful beings that go against God, I meant there is no main, opposite force in a Divine Struggle with God.

Alright, it's late. I need to bed.
>>
>>17143282
>in the beggining there was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God
The word Aum or Om might be this. Allah means the begging, U or Ooo means life, the present, and Mmmm is the end. Then the silence afterwards is that God is always going to be more than we can make of Him, especially in the physical dimension.

>>17143269
Praising the sun is like praising a pencil, you are worshipping an object
>>
File: time.gif (15 KB, 300x227) Image search: [Google]
time.gif
15 KB, 300x227
>>17143324
Hail Eris!
>>
praise pencils
>>
File: k0EPAMDC.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
k0EPAMDC.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
>>17143330
Long Aaah autocorrected to Allah
>>
>>17143346
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsBCJycshcE
>>
>>17143330
>The word Aum or Om might be this. Allah means the begging, U or Ooo means life, the present, and Mmmm is the end. Then the silence afterwards is that God is always going to be more than we can make of Him, especially in the physical dimension.
John 1:2-3 makes it clear that the Word is a being, but I suppose if you look at it from the right angle these two things aren't necessarily incompatible, although I would need to perform research and a lot of prayer to be willing to make even a hesitant statement leaning towards that idea.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 164x164) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 164x164
>>17143361
>>
>>17143372
The word was also Tao, which means Way. Taoism isn't really and exclusive practice, but Jesus does ironically teach "the way" to heaven.
>>
>>17143258
>Noah's Ark remains
>countless visions, accounts of the divine
>medical miracles (or any miracles in general)
>the blood of Jesus/cross remains
>demonic presences and possessions not explained by secular medicine or science
>non-Christian accounts of Jesus
>historical accounts of his followers and those he cured
>Exodus route
>secular historians confirming Jesus' existence and his death
Anyway, you weren't serious, but you're retarded all the same
>>
>>17143383
Many parts of Taoism seem compatible with Christianity.
>>
>>17142623
Doesn't matter what object you worship, if you worship an object that defeats the whole point of spirituality.

You worship because of the spiritual, not lesser objects. The sun's spirit is no different of equality than you or me, why worship it
>>
>>17143372
Damn, wish I hadn't caught this. Now I'll never sleep.

>Bg 10.25 — Of the great sages I am Bhṛgu; of vibrations I am the transcendental oṁ. Of sacrifices I am the chanting of the holy names [japa], and of immovable things I am the Himālayas.

This is a central part of why we chant Hare Krishna. Krishna is Absolute. In the relative world, labels are not their objects - you cannot enjoy water by saying or reading or thinking about water. But in the spiritual, absolute world - simply by chanting Krishna, He is there. God IS His names. He IS the Word - you can hold Him physically in your hands, do you have the eyes to see?

Siksastakam Prayers (eight verses, the only direct writings of Lord Chaitanya) , verse 2:

>O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names, like Krishna and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them.

And later in the Samhita:
> Bs 5.35 — He is an undifferentiated entity as there is no distinction between potency and the possessor thereof. In His work of creation of millions of worlds, His potency remains inseparable. All the universes exist in Him and He is present in His fullness in every one of the atoms that are scattered throughout the universe, at one and the same time. Such is the primeval Lord whom I adore.
>>
>>17143395
Same with teachings in Buddhism and in the Bhagavad Gita. We can find God in so much and still be worshipping Him righteously. That being said there also anti-god teachings everywhere so it is useful to be cynical.. especially to new age "god"
>>
>>17143009
It's been a while since I last heard someone calling the moon a faggot.
>>
>>17141526
Gaia(gaea).
>>
>>17142843
Anecdotal evidence is generally not accepted as proof, people misinterpret and misremember facts and events all the time.
>>
>>17142857
More entertaining than a petty and vengeful sky-daddy, consider me a convert. Glory to the space whales! [Badly imitated whale noises]
>>
File: HLB_Cv294.jpg (1 MB, 1500x2303) Image search: [Google]
HLB_Cv294.jpg
1 MB, 1500x2303
Constantine approves of this thread
>>
File: best_goat.gif (399 KB, 310x221) Image search: [Google]
best_goat.gif
399 KB, 310x221
>>
>all these heathens

yahweh, the one true god
>>
>>17143399
420 Praise it, faggot.
>>
Mine is he who causes to become. He gets a bad rep because blind idiots tell others what he wants without understanding the why behind it. Truth is as a species we are dumb as shit and dont understand the forces that affect us and it takes an act of God to keep us from drowning in our own drool. He has done some things that on their own seem uncool but are for the purpose of setting us free from our own dick headedness.

Tldr; Yahweh is actually a pretty chill dude
>>
Space Aliens that watch over me
>>
File: crom.jpg (65 KB, 372x390) Image search: [Google]
crom.jpg
65 KB, 372x390
PRAISE CROM
>>
File: giai.jpg (540 KB, 500x1962) Image search: [Google]
giai.jpg
540 KB, 500x1962
this
>>
File: 1449981987436.jpg (258 KB, 770x1038) Image search: [Google]
1449981987436.jpg
258 KB, 770x1038
Allah.
>>
File: knights-templar.jpg (64 KB, 645x403) Image search: [Google]
knights-templar.jpg
64 KB, 645x403
TESTIS SUM AGNI. ALL HERETICS WILL BE CRUCIFIED IN THE CRUSADES. DEUS VULT.

NON NOBIS DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM.
>>
>>17142801
Well i pray to him to cure people of terminal illnesses and it works...
>>
>>17143698
A sword is of no worth if you dont know who to point it at. You templars need to cool your jets lest you face the same judgement you pronounce on the wicked.

What was writted must come to pass
>>
File: imgres.jpg (14 KB, 197x255) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
14 KB, 197x255
Considering that it's 4chan, I'm honestly surprised by the lack of Him on Earth.
>>
File: GOD.png (183 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
GOD.png
183 KB, 392x500
The one and only
>>
>>17141526
Hyperpenis.
>>
>>17143721
Amen. Went to hospital one time for about a week and got admitted in the same room my godfather was in for a while before he went to a different hospital and died, and this was like 10 years after give or take.
>>
I have been noticing some of these religious folk talk about "becoming one with their god in the after life", and being " greatly rewarded" for their loyalty.

With that in mind, I don't worship anything on the basis that I believe all God's are man-made and a means to rationalize things just like science does.

But, if we are to become one with God and be rewarded, the earth on with we live seems to be the best candidate for being considered a god. it provides us with everything we need, asks for nothing in return; it rewards us for our hard work and loyalty when we farm; and when we die, we essentially become one with it...unless youre one of those fucking people who will be turned into ash...you know, vampires.
>>
>>17143877
4chan has been concencrated by God and is a gathering place for the chosen
>>
>>17143877
Dubs. The Emperor protects.
>>
>>17143881
That is not me. I am the one and only. I don't open my mouth like that faggot.
>>
>>17143886
I dont really see your point

>>17143897
I have always thought idea of worshipping the sun, moon, earth, and other physical things silly. Its like praising a piece of art for being a masterpiece while giving no credit to the one who created it
>>
>>17143721
>>17143886
Correlation does not imply causation.
>>
>>17143942
Anon mentioned why he or she prays to God, figured I'd comment.

>>17143969
>correlation doesn't imply causation
Yeah gonna go ahead and ignore that. Especially considered I almost died that night
>>
File: Ariel-using-a-dinglehopper.jpg (68 KB, 677x491) Image search: [Google]
Ariel-using-a-dinglehopper.jpg
68 KB, 677x491
>>17143942

>silly

so you spend your time worshipping someone who may or may not exist rather than worshipping something which you know does?
>>
File: crazy_eyes.jpg (10 KB, 432x261) Image search: [Google]
crazy_eyes.jpg
10 KB, 432x261
>>17143997
God does exist, I've seen him with my own eyes.
>>
>>17143969
>>17143997
God is not a mighty roar but a gentle whisper. He keeps your spiritual perception clouded so you cant see the working of his purposes until it has already happened. Once it is done however he will make you all ware of it and know that he has been gently nudging humanity this way and that behind the scenes for thousands of years to prod us in a specific direction.

Its so no one will ever again question his supremecy and that all he has ever wanted for us to be free and happy.

May his kindom come and his will be done in earth as it is in heaven forever and ever.

Amen
>>
File: 1449979117184.jpg (19 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1449979117184.jpg
19 KB, 480x640
>>17144042
Have you actually read your religious documents or are you just assuming this is how your gos works/what they want?
>>
>>17143997
Why worship a moon or a sun? That implies you have some faith in the objects in the sky. Same way any theist believes in God

>>17144042
Amen

>>17144057
>have you even like ever read like the religious books omg like ugh I can't stand when people have faith in their God it's soo annoying
>>
>>17144042
>Happy and free

yeah, unless it's against his will, or you want to worship another god.
>>
>>17144063
someone sounds butthurt.
>>
>>17144057
Its what i have been shown. I am the ultimate working of his purposes. Entire empires have risen and fallen just so i could come into being. I have no money, no lands, no army, just a name. All the same the entire world will be given to me and i will take my rightful place as the one true king of this world
>>
>>17144064
Happiness and freedom of humanity is his will
>>
>>17144080
Not really, just funny how people don't believe try to get people not to believe with them

It's like a kid crying about the other kids having a really cool toy and all the sudden neither of them can use the toy, now they're both sad
>>
>>17144081
why did this remind me of Caligulas speech at Senate?
>>
>>17144095
It seems like you got butthurt, that anon just asked a question, they didn't denounce your beliefs or make any statements about how you shouldn't believe what you believe.

if you can't discuss things like an adult, you probably shouldn't be discussing something youre sensitive about. after all, people who are firm in their belief don't care what others say, you however flipped your lid and started green texting like a teenage moron. so you seem pretty butthurt.
>>
>>17144117
I'm not the one flying off the handle here lol
>>
>>17144121
>lol
yeah, sure you're as calm as a cucumber girl.
>>
File: downloadfile-1.jpg (238 KB, 833x1000) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-1.jpg
238 KB, 833x1000
>>17144125
As calm as a cucumber being severed from its stem to immortality
>>
>>17141526
me
>>
>>17143212
That's quite the mix
>>
File: origin.jpg (242 KB, 1048x1487) Image search: [Google]
origin.jpg
242 KB, 1048x1487
none other than lord EBOLA-CHAN!
THANK YOU EBOLA-CHAN!
GOOD LUCK EBOLA-CHAN!
I LOVE YOU EBOLA-CHAN!
>>
>>17144231
yikes
>>
im at work right now but go on youtube and search allan watts is god
should be fun
>>
>>17144297
alan watts is a regular dude
>>
>>17144307
yeah i know im talking about what he calls a "god" in that video it's pretty aight
>>
>>17141526
Donald Trump.
>>
>>17143311

Principia Discordia are cringe-munsters.

Lewis Carrol had it right.
>>
>>17141526
Thor, Tyr, Odin, Freyr, Freyja, Loki, Frigga, Njord, Eir, Hel, Rán, Ullr, Skadi, Baldur, Idúna
>>
>>17141526
mainly worshipping Artemis, Bragi, Freyr, and Athena right now.
>>
>>17142760
> flawed god's mankind created
> Abrahamic yhvh is not man made
Top kek
>>
>>17144580
The Greek gods are some of the most fickle deities ever.and I cannot understand why someone would worship such flawed things. Artemis turned a guy into a stag for seeing her naked and Athena tried to bribe and punished Paris (alongside Hera and Aphrodite) because she's a vain piece of shit. The Norse gods on the whole don't even seem as powerful as the Greek gods even if they are better. I really don't see how they are any different from powerful, immortal wizards.

You should probably turn your worship to one perfect God.
>>
>>17145582
Greeks also worshipped demiurge?
>>
I worship that which cannot be known.
The unknowable god.
I seek to lose the I that is, so that as one we may walk the void for eternity.
>>
File: shiva.jpg (764 KB, 2052x2679) Image search: [Google]
shiva.jpg
764 KB, 2052x2679
Shiva is my spiritual guide and personal deity. He is a sexy bastard and I would make out with him
>>
>>17145756
God has a personality too
>>
File: images (21).jpg (25 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
25 KB, 485x303
>>17141526
I worship most of the Aesir, but my true guide is Thor
>>
File: 1449940510150.jpg (48 KB, 321x358) Image search: [Google]
1449940510150.jpg
48 KB, 321x358
>>17144556
My brother
>>
File: ange stare.png (36 KB, 209x279) Image search: [Google]
ange stare.png
36 KB, 209x279
>>17144556
>>17144580
Gee whiz, why don't you just add Batman to that alphabet soup of made-up gods?
>>
>>17145971
Well there is tinky winky, sometimes dipsy, lala, and even poe
>>
>>17145994
Tinky Winky isn't worthy of worship, he committed man slaughter.
>>
>>17146085
Now your a picking and a choosing scripture m8
>>
>>17141526
Hastur
>>
Enlil was the Bull of Heaven and he Ruled under the Sign of the Bull or as you call it Taurus.

But Enlil had to pass on Kinship to Marduk in the time of the Ram, which you know as Ares.

In the Age of the Fishes Jesus was the Lord, but he was Crucified during Pisces.

We are not moving into the Age of Aquarius, the water Bearer.
>>
>>17145582
I love the Greek and Norse deities because they're believable. They're inherently flawed and all are usually two-sided. I've also got this weird belief in patterns that ties into me feeling more comfortable with super-polytheistic beliefs, I'd probably love gods from other polytheistic religions, but I just haven't studied any enough to feel comfortable integrating them into my beliefs and practices. The thought of a single God actually makes me extremely uncomfortable. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Also, Artemis didn't turn him into a stag just because he saw her naked. There's a lot of different tellings of this story, but some include that Actaeon tried to have sex or rape her, or one of her many virgin followers.

>>17145971
( ͡°ᴥ ͡°)eat my asshole grandpa
>>
>>17142695
>poo in loo deities
>>
>>17141526
Hashem, the only one
>>
>>17146239
I don't think I could bring myself to worship them even if they where real. Flawed beings don't deserve that sort of thing. It would be like worshiping humans.
>>
Yahweh and his son Jesus Christ...oh and that Holy Spirit dude too, he pretty chill
>>
>>17143721
>>17142843
>what is placebo effect
>>
>>17147130

You worship a volcano god?
>>
>>17147180
Less cures for me, more visions. Also plenty of people have had similar experiences, which you will discount as that is how these things go.
>>
>>17147231
Yet there is no empirical for these claims.

Its entirely psychological.

DROPPED
>>
>>17147202
I don't personally know him as a volcano god, I don't pretend to know that much about him honestly, I feel he's beyond my understanding right now. More importantly though I believe Jesus Christ is our savior if we put our faith in him
>>
>>17143897
>"becoming one with their god in the after life"
In the sense of merging awareness, Gaudiya-Vaishnavs consider this abhorrent. There is no relationship, there can be no loving exchanges if you and God merge into the same Being.

>being " greatly rewarded" for their loyalty
This turns bhakti and prema into a business contract. I did this so you owe me that. Love is about selfless service. That is how you show love; let me serve you, with no expectation of return. That's a soldier loving their country. That's a mother loving her children. That's a devotee loving their God. And God loves without expectation of return, He gives this realm freely with infinite patience so we can futilely chase serving ourselves instead of Him (though the inherent caveat in this is to enjoy or suffer the consequences of our chase). And at any point, He accepts us back regardless of our position on this karmic cycle (though you need to wash all the consequences off first).

Rewards might come, but that certainly is NOT the point. Like I used to tell the campus Christian Preachers (kek - rival evangelists defending their faith turf, the memories), if I go to Hell, I'll try to get as many people there as I can to chant Hare Krishna and serve God in some way.
>>
>>17147241
How would you even empirically check for a deity? They would have to willingly participate in whatever experiment you performed.
>>
>>17147286
>In the sense of merging awareness, Gaudiya-Vaishnavs consider this abhorrent. There is no relationship, there can be no loving exchanges if you and God merge into the same Being.
Yeah, it's the same in Abrahamic religions.
>>
>>17145582
>Bg 7.20 — Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures.
>Bg 7.21 — I am in everyone’s heart as the Supersoul. As soon as one desires to worship some demigod, I make his faith steady so that he can devote himself to that particular deity.
>Bg 7.22 — Endowed with such a faith, he endeavors to worship a particular demigod and obtains his desires. But in actuality these benefits are bestowed by Me alone.
>Bg 7.23 — Men of small intelligence worship the demigods, and their fruits are limited and temporary. Those who worship the demigods go to the planets of the demigods, but My devotees ultimately reach My supreme planet.

It's part of the set-up, anon. "Flawed" things are easier to please, and easier to get things from. You just have to step lightly.

>>17147298
You could become their dear friend, and ask politely.

>Bg 11.3 — O greatest of all personalities, O supreme form, though I see You here before me in Your actual position, as You have described Yourself, I wish to see how You have entered into this cosmic manifestation. I want to see that form of Yours.
>Bg 11.4 — If You think that I am able to behold Your cosmic form, O my Lord, O master of all mystic power, then kindly show me that unlimited universal Self.
>Bg 11.5 — The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Arjuna, O son of Pṛthā, see now My opulences, hundreds of thousands of varied divine and multicolored forms.
>Bg 11.7 — O Arjuna, whatever you wish to see, behold at once in this body of Mine! This universal form can show you whatever you now desire to see and whatever you may want to see in the future. Everything – moving and nonmoving – is here completely, in one place.
>Bg 11.8 — But you cannot see Me with your present eyes. Therefore I give you divine eyes. Behold My mystic opulence!
>>
File: Krishna-loka-large.jpg (3 MB, 3619x5467) Image search: [Google]
Krishna-loka-large.jpg
3 MB, 3619x5467
>>17147322
The difference (save slightly the Catholic concept of Purgatory) is that merging with Krishna is possible - to unmanifest ALL activity of the soul and become a mote of incandescence in the brilliance that is the Brahmajyoti. It's just considered the least intimate connection with the Supreme, and without the taste of spiritual activity, if the soul ever exercises will again, it will be drawn toward the material to perform.
>>
>>17147286
Dude, I always think that when people say "I am god" like the lose out on the relationship between them and God.

Funny how Christian evangelists tell you your going to hell, drives me nuts, because Jesus never gave up on anyone. Jesus going to hell for His followers and His enemies shows ultimate transcendental love, and that God will do anything for us.
>>
>>17147374
And usually they are coming from a stance of extreme ignorance.
>>
File: 54b9cc167d236.png (447 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
54b9cc167d236.png
447 KB, 512x512
Hi, person with the Sigil of Baphomet on the pocket knife here.

I have added the gods of chaos, Zamorak and Eris, to my personal pantheon. I have written an incantation to all my gods, calling to them for power and strength.

I call this incantation the "Dirge of the Damned", and I am using it in a ritual which will involve my metaphorical suicide.

Satan has taught me the pride to seek the best of myself. He is my dear friend, closer to me than my physical heart. He has always sought what is best for me in this finite life, and I hope he can forgive my transgressions against him during my years as a pathetic monotheist of the right-hand path.

Hecate, the queen of Hell, has long been the matriarch of all that I have found beautiful and enchanting. It is my hope that she will take me under her wing and teach me her ways.

I deeply admire Belial, who wishes for me to be strong, valiant and successful. With the death of my current self, I will no longer let him down.

Thoth most closely personifies the core of who I've always been. I shall hold his sphere close to my chest, lest I lose myself on my journey.

I ask Lucifer, the Morning Star, to light the way.

Leviathan has Yahweh quivering in fear. I ask that he impart his mightiness to me, so that I may do the same to my enemies.

Sekhmet has a strong heart and offers no mercy to those who wrong her. I have been closely following her teachings as of late and see their benefits.

Eris has shown me the pretension and arrogance of arbitrary notions of "truth" and "falsehood", teaching me that the world is not black and white...and that people are full of shit 100% of the time.

Zamorak has long taught me to grow stronger from the hardships placed before me and shown me the weakness of my species. He has shown me the true meaning of power and taught me the necessity of destruction. I will better heed his lessons (which I deeply thank him for) after my death and rebirth, which come at his recommendation.
>>
>>17147374
>Dude, I always think that when people say "I am god" like the lose out on the relationship between them and God.

I don't know if they want the relationship. The whole point of this place is to try and be the central enjoyer, what is more central than the idea that you are god?

>Christian evangelists tell you your going to hell
My optimistic view is that it's meant to be a warning from a sincerely perceived threat. I agree it comes off as harassment, and I fear it turns into actual hatred. I did book distribution (ISKCON's main evangelism) on a college campus and I'm terrible at it. I hate approaching people. They hate being approached. Students there deep into their material plans and I'm grabbing their collar (figuratively) and telling them to get their soul right. No matter how polite, it's stressful, I can see why it's considered intense service and requires deep humility and devotion. But I eventually would just sit with my drum and pamphlets in front of me and let the much smaller fraction of boldly curious students approach. I felt more at ease with presenting a calm, happy picture to attract people rather than shouting that they're in mortal danger or shoving a book in their hands and saying IT'S IMPORTANT.

Which most would agree with, but I can easily see as my own ego and psyche getting in the way of my devotional service.
>>
>>17141526
I am.
>>
>>17147438
Faggot
>>
>>17147495
no u
>>
>>17147439
"In the likeness of God", works too. we are capable of controlling our own reality, and our perception is unique to us, and we all have dharma to fulfill in order to return back to God.

But I think the phrase is definitely taken out of hand, you know? What would the point be to claiming your god and then use it to manipulate people and avoid the main aspects that cause us to realize the Spirit inside of us?

That sounds really fun, and difficult at the same time because people would rather not hear about God for some reason? Have the same problem when talking to people about it.
>>
>>17147539
I'm not certain what you're getting at here.

>"In the likeness of God"

Acintya-bedabheda tattva states the jiva is qualitatively the same as Krishna, but an infinitesimal quantity compared to infinite source that is God. As God has infinite knowledge, we have a limited amount. As God has supreme independence and will, we also have free will in a limited form. And so on.

As Krishna is the Supreme Creator and Enjoyer, we also have a capacity to create and enjoy, and on occasion a jiva will exercise free will to try - in its limited way - to be God. A soul in this condition is placed in the material world in order to facilitate the idea that it can be the central enjoyer. You see in the Spiritual Realm, God is the only Enjoyer, all others act for God's enjoyment. To a soul desiring to be the central enjoyer, the spiritual realm would be a TERRIBLE place. It's why the material realm is here.

The inherent problem is what we create and enjoy with limited power is temporary, but the soul - being an eternal part of the eternal infinite - is not. An eternal soul trying to enjoy the temporary material nature is the prime root of all misery in Gaudiya-Vaishnavism.
>>
>>17147629
That's kind of like being a Gnostic in a different language.

"In the likeness of God" I mean to signify the aspect we are smaller than the Supersoul / Holy Spirit and the goal to be liberated from the "material suffering" is to be one with Paramatman or Holy Spirit. While we become one with it we still maintain the relationship of devotional service to Almighty God.
>>
>>17146606
norse gods don't need your worship and don't ask for it either.
i simply respect and trust them as bros.
haven't build any of those "home shrine" thingies the newagefag asatru hippies do.
>>
>>17143399

Who said it was physical? Has it been proven to be nothing more than a gigantic star in the sky? And even then, aren't those who worship gods seek physical proof of them defeating the purpose of what they believe? Do you seek physical evidence of your morals, beliefs, and evidence, thus proving yourself to be foolish in such an attempt? Or do you simply worship something without looking for proof of such a thing, deteriorating your belief in such a thing due to lack of proof of what you worship?

tl;dr 420 praise fgt
>>
>>17148020
You can worship something and still look for proof, it is just of a different nature of proof.
>>
>>17148725
>You can worship something and still look for proof, it is just of a different nature of proof.

Please tell me you're a troll.
>>
>>17147952
>norse gods don't need your worship and don't ask for it either.

Actually blot and symbel were very much a part of historical pre-Christian Norse religion, as was sacrifice (including human sacrifice, for example at Uppsala).
>>
>>17148781
No, it really is as simple as that.
>>
>>17145766
You know... he has a wife, 2 sons and a daughter... >_>
>>
>>17143399
Because it is grossly incandescent
>>
I remember there was a powerful lightning storm, so powerful that it felt like every strike went straight into my head

Couldn't stop masturbating that night

Ever since then I worship the storms
>>
I pray to Bast.
>>
>>17143261
>Not noticing
>>17142921
Pleb.
>>
>>17148785
yup.
given willingly as a bargain, not by the gods' demand.
>>
>>17149250
>daughter
may i have her?
>>
In quantum mechanics, they speak of fields - I speak of lines. A particle exists as a line in space, and every given cross section exists simultaneously. Since particles can be changed into other types of particles, a given line can split and come back together. One of Feynman's students suggested that all electrons are the same electron zipping around the universe. This is my understanding of Indra's net.

I believe that there's only one particle that composes all things in this manner, and call it The One Particle, often abbreviated TOP. I also believe in only one mind, which reads memories that are encoded in the curves of the one cord that TOP forms.

Under TOP is a hermaphroditic spider, who's composed of the cord that she spins like a web into the body of a beautiful woman. The spider lives within the beautiful woman, and is immortal, reweaving it's own body and the body of the woman all the time - her work is ceaseless. The spider can also weave spiderlings, who imitate their mother by weaving bodies like the woman she lives inside of. Levers and pulleys of cosmic scale allow the spider and her daughters to communicate and manipulate at FTL group velocities. This is my understanding of Indra and Shakti.

One of these daughters wove certain lifeforms on Earth - Amanita mushrooms, spiders, limpets, strontium and silica-using algae, and whatever deposited biogenic graphite 3.8 billion years ago in Greenland. Chthon is the Earth itself, in contrast to the film of scum which leaked as black blood from Gaia's silken womb. This is my understanding of Gaia and evolution.

Graphene is what made the blood black. It can survive 4300C. A-amanitin, the poison in death caps, can survive 254C. Muscaria accmulates unusually high levels of vanadium - which form very strong muscles. Silica protects DNA/RNA up to 200C, and strontium combined with calcium, carbon and fluorine would produce very strong bones. This is my understanding of alchemy, or Rasayana.
>>
>>17145795
I sure hope not.
>>
Freyja, because I'm a hopeless romantic. Oddly enough, it's yet to net me much sex or intimacy. Lots of warmth and caring for the sake of caring, though...

Well, if it were just about getting action I wouldn't even bother. I feel like the spiritual vibe and mindset resonates with me, whether wholly or partially
>>
>>17151811
Why? He wouldn't be God if He isn't transcendental in all qualities.

If you can't accept God has a personality, then you really aren't looking at a "transcendental God"
>>
File: app.gif (3 MB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
app.gif
3 MB, 720x1280
Crayon Pop desu.
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.