[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark retreat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 1411244177062.jpg (89 KB, 940x528) Image search: [Google]
1411244177062.jpg
89 KB, 940x528
Have any of you ever tried a dark retreat (aka dark room therapy or dark room meditation) or know anyone who has? I'm about to do a 10 day dark retreat and I'm curious what to expect. I read that after around 6-7 days the brain starts to produce 5-MeO-DMT and after about 10 days it starts to produce pure DMT and you can talk to spirits and go to the "other side" as some claim. I already did a 24 hour dark room meditation and I started seeing geometrical shapes and amazingly colored lights flashing in front of me when I smoked a little weed. Is this a normal experience to have in a dark room? All the people I've talked to have only had similar experiences from shrooms.
>>
>Posts dickbutt
>wants people to discuss advance mediation technique
>>
>>17140426
What's wrong with dickbutt? Just trying to lighten the mood.
>>
>>17140440
You don't need to be doing this, then. It's serious business.

Some people go crazy from this shit. Most people just give up. You don't need to "lighten the mood".
>>
Reminder that MK-ULTRA did this sort of thing and most of the people involved killed themselves during or soon after the experiments.
>>
>>17140440

12 year old detected
>>
>>17140475
>Reminder that MK-ULTRA did this sort of thing and most of the people involved killed themselves during or soon after the experiments.

The dickbutt pushed them over the edge. With the dick, sticking out of his butt.
>>
>>17140463
I don't see how it that would affect a dark retreat in any way.
>>
How are you going to have 10 days of this?
>>
>>17140607
Shut out all light in my room. Completely covered the window and door so that not even a glimmer gets in. Completely pitch black. When I start tomorrow I'll turn my phone off, unplug the computer and turn off all electronic devices except for an alarm clock which I've covered with enough duct tape that no light comes off it. I know what time it goes off so I just take my supplements and shower after the alarm so I can make sure to do those things everyday. If I really need to smoke some pot during it I have a vape I've covered so no light comes out of it and I can just blindfold myself if I really need to smoke a bowl. I'm not sure if weed is ok to do during one of these but whatever. If I start freaking out and seeing ghosts or some shit I can just turn the light on.
>>
>>17140632

This sounds like the terrible idea of a 15 year old
>>
File: 1439503041720.png (274 KB, 442x448) Image search: [Google]
1439503041720.png
274 KB, 442x448
>>17140632
Are you all neets?

How can you be fackin gone for 10days straight?!
No work???
>>
So why are you doing this, OP?

And what will you gain from this?
>>
>>17140660
I'm in college and yea I don't have school right now.

>>17140653
What makes you say that?
>>
>>17140632
You're gonna need to go to the bathroom you fucking moron
>>
>>17140671
One of my hopes is to get better at lucid dream and astral projection. I also want to speak to my spirit guide and possibly other spirits (friendly ones) that might help me figure some things out with regards to karma, life purpose, things like that. I've also read that the experience is usually very good. People come out feeling refreshed and some people seem to have a new take on life from what I can tell. That sounds like a good thing for me since I've been having anger issues that I'm trying to get over.
>>
>>17140685
Yea I have a bathroom in my room. I can shit, piss and take a shower in the dark. Not that hard.
>>
>>17140632
So you will basically do nothing at all during these 10 days? No music? Just sit or lie down and think?
>>
>>17140632

Out of curiosity, how much are you able to see? I've always thought the eye needs some amount of light to see, so without any sort of light leak you'd be in total darkness.

The eyes and biological process of light is a really interesting thing. In contrast to OP's plan, flooding oir eyes with specific wavelengths of various colors can cause both emotional and physical reactions in the body.
>>
>>17140842
I have an ipod shuffle that emits no light so I'll listen to a little music. Also, the increased melatonin in my system will probably just make me sleep more. That's what happened for the 24 hour one I did. I can also smoke and being high is just fun by itself. But the main thing I should try to focus on is meditating. Hopefully this helps clear my mind to do so.
>>
>>17140913
I won't be able to see. Totally blind. Zero light. Here's some links I should've posted already.

http://humansarefree.com/2015/07/dark-room-meditation-for-accessing.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_retreat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhikzbGop20

Eventually I'll get up to 49 days. This is my first real try longer than a day so I didn't want to get too crazy and do all 14 days it takes to get the full effect. So with 10 I think I'll still be able to feel something and maybe learn from the experience to ready me for the 14 day experience (full DMT in the system is the claim).
>>
File: 1449384358805.jpg (120 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449384358805.jpg
120 KB, 500x500
>>17140417

>alone in a dark room for 10 days

Must be nice when mom and dad pay your bills so you can wander off and be a retard for over a week. Just make sure you let them know you're doing super serious spiritual stuff and not to bother you for dinner.
>>
>>17140983
I got the GI bill and money in the bank nigga. That's why I can go to college with no job.
>>
>>17141076
me too.
>>
>>17140968
watched the vid, seems pretty tough to hold out for 10 days, of course i have no discipline so thats probably why
>>
>>17141080
I can get control of my feelings enough to make sure I don't do anything too weird. If I start feeling really bad I can just smoke and that will almost definitely make me pass out and I'd just wake back up in darkness some time later. The only thing I'm worried about is if the experience becomes visual as many claim. That's probably more past 10 days before that seems to happen to most people though.
>>
>dickbutt
>dickbutt

Well, we know what OP will be doing those ten days in the dark
>>
Before rituals I do I always take a shower in pitch blackness. Granted I've been meditating and working on visualizations for a long time, even with just being in absolute darkness for 20 minutes it becomes pretty easy to project my visualizations into the darkness with my eyes open. Good luck OP one day I would love to do this except with a truly tremendous about of datura at the last three days. I'll wager you will begin to see things at the end of the first day. How much bud are you bringing in with you ?
>>
>>17141161
If I may also make a suggestion try taking mandrake root and mugwort. Mandrake is a deleriant not as strong as belladonna and datura that has been used by witches to increase astral sight. Try looking up experience reports on erowid. Mugwort is supposed to help with lucid dreaming as well but it's like a light beer version that has very little effect
>>
>>17141161
I have plenty to smoke so that's not an issue. I'm not sure how much I'll even want to smoke after the first few days since I'm expecting to feel different and I might not need it. I just wanted to be able to experiment with weed in the dark. Last time I saw geometrical patterns and that was only 1 day but it only happened when I was high.
>>
>>17141170
I have mugwort and I could smoke it during. Datura sounds very interesting, definitely going to try that out when I can.
>>
File: 1307398719342.jpg (581 KB, 895x1516) Image search: [Google]
1307398719342.jpg
581 KB, 895x1516
>>17141255

It'll cure you of your childish fascination for dickbutt.
>>
>>17140632
>supplements

Seriously man, what the fuck. If your caloric maintenance is around 2500, you'll lose 7lbs and you'll be extremely sick.

How on earth did you think 10 days would be possible? Kids, man.. Jesus christ.
>>
>>17140708
Get a red light, it shouldn't have a negative effect on the meditation. Then you can perform basic tasks easier ie wipe your ass and not have skid marks
>>
>>17140632
Good luck killing yourself homie
>>
You're not ready. You think you're ready but you're not.
>>
>>17141426
sensory deprivation: >use a red light!
>>
>>17143222
he shall see
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.