[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think that if we will be technologically advanced enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Do you think that if we will be technologically advanced enough to be immortal we break the curse of Eden?

>inb4 transhumanist bullshit
>>
>implying being immortal wasn't the curse of Eden
>>
>>17140303
I doubt that you seriously believe in that.
>>
>break the curse of Eden
Uh, you mean having to work for a living?
Because there was plenty of Abrahamic individuals living a fucked up life span despite not being in Eden.
The only thing we were cursed with was not having a free supply of food and the continued knowledge of what being nude means.
We've already managed to defeat shame in a number of aspects at least.
>>
>>17139997
It's hard to brake a curse that never existed.

Immortality is unreachable. Not even the universe will last forever. Energy depletes. Things break down. However, living long enough to watch the last bit of the universes energy be exhausted would be amazing.
>>
>>17139997
Immortal assholes all around.
Great.
>>
>>17140323
I do.

I doubt if you honestly think abputnit youbwould still be immortal.

99 quazillion quazillion years from now you would probably be regretting having imortality
>>
>>17139997
no. heat death is immutable. god's punishment is written for you in the fabric of the universe itself.

the true curse is the fact of your own concupiscence anyway. dying is nothing compared to the fact that concupiscence basically causes you to kill yourself...think of that irony.

but no, you'll die and strive for sin regardless of the era without Christ, because there is no technology to defeat thermodynamics.
>>
File: Durer_SP_1844_Fall.jpg (128 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
Durer_SP_1844_Fall.jpg
128 KB, 460x600
>>17140348
>>17140423
Good points. But let's pretend, altough I don't believe it will be possible, that we can break causality itself. In that case, theoretically, heat death won't be a problem anymore.
>>
>>17139997
All Edens was is man and woman tempted to bang eachother and make kids and they received knowledge too but it was essentially just them making babies.

Making babies means more souls trapped in human bodies me and a cycle of death and rebirth in the physical.

Then one of the first borns on Earth was a murderer.
>>
>>17139997
Totally immortal as in we can NEVER die? No. Biologically? Probably.

>>17140323
>Curse of eden
I don't myself, but I was raised Christian and most of them believe that Adam and Eve were immortal before they ate the apple.

Again, I don't feed into this shit at all... just saying there ARE people who do, and I was actually raised in a relatively tame version of Christianity so I don't even know what the more extreme believers... believe.
>>
>>17140423
>No technology to defeat thermodynamics.

That's a narrow view of technology. And thermodynamics.
>>
curse of eden?
>>
I'll quote you from orthodox dogma and everyone who claims contrary explain me why living forever in such conditions would be hell.

- Humans were kings of the nature/universe everything listened to us by God command.
- Man never stop evolving and approaching God, had the potential to become like God with every second passing.
( becoming by grace what God is by being )
-Man was full of wisdom and cleverness.
- Prophetic charisma
- Man soul was always communicating with God.
- We lacked evilness, we were virtuous, we lacked problems, worries, death, sickness. etc
- Man did not require material food the contemplation of God was enough to sustain all levels of needs.
- Normal states of being were pleasure and happiness.
- Depression over all did not exist as phenomena inside the body.
John Chrysostom (ca. 354-407), Homilies on Genesis
>>
>mfw humans were an experiment gone wrong

I assume that there are humanoids that look exactly like us on other planets, but we're cutoff from communication because humans are unpredictable.
>>
Why did God make Adam and Eve virtuous, if only to tempt them with the serpent, and allow them to fail, and then proceed to curse them for millennia?

I've read the Bible, but God can be a bit of a spiteful cunt sometimes. Love the man and all, but come on bro. Let it go. Did He ever consider that humanity wouldn't have devolved into sin if He specifically didn't organise it? Why did he set us up to fail, and then blame us for the failure? Why did he permit the serpent into the Garden?
>>
>>17143522
i know.
>>
>>17143543
It's an idea that's been mulled over in sci-fi a few times before, but I've always liked the idea that humanity is essentially a macro-scale virus.

Precursors created us. The reason we can't find others species? We're being quarantined/incubated. Another species pisses off the precursors? They arrange for human colony ships to start finding their worlds. Business as usual (we do them what we've done to each other and this planet for millennia).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.