[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is the universe living?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1449368096358.jpg (335 KB, 863x647) Image search: [Google]
1449368096358.jpg
335 KB, 863x647
Is the universe/world real, or is it 'Maya', an illusion? Is it a hologram, or is it actually living?

I can't get past it being an illusion, but living at the same time.

Are we alive?
>>
File: A_sheep_in_the_long_grass.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
A_sheep_in_the_long_grass.jpg
305 KB, 1920x1280
>>17135647
We are really alive, but physical life is nothing in comparison to our spiritual existence.

Maya limits humans beings from the Divine, and does have to do with material objects being a block in our path, for when we focus on the object of desire usually we forget the object of recognizing our Spirit.

Avidya-maya is ignorance that separates man from God, which is an illusive separation. Vidya-maya is the wisdom that allows man to become liberated after eventually joining God in Divine Union.
>>
>>17135647
Even if we were, there's no way you could percieve it.
Even if it were, there's no way you could percieve it.
Stop obsessing about the extremes of existence. Focus on existence itself.
>>
Of course we're alive because our definition of "alive" is bound by the same reality as our life.

Your life is fragile and ephemeral whether it gets erased by the demiurge tripping over his power cord or a pea getting stuck in your windpipe.

The sooner you realize that the sooner you'll be free.
>>
>>17135647
>Bg 13.20 — Material nature and the living entities should be understood to be beginningless. Their transformations and the modes of matter are products of material nature.

Maya and Brahman are BOTH eternal. So what is the difference?

>Bg 2.16 — Those who are seers of the truth have concluded that of the nonexistent [the material body] there is no endurance and of the eternal [the soul] there is no change. This they have concluded by studying the nature of both.

Note the word Prabhupada used as translation for bhavah: endurance. My point is that the difference between spiritual and material is NOT that one is "not real." The difference is that one is TEMPORARY.

The material realm is always in flux, it is always manifesting and unmanifesting. The ILLUSION is that we have anything to do with these changes. We are eternal souls, deluding ourselves into thinking we are material bodies, material minds.

>Bg 2.20 — For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain.
>Bg 13.30 — One who can see that all activities are performed by the body, which is created of material nature, and sees that the self does nothing, actually sees.
>>
>>17135678
I don't get it
>>
>>17135678
That's a shame cause I love vidya game's
>>
we're 20-30 years from having sims type games in which the avatars believe they are real. That would be a great game, right everyone would play it. hundreds of thousands. The VR would be so complete the characters would form religions and question their own existence. Hundreds of thousands would have this game. What are our chances of being the original ? Combined with our knowledge of the unusual nature of reality regarding subatomic structure etc its not far fetched.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.