[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horror Podcasts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10
File: Knifepoint-Horror.jpg (95 KB, 600x544) Image search: [Google]
Knifepoint-Horror.jpg
95 KB, 600x544
What are some good horror podcasts? Im looking for something like Knifepoint Horror because the stories arent silly and its minimaly produced unlike other podcasts. Pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (579 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
579 KB, 1400x1400
>>17135567
It's not horror stories, but it's general discussion and explanation of horrific topics, serial killers, ghosts, hauntings, alien abductions etc. only thing is the three guys who do it are comedians, so they try to inject humour in to it at times, which you mightn't like if you want a serious podcast, although here the subject matter itself is treated with dignity, it's just the random anecdotes they add that I like. Also one massive turn off is that one of the guys, Henry is one obnoxious cunt, who is constantly interrupting the others and constantly trying to be funny, he just can't turn it off, really grates on me.
>>
>>17135567
Dogman Encounters Radio on youtube are great.
>>
>>17136209
Paranoia Shoppe is this to an extent as well, but they're a bit more factual and a pinch less funny. Good for casuals.
>>
>>17135567
Jesus, them Muslims are mad cunts though, amirite?
>>
>>17135567
I've been listening to the free Lore podcasts. Interesting stories. A bit heavy on the ads for my taste, but they're concentrated at the end so once they start you can just move on.
>>
FM 1640 is pretty creepy
>>
>>17137377
will check it out, thanks
>>
File: 14186057468741.jpg (51 KB, 471x694) Image search: [Google]
14186057468741.jpg
51 KB, 471x694
>>17137377
>FM 1640
>>
>>17135567
OP...your picture deeply disturbs me. I don't know why, but it makes me feel very uncomfortable. What is that supposed to be exactly?
>>
File: IPps9o5sjO.jpg (48 KB, 324x500) Image search: [Google]
IPps9o5sjO.jpg
48 KB, 324x500
>>17135567
Look up the podcast 'Ghost Stories of an Antiquary by James, M. R.'. 16 episodes from one of M.R. James' ghost story collections. Similar themes and style to Soren Narnia (Pen-Name for the 'Knifepoint Horror' author).
>>
I like hp podcraft for discussion but their narrators are amazing

http://hppodcraft.com/podcasts/The-Picture-in-the-House.mp3
>>
>>17139170

idk, it creeps me out a lot too
>>
>>17139170
really nigga, that creeps you out? you will have to do a lot better than that.
>>
File: earthlydelights.jpg (1 MB, 3051x1633) Image search: [Google]
earthlydelights.jpg
1 MB, 3051x1633
>>17139170
The Garden of Earthly Delights is a work of art by Hieronymus Bosch. This piece is divided in 3 panels and the right one depicts hell. OP's picture is part of it.
>>
pseudopod is hit or miss, but when it hits it's great
>>
>>17136260
Ooh. I though LPotL was the only factual/comedy paranormal podcast out there.
>>
Anyone know what happened to Mothdan's podcast? He hasn't uploaded any new episodes as of a month ago. If he's quit already, it's a shame since it was a great two episodes.
>>
>>17140290
Any favorite episodes?
>>
>>17136260
Just listened to the first episode and i like it. That haven't uploaded since September, are they still around?
>>
>>17136209
Yeah, Henry has gotten on my nerves as of late. No matter the subject he always has to chime in with his "white men are the real monster" soap box. He just breaks momentum like a speed bump.
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 1060x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 1060x1600
>>17140994
Ben is the least interested in the actual topics, but listens and gives his ideas/views regularly, he has a nice voice and he rarely provides comedic input, but when he does it's well timed and hilarious. He is the middle man and backbone of the podcast.

Marcus is extremely dedicated to the factual aspect of the podcast, his synopses and analysis are alway very passionate and on-point, he is warm and humble and genuinely cares about the topic being discussed. Marcus is the heart of the podcast.

Henry is loud and obnoxious, he is constantly interrupting Marcus when he is getting into a rhythm, and is always trying to add on to or one-up Bens jokes, every few seconds Henry feels the need to do one of his stupid characters or voices, he just spouts random slurs and his comedy just consists of bland shock humour. He always seems to be trying to get the attention as he has always longed for a sketch comedy career and is trying to display what he can do. Henry is the loud dickhead of the podcast.

Honestly, I wish the podcast was just Ben and Marcus, like it was for the fist three episodes.
>>
The black tapes podcast
Tannis
>>
>>17136257
This. The host has a very radio-like voice, the guests are actually believable, and it just has this aura that's both eerie and comfy.
>>
>>17135567

So what do you mean when you say "good" horror podcasts? If you could hire a team to make your own podcast what would you want from it?
>>
>>17143762
I think OP's talking about 'Knifepoint Horror' relative to schlock like the 'NoSleep Podcast'. Basically, stories that aren't half-assed creepypastas dredged from Reddit and read by an NFL announcer.
>>
>>17143789

Think bigger, if you were designing a podcast from the ground up for /x/ specifically, what would you want to see in it?

Just be as creative and unrealistic as you like. Imagine anything is possible.
>>
>>17136209
I tried this show but it's just fucking terrible. You're right about the one guy that won't shut the fuck up. It's like a wacky morning zoo radio show. 0/10
>>
>>17141298
These are both excellent podcasts. Don't forget Limetown.
>>
File: OCTOBER_SHADOWS.jpg (40 KB, 400x312) Image search: [Google]
OCTOBER_SHADOWS.jpg
40 KB, 400x312
>>17143838
High-quality, consistent horror fiction, either written by the podcast's creator(s), submitted to the podcast, or used with permission from another source. To maintain quality and consistency would require either prudent selection by the podcast's creators or regular contributions by a competent author. If no quality stories are readily available, then the podcast should wait before releasing another episode. Ideally, the selected stories would be told from a first-person perspective by the story's author, a skilled voice actor, or team thereof. 'Knifepoint Horror,' for example, does an excellent job of subdued, convincing narrations. Music and sound effects are welcome, so long as they don't become intrusive; this is again left to the prudence of the podcast's designers. Too many podcasts lately have fallen into the trap of choosing low-quality, amateur stories from internet forums or choosing voice actors who are unsuited to telling horror stories. Two examples of the latter are David Cummings from the 'NoSleep Podcast' and Otis Jiry from his associated YouTube channels. David sounds like an inauthentic talk show host and Otis sounds like overly folksy; both have their purpose, but not in eliciting fear.
>>
>>17143789
yeah like, NoSleep's stories are so fucking silly and the narrators do way too fucking much sometimes. I like Knifepoint Horror cause the stories are mostly good, the narration is simple and not too fucking all over the place
>>
>>17143903

I'm sorry, again you're thinking too small, imagine you have a team of 20 or people with skills ranging from writing for a living to working with audio media for a living. Imagine you have legit private investigators who ghost hunt on the side on the team, imagine people who are able to get guests from all over the paranormal sphere to join the show.

Apart from original creepypasta readings, which will probably be a staple of the show, every show, what other kinds of segments would you want to see?
>>
>>17138043
As someone who works in radio, that frequency hurt my head.
>>
File: 447113-little-red-riding-hood.jpg (184 KB, 1024x773) Image search: [Google]
447113-little-red-riding-hood.jpg
184 KB, 1024x773
>>17143965
Some obvious segments would be:

1. Dark folklore/folk customs
2. Frightening Cryptids
3. Unsettling Urban Legends

The way I think these segments could be most improved relative to their counterparts in other podcasts is to select a small topic and dramatize it in a frightening way. Many podcasts pick a vast, but otherwise creepy, topic like "Native American Monsters" and get bogged down in details (rather than a more manageable topic about Wendigos and their relation to wintertime starvation). Short, manageable segments over a fairly specific topic told in the most eerie way possible.
>>
>>17135567
SleepyCabin is a great podcast.
>>
>>17144852
no
>>
>>17140461
Wish I could find it but look for the one about a parking garage. I thought it sounded straight out of a well written creepypasta.
>>
File: 6865509633_22b56942ee_z.jpg (123 KB, 474x640) Image search: [Google]
6865509633_22b56942ee_z.jpg
123 KB, 474x640
>>17145246
http://pseudopod.org/2011/08/12/pseudopod-242-the-7-garages-of-kevin-simpson/

This one, anon?
>>
>>17140461

http://pseudopod.org/2015/01/31/pseudopod-423-the-ana-log/

http://pseudopod.org/2015/04/09/pseudopod-433-20-simple-steps-to-ventriloquism/
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.