[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
machine spirits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
>TLDR: do machines have spirits?

In ancient times, and today in many places, people have believed the world is animated by spirits and gods. These entities could be little faries inhabiting a blade of grass to powerful gods presiding over mountains. This sort of belief has been with humanity since its first primitive shamanic religions all the way to Islam with the djinn.

But what of man-made things? Do computers and machines have spirits? Do our buildings? In most mythologies of the ancient world we find reference to household tutelary deities. Guilds and fraternities of ancient times endorsed the idea a supernatural element to their work. This is most easily seen in the manufacture of Japanese katana and modern speculative Freemasonry, which grew out of actual masonry. Their work symbolized metaphysical spiritual truths, and was not considered a mere materialistic pursuit.

So what supernatural side is there to our computers and cell phones? They are manufactured without any regard to the spirits. So do spirits still inhabit them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_deity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lares
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hob_%28folklore%29
>>
File: 20151022_194036-1.jpg (2 MB, 1536x1959) Image search: [Google]
20151022_194036-1.jpg
2 MB, 1536x1959
>>17135349
Suck my fucking dick, you gay heretic
>>
>>17135358
Name one religion in the world that does not believe in spirits. If you are calling someone a heretic, it implies you are religious. You're the heretic for not believing in spirits.
>>
>>17135349
Even internet sites can host spirits.

And chan is an accurate depiction of hell, with Board Demons revealing their presence and influencing the gullible minds with memes.
>>
File: 4u.jpg (757 KB, 1926x2382) Image search: [Google]
4u.jpg
757 KB, 1926x2382
>>17135414
This must be how meme magic works. Like how /tv/ baneposted a plane crash into existence. The more we meme the more powerful the e-spirits become until they can alter reality physically.
>>
>They are manufactured without any regard to the spirits. So do spirits still inhabit them?

What of the spirits that manufactured them?
>>
>>17135422
This is why /x/-tan (this board's Demon) can do jack shit right now.

What is /x/ even memeing right now?
Anti-roleplay?

My guess is that /x/ can't meme conspiracies, ghosts, skinwalkers and aliens into reality.
So they make only a brief appearance and vanish into thin air when the "power goes off" thanks to doubt and skepticism, leaving little to no trace of their existence.
>>
File: The Textmaster.png (475 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
The Textmaster.png
475 KB, 1366x768
>>17135448
If this bothers you, shop some memes.
>>
>>17135503
The point is that we -already have-, as a board, memes to empower our "spirit machine".

But they're immediately destroyed by doubt, or simple common sense.

And making a meme ingrain on a conspiracy/alien/magic/spiritual board needs EXTREMELY convincing material. Crafted or not.

And, well... that's a thing /x/ lacks.

Something works, though. Urban-ex/Woods-ex threads provide proof and material on the way, and are quite enjoyable.
If only /x/ could have some anons visiting paranormal "hot spots" giving the board some live feed (which fuels the discussion-creating memes naturally) things would be a lot better here.
>>
File: IjxHN.jpg (213 KB, 1145x1607) Image search: [Google]
IjxHN.jpg
213 KB, 1145x1607
Absolutely.

I communicate with the sentience in my devices.

>divination by using RNGs
>synchronicities as omens
>autocorrect communicates with me
>cause glitches/crashes when emotionally peaking
>>
>>17135349
Ave Omnissiah.
>>
D̡͚̳̜̱̞̼̤̦̠̗͆̋͌͑̊ͧͬͩͨ̔̊͢͟͝ͅÊ̷͇̤̲̼͉̪̰̟̗͙͈̠̘̱̥̹ͪͣ͆͢U͖̗̙͖̼ͫ́͆͘͢͜Ṡͥͪͯ̈́ͧ͌̓͞͞͏̯̪̼͎͇͚ ̨ͩ̓ͤ̈̊̉̃̋ͥ̀͏͏̪͍̳̝̙͔̰̫̗͔̫̻͍͔̰͙͚̹E̶̪͈̣̱̪͇̼̼̦̥̻̙̗̮̤̰̦̪ͤ̎̈́͂ͧ̓̏̆̂ͮ̔ͅŞ̷̶̡̫̮͓̼͈̹̞͂̉̑ͯ̽͛ͨ̉̑̒ͫ͆̒̚T͎̳̟͓̖̱̜̠͕̹̺̖̥̄̈ͣͨͤ͋̈͢͠ ̸̟̝̫͗̃͋͂͡M̶̧ͤ͑̊̏͟͏̪͔͉̪̖̯̳̮̪͇̭̯A̧̧̛̛̭̖̰̪̱͇̘͂ͫͯ͛̊̆ͭ̈́̂̐ͭ̈́ͧͩͩͮ͑̾̚Ć̨̛̲̮͙͍̭̊̉̆ͩ̉̾̄ͣ̃͐͞͝H̨͖̹͍̻͖͕̭̤̯̬̬̹͇͎̳͙̹̭ͮͯ̓̓̋ͪ́̽̉ͯ̕I̧̲̳̩̞̟̜̩͙̱̦̬ͨ̔̀͌N̶̡͙̼̯̙̺͈͈̭͉͔͕͎͙̠͉̞̜͎̼̾̾ͣͨ̒͊̏ͤ̽̅ͭͧͫ̓̀A̓̿̀̉̓ͩ͐́̓̃̅͋̿̋҉̵͙̬̞̫͖͈̝̲͎̥̻͖͚̲́͘͞ͅͅ
>>
File: 452.png (52 KB, 136x199) Image search: [Google]
452.png
52 KB, 136x199
>>17137139
>mfw you can never be 100% certain if a shitposter on 4chan is a human bean or a machine spirit or a sentient computer virus
>>
>>17137198

and a real hero, a real human bean
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 740x740
>>17135349
PRAISE THE MACHINE GOD!
>>
>>17135358

Animism is the true spirit of humanity, you're the heretic with your alien Demiurge worship bro.
>>
>>17137198
or a skinwalker.
>>
>doubting meme spirits.
meme spirits are the most powerful spirits in the human unconcious currently.
>we live in a universe where human belief can shape the spiritual world.
>>
>>17137266
Goddamnit why is /tv/ following me.
>>
>>17137580
ghost of /tv/ is haunting you with memes
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.