[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Space Race US Failure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9
So, /x/ obviously likes conspiracy theories, right? Can we discuss something true this time though, that the United States lost the space race against the Soviet Union?

This picture is of the first craft to make a soft lunar landing, It is the Soviet Luna 9 craft, which took photographs of the surface. Have you ever wondered why the Soviets never put a man on the moon? Because they realized nothing was there. Because they weren't morons and knew that there was noting to collect, nothing to see, nothing to bring back. After Sputnik 1, and them sending a man into space first, they realized there was jack all up there. After the pictures taken by the Luna 9 in 1966, they knew it was a pointless endeavor.
>>
It doesn't matter if there's nothing there, it doesn't matter if they flew by and took pictures first, they didn't put a man on the moon.
>>
>>17135139
>Hey guys, I went to this amazing place
>Oh really, what was there, did you bring anything back?
>Rocks?
>Are you retarded? You brought back rocks? Any cool stories at least.
>There was no gravity.
>I went to space, you went to space with rocks and are so much more proud?
>I'm obviously better. Hur dur.

If you go to a barren wasteland, is it better than having pictures? Landing a man on the moon and being proud is like saying its an accomplishment to do something pointless. You could have achieved the same thing by buying a postcard from that pointless place. Obviously not the moon. There are no postcard kiosks on the moon.
>>
>>17135130
It is well known that U.S lost the space race as Soviet got a human into space first but the U.S then just decided that they would win if they put a man on the moon, so you can say that the U.S won the moon race.
It always annoy me that americans claim they won the space race, can we just extend the goal? First man on mars? First colony on another planet?
I first man in space and the moon landing is ofcourse very important historical events but speaking of it like a race which some countries just change the finish line in is silly.
>>
File: 4550zz3423423445.jpg (38 KB, 450x376) Image search: [Google]
4550zz3423423445.jpg
38 KB, 450x376
>>17135147
>There was no gravity.

You experience gravity everywhere, usually referred to as 'micro-gravity' when in free-fall situations but it's there. More important on the moon you have enough gravity to keep you pinned to the surface.
>>
>>17135147
you're a retard and don't understand what the stakes were at the time
this is why people don't take /x/ seriously
>>
>>17135156
The point was to make the american look like the idiot he is. gravity is present within celestial orbits, and thus within the milky way or at least our local solar system. The sun, earth, the moon, and other large celestial body generating the minute amounts of gravity on smaller objects as they force larger objects such as the earth, moon and larger objects to orbit them.

But you missed the point, the train of thought left without you, the boat is long gone. There was no point of landing on the moon. The Soviets could have done it, but chose not to, because they'd won the space race and determined it was futile to go any further. Then the US decided to one up them, and the only people who gave a damn were the US.

>>17135167
"Sent a message that America could win the cold war"

Which was stupid to begin with. If we had started an actual war, everyone would have lost. Bigger, better weapons would have been used. And honestly, there would have been far more turmoil than good. Russia knew this, they weren't going to launch missiles from anywhere, if anything they would have become what the US is now, global police and a joke of a once dignified nation.
>>
>>17135147
Jesus read some history you delusional idiot.
>>
>>17135174
>Hur dur, we can win the cold war

You really think after the millions of soviet forces lost in world War 2, that the USSR would have launched missiles and invaded the US? No.

The moon landing was pointless. We lost, then we wasted money we could have been using to missile weapons in space.
>>
>>17135177
You don't understand why bringing back physical samples from another world could be deemed important.

Please never discuss this again.
>>
>>17135177
> money we could have been using to missile weapons in space.

Huh?
>>
>>17135191
There are no minerals on the moon we can use.
Could have been, but weren't.

>>17135192
Why didn't we take the money we used to fund the moon landing, and put missiles into space on a satellite? Or, I don't know, fund kinetic bombardment?
>>
File: 61.jpg (39 KB, 445x469) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
39 KB, 445x469
>>17135147
I got triggered by this bait. 10/10.
>>
>>17135196
Op here; 10/10 I laughed.

But seriously. Triggered? Go back to Tumblr.
>>
>>17135195
And how did we figure out there was 'nothing we could use'?

Oh yeah - bringing back physical samples and studying them. If people like you were running things, everyone would think the moon is made of cheese.

Fuck me, I must be getting trolled.
>>
This wasn't the point. It was about prestige. It was the Cold War. It didn't matter how pointless it was, if the Ruskies did it, the Americans did it one better.
>>
File: tumblr_m02xl8WFii1qg39ewo1_500.gif (427 KB, 499x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m02xl8WFii1qg39ewo1_500.gif
427 KB, 499x300
Are you too retarded to see the significance of a human foot stepping on ground other than Earth's? Sure, as a technological feat it isn't too far off but in cultural terms it is fucking huge. No need to explain it. Autism.
>>
>>17135206
Legitimately, seriously, why would we, by any means think the moon is cheese? We had telescopes. Even before the dark ages we knew the moon was just a rock. Maybe if we were still building with stone, it would have been useful. But we knew there was nothing there. We could observe it, the Reds even took pictures.

>>17135209
You mean its about pride. The waste of money, time and resources was over pride. It accomplished very little. We only proved we're egotistic dicks.

>>17135210
You're pretty autistic if you believe walking somewhere means anything. If nothing was achieved, everything was lost. Its like winning a football game, after the season is over. Its pointless because there was nothing to gain.
>>
>>17135130
>Because they realized nothing was there
There are a shitton of stuff on the moon.

The reason they didn't go is because they couldn't.
>>
File: merrica in space.gif (2 MB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
merrica in space.gif
2 MB, 200x113
>>17135147
Butthurt commietard spotted.
>>
>>17135218
Oh yes, because a man setting upon uncharted lands means absolutely nothing. The Icelandic Sagas meant nothing, Spanish Colonialism meant nothing, any type of Human migration must mean nothing, because it is simply, 'people stepping on things.' Fucking retard lol.

I understand the cultural and historic significance of putting a human on something that is not Earth and can appreciate that. It only means nothing to stupid ass atheist splurgelords who think they live on some higher neural circuit because they see 'past' feeble human rituals. Fucking braindead asocial communist lmao
>>
File: biafrakids.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
biafrakids.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
At the same time the US was dicking around on the moon parts of Africa experienced this.

The aliens that are observing us must be like >great prioritizing there mr apeman...
>>
>>17135239
Nobody gives a shit about africa.
>>
>>17135130
>space
>space race
>heliocentrism
>gravity
>evolution

that crap is toxic for your mind. Respect your mind.
>>
So once we start building space ships, and colony ships it wont be worth it cause Russians decided hey space is pointless? Yeah...Go Russia..
>>
This thread is bad and OP should feel ashamed for making it.
>>
File: 1434096266153.jpg (41 KB, 599x435) Image search: [Google]
1434096266153.jpg
41 KB, 599x435
>>17135253
>Mitchell
>>
File: ufo.jpg (999 KB, 1120x4048) Image search: [Google]
ufo.jpg
999 KB, 1120x4048
>>17135250
>Nobody gives a shit about africa.
And this is why nobody gives a shit about earth.
>>
>>17135267
>And this is why nobody gives a shit about earth.
>implying we're not the big brother of everything
>>
>>17135147
>So what, you found done chunks of metal. All metal is if equal value.
>>
File: The E of iron.jpg (52 KB, 309x282) Image search: [Google]
The E of iron.jpg
52 KB, 309x282
>>17135210
>speaks as an authority on knowing autism
>posts tumblr picture
>>
>>17135259
I just got here. And this is an outrage!
>>
we probably don't even have permission to leave earth, forget about the moon.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.