[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
religious Christian thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
we ladies look more innocent without makeup, thereby helping prevent us and those around us from sinning with us.
>>
Oh look, our reoccurring loon from /tv/ is back with more celebrity obsession nonsense.
>>
>>17133330
fuck off you christfag
go back to your pagan roots instead of worshipping some schiziophrenic arab hippie
>>
Once you've fucked a lot of girls, unmade-up ones start looking sexier because they're more likely to be dtf when they're not so worried about getting disheveled
>>
>>17133361
One God is a Spirit, every perception of God and every so called "god or goddess " is also imperfect to that which is originally a Holy Spirit
>>
>>17133375
>One God is a Spirit, every perception of God and every so called "god or goddess " is also imperfect to that which is originally a Holy Spirit

so mubles the christfag in his bumblespeak

u wot m9
>>
>>17133423
Essentially, if you believe you are seperate from non-binding entities, then you believe in having a soul.

A table, a bed, a rock, these are "non-living" entities, and the "living" entities have the ability to move on their own.
>>
>>17133426
>A table, a bed, a rock, these are "non-living" entities, and the "living" entities have the ability to move on their own.

plants don't move though and they are living beings
>>
>>17133674
That is why they grow, and the smell they release is a distress signal to warn the other grass
>>
>>17133330
QUIT MAKING THE FUNCTIONS OF HUMAN LIFE TABOO!
SEX ISN'T TABOO!
SEX IS FUN!
>>
>>17133682
Within a marriage. :)
>>
>>17133687
Nope, I didn't say that.
you did.
>>
>>17133682
"let's bang away and have unplanned pregnancies so we can have more kids with divorced parents all because they get laid that one time."

"We should keep repopulating why the world needs more mouths it can't feed conveniently while the world's interest is to lower the population"

"It doesn't matter if I hurt someone's feelings as long as I get laid"
>>
>>17133697
fuck you, demon.

And guess what, guess what I feel that you desperately want to control.

Recreational sex isn't a sin. There is no sin.
>>
>>17133692
You're talking to a female virgin & I plan to stay that way... til marriage ^^
>>
>>17133699
Kandarpa is Krsna

Within a marriage procreation makes sense, as done sex with your spouse whenever. Too many people nowadays just trying to bust one out on someone and if not always getting them into trouble
>>
>>17133697
>"let's bang away and have unplanned pregnancies so we can have more kids with divorced parents all because they get laid that one time."
condoms
>"We should keep repopulating why the world needs more mouths it can't feed conveniently while the world's interest is to lower the population"
condoms
>"It doesn't matter if I hurt someone's feelings as long as I get laid"
dont be a dick
>>
>>17133707
You know the womb of a woman prepares for the husband to orgasm either way? So when you don't cum in her, her womb is still prepared for the sperms that banged her.

Now another man comes along and the womb was still waiting for the other man. Eventually she gets pregnant by somebody... sanctity in the pregnancy is important and is undervalued
>>
>>17133682
Eating is a function of life. Eating is important and enjoyable. Yet unregulated eating leads to serious problems.

Sleeping is a life function. Sleeping is important and relaxing. Yet unregulated sleeping leads to serious problems.

Aggression or violence is a life function. It is important and cathartic. Yet unregulated aggression leads to serious problems.

Sadness is a life function. It is important, and relieves tension. Yet unregulated sadness can lead to serious problems.

Sex is a life function. It is important, and pleasurable. Yet unregulated sex leads to serious problems.
>>
>>17133682
I can't wait to make love because of my very sensual nature/personality... within the confines of marriage. :)
>>
File: Class-II-Obesity.jpg (152 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
Class-II-Obesity.jpg
152 KB, 650x400
>>17133756
Or to put this in terms of the internet:

QUIT MAKING THE FUNCTIONS OF HUMAN LIFE TABOO!
FOOD ISN'T TABOO!
FOOD IS FUN!
>>
Monotheism is for brainwashed fags who have no problem stealing from older traditions and claiming them as their own. Funny how a cult can call theft a sin when it's entire foundation is itself, stolen.

Learn some fucking history, monofags.
>>
>>17133790
This is how people advertise paganism. One God means "whichever God, is the only God, that maintains the Spirit and the Truth, that One"

The substance that our soul has its origin, this is the same Substance that is of God.
>>
>>17133806
>This is how people advertise Monotheism. Gods mean "whichever Gods, are the many Gods, that maintains the Spirit and the Truth, those."
>The substance that our soul has its origin, this is the same Substance that is of the Gods.
>>
>>17133806
I see you've typed some words, but you aren't really saying anything of value.
>>17133826
lol
>>
>>17133826
I wrote God. Jesus talks about "my Father" and the "Holy Spirit"

The same way there is no distinction between Brahman and the Paramatman (the all expansive reality in this context... and the highest self) there is a One God aspect for worship of God (the actual way to worship God) is through connection to the Holy Spirit. The Father is the Holy Spirit, and we are small pieces of this Holy Spirit covered by our gross body, which is suffering due to implications of the material reality, lesser entities, and temptations of flesh which cause cyclical desire.
>>
>>17133830
Plenty of value
>>
>>17133838
There is no DIFFERENCE between Brahman and Paramatma, there is absolutely a DISTINCTION.
>>
>>17133853
God is Brahman, Bhagavan, and Paramatman. Brahman is like the Father, all expansive, beyond knowing, beggining. Paramatman is the Highest Self which would have been God's Highest Self first, and this atman-spirit and Paramatman- great spirit, along with the Bhagavan (Christ/Krsna) would be respected as the Son and the Personality of God.

These are the aspects of God in a very simple form.

When people say "I am Brahman" is essentially "I am part of the original God" so as to say "God's Spirit is with my soul"... this is why humility is important.

Now people say "I am God" and do things that are Absolute contrary to His nature, like claim divinity to tell people there is no God and devotion and scriptures have no meaning
>>
>>17133838
>I wrote God.
Yes, and I wrote "Gods". Your point?
>Jesus talks about "my Father" and the "Holy Spirit"
Why do I care what he said? What reason do I have to believe him? You know what else Jesus said?
>The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. “But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given.” Luke 12:47-48
Why would I listen to the words of someone who clearly approves of slavery?

The rest of your post is things that were said by polytheistic beliefs, just twisted around to fit into your monotheistic narrative. Way to prove my point from >>17133790
>>
>>17133330
Really, faggot?
>>
>>17133874
>Brahman is like the Father, all expansive, beyond knowing, beggining. Paramatman is the Highest Self which would have been God's Highest Self first, and this atman-spirit and Paramatman- great spirit, along with the Bhagavan (Christ/Krsna) would be respected as the Son and the Personality of God.

Please stop, you are mangling both Christianity and Gaudiya-Vaishnavism here. Brahman, Paramatma, and Bhagavan are not analogous to the Holy Trinity.

>>17133890
There are monotheistic traditions within Hinduism.
>>
File: tumblr_mk6otqeyjU1rufb01o1_400.png (376 KB, 398x599) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mk6otqeyjU1rufb01o1_400.png
376 KB, 398x599
>>17133890
>mfw this passage isn't about slavery
Actually in context is means keeping watch, and those who don't keep watch even though they should.

Those aren't polytheistic beliefs, even though I worship God as Spirit, there are other entities, I know they exist because I used to do magic.

>>17133901
Yeah Brahman even comes from Vishnu's navel, so as to say the Ultimate Reality is just a small aspect of God. Paramatman is "The highest self" at atman also means Spirit. The Highest Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

Christians belief without Jesus you do not worship God because they accept Christ as the Personality of Godhead, and there isn't really a distinction from Krsna and Jesus in this case if they both appeal to the Absolute Supersoul that is God.
>>
Fallen angels taught the art of painting your face and eyes
>>
>>17133922
No, you retard, even in context, his message is about being a subservient little bitch. He also goes on to clearly state that the OT laws still apply in Matthew 5:17-19, Luke 16:17, 2 Timothy 3:16, and some others I can't be bothered with right now. The OT laws clearly condone slavery, rape, incest, genocide, ritual sacrifice of animals and humans, as well as the death penalty for stupid shit like wearing clothes of more than one fabric, planting different crops in the same field, eating shellfish, etc...

What you are doing is cherry picking shit from entirely different systems and mixing them into a retarded mutt.
>>
>>17133937
And they taught astrology... Nothing more seducing than a female with make up and knowledge of the future...
>>
>>17133966
Yeah but no one condones slavery

Matthew 5:17 - 19 is Him saying that He came to fulfill the law, the fulfillment of dharma... also the verse before that says "let your light shine and glorify the Father"

Lukes passage also talks about the law being fulfilled. No one is promoting slavery

And the Timothy passage just says that scripture is inspired by Holy Spirit
>>
>>17133922
>Yeah Brahman even comes from Vishnu's navel
No. Where did you get this?

> the Ultimate Reality is just a small aspect of God
No, where did you get this?

>Paramatman is "The highest self" at atman also means Spirit.
And no. Where are you getting any of this?

>Christians belief without Jesus you do not worship God because they accept Christ as the Personality of Godhead
This is the only thing you've said that I agree with.

>there isn't really a distinction from Krsna and Jesus
Again, there is no difference - there is a distinction.

>they both appeal to the Absolute Supersoul that is God.
Krishna did not "appeal" to Paramatma, he clearly states he is the source of Paramatma.
> Bg 7.7 — O conqueror of wealth, there is no truth superior to Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread.
And that He IS Paramatma.
> Bg 10.20 — I am the Supersoul, O Arjuna, seated in the hearts of all living entities. I am the beginning, the middle and the end of all beings.

And the Paramatma is more than just "the highest self." It is a realization of the Godhead where you understand that the all-pervasive, generating energy of Brahman has a source, a localized aspect. A single entity - seemingly divided infinitely yet always one - that resides in tandem with the living entity.
>>
>>17134010
Brahma comes from Vishnu's navel, Brahman is identified with Vishnu meaning that God existed before everything else.

Brahman (brh) to expand, is also believed to be the metaphysical and physical reality and abode of all consciousness, absolute bliss, and Yoga is to help us understand we are all part of this much larger self, the Absolute.

Paramatman - parama means highest and atman means srlf. Together this is the Supreme and transcendental self. Atman also (at, to breatge) or ap (to pervade) which is distinct from ego, individuality and personality. This is our soul.

Krsna and Jesus are the Absolute Self and appeal to the Absolute self for more people who listen to them become more in tune with the Holy Spirit of God.

Of course it is more than just "paramatma" it is all more than anything
>>
>>17133370
I hear ya bro.
>>
>>17134033
>Brahma comes from Vishnu's navel
No. Repetition does not increase validity.

>the metaphysical and physical reality and abode of all consciousness, absolute bliss
Meh, close enough that we'd be quibbling over details.

>Yoga is to help us understand we are all part of this much larger self, the Absolute.
Eternally distinct parts, sure.

>Paramatman - parama means highest and atman means srlf. Together this is the Supreme and transcendental self. Atman also (at, to breatge) or ap (to pervade) which is distinct from ego, individuality and personality. This is our soul.
No. Re-read Chapter 13 of the Gita. This is not what Krishna describes as Paramatma.

>Krsna and Jesus are the Absolute Self and appeal to the Absolute self for more people who listen to them become more in tune with the Holy Spirit of God.
This is not from anything. As the saying goes, it's too off to even be wrong. Is it a language barrier? I'm honestly asking - is English not your first language?
>>
>>17134078
It is a common story of Creation to simply indicate that God came first, this is a religious belief people hold. I mean you never seen that picture where Brahma comes from Vishnu's navel?

That is also the literal definition of Paramatman we don't even disagree. The Highest Self is more than me or you can explain.

>This isn't from anything
It really shouldn't be that hard to take in.
>>
>>17133426
Non-being..not non-binding.... autocorrect
>>
>>17134094
I know exactly what you're talking about, and it isn't Brahman. Brahma - indirectly - yes. A conception of the material universe in the form of a lotus, YES. Brahman - NO.

It's exactly my point that you are taking these things and mashing them together to fit whatever view you are holding.

Saying "we can't understand it" does NOT give allowance to think every description is equally valid.

>It really shouldn't be that hard to take in.
Aside from lack of clarity in your writing, I'm saying it isn't WORTH taking in. Taking the words of God and using them to fit your own musings is in effect declaring yourself to be the Ultimate Authority, or God.

>Bg 13.22 — The living entity in material nature thus follows the ways of life, enjoying the three modes of nature. This is due to his association with that material nature. Thus he meets with good and evil among various species.
>Bg 13.23 — Yet in this body there is another, a transcendental enjoyer, who is the Lord, the supreme proprietor, who exists as the overseer and permitter, and who is known as the Supersoul.

Atma never becomes Paramatma.
>>
>>17134363
Brahma is also a personification of Brahman

The Atman in the material entity, it's purpose, it to connect with the Highest Self, the Paramatman which is of God and is but an aspect to His Supreme Whole
>>
>>17134363
Essentially, the all expanding reality/Brahman, and Brahman manifests in the individual as the Supreme Self (Paramatman) and these are just aspects of the Supreme Being.

Likewise there is no difference than the Christian Principles that God the Father is what each Christian experiences and is manifest by the Holy Spirit.
>>
>>17134373
>Brahma is also a personification of Brahman
Absolutely not.

>Paramatman which is of God
Paramatma IS God.

>but an aspect to His Supreme Whole

> Iso Invocation — The Personality of Godhead is perfect and complete, and because He is completely perfect, all emanations from Him, such as this phenomenal world, are perfectly equipped as complete wholes. Whatever is produced of the Complete Whole is also complete in itself. Because He is the Complete Whole, even though so many complete units emanate from Him, He remains the complete balance.

>all emanations are Perfect and Complete
There is nothing lacking in Paramatma to make it "just an aspect." Paramatma IS God.

>Brahman manifests in the individual as the Supreme Self (Paramatman)
It doesn't, though.

>Bg 13.23 — Yet in this body there is another, a transcendental enjoyer, who is the Lord, the supreme proprietor, who exists as the overseer and permitter, and who is known as the Supersoul.

>God the Father is what each Christian experiences and is manifest by the Holy Spirit.

What Christian theology says this?
>>
>>17134405
Almighty (Narayana) is the Supersoul (Paramatman) and "I am the Supersoul and am in all beings" this is the manifestation of God within us. This means the Supersoul is also within us and is made manifest with us. These words are common sense applications to various Holy Texts, I am surprised even quoting the Bhagavad Gita you would disagree with any of this.
>>
/his/
/tv/
/pol/
/b/
>>
>>17134405
You experience God as a Christian, this is the Father and the Holy Spirit. Of The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, there isn't really a difference in the Trinity because they are God.

Likewise God in Hinduism is manifest as Brahman (which is the Father) the Bhagavan (The Personality, Krsna, Jesus) and the Paramatman (if the Highest Self is God, this is like me earlier saying the Holy Spirit is God)
>>
>>17134432
>>17134443

You're missing fundamental understandings in both theologies, It's late and I'm just going to reiterate:

Please stop, you are mangling both Christianity and Gaudiya-Vaishnavism here.
>>
>>17134443

But if in the holy Father god, the Brahman (of the father) is then of the Bhagavan (Jesus, Krsna). Yet in the Paramatman view (supersoul), then the experience of god (father [brahman]) of the holy father (god [brahman {paramtman}]) the holy spirit and the father (brahman) is the holy spirt (god) of Jesus (Bhagavan [the personality {krsna}]).
>>
File: Nanak2.jpg (12 KB, 408x430) Image search: [Google]
Nanak2.jpg
12 KB, 408x430
>>17134458
That's why I am going to keep reading both and learn about both lol.

If anyone is lacking theology it would be the one who can't see how obvious Vaisnavism and Christianity share a bunch of similarities. The original aspect taken away from Christianity.

Jesus says

>stay close to my yoke

Yoga comes from (yuj) to join, to unite, to yoke

>so

Jesus says "Stay close to my Yoga"
>>
>>17134465
It's like rolling a joint for God, you throw in the best different kinds of weed, and each serves a different purpose, but they all serve the awesome smoke of a joint that all its different flavors share in the essential aspects that is God.
>>
File: 1290125735540.jpg (44 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
1290125735540.jpg
44 KB, 640x481
>>17134466

>Jesus says stay close to my yoke
> Yoga comes from (yuj) to join, to unite, to yoke
>so Jesus says "Stay close to my Yoga"

You caught some seriously impressive air in that logical jump.
>>
>>17134482
Thanks
>>
>>17133682

Tantric sex is fun. Modern aggressive sex is energy draining and pointless. Real connection between two beings and meditative energy exchange via sex organs can be regenerative. Pumping and cumming is exhausting.
>>
>>17133700
it's like u wanna turn someone on to turn em down
>>
>>17134482
if you would consider that the word yoga has not not always meant "stretching class for basic bitches and hippie scum" then the leap is not as big as you would like to think
>>
>>17133330

I would like to post Bar Rafaeli horrible vagoo to point at the differences between the Aryan angel and an Israeli slut,
but Bar Rafaeli stretched Vagoo dot jpg is an instaban her on JewChan
>>
>>17135756
Yoga is Eastern Philosophy and Religion... Yoga in America is about meeting women in tight pants and "yogis" who do sun salutations and stretch "expand your mind guise"... drives me nuts
>>
So when do we get a /theology/ board? I feel like these threads are off topic as all hell.
>>
>>17135931
>/his/
Which sucks because they're all the same thing, fedora atheists versus the literal "the Bible is perfect in every way KJV that's it" Christian and no one impacts the other in a good way.

>/x/
Religion is by far the most paranormal topic. 4chan is however a demonic entity that does not like religious values being exposed. See what I mean? A /theology/ board is going to turn into the same thing.

>lel kek lemme watch porn gift on 9ne tab and talk about religion in the other

The least qualified people come on here to troll those who actually care about finding answers
>>
>>17133426
speak for your own bed dude
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.