[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spooky Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: russianghosthunters.jpg (64 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
russianghosthunters.jpg
64 KB, 960x540
Just wondering if anyone could recommend some horror games from the steam sale that are paranormal in nature

In particular Im wondering about the STALKER series and which I should start with

I heard it had mods too so any advice on those?
>>
>>17131699
The un modded first STALKER was the creepiest for me. Night us dark and very creepy. Get Mods afyer you complete thr un modded version of.all 3 games amd relive the experience in a fresh way.
The only mod that could be okay the first time are ones thay uldate rhe textures and make the game look nicer.

It's old but the call of cthulhu dark shadows is awesome. Amnesia is great too.
>>
The Bioshock games are nice. Haven't played Infinite yet, though, but the first two are very good and creepy.

>>17131729
Also this. Be aware that Shadow of Chernobyl is glitched as fuck.
>>
>>17131699
Alien Isolation is pretty spooky. But is more the "Apex Predator is after your juicy ass now hide in the locker and dont breath" fear than "paranormal" horror.

Stalker is pretty good. Metro 2033 has a lot of paranormal elements.
>>
>>17131729
Shadow of Chernobyl is great, but make sure to install ZRP mod, which fixes A LOT of bugs without changing the gameplay in any way (the list can be seen on the ZRP website).

Play STALKERs in the game in which they came out.
>>
The two METRO games are kinda spoopy.

Re4 is my personal fav. even though the earlier resident evil games were more horror driven in most people's opinion.
>>
>>17131865
Metro has a nice mix of psychological stuff (seeing the destroyed surface world,ghosts, flashbacks) and mutated animals and crazy people hunting you.
>>
Fallout 4 at night, getting attacked from a ghoul out of nowhere.
>>
>>17131699
Thief 1 and 2

Brilliantly made masterpieces that are creepier than all the "horror" games out there
>>
File: 1450309817595.jpg (85 KB, 441x272) Image search: [Google]
1450309817595.jpg
85 KB, 441x272
>>17131699
If you like S.T.A.L.K.E.R you'll love Metro.
Play 2033 first, and then Last Light.

You don't need a lot of mods for stalker. Just install the patch, maybe the textures and you're set. Chernobyl and Pripyat are both great, Clear Sky was meh. Oh, and install Misery Mod on your second go. It's just amazing.
>>
Silent hills
... Oh wait. :(
Joking aside, metro is amazing and Bioshock is creepy as hell too. Also would recommend FEAR or Condemned, any of the games in those series really. Condemned 2 was the creepiest game I had beaten to date.
>>
File: itsover.jpg (12 KB, 321x348) Image search: [Google]
itsover.jpg
12 KB, 321x348
no one post the chart because it ruins it.
Killer 7 is very WTF and pretty damn spooky. First M-rated game I ever owned.

Resident evil 4 is an all time fav and still spooks me. The resident evil remake is also great.

Condemned 1 and 2 are also really great although the second one goes full on /x/ in like the second half and it ruins the story.
>>
>>17131865
Seconding this. I recommend getting the Redux version for the added content.

I was not ready when I found the new area added to the Dead City level.
>>
The long dark is pretty spooky, if played on explorable mode it's kinda atmospherically creepy.
>>
>>17131699
>Just wondering if anyone could recommend some horror games from the steam sale that are paranormal in nature

I can't, largely because I do not pay for games and thus do not know what is in the steam sale. What's on the list?

>In particular Im wondering about the STALKER series and which I should start with

If you're looking for spoops, STALKER isn't really "it". STALKER is 90% tactical shooter with a very urbex/innawoods feel to it.

The games have a few moments, but if you're approaching them as horror games, you will be sorely disappointed.

That said, Call of Pripyat and Shadow of Chernobyl are the better two of that series.

>I heard it had mods too so any advice on those?

I play SoC with LURK.
CoP has misery mod, but it's retardedly hard until you git gud.
>>
>>17133451
Man I love Misery. I WOULD say vanilla for someone's first playthrough, but the textures and sounds are so fucking bad, even a texture pack is needed.
>>
>>17133487
As a /k/ommando, my weapons autism makes me unable to play vanilla due to mirrored ejection and fake copyright-dodge weapons.

Misery did piss me off for artificial difficulty when I first got ahold of it, but it's not too bad when you git gud at STALKER in general -- I wouldn't suggest it for newfags.
>>
>>17132195
>Silent hills
it's still happening

there's a big ruse going on
>>
op get cry of fear. its hard af, scary, and requires skill and patience. i way prefer stalker to metro. metro is more mindless monster shooter. stalker requires a large learning curve to adapt to but is very unforgiving survival horror. the shooting mechanic is stupid stupid tho in stalker. amnesia and the like are all just run and hide scripted movies. i dont enjoy them. download the SCP games too. scp and cry of fear are FREE. so try them. then add me on steam for the FREE ONLINE CO-OP survival horror.

also other anon >>> what about silent hills ruse?????
>>
>>17133602
>what about silent hills ruse?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIHB8M7TTg4
>>
idk why no one ever suggests these:

F.E.A.R is fucking amazing. I wish there were more games like it. I play them like once a year.
>>
>>17133846
agreed, the third one is amazing
>>
File: -realms-of-the-haunting.jpg (123 KB, 800x678) Image search: [Google]
-realms-of-the-haunting.jpg
123 KB, 800x678
Realms of the Haunting is only 99 cents on steam right now.

It's older than a good chunk of /x/ posters but it's a fantastic and very creepy game.
>>
>>17133811
ragnar is great but that video is old. pt is dead. konami just sued my little local arcade which to me confirms them being shitheads. its s damn shame...i want you to be right
>>
SOMA really triggers my nihilism in some really troubling ways. Which means that it's both unrelentingly dark and also well-written. Oh, and you get chased by big scary robots covered in scary robot goop
>>
File: Dying-Light concept art.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dying-Light concept art.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
Dying Light is a fun horror open world action-adventure.
>>
>>17133953
I have never seen a single person every say that the third fear is amazing, let alone good or even okay... It's such a piece of shit it's not even funny. First fear is great second is good and 3 is glitchy boring trash heap.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.