[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shadow Person / Hat Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 5448206_orig.jpg (14 KB, 575x339) Image search: [Google]
5448206_orig.jpg
14 KB, 575x339
Hello /x/ I'm here to share my shadow person experience with you all and to see if any of you have experienced anything similar.

I am 33 now. I was around 6 or 8 at the time this happened.

I had lain down on the living room couch, either for a nap or to sleep. It was night, and I was alone in the room.

I recall laying there napping. At some point, I felt a presence in the room. I opened my eyes, and from the couch, I could see the silhouette of a man with a cloak and a high collar. He was slightly hunched over, and I think he was wearing some kind of hat. He wasn't moving at all.

I felt like he was looking at me, however I couldn't clearly see his eyes. I was paralyzed with fear and didn't move either. I stared at this apparition in terror for about 10 seconds, before I decided to close my eyes and pretend like it wasn't happening. I must have eventually fallen asleep.

At the time, when my memory of seeing the apparition was fresh, my childhood mind thought that it looked like Count Chocula, the cartoon character on the box of the breakfast cereal of the same name.

As an adult, I didn't think about it too much, but I always had it in the back of my mind that I saw this strange apparition as a child. It was the only paranormal experience that ever happened to me.

Of course, as an adult, I heard of shadow people and eventually the "Hat Man." As soon as I heard of Hat Man, something in my mind clicked, and I just realized that what I had seen was this Hat Man apparition.

Anyone else have a similar experience? (I doubt it, but I figured I'd query /x/ on this anyway.)

I will stick around a bit for questions in case anyone has any, although there wasn't much more to my experience than what I typed above. It is 100% true, however.
>>
File: Count_Chocula.jpg (89 KB, 476x409) Image search: [Google]
Count_Chocula.jpg
89 KB, 476x409
>>17130787
Also, here is a picture of what I thought as a child this apparition resembled (or perhaps was?). I know it's silly, but I think somehow the high collar made me associate the two.

Also, I never told anyone about this story other than my wife. Never spoke to my parents about it that I recall. Never told my friends or even opened up on the internet about it, but here I am now.

Hoping to get some feedback from someone. For some reason I think maybe someone else has experienced something like this.
>>
>>17130787
I saw the Hat Man as a child back in the mid-late '70s. I saw him in a dream-within-a-dream, the only one I've ever had. I was being chased by something in the deeper dream, running frantically from that thing-forever-behind-you, until I woke up in a start, exactly where I'd fallen asleep. I thought I'd woken up for real, everything around me was exactly as it should have been (location, time, lights). I got up to go to the bathroom, opened the door, and there he was, standing just inside the door frame, very much like the picture you posted, OP.

Then I bolted awake, sitting straight up like I'd been hooked up to an electric shock machine, panting and wide-eyed like you might see in a horror flick.

I'd always known the thing was separate from me, that it had an identity. Never told anyone but my wife, and found confirmation (and the name) of Hat Man here on /x/ a few years ago.
>>
>>17130787
I never saw the Hat Man, but I have seen a shadow person. When I was young, I would often wake up in terror to see a women in a white dress, with long black hair, outside of my window. Eventually I stopped seeing her, but the thought of her is still enough to give me the creeps.
>>
I cant recall the first time this fags appeared within my dreams, they put me through living hell for years, there were times when they would hop over my bed and push me till i couldn breathe, once this bitches actually choked me, i almost died that time i woke up completely out of breath with my chest un the most intense pain ive ever felt, las time they came was 3 weeks ago, while sleeping this fag on top of me was trying to do something to my body, but for the first time i could move my non physical body in that state y i fought it off, it was pretty cool but scary, it retreated and didnt come back, anyone knows wtf happent or how could i move my body while my real body was paralized, i do remember the shadow was strong as fuck and i just fought as hard as i could
>>
Also ive never seen the hat fag, what i have seen is a floating shadow whit a menacing aura, i know thats not really graphic but i dont know how to describe better
>>
I hate to be the skeptic in the room, but
>napping
>hallucination
>paralyzed (with fear)
That's called sleep paralysis and it's fairly common.

Although I'm not sure which is more interesting: the possibility of a spectral figure actually appearing to people worldwide or the fact that most people experiencing from sleep paralysis always seem to see the same few hallucinations (Hat Man, Greys, succubi).
>>
>>17130912
Sleep paralysis + sleep apnea

Your subconscious rationalized your asphyxia as being choked by an entity which caused you to hallucinate it. Much like how when your whole body spasms and you wake up randomly but it usually seems to happen after you fall or something in the dream. You were sleeping on your back, I take it?
>>
>>17130912
You can train yourself to fight back dude.

It took me years, but I finally am able to fight off the things that go bump in the night.

Do you ever get a feeling like you cant make a fist? Like, ay any time in your life? Every time that hpapens, make a fist, do it. That translates to your night terrors.

Also, the people who claim its all bullshit and in your head? They are wrong. They are flat out, 100% wrong.
>>
>>17131188
>Also, the people who claim its all bullshit and in your head? They are wrong. They are flat out, 100% wrong.
Just because it's in your head doesn't mean it's bullshit.
>>
Not exactly sure if this was a shadow people experience but

>leaves friend's apartment
>around 10pm
>can hear footsteps behind me but whenever I check back, there is nothing
>gets a call from the friends I were just with asking where i'm going, I tell them home and hang up (I was pissed off at them at the time)
>still hears footsteps behind me and I still check back but nothing is fucking there
>its cold out, i'm a girl, and I live in a shitty place so I call up a friend whose close by
>asks if I could sleep there for the night
>she says yeah and I rush over (no more footsteps but I feel like I'm being watched intently now)
>wakes up around 6am
>tell her thanks, I owe her one, and i'm one my way
>feeling a lot safer
>turn on my street
>suddenly sees a shadow of a huge fucking man behind me
>starts running
>slows down
>tells myself i'm only imagining it.
>few houses from home now
>now I hear the footsteps again but these are more precise, clear, and louder
>sounds like a man's clunky work shoes
>slightly speed walks
>hear a horrific roar right next to my right ear
>paralyzed in fear
>finally screams and run the few yards to my house
>on patio
>looks back and only see a shadow
>no physical man just a fucking shadow
>finally inside i'm calming down
>ear is ringing and I feel half deaf
>looks at phone and see a shitload of unread messages the night before
>friends from the apartment asking if i know that guy, if i'm okay, and more panic-like asking if they should call the cops
>calls them and say what the fuck are you talking about
>they tell me they saw some guy behind me
>whathefuck.jpg
>I say no way
>they get seriously defensive saying that they saw me looking back at him multiple fucking times
>gets scared
>tells them when I did look back there was nothing there, but did hear footsteps
>didn't tell them the events from this morning though
>they are pretty fucking adamant that there was a guy who was with/following me.
>>
>>17131225

Anyways it's been a few weeks since this happen. Nothing has happened since though. That roar/screaming or whatever was something I hope to never experience in my lifetime again. It was really horrifying and unbelievably loud. I could hear anything in my right ear for days which kept reminding me how I definitely did not imagine it. anyone wanna tell me what this was?
>>
Take a trip dose of DPH OP
>>
Many of you struggle with the concept of evil or bad, especially when you look at what is going on in the world. You must first understand light and dark before you understand what is called "evil" here on earth. Notice the word evil, it is live backwards, it is it's reflection. In all existence there is only light; and darkness, is the shadow of the light, but there in the shadow, there is still nothing there but light. Shadow is what defines the light, without the shadow there would be no definition to the light so there fore it would be nothing but empty space, or void. Shadow is what evolves the light, shadow is what makes the light, shadow is what defines light. Light is what creates the shadow, light is where the shadow comes from, light is the shadow, shadow is the reflection of light. This is very important to understand this when you are dealing with this world. You must understand that all the "bad" things that are happening here are a reflection of the light. They are happening in order to evolve the light, for the light has created this shadow that you see before you this "evil", and in the process of transmuting this type of darkness the light will evolve into something greater, bringing in a new form of shadow and releasing the old one. In order to suceed in this life time, in order to access the all source of life, in order for you to activate your super human abilities, you have to love and understand the shadow of the light. When you begin to meditate and astral travel and go back in time whether your past life or another's, you must not fear the darkness or "evil". You must know it is there in love, it is the opposite of the light only, nothing more. Things like demons, reptillians, archons, draconians, they are not a problem or something to fear, they are your lesson to make you greater in the light. Light is Dark and Dark is Light, you must understand this to ascend.
>>
Both times happened when I was completely awake.

One was in broad daylight. Didn't know about other people seeing it until years later. I fear seeing him again.
>>
>>17131232
That would make it worse
>>
>>17130787
>Anyone else have a similar experience?
thousands actually
>>
I had an even creepier experience, i was layin' in my bed when i was 5 or so, and i couldn't sleep because i had cold shivers down my spine. as i looked up i saw the black sillhouette of my older sister looking at me. (my sister was bullying me, just how kids do that). I thought it was my sister trying to bully me, so i told the "shadow-person" that she should leave and (i swear!) it answered me with a little laugh and a clear "no", not in the voice of my sister, but i kept thinking that it would be my sister. I shouted and the silhouette didn't move at all. My parents came in because i shouted and turned on the lights. i swear that i have seen a strange looking creature at the edge on my wardrobe where the silhouette was but it faded very quickly. I started crying because i was so creeped out. This is now 12 years or so in the past, but i have to think of it all the time.
>>
>>17131859
strange looking? in what waY?
>>
>>17131178
I was not asking you if what happent was real, in your next post keep that in mind also i never sleep on my back
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 820x984) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 820x984
>>17130787

Don't be afraid. He's just an atheist who breaks into people's houses only to declare God isn't real
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.