[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paranormal Ocean Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
There's threads here for innawoods, and even one for underwater, but so few people talk about on the water. Sailors are such a suspicious bunch, and I'm a fan of the idea of seasteading. What sorts of things could we run across if there were more people dependent on maritime travel?

I'll start:
> The Flying Dutchman has several origins, but the most popular one was a Dutch merchant that came to the cape of Africa looking to dock during bad weather. She couldn't get a pilot to guide her to port, however, and was lost to the weather.
> It's reported that the ship will occasionally appear to those traveling the waters
> One such eye witness was Prince George of Wales, who would become King George V of England. He reported seeing the Dutchman off the coast of Australia, and remarked an eerie red glow coming from within the ship. When the crew of his ship were alerted and they sent a midshipman forward to scout the ship out, it had already vanished.

What does /x/ think of ghost ships? What about sea monsters such as the kraken, or mermaids? USOs? There's much to explore!
>>
The ocean is one of the most frightening yet mystifying aspects of the planet. Think about it; total desolation on it's own is a relatively unsettling concept for most people, and the oceans are entirely that, an extremely expansive plain of emptiness. When we're on land and we are isolated, we have some physical connections that still link us to the mentality that although we may be alone, we are still in a way 'grounded' (for lack of a better term) by the Earth, like a tree for example; hell, even a rock. In the ocean, no such connections exits. Out there, it's just you and the water; there is nothing out there for you to relate to normal life, your mind tries to make connections but can't find any. From the blank canvas that the emptiness of the oceans create, your mind begins to project. This is where that aspect of mysticism comes in; when your subliminal thoughts have dominance in the emptiness, you begin to see, feel, and think things that you might not otherwise. You might to consider the notion of a higher being, see things that just aren't right, and be emotionally inflicted in ways you wouldn't expect. It's because of this effect that the ocean has that it can be so terrifying, yet still make us yearn for it. It really is incredible.
>>
>>17126343
I'll offer up another story, this time from a captain of a cruise ship who told me the story:

> Coming into port in Spain
> Sun mostly set, behind the mountains
> In the darkness is a bright red light
> It moves slowly, almost like a satellite
> Suddenly dips below the mountains
> Pops back up vertically, not continuing its move across the sky
> Makes a sudden turn and zooms past the ship much faster than before
> Goes well beyond the ship out to sea and dives into the water
> Disappears in the dark water

I've always found USOs interesting, particularly when mixed with the idea that a simple alien craft is simply capable of being in all types of environment, be it air, space, or sea.
>>
File: milk sea.jpg (37 KB, 575x375) Image search: [Google]
milk sea.jpg
37 KB, 575x375
http://www.livescience.com/9387-mystery-ocean-glow-confirmed-satellite-photos.html

sp000oke
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
>>17126729
Was this original? Screencapped
>>
Our continents are held up by rocks, right?
Something huge could be at the bottom, it could destroy those rocks if it so chose.

Thats probably one of my greatest fears.
>>
>>17127170
I hear ya man
I always wonder what keeps the rocks up..... and what if.. one day they fell..........
keeps me up.....
>>
>>17127023
plankton
>>
>>17127023
Bacteria called Vibrio Fischeri, lives in the gut of fish, luminescent bacteria, quite a common occurrence, nothing spooky.
>>
Palmyra Atoll is pretty creepy. And island that is said to drive it's inhabitants insane.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Palmyra_Atoll
>>
>>17127170
>>17127186

Is everyone on this board fucking retarded? Or 5 years old?

No you dumbass, the continents are part of continental shelves, the plates which form the crust of the earth. Underneath the crust is the mantle, it's all solid you stupid mongrels

Seriously, how do you people even operate with such a low level of capacity? Is this why /x/ went to shit, because the people here know literally fucking nothing therefor EVERYTHING is paranormal?
>>
>>17127170
your greatest fear is a huge being destroying the bases of the continents? thats retarded
>>
>>17127297
actually /x/ went to shit in part because people like you can't recognize obvious bait
>>
>>17127170
>Something huge could be at the bottom, it could destroy those rocks if it so chose.

And then all the countries would capsize.
>>
I've heard one say that the deepest regions of the oceans are essentially a manifestation of Hell on Earth. You have scavenger organisms existing in below freezing waters, but they can constantly be scalded by geysers, magma, and the like, as well as having to constantly live under bone-crushing pressure.

It's a place of extremes, and one of the areas on Earth where those with excessively toxic karma may reincarnate after death.

At the least, it's a fascinating theory.
>>
Any more Sea stories? I have never that many.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.