[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have to write a movie for my screenwriting class. So, /x/,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
I have to write a movie for my screenwriting class. So, /x/, what would be some interesting topics to write a film about?
>>
>>17125580
Action movie where the Hero has to save a damsel in distress before the "others" get to her first!
>>
Isolation Experiments (ie.e deep deprivation, but nothing like M.K. Ultra but experiments like that) Or one concerned with a Jack the ripper modern day. (Like mapping the ripper murders onto the map of another city)
>>
>>17125580
Do the room 2: electric boogaloo
>>
what about a guy who drives for a living?
he should wear a scorpion jacket
also, for the soundtrack use some cool 80s synthpop tunes
>>
File: MTG_tournaments.jpg (238 KB, 800x674) Image search: [Google]
MTG_tournaments.jpg
238 KB, 800x674
>>17125580
A movie about how much cock you suck.
>>
File: evilT_Va.jpg (47 KB, 402x395) Image search: [Google]
evilT_Va.jpg
47 KB, 402x395
Have a cop on his last day before retirement be paired with an unlikely partner. They get assigned to what appears to be a minor crime, but turns out to be A World Wide Conspiracy. Then the Retiring Cop's daughter and/or wife get killed and/or kidnapped and It All Gets Real. Things almost go All Wrong, until the unlikely partner does something clever and endearing at the same time and saves the day. The Retiring Cop then acknowledges the unlikely partner is "OK", fade to end credits
>>
>>17125642
no no no, not /x/ enough.
make it about this guy who discovers to get inside dreams
but you don't know if you're in a dream without some sign, like an amulet idk
and make the end a cliffhanger to never be resolved by not specificating if the happy ending was a dream or not
>>
goetic demons
>>
>>17125580
Read the thread on tulpas and make a movie about that, except imply throughout the movie the guy is cray, explore sexuality so you win all of the awards, have it end in a therapy session when the person turns out to be shemale the tulpa was the real identity all along, except their original gender...
Then make a note about how people should be supportive of mental illness and state sponsored self mutilation, and again win all the awards
>>
Write about a newly turned vampire who discovers that his gf has been a serial killer all along.
>>
>>17125839
That could be really cool
>>
>>17125580
I once did a film for school based on an episode of Quantum Leap. I was Sam. We did the intro and everything. It was shit desu senpai, but Time Travel is a good subject. It needs no SFX, and can have multiple layers. Watch "Time Crimes". Brilliant movie, no cost.

Whatever you do, I hope you give /x/ the exclusive preview. Good luck ;)
>>
Plot: GF dies in car accident, you fall asleep and wake up the day before, giving you the chance to save her.
Add a few twists, maybe a sub-plot, and bobs your uncle.
>>
>>17125580
Main character goes into the woods alone to search for skinwalkers. He stumbles around spooking himself for hours and then [M Night Shumumallathon] realizes he's a skinwalker that ate the main character and forgot he wasn't him for a while.

You can swap woods at night for a cave or some access tunnels, just anything where someone would feel lost and trapped. You can make up a local legend instead of skinwalkers, or use bigfoot or melonheads or the Jersey Devil. But it should be something improbable that he'd be nuts to go looking for. Maybe include a cameraman (maybe they're doing a documentary), but three or more and you get a Blair Witch rip-off. None of that (no spooky props, he has to be scaring himself, which is easy enough with barn owl hoots and fox calls and deer walking around in the dark).
>>
>>17125839
i would pay for that shit ยก
>>
File: TR-8R.jpg (427 KB, 763x739) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R.jpg
427 KB, 763x739
>>17125580
Give this brave hero a biopic.
>>
>>17125580
maybe some kind of true crime period piece?
Like a serial killer mystery but set in in the 17 or 18 hundreds. Not a lot of those floating around and theres plenty of creepy real world examples
>sawney bean
>the killer benders family
>Elizabeth bathory
I like period pieces and true crime. Ive never seen a mix of the two that often and Id like to see some kind of detective from the 1700s looking for a group of killers
>>
>>17125580
Cheerleaders vs zombies: can the pom-poms defeat the nom-noms?
>>
Guy comes on /x/ and decides to create a tulpa. The tulpa turns bad and starts making him kill people. 12 dead bodies later and the tulpa reveals that she isnt real and that he's just a psycho. A bit like fightclub, but with tulpa and murders.
>>
>>17125580
Ebolachan,
>>
The Greenman. It's a shitty urban myth from Pittsburgh. Or, mellonheads, hydrocephalic cannibals are always cool.
>>
>>17125580
I have /x/ related ideas and maybe we could work on some together. I've written a screenplay before so I know what to do. Let's see where this goes, yeah?
>>
>>17130877
Nope.
>>
>>17130911
Fine then, I'll do the shit by myself.
>>
>>17130877
It's not a group project, sorry senpai.
>>
A dark comedy about a guy who is fed up with responsibility so he drops everything, moves away, changes his name and acts retarded.
>>
>>17130929
Fair enough.
>>
Horror

A journalist/author goes undercover to hit his big story/novel in a new cult that claims to harbor the next messiah.

His time filled with drugs, sex, and rituals. The lines of reality become blurred and he starts to wonder if the so-called messiah is legitimate.
>>
>>17130929
BTFO
>>
A movie abou "the shadow over Innsmouth"
>>
>>17125606
but unbeknownst to the hero, by the time he rescues the damsel, she has already been visited by the "others."
>>
>>17130954
Oh, can I have this one?
>>
>>17130932
EMOTIONALLY DEVASTATED MUCH?!

#way2cold
>>
>>17130921
Kek, just fucking with ya m8. I just got here
>>
Horror/mystery/thriller

A benevolent witch teams up with a police detective to infiltrate and take down a Satanic death cult.
>>
>>17125580
how long does it have to be?
i can write it for you if you want, i like writing screenplays
a lot of experience in it too
>>
A blooming theoretical physics student, who is also a huge conspiracy buff, uncovers technical knowledge of time travel.

Once his machine is finished production, he travels to a variety of eras, with his 3 best friends, to witness the supposed "Gods" of ancient times; to ascertain humanity's origins.
>Sumer, Egypt, etc
>>
>>17131324
>>17129535
These two sound pretty awesome
>>
>>17130931
starring ashton kutcher
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.