[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /x/ I don't typically post. I'm more of the lurker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20150107_235254.jpg (132 KB, 710x886) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150107_235254.jpg
132 KB, 710x886
Hey, /x/
I don't typically post. I'm more of the lurker type. I like to be scared by other people's experiences. Sadly, though, I just got the complete shit scared out of me. In fact I'm sitting in my bed, teary eyed, completely shaking, trying to figure out what just happened.
I don't want to get your hopes up, this isn't some crazy spoopy story. But this just happened about six minutes ago.
I was (and still am) on the phone with my friend, let's just call her A. She lives alone in a studio apartment, in the area of Cleveland Heights. At around... 1 AM (it's currently 5 AM, EST) she fell asleep. We had been talking for an hour at that point. Before she dozed off, we had been speaking about her nightmares she had been having over the past few days. She was so genuinely terrified of falling asleep that I was kind of 'last resort' of sorts, as we don't typically talk on the phone. But, anyways. She fell asleep at 1, like I previously stated. And being the kind, caring, friend that I am, I decided to stay on the phone with her. It's not difficult to do, as I'm just watching Netflix and am prone to staying up until 6-7 AM. I had been sitting, listening to her breathe (not actively listening, but I checked back every so often) for about 4 hours. It was peaceful at first. A typical, deep breath. The kind of breathing that is relaxed, calm, and soothing. A deep inhale, a slow exhale. A pattern. I sat watching Peaky Blinders, occasionally putting my headphone in to hear her breathe. Then, around 4:30, her breathing became rapid. Short, sharp breaths. The kind that you take while running. I assumed she was having a nightmare. I let it continue for about 15 minutes, and then tried my best to wake her up by calling her name a few times. I got a few mumbles out of her. Random gibberish, and a few half-breath gasps.

>continued
>>
Then, something fucking weird happened. I had both headphones in, trying to wake her up. Talking to her. And then, her breathing stopped. There was about 5 seconds of silence, and then I heard her say,
"Why are y-"
In the MIDDLE of her sentence, without a pause or a break or anything, her voice changed to a half-growl, half-whisper. Like an old woman who smoked a pack a day for 60 years straight, without missing a day, mixed with a shrieking cat
"ou still listening?"
And, I know what you're thinking. "It was a practical joke" or "she just wanted to fuck with you"
/x/, you know when a voice is human. You can detect it. This wasn't. This was some octave that, knowing this girl, she could not reach. I don't know what I just heard. I'm still on the call. Her breathing is normal, steady, and calm again. But I'm scared fucking shitless.

Thoughts, /x/?
>>
I think you're sleep deprived and probably are mildly hallucinating. Speaking from experience
>>
>>17120055
I suppose that's a possibility. But I am convinced that what I heard came through my phone, and was real. I wish I had some way to post the recording. Maybe I'll contact the NSA to get the phone log.
>>
>>17120044
>>17120055
>>17120066

Checked

Also my girlfriend does something similar occasionally, and so do I apparently. Could have been exasperated by your sleep deprivation.

Also the NSA only holds metadata, right? try posting a blank video to YouTube with the audio if you can't think of anything else
>>
>>17120066
That post reads like I have a recording of it - I don't.

>>17120073
I'll start recording the call right now, and leave it on for the remainder of the night(morning).
I really hope it was just a hallucination. I don't think my brain can handle an actual, direct paranormal (orjustfuckingspoopy) experience.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.