[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we discuss where we're from and spoopy legends surrounding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 640x360
ITT: we discuss where we're from and spoopy legends surrounding our area.

>where are you from?
>what are some spoopy true stories/urban legends about the area?
>>
>>17116149
>Michigan
>Chief Okamas burial ground relatively close to house
>Plenty of ghosts in the property line and in the neighbors' house
>>
>>17116149
Im from portugal next to some woods that's like 2,471 acres (based google helping with conversions)
The woods border a really long road that is full of holes and has no light whatsoever so it's not weird that when someone wants to do a ritual or something they go there and that often causes some pretty cool reactions from lonely drivers.
there's also a urban legend that there's this girl dressed in white that hitchhikes, the cousin of a friend of mine onde saw her while driving the road and didnt stop to give her a ride, when his friends insisted he should go back he did and she was nowhere to be seen
>>
Small town in germany . http://youtu.be/-4xiT67GrbY

Her grave is 15 mins away.
>>
>>17116164
Also there was a Cannibal in a town near me where i lived as a child (Kannibale von Rothenfels)
>>
Remote area on the Idaho/Wyoming border
There has been hundred of sightings of ghostly apparitions there is also a story that in a certain spot in the woods you can hear the screams of satanic worshippers they had been doing rituals in the woods one night back in the 50's they had kidnapped several people from town and killed them So a group of the townsfolk went in and brutally murderd them and hung their parts from the trees in the surrounding woods many of the worshippers were thought to have still been alive when they had their limbs cut off so yeah pretty fucked up
>>
I'm from Virginia and my parents would always tell me stories about Hatchet Rabbit, who most people now refer to as Bunny Man. There are a lot of variations on the story but it's actually based off a couple of real incidents.

The first one being a real reported case that the police investigated. Two teenagers had parked their car in a field after leaving a football game to have sex. About a quarter of the way in, their window was smashed open by a man the driver described as wearing a white bunny suit. The man was yelling about them trespassing that he had their license plate. The couple sped off and later discovered a hatchet on the floor of the car next to the window that was smashed.

The second incident is always a real case the police investigated. A security guard who was keeping a watch on a unfinished neighborhood to stop people stealing materials and vandalizing buildings saw a man standing on the porch of an unifinished home. He described the man as wearing a grey and white bunny suit. When the guard approached the man and asked him what he was doing the guy in the bunny costume produced a hatchet and began chopping away at a post keeping the roof above the porch up while yelling that he was tired of people trespassing and that he was going to crack their head open. After the two incidents the police ended up receiving well over 30 reports from people claiming to have seen the same costume in various places wielding a hatchet.

The legend surrounding these stories goes that a transport bus carrying inmates crashed. All the inmates were found with the exception of one. People started finding the skinned corpses of rabbits hung from trees all around the area. Eventually the police discovered a man hung in the same way and found the missing prisoner in the act. The police gave chase while the prisoner laughed but in decision to run he failed to recognize an oncoming train He was struck and killed and even to this day the police get reports of skinned animals
>>
Guatemala.

I gave /x/ one a few months ago. Let me search the archive to copypaste it...

Seeing so many posts about dogs... eh, fuck it, here's a local one.

I'm from Guatemala. This place has a legend called El Cadejo. Or... it's more like two legends tied together. Both about dogs and drunks.

The most popular one is the one about a big black dog that, if you fall asleep on the street, will go and lick your mouth. If it manages to do it, you'll die a few days later from delirium, screaming about how the Cadejo is pulling you to hell.

The other one is about a white dog, a scrawny white mongrel that, if you're drunk and walking alone back home, will show up out of nowhere and accompany you, making sure nothing happens to you on the way. It'll suddenly disappear when you reach your block. You'd then find out about how there was a murder or a hit-and-run or something where you were walking together with the dog that night, but you didn't notice anything happening.

When discussed together, the legends are known respectively as El Cadejo Negro (the black Cadejo) and El Cadejo Blanco (the white Cadejo).
>>
Bump for personal self interest
>>
NY: story of the incest cult of oriskany falls, according to college students anyone with a butterfly on their house is part of the cult. Students warn each other to stay away due to the cult hates the college and the students.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.