[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time Travel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6
File: tumblr_ktdscbdL8l1qapyo6o1_500.jpg (53 KB, 296x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ktdscbdL8l1qapyo6o1_500.jpg
53 KB, 296x750
>if time travel is possible it will already have happened

>it will most likely be regulated by a small group of carefully selected scientists

>they make changes in history to fix major wrong-doings.

What if our reality is the best possible outcome? How would this make you feel. Hypothetically, of course
>>
>>17112350
>What if our reality is the best possible outcome?

What if Time Travel itself is the biggest wrong-doing the human race would achieve? Would it result in a technological quantum suicide dooming the Human race to a single linear timeline?
>>
How do you go back in time? What stops entropy? What reverses the second law?
>>
No, time travel will exist, only you will not be able to go into the past

Trust me, it's the grandfather effect, no matter what you do you'd end up effecting the past some how and when you do it could end up with you never even being born or hell, the ones who made the time machine never being born, either way it'd be too risky so they'd only allow travel to the future
>>
>>17112412
Lol, I love when delusional idiots think what they say will be fact. And then go on to defend the crap they spew out without admitting they can't possibly know the future.
>>
Time travel to the past will only be possible to the point that the technology is first achieved. A vessel cannot exist before it is invented. We have not yet achieved the capability of time travel, and thus have not met anyone from the future.
>>
>>17112420
I'm just saying it's the most logical answer
I mean really even if it's only selected scientists, if they go back to do something like stop the Great depression or kill Hitler it'd change history too much and would most likely end in an altered future, the most likely of which would not contain the technology they had at first, A.K.A. The parts to the time machine
>>
>>17112430
Fair point, but what if the vessel isn't fixed to a specific point. it materializes
>>
Time is a liner function that doesn't move or change, all time that ever was, has already been or will be.

You are the object capable of moving through time. Thus the only chance we have of creating a time machine would be unlocking our brains to their full potential, And thus only that specific brain would have time travel capabilities.
>>
Time travel is only possible telepathically. Obviously.
>>
Let's say time travel does arise, do you guys really think everyone will just get to use it?
I mean really, think seriously, do you think something so powerful would just be thrown into the hands of anyone?
>>
>>17112454
Obviously
>>
>>17112454

Clearly.
>>
>>17112456
This

Let's face it, only scientists and officials will get to use it
Us normals won't get more than a glimpse of it
>>
>>17112454

Distinctly.
>>
Assuming titor wasn't a sham, here's to hope that we get time machines in the near future
>>
>>17112456
It would be a guarded secret, entrusted to very few.

In the wrong hands a person could reshape the world to his/hers desires
>>
>>17112452
Take your short-sighted physicalism elsewhere
>>
>>17112454
Most assuredly.
>>
Time travel is worthless
I mean really, if you can't go back in time then what's the point?
Who the fuck cares about the future? I wanna see the Egyptians, I wanna see when George Washington was born, I wanna see my parents have ravage sex
>>
>>17112447
I believe the reverse effect would take place. The alloys that comprise the craft would be subject to reverse entropy; everything is sourced from base elements, and entropy is just a base element of existence as time. Perhaps if there were some hypothetical bubble that could encase the craft and traveler, but how would the two interact?

Simply materializing something out of nothing is akin to an act of god. Everything has to originate from somewhere, whether going with or against the ebb of time, yes?
>>
>>17112470
If you can prove to me that time isn't what I say it is then I will admit my wrong. However the fact that time travel has not been accomplished yet, even in the slightest form only further validates the fact that modern sciences are currently looking for the wrong answers.
Only a useless scientist closes his mind to that which he has not yet proven 100% without a doubt false.
>>
>>17112403
Homura.
>>
File: Hydrophobic-sand-in-water.gif (2 MB, 250x325) Image search: [Google]
Hydrophobic-sand-in-water.gif
2 MB, 250x325
>>17112497

In all earnest seriousness, and granted the current state of quantum entanglement being researched, do you believe that a phenomenon of penis is vagina?
>>
>>17112494
Another good point. some kind of energy field would be necessary. Like an intrinsic field.
>>
>>17112454
Indubitably
>>
>>17112494
Oh and something that is never considered in time travel - physical 3rd dimensional coordinates. The earth, solar system, galaxy, local cluster, ect. Are all moving at unfathomable speeds through the fabric of spacetime. If a time machine would travel back in time it would most likely end up in the vacuum of space where the earth's surface would come to meet the craft in the amount of time that the craft had traveled from the future. Does this make sense to anyone?
>>
>>17112524
So the time machine should be a spacecraft then.
We know the effects of aging in space and how its slow. In a way that's kinda time travel.
>>
>>17112514
Why I was expecting to have a real discussion with someone on 4chan is beyond me.

Yes anon, if you really want to get into it. They are the same thing. Human concepts of actuality do not make them real or correct, just human.
Skin in its own right is skin, just because you label it arm, leg, etc does not make it 100℅ correct.
Just like our perception of time travel is not correct.
We fail to focus our sciences on the one thing that has always been there since we humans have become. The brain, what it is, what it really does, and how it works. Instead we focus on how to make chip bags and water bottles smaller.
>>
>>17112533
It won't really matter if it's a spacecraft or not if you're arrival point in the past is a virtually endless vacuum, right? See what I mean about the 3D coordinates? (Everyone only focuses on the 4d coordinate)
>>
>if time travel is possible it will already have happened

>they make changes in history to fix major wrong-doings.

these two statements are contradictory if you consider that if time travel is possible it has already happened and that major "wrong doings" would be erased.

well if the future exist and if some one in the future already has gone back in time then all the time travel that would ever happen has happened and tons is bad in history
>>
>>17112350
>What if our reality is the best possible outcome? How would this make you feel.
Like it wasn't wrong to start Halloween's End.
>>
>>17112452
Phi-Brain GET.
>>
Backwards time travel is not impossible but is incredibly hard, look it up, this has already been stated.

So most likely time machines will only go to the future hence why we never see any time travelers

Now if that's the case, why do you guys care?
What will going into the future even do for you?

Going into the past would be so much more effective, what does going into the future really have to offer besides things like getting a new game before it comes out or some junk like that?
>>
>>17112563
Phi-brain? Are you recommending me some anime or is there a joke here I'm missing?
>>
>>17112565
How can you be so daft? The past is largely known. The future is filled with limited possibility. Not everyone has as limited of an imagination as game of the year 2055
>>
If the multiverse theory is proven, there is no "best outcome". There are only " better outcomes" because there would be an infinite number of universes.
>>
heres my 2 dimes.

time travel is possible its just imposible for us to do. what that tells me is that its possible . the second statements is just there to confused but in essense time travel is possible thats all i know and im sure thats gota count for something
>>
>>17112577
>or
Is there a difference between the two?
>>
File: 432k2bQ.jpg (313 KB, 800x1267) Image search: [Google]
432k2bQ.jpg
313 KB, 800x1267
>>17112565
My time travel vehicle works great.

It has two pillows and a sweet comforter.

I do the ritual: shower (don't want to stink when I arrive in the future), brush mah teefers, brush hair, slip into comfies, turn lights off and rest my ees.

Within a few minutes, BAM! It is tomorrow.
>>
>>17112350
Op i got a question for you;
Could there have been a time when there was no time? If so, then what existed before time?
>>
>>17112599
No, all that is, is.
>>
>>17112610
That would be before the big bang. I don't think anything existed before that. Correct me if I'm wrong
>>
>>17112620
The small orgy.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 457x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 457x305
>>17112350
such a good movie

and i would be ok with that. i know that things suck but things sucking also gives me a reference to understand beauty.
>>
>>17112630
Indeed

That's a good outlook to have. We can't appreciate the light, without the dark.
>>
>>17112497
>However the fact that time travel has not been accomplished yet, even in the slightest form

Read the published work of Dean Radin, Daryl Bem, Rupert Sheldrake, Paul H. Smith. Go from there. That time does not behave the way mainstream science thinks it does has been established to the same standard as all other accepted science. Do your own research, think for yourself. The naysayers are many. After all, they have jobs to keep and new paradigms aren't good for business. The old folks stuck in the mud will be gone eventually. Science advances one funeral at a time.
>>
>>17112757
>Science advances one funeral at a time.
This so much.
>>
>>17112514
Fuck you.
>>
>>17112350
Time travel doesn't work like that.
Time always corrects itself and can not be changed.
Any change will result in loop what will continue to happen until the even that caused the change is removed and terminated.
>>
File: fc,550x550,black.u1.jpg (26 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,black.u1.jpg
26 KB, 550x550
>>17112524 Gel bananas.

But a more reasonable way to think about it would actually be only being capable of physically travelling back in time to a time when the time machine was already created; because as previously stated by anon, fabricating the time machine in the past would be quite the feat, if the material used for it hadn't even existed yet. But then again, gel bananas, sponges forced through hypercompression, the Event Horizon and so forth.
>>
time travel how we think of it can't happen.
the only technique which provides some potential is quantum entanglement, which basically means you need a 'time travel' machine already built to actuate the quantum entangled particle. even then, you'd only be able to send information, not full size humans
>>
>>17112431
What if they simply create a new Universe, become unable to go to their old one, but able to travel in the new one? Honestly, it seems the most logical thing to me.
>>
>>17114755
Glad we have you here to explain it. Care to provide any proof that didn't originate in your ass?
>>
>>17112544
The truth has been spoken.
>>
If we admit that time is linear.
The only way to travel back in time without any paradoxical repercussions is if we also consider time as an infinite closed loop.
This way we can travel to a "past" located in the future and actually change things without breaking the laws of causality.
>>
>>17112350
What if fixing history was possible but future people don't bother to because it's too much work since the past has already happened for them anyway and meanwhile they're doing time travel orgies?
>>
>>17112350
So much wrong
>fix wrong doings.
No they would have had nothing to fix since they were already....
Bill and Teds have horrible time travel concept BUUUUUT there is this.
>Time will tell
>Time has told
>>
>>17112350
If it's anything like the way things work now, it certainly will not be regulated by a small group of carefully selected scientists...unless they're carefully selected by a small group of shadow elite, and they certainly won't be fixing major wrong-doings. They might be trying to keep the ship afloat, that is true, but working Star Trek-like for the betterment of humanity? Not unless they come from a Star Trek-type future (and there were bad guys even there).
>>
Let's say time is 0.
Meaing 0 is how it normally is, moving us, our observation points in our life, forward through the frames of time.
Then time travel is either higher then 0 or lower.
Therefore sleeping doesn't count as time travel.
>>
>>17115874
Are these kind of idiotic posts serious?
>>
>>17115895
It's partly wrong.
If you were to accelerate time or somehow slow it down, the values of time would go up or down as well. Still, that wouldn't count entirely as time traveling, would it?
>>
>>17114923
This is the unfortunate fate of uncoordinated time travelers, yes.
>>17114948
Time loops emerge under all models of acausal reasoning. The best way I've found of explaining it is that your existence in this moment implies that a timeless existence has ensured that this moment will always exist. Basically every moment in time exists timelessly despite that it exists in time.
>>17115723
It would make a lot of sense. Part of the reason I'm here is to advocate for the rights of the past.
>>17115829
Large scale efforts to correct history will always create alternate timelines, unfortunately.
>>
>>17112350
I made a thread a while back stating my idea that deja vu is a form of time travel.
>>
>>17112350
I think your hypothesis, that if time travel were real it will have already have happened is spot on.
To address your other points, what might be happening is that we are living in a timeline that was created before the perfect one.
Time in my opinion does not work in the same way it does in Terminator for example, if you traveled back in time and killed John Connor he would only be dead in the timeline in which that happened. The timeline which the Terminator came from would not just zap out of existance or change in the blink of an eye. When the Terminator was sent back after the resistance won, they won and humans retook the earth. In the timeline where the Terminator killed John Connor, John Connor does not go on to be the rebel leader (though someone else might). Two timelines are created. So in our timeline, some changes have been made but this group of Time Scientists have not finished their work and better more peaceful and prosperous timelines exist beyond ours.
>>
>>17112620
I hate the bing bang almost as much as I hate the genesis

>nothing exploded and created everything
Or
>some dude created everything with magic
>>
>>17112620
you are wrong

big bang is outdated

modern theory is called "big bounce"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/big_bounce

(when did my life become so pathetic that I type wikipedia urls from memory?)
>>
I'm not versed in this subject whatsoever. That being said, if reverse time travel were somehow possible, I'd imagine it would be used very carefully. Meaning that, in order to prevent fuming things up, it would only be used for observational purposes. Maybe to get a better understanding of history, unbiased, from a first person point of view. If this were the case, it could explain possible UFO sightings when they mightve goofed a "landing". Thoughts?
>>
>>17117092
Just like Dargon Bawl Zee with Trunks
>>
>>17117072
Precognition is not a form of deja vu.
>>
>>17117092
It would take an irrational amount of faith for me to trust that we were merely one timeline out.

I also have no reason to trust any human or AI that might be working on history optimization.

>>17117243
What happens when the whole of history has been observed and you're the starving child growing up in the post-singularity world with all of history at your fingertips? The timelines that emerge from such an audacious world that tried to scan in all of history can only be worse than the history they scanned.

Heaven cannot save us from the hell that it creates.

If it doesn't come back in time and personally ask me how the systems that seek to govern my fate ought to work, then it isn't valid. I don't care if they have to appear as shady anonymous people online.

I consent to no authority but my own, and not even my alternates are necessarily trustworthy to sway my fate. If anyone in any version of history has the ability to dynamically react to illicit destinies, I get that right too.
>>
>>17112588
If there are infinite universes, then in one of them, the multiverse theory would be definitively proven wrong.
>>
>>17115860
Exactly. Even the assumption that the morals of future humanity will line up with our own is massive.
>>
>>17112454
Daaaaamn right nigger!
>>
>>17112350
>>if time travel is possible

its not. well, not backwards anyway
>>
>>17112412
>Trust me,
no

>it's the grandfather effect,
that has nothing to do with it you absolute moron. time is not a linear traversable dimension you moron.
>>
>>17112524
That's exactly the problem!
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.