[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this truly the best edition of The Kybalion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Is this truly the best edition of The Kybalion?
>>
>>17106567
who cares. isnt the book a bit outdated?
>>
>>17106581
what's better
>>
>>17106567
Never read it, what did you think of it?
>>
>>17106600
I haven't read it, im hoping someone who has can give me input on whether or not this version is good or if i should seek a different one
>>
File: Hermes2C.jpg (60 KB, 542x830) Image search: [Google]
Hermes2C.jpg
60 KB, 542x830
When you know Hermeneutics is key to Masonry, Illuminati, and even taught to parishioners in the Church it is wise and easy to transcend it.

Everything is half true, truth is relevant, and the occultist in blindness does not dare dabble in absolute truth, so as not to disturb his or her working.

It is a snake eating it's tail. There is no fulfilment in these ends. Wide is the gate to destruction and narrow is the way to life. Relative is wide and absolute is narrow.
>>
>>17106617
you trying to tell me this is good or not? Like is it good as place to start
>>
>>17106690
Depends why you need to read the Kybalion and your intention. Wisdom is useful but what you do with wisdom tends to create a "gray/grey" area.

It is a simple philosophy and can be explained very easily, however it also can be absolutely destroyed by speculations and applications to certain practices.
>>
>>17106719
I heard it was a good introductory text to the occult so i made this thread with the intent of knowing if edition in the pic was the best on available. I remember some Ape saying that "If have an interest in the occult then you are drawn to it out of a need to fulfill that desire, and to have complete satisfaction is it's purpose" or something along those lines i don't remember what was said entirely.
>>
>>17106746
That quote basicaly says:
"If you like ice cream then you will eat ice cream because you like ice cream"

I think you should read some other childs book.
>>
>>17106804
but i want this book anon
>>
>>17106852
Then why don't you go and get it?
Do you really think anyone on/x/ can tell you what is good for you?
Please, you must be kidding. Or bored.

I've read it, I can recommend it if you are into stuff like that.
Don't let your dreams be dreams.
Just do it.
Etc. Etc.
>>
>>17106870
but the edition is the one pictured the best or is there a better one?
>>
>>17106567
Yes. Just get it.
>>
>>17106883
http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/kyb/index.htm
>>
It's the edition sitting on my bookshelf, and I prefer it to the various free pdf editions floating about. But I don't think there's a huge difference between editions in terms of the actual content - that one just has an extended intro with some info about the author and one of his other manuscripts (which isn't as good as The Kybalion).

And yes, it's basically the nuts and bolts of metaphysics. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in any kind of magical or spiritual practice.
>>
>>17106940
thank you. the only fucking answer worth fucking anything in this entire thread.
>>
>>17106940
good work.
Will get it.
>>
>>17106607

Yes, it's the best edition.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.