[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cherokee Animal Medicine.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 13
File: turtle.jpg (5 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
turtle.jpg
5 KB, 250x166
/x/philes, Ask a Practicing Cherokee Medicine Man Anything about Your Spirit Walk!

How to Begin looking for Animal Guidance
Interpretation of encounter/signs/dreams
Guided vision quests/interpretation

If you feel like you're looking for an answer, Maybe it will cross my brdige? Don't be shy.
>>
File: redfoxstare.jpg (252 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
redfoxstare.jpg
252 KB, 800x533
Any advice for someone with a fox spirit guide?
>>
>>17104141
Well, I Respect those who the Fox takes under his wings, The role you play is a potent one and you are usually on the cutting edge. I have a question first though, what is the impact you most wish to leave on our World? A curiosity to satisfy my empathy.
>>
>>17104159
I would like to inspire sadness and a sense of surreal poignancy through my writing.
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 1280x720
hello!

how indeed would one begin looking for and understanding animal guidance?

i feel somewhat of an affinity with raccoons and spiders

the spiders still unnerve me but i would be deluding myself to not take notice
>>
>>17104127
What's a good way to find your spirit animal?
>>
>>17104173
WELL! That should be quite easy for you! I imagine you're familiar with Emotional pain as being a child of of the Fox tends to mean being reserved and misunderstood until you are old enough to fully camouflage into the masses. Thus you understand the ways people hide their pain, even from themselves, and can reveal. My advice to one with the fox spirit would be to be aware that, while camouflage is a powerful tool in pathfinding, once you are confident on your path you don't have to hide yourself any more. That is, Camouflage is your friend, not your curse!
>>
>>17104202
Thanks for the advice! :)
>>
>>17104176
>>17104181
To seek Animal Guidance, Remaining open to their messages is key. While you have many animal spirits that guide your spirit through different aspects, the ones to consult on your own at first would be your Inner, the one who is bound to your soul, and is the core of your spiritual being. Your male and female sides will also walk on your right and left respectively, the male is your warrior spirit while the female represents how you interact with the spiritual world. To find them, I began with Meditation. Simple, focusing on only your breath until your awareness lies solely on your experience. From there, begin a journey of imagery.
Do This with ONE intention in mind, and keep focused on your question posed. In this journey, Find yourself crossing (river, bridge, door, tunnel, etc.) then take note of the world around you, the feelings you feel while taking this in, and any life or encounters you come across. Continue until a natural end. When you are finished, reflect on what happened to you as well as what it may imply toward your intention. This practice will bring your Animals to you and it will click inside you when an animal lets you know it walks with you. I HOpe this helps anon! A ceremony would reveal much more =)
>>
>>17104211
Its a Pleasure anon!
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 199x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 199x464
>>17104127
>>17104176
>>17104181
There's a YouTube video that worked for me, really did see the animals. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g7YerdP79X4.

I did it couple of times in a year space and got different animals so is that normal? I heard as life changes your animal spirt changes but I also heard you have one animal companion for life. The animals I got in order was hawk, green snake, lion and back to hawk.

Any advice for a Hawk/Falcon totem? I still think that spirit animal that landed on my arm was a red tailed hawk pic related. It's been awhile so my memory is hazy. The color matches up but it's seize was smaller. Is there a big difference between hawk and falcon spirit wise? Most websites I read on totem animal meanings usually put them together.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 580x899) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 580x899
>>17104232
thank you for your advice and explanation anon. i am intrigued, will try this tonight :D
>>
>>17104176
=) well Raccoon's carry the medicine of Guardianship of Children. Really a Fierce protective nature over those who don't deserve harm or can't protect themselves. and Spider Carries the medicine of Weaving. Spiritually this entails connecting abstract dots as well as strengthening ties. In a more Physical sense it can have negative connotation in weaving stories to hold together what usually ought to fall apart, but can be a positive medicine in that weaving is beautiful works forged by a your hand.
>>
>>17104127
Hello! I've always had dreams and a very strong connection to opossums. I'm not too sure why because I used to dislike them but now I've become obsessed. I dream about them atleast once a week now. Do you have any ideas what it means or is it just a coincidence?
>>
>>17104127

Hey anon, I'm not familiar with the types and meanings behind animal guides. would you mind giving a short explanation?
>>
>>17104237
Well.. many animal spirits are associated with your spirit walk for different aspects, such as how you act spiritually, how you act physically, how you act naturally with no intent, and how you act with only intention, and more, so when you're seeking council, its probable that, depending on the nature of what you seek, you'll have different spirits answer, In the posted video, the reason, the natural feeling from which your intention sprouted has a lot to do with which animal answered, it seems the first may be the most honest attempt to allow your guide in, as it was curiosity form which your intention stemmed, the subsequent answers, while based off of curiosity also, have additional doubt and desperation folded in your intention, as you rechecked. However, There is one that is exclusive with your soul, and you will always bear their medicine, it is even foundational in interaction with your other animal medicines. Your first answer being hawk, I would accept that as my answer. Which makes the fact that you reviewed the meditation multiple times unsurprising as the medicine of the Hawk is The Messenger. The Hawk spirit carries the messages of Great Spirit to those intended. Those who Fly with the Hawk Spirit are likewise attracted to secrets meant to be known. They see signs as they come and they have instinctual clarity in complicated situations. My advice would be to Trust the answers you get, the right answer won't feel any different than a wrong answer, it is the faith and the trust in execution that will tune your sensitivity to truth! Btw Red is the color of power, so look to fully realize your the signs given to you as the momentum will build for you. Funny story, me and my Other practicing buddy from the next town were just talking about Falcon vs. Hawk medicine as we were not aware of a split. However it was decided that Hawk is Messenger it knows what it seeks. While Falcon medicine is more about the focus, rather than the subject of focus.
>>
I've done a guided meditation before and it showed me that my spirit guide was a lioness, however, I can't find any legit info on the internet about this particular animal totem. There's plenty of information about lions, but not really any specifically of its female counterpart. Are the lion and lioness totems one in the same, or do they each represent different challenges? If you could provide me with any more details I would appreciate it.
>>
>>17104286
Daily reminder these spirit guides are fucking demons and you are all drug addicted retards. I mean how hard is it for some demon spawn to pretend to be a fucking eagle or rat and come and fuck you up. This shit is gayness and evil
>>
>>17104270
Well the Opossum bears the medicine of Strategy, feigning death to avoid predators. Are you at a place in life where you feel stuck or that you dont see escaping? or is there a goal you desire but don't see reaching? The appearance of the opossum is a strong sign to make a plan and execute it. It's a reminder that sheer will and power will not achieve all ends, one must consider and dedicate. You may feel more whole as a person if you dedicate your time to a strategy for making life better for you or others. On the other end, if you feel like you plan life out too much, and things just don't seem to follow your plans and it makes you unhappy, the Opossum may be reminding you that you can plan your entire life, but you can't stop a tornado. I hope this helps a little anon!
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 800x600
>>17104248
mm the guardianship of children resonates with me. i have no children but there are a lot of people in my life whom i feel protective towards. not necessarily younger than me but certainly purer at heart.

the spider one, makes a lot of sense to me too. in a literal sense i make a lot of art with my hands. i could be accused of letting fate make me instead of the other way around. the potential for weaving a more preferred story is encouraging.

thank you for your insights, i appreciate them
>>
>>17104297
Daily reminder that Spiritual Guidance is a Passive act and only Responds to intent from the start. One can not "Become Corrupted" by asking for guidance, One can only Become Aware and Responsible for ones own decisions in life. If you've a taste for Evil, talking to yourself, a guide, or another caring human being will all only push you further in your hatred, just as it would push you toward your love if you have a taste for love. I only offer Clarity so that you may see where you stand in your uncertainty.
>>
>>17104301
I've found that raccoons become the person they needed when they were defenseless.
Spider is a particularly active Medicine, if left unattended one can indeed entangle oneself. Spider is my female medicine, the medicine i traverse the spirit world through. Indeed With the spider comes great power, and with great power comes great responsibility ;)! Shameless plug. Its a Pleasure anon!
>>
>>17104317
I should reiterate that if you have a taste for evil, You still DO have a taste for good, if you really wish to find that within yourself it's easy, but you WILL HAVE TO LET YOURSELF GET HURT. i know that's the center of all Evil is Hurt instead of hurting.. so reverse that darkness on yourself and suffer what you're too scared to suffer and then we will all love your purged ass..
just like we've always wanted to but you wouldn't let us.
>>
>>17104286
Thank you for the help Old Anon. Any tips on reconnecting or working with that hawk spirit?
>>
>>17104295
Well really Lions/lioness/mountain lions are all pretty agreed upon. Leadership is the Medicine of the Lion. The gender will only have subtle differences. Being a female lion, the Leadership role falls more on the spiritual side of your life rather than physical. You may need to take command of where you're growing as a person, or bear the burden of taking responsibility for the growth of those around you who need you in their life. Sorry for the wait, i wanted to consult to be sure I wasn't giving you the "Go to" answer. Hope this Helps anon.
>>
>>17104127

This guy is bullshit. He's practically white.

His answers are also exceedingly canned, as if he's reading blurbs from a Celtic animal dictionary.

Lame.
>>
File: image.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308 KB, 1920x1200
>>17104327
oh shit dude niagra falls rolling out of eyeballs upon reading that 1st sentence. haha did not expect to be affected. intellectually i resist the thought that i was ever at all defenseless but body/emotions say otherwise. to be frank a need to protect certain people was at times my only connection to wanting to experience life. i hope to fulfill this need to the best of my ability. i will try the meditation you mentioned in one of your first posts but i will certainly give more credence to the raccoon energy already in my life, i love them but i sort of dismissed them for a long time because they are common scavengers in my area. aside from the aspects mentioned here i find them to be interesting. one time i saw a whole family, a little tiny baby all the way up to the size of a small dog just hanging out between some dumpsters and the woods - bold and adaptable little critters

and duly noted with regards to the spider! sounds like an epic way to traverse the spirit world. sometimes i watch them and i am struck by how thoughtful and deliberate they appear to be, even graceful in a way. it's honestly a little spooky. i will do my best with my available resources. it's quite time for me to be more responsible, i have wasted a lot of time being careless and the effects have been disturbing. sorry to ramble! bless you anon
>>
>>17104399
Honor is all mine anon! Hawk spirit can be hard to call upon at first. However, some tips would be to be reverend whenever you put your mind to your hawk. The more you think about it, the stronger your connection will be, but you must have a proper perch within yourself for it. The Hawk takes his duty seriously and is to be respected, likewise observe and analyze with care and focused attention. Practice picking up vibes and hints to how people or situations develop to hone your instinctual spotting. Once you feel confident in your medicine, you can also practice putting out messages, how you feel about a situation or news, without having to say outright, Look for more communication than words. Hope that helps anon!
>>
>>17104442
As if i'm doing as well as shared intent will allow long distance.. I usually do this face to face in ceremony having set my whole day around it. I'm sorry if i can not make Your Lizard simply appear in front of you to show you I'm giving my all. I can see you are grounded in skepticism and feel that you can see through all shadow and illusion. Skin color would have nothing to do with spiritual discipline, but your Medicine, the Lizard, is that of Dreaming. Your being revolves around seeing the world from two sides, in the light, then in the shade. Lizards are usually found in the shade because they feel secure in the validity of facts and tangibility, But you're not fooling me, i know Lizard, and I Know you want to be found wrong and shown that dreams happen in the waking world. That's why you visit /x/, that's why you Challenge someone you seem to peg as a Spiritual Authority, when I've only claimed to offer help in finding your own guidance.Hope that Helps Anon.
>>
>>17104127
>>
>>17104481
You aren't an authority. Your quite simply just a flake. You don't have powers. You aren't exceptional. Your delusional and you lie to yourself and others to uphold this whole shaman thing. Again, you have as much insight as a tween with a Celtic animal dictionary. You should feel bad. Nice trying to peg me as a Lizzie though. Cute.
>>
>>17104453
=) Tears heal. Unfortunately i've heard similar stories from others =(, but the perseverance was not wasted, and has earned you the insight will be the fire with which you'll fend off harm from those you protect. Our modern world can seem fabricated to undermine our spiritual nature, for sure. But as with the family of raccoons, lessons and perspectives can't just be boxed out, the mind may see and stand where it pleases, and Man will never separate from the universe where nature rules, so spirit guidance will never be unavailable to you! It can be epic, if not unpreditable. The labor of a spider is vast and meticulous just to eat, but they sure can paint a picture.
>>
>>17104520
Hi, Can you help me find my spirit animal, and offer guidance?
Do you need anything from me?
>>
tell me about the coyotl
>>
>>17104504
>That's why you visit /x/, that's why you Challenge someone you seem to peg as a Spiritual Authority, when I've only claimed to offer help in finding your own guidance.

As i said, I sure am no authority. I never said i was any of those things, you simply assume I Imply them because you assume I imply no one else has insight as I do. Offering perspective on personal development is all that is happening. If you're saying I am looking to feel special, you're wrong. If you think I don't honestly devote myself, time, care, and attention to being certain of where the question stems from, where this person's perspective lies, and what that may entail, and then give an honest answer based on the years i've practiced Cherokee medicine with peers and teachers, Then you are wrong. I am not looking to satisfy ANY part of myself other than my desire to help those who I can. I didn't Try to peg you as anything. You walk with a Lizard.
>>
I have noticed hawks most of my life.I always notice their path is crossing mine breifly and always about the same distance away and in their height, even when I am driving. Some instances I have noticed they fly in my direction slightly ahead of me for a duration. Once one swooped and followed with my car briefly. Just today I saw a hawk being attacked by 3 crows and he was a cool cucumber and lost them with ease after a few pecks. I feel they always bring me to a moment of clarity and I don't know exactly how to read these quick experiences. Is this a real thing or am I just focused on looking for this animal in my daily life.
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 700x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 700x676
>>17104520
i enjoyed communing with you.
i think i will sign off the 'net for now, i feel encouraged/energized

op is based
>>
>>17104127
So having a bird or animal of the air makes the person more spiritual and closer to the heaven . Land animals are more down to earth and focused on the physical world so what does having a marine or aquatic animal guide mean?
>>
File: red-tailed-hawk-wings.jpg (155 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
red-tailed-hawk-wings.jpg
155 KB, 1000x600
>>17104237
>>17104286
>>17104581
I read that seeing a Red-Tailed Hawk as your spirit animal is very special. They bond with you for life and as you mentioned Old Anon, represent the color red of power and the base chakra. Is there anything else the Hawk represents other than power and being a messenger?

In your experience, what kind of people get the hawk as their partner? What kind of career and life can I expect?
>>
>>17104574
I'm merely stating that your 'depth' is retail. You aren't unique. Your 'service' is narcissism. Your just a white man, smitten by First Nations culture. Cut it out. It's disrespectful.
>>
File: Animal-Hugs15.jpg (46 KB, 454x664) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Hugs15.jpg
46 KB, 454x664
>>17104796
Anon, do you need a hug?
>>
Followed the guided meditation in >>17104237
I tried to focus but kept seeing 3 animals. First I noticed most strongly was a deer, then a lynx, and then a bear. How do these three animals work together to guide me? Should I just practice meditation until I only see one? Thanks in advance, I appreciate you taking your time to help people.
>>
File: turtle.jpg (541 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
turtle.jpg
541 KB, 1920x1080
Any advice for someone with a turtle spirit guide?
>>
>>17104796
You seem upset.
>>
/thread?
>>
>>17104127
I have since long dreamed about the snake, I kept seeing imagery. Now I take care of a pet snake. In my dreams the snake usually needs my help.

Any general tips or pointers?
>>
>>17104127
Are you ok with Green Peace and PETA?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.