[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people even afraid of ghosts? What's the worst that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: showposter.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
showposter.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
Why are people even afraid of ghosts? What's the worst that can happen? You end up telling a story on the discovery channel?
>>
Because encountering a ghost is proof that the world does not exist as you knew it. Your entire life experience is inherently wrong, everything you ever knew and believed in has been broken. There is an afterlife and you are condemned to it.
>>
they are designed to bring out your instinctual fear of the dark/unknown and live in dark places.
>>
Rationally, it makes no sense to be afraid of ghosts since the most they can do is, what, scratch you? Cats do that, too.

If I was in an abandoned place and heard noises, I wouldn't be afraid of it being a ghost, per se, that it could be an actual person -- though, seeing an apparition would be scary, too, since you're trying to reconcile what shouldn't be.
>>
Quantum physics proves that ther could be an afterlife. If all particles are entangled that means an exact copy of you exists in a plane we cannot see. If the spirt realm were this plane it would include all people, it would be a staging platform for life where your sole is entangled with the earth, that's why you would be able to see ghosts after they are dead, because it's them accessing there entangled particles on the other side
>>
>>17104036
You go on thinking that.
>>
You don't know what the limits of a ghosts's power are. It's intangible, so it probably can't be destroyed with weapons or locked out or in anywhere - no matter how far you run or how much you try to exorcise it, you can never be sure it's gone.

It can be invisible and silent, so you can't tell where it is or if it's there at all. It can probably exercise some form of supernatural power, and again, you don't know the limits of this power - it could be limited to just throwing shit at you, or it could magically prevent you from leaving, possess you, control your body or mind, suddenly tear you apart where you stand, and so on.

I'm not exactly sure how ghosts are seen in most paranormal circles, but as far as fiction goes, you can easily justify writing a ghost's abilities however you want, up to and including making it completely intangible, invisible, invincible, unstoppable, omniscient, and omnipresent.

Seems like plenty of reason to be afraid of it to me.
>>
well to be frank i'd be freaked out if there was a LIVING stranger marching up and down my hallway at night and slamming my doors. It's a massive invasion of your privacy and is trespassing on what you believed to be your personal space.
Worse yet is that the whole thing challenges your beliefs and messes with your mind in general. I've never experienced an "angry" room until I lived in a place with this kind of thing. But once you experience it it sticks with you and you never forget it.
>>
>>17104036

It's just human instinct to be unnerved by having something stalk you or creep around you especially if you can't see it.

You stop being afraid of it after enough exposure though, but that doesn't mean you become entirely comfortable with it. The most difficult part is trying to sleep in a haunted place when something doesn't want you to sleep.
>>
>>17104036
Fucking Hollywood.
>>
>>17104036
Imagine some invisible Nigga sneaking up on you all the time fucking with your shit, you can't stop them and if you make them angry it can get worse.
What I'm saying is I guess it's because it causes the feeling of being powerless within your own home, the place you are supposed to feel safe in.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.