[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intrusive Thoughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 3452889_154054_lt.jpg (55 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
3452889_154054_lt.jpg
55 KB, 480x270
Do you ever have exceedingly intrusive thoughts that mess you up? Like, when you think of killing someone or doing something heinous in vivid scenario-based detail?

Sometimes I think through a scenario where I'm hanging out with a friend and let's say I'm holding an object. All of a sudden I imagine bashing them over the head with that object after an impulsive thought takes over, and in panic, I keep swinging until they stop breathing.

Sometimes these thoughts fuck me up hard, especially when I'm inebriated, and it makes me wonder: is this how it happens? Is this how people become killers? Recently I've been thinking about this and have made a note of barring myself from physical contact with my friends during bouts of intrusive thinking for fear of actually doing something.
>>
>>17103252

No but I've seen this topic come up before and I also know of people who admitted that they couldn't keep negative thoughts out of their heads which I thought was interesting.

I think being free of negative thoughts especially violent or dark ones is important so I feel somewhat bad for anyone who struggles with negative intrusive thoughts, not in a condescending way but everyone deserves to know what it's like to get through a day without any dark or disturbing thoughts, just like getting consecutive nights of sleep without having nightmares.
>>
>>17103252
Sometimes. It's weird because I absolutely abhor violence.

I hope you didn't take that image yourself, my man.
>>
Look up pure o ocd, that's what you are describing. I have it myself, other anons with it have posted about it in response to similar threads and it's most likely what you are experiencing. So yea..look it up cause this OCD anon has to go to bed.
>>
What do the thoughts mean to you OP?
If you want them to go away you gotta get down to their roots, I think
Easier said than done
And that doesn't even necessarily mean they are solvable

Intrusive thoughts come from -somewhere-, so what you have to do is find out where they're coming from, I think.
>>
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/pure-o-ocd-have-you-ever-had-a-strange-intrusive-thought-that-you-couldnt-let-go-of-9743847.html
>>
>>17103262
It's kind of rare for me to get intrusive thoughts to the degree I described, while normal "lol what if i just punched my friend in the nuts" come up more often, and I don't lose any sleep over it. It mostly just makes me curious about the nature of killers because while I consider myself a very compassionate person with a calm temper (I've never been in a fight and I sympathize very easily) I can see where the impulsive action & panic can both set in on a dime, and suddenly you're responsible for something horrible.

>>17103268
I literally googled "bloody baseball bat" lol

>>17103270
I looked it up and it describes a lot of things that I feel in very mild doses. I don't think I have this but I've never actually heard of it before so it's pretty interesting.

>>17103272
I've had a very pampered childhood and next to no traumatic experiences, so I can't imagine anything that would influence my thoughts in that way besides internet exposure to fucked up shit.
>>
>>17103281
Okay reading this shows how little I actually looked at when I googled "pure o ocd". Maybe I do actually suffer from this because it describes this pretty perfectly.
>>
Sure i do, thoughts that come out of absolutely nowhere, right?

I call them flash thoughts
sometimes i get an image of myself, but the left side of my face is all wrong, eye sunken, lip split, skin darkened, etc. I also sometimes get images of me stabbing myself through the hand or thigh
sometimes i just suddenly realize that whomever is standing next to me, i could very easily inflict a lot of violence on them
when standing next to a rail or something i sometimes get the feeling of jumping off it
and sometimes, they're literally just random and have no relevance to what i thought about before at all
like yesterday, walking through a carwash with a huge branch of a tree flashed through my mind
Why would i do that? no idea, probably not a good idea
>>
This is a common human thing. Hell we do it on a daily basis in social norms, it says nothing of you only that you can realize something and choose to not act on it.

Another tidbit...torturing animals as a child is not indicative of growing up to be a serial killer, alot of kids do it. Its only when you get older that you have a conscious to realize that you are not suppose to do it.
>>
I kind of have these but its not images, just sound.

Pretty much every day to every couple days, I hear a newscaster reporting about my death, usually saying that I shot myself, but the cause of death varies from time to time.

It's always just a small portion of audio, a few seconds long, that repeats itself a fee times before going away, i never hear the full story.

Probably just depression and narcicissum interacting.
>>
as with all unwanted or uninvited reoccuring thoughts ranging from a strange pull towards a certain subject or push towards a certain action, it's demons testing the perimeters and seeing how easily influenced or suggestible you are.
>>
Listen to this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iWDjlHNyu-s&itct=CBIQpDAYAyITCIyA5-3j58kCFYumvgodU3wCRDIHcmVsYXRlZEjrlJSrkfrazCg%3D
>>
>>17103252
nothing so murderous like that

but sometimes when I am holding a beer or soda while talking to someone, way in the back of my brain I am imagining dumping it on their head. Mostly because of how absurd it would be and its something that would make no sense. I would feel terrible if I just dumped a drink on a friend or stranger that I was just talking to in real life,' so my mind sort of plays devils advocate like how fucked up would it be to do that right now?"
>>
>>17103476
I love to drink but had to curtail it a bit. Sometimes for no reason I really want to get drunk. Its not a response to a bad day or anything. It just sounds like the best idea in the world for that moment.

Either that demon is suggesting that I drink 24/7 and only once a week it gets through or he is smart enough to shut up all week and all of a sudden yells "GET DRUNK MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!".
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.