[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sp57ky numbers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 640x485) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 640x485
Is there anything paranormal about seeing a specific number more than usual? I swear I see the number 57 everywhere I go. inb4 confirmation bias and inb4 Jim Carrey.
>>
>>17100396
seeing anything more than usual is pretty spoopy m8
>>
>>17100396
Confirmation bias.
>>
>ameriburger weapons
>>
The reason you immediately knew to in b4 confirmation bias and Jim Carrey is because it's an extremely common phenomenon.

It happens enough where by definition it definitely isn't paranormal. I remember feeling like the number 17 was following me everywhere, and maybe 8 years before that I felt like I was seeing the letter R in all sorts of weird places.

Someone will come into this thread and try to be all meta and mysterio and talk about some grand "we are all god" or something bullshit, but all the inb4s in the world can't save you from confirmation bias this time.
>>
I keep having a similar thought, but with words, specifically words I'm not familiar with. I've always been a pretty heavy reader, and I tend to notice when I see a new word for the first time. Often though, I find myself seeing a word for the first time that I can recall in my entire life, and then seeing the same word just a few hours later in a completely new place. What's up with that?
>>
People will say confirmation bias, but for an occultist it does not have to stop there: Why is subconsciousness biased to _that_ number? What is the numerologist meaning?

Remember, you did not consciously and rationally chose this number. It's either coming from within, or as part of your environment. There is deeper to dig (I you want to) than: My brain made an oopsie, so case closed. Don't let other's rigidness and close-mindedness destroy any soul searching.
>>
>>17100421
Absolutely lethal, mind you.
>>
>>17100458
Cool anon 17's my lucky number and the funny thing is my name begins with R.
Its just synchronicity OP it happens to me all the time, from numbers appearing everywhere
to the tv finishing my sentences or saying the same thing as me at the same time.
Some days it happens more than others.
>>
Dude when I was little, I would always look at the clock at 9:11 and is didn't know why
>>
Why do people think that seeing numbers/letters/what ever a lot is paranormal / spooky?
I mean, who cares?
It's not like the number 57 is going to jump out of a billboard you see down the road and murder you, so why would it matter if you just happen to consciously notice it more often than others?
>>
>>17101153
> tfw saw 23 and 33 in your post time
spoopy
>>
>>17100917
yeah, that much fat is only able to be processed by a single exotic entity in this world

the extremely rare "amergun" mammal
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.