[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /x/ It's been a long time since I've been here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: hand.png (1 MB, 675x792) Image search: [Google]
hand.png
1 MB, 675x792
Hello, /x/

It's been a long time since I've been here. Last I was here was probably in 2011. I missed those creepy nights in my old farm house reading creepypastas with the lights out.

Anyway, I've a topic for all of you here. I'm not sure where else to post this but it's something I enjoy discussing among friends.

It's about perspective, what makes you - you?

If technology ever reaches a point where the human body and mind can be 100% augmented, your memories reprogrammed into your brain, including physical mannerisms and your speech patterns, are you still really you?

At that point, when your mind and body is replaced 100% with machinery and electronics, what kind of conscious would that be? It's no longer organic. No longer human, technically. So is the real you now dead, and replaced by a machine, or is it our memories and thoughts that we created in our life that makes us who we are?

Say you do this, and from someone else's perspective of you, they don't notice any difference(They never knew you became a machine). The only people knowing this are you and the technicians doing this to you.

So with everyone's consensus that you are still you, and you are still creating memories, is it others' perspectives that therefore make you who you are, and not you being what you think you are?
>>
>>17100184
bump
>>
File: 1443457199282.gif (2 MB, 443x300) Image search: [Google]
1443457199282.gif
2 MB, 443x300
>>17100212
If not here, is there at least some place on the net I can go to have these kinds of topics that's as fast moving as 4chan?
>>
>>17100214
try 8
>>
>>17100184

covert data mine says what?
>>
>>17100310
I'm not with the FBI nor am I with the FDA. I'm with the FIB.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.