[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Morning /x/. This is the discussion thread on the future of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7
File: x radio logo.png (72 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
x radio logo.png
72 KB, 500x390
Morning /x/. This is the discussion thread on the future of /x/ radio. If you’ve signed up on the google document [1] you should have a more in depth email explaining the purpose of this thread.

If not, don’t worry. This thread is where you should present your ideas on what /x/ radio should be about. This is all encompassing from topics, organization, etc. The key idea is to exchange views and have them critiqued in such a way that will be beneficial to all. We want you to have a better understanding of your own ideas and see how they take shape with feedback.

This thread will be open officially for 48 hours. After that time, you should start to reflect on your own views and prepare an email submission, you’ll have 72 hours from the official closure of the thread to submit your ideas to [email protected] . Emails sent after 6AM GMT on the 23rd of December 2015 will not be considered when the policy document for /x/ radio is formed.

The policy document will be a compromise of the views presented in the submission emails and will form the basis of what /x/ radio will produce in the coming months. While it will be the most cohesive representation of the points submitted, it may not and probably will not be exactly what you want it to be. To date there are 23 people involved with the radio in some capacity and compromise is key.

While we appreciate and encourage discussion from /x/philes, only people previously signed up to the radio spreadsheet will be counted when forming radio policy. Sign ups are still open though!

Check the google document for information, including submission periods and time zone conversions. You should also bear in mind the pending transparency policy vote when submitting your emails.

[1] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gC8vqKJX18isuoWRLJLY8cfgeTU0-KkYQVUrmL49bVI/edit?usp=sharing

VO: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1UsccOGjfaj
Hosted & produced by midnightlight, written by Tubba Rubba & Histories Repeat
>>
This needs structure, but predestined positions are inherently beneficial to that. It goes without saying that if someone is garbage then they could be kicked off by vote. We can't have that however unless there is already someone there to BE kicked off. A compromise to this could be a poll based voting system on a website other than 4chan that can take up a simple vote as to who runs a position out of a certain amount of contestants. There is a difference between chosen by the community, and BEING made FROM the community. Essentially, it should be heavily involved with the audience, but not to the point where you can't tell the difference between the audience and the content creators.
>>
The making an /X/radio is a great idea. Already there are a great amount of supporters helping to create and build this dream.

In order for this to survive, I feel, there would need to be a system of positions. Without it people who would invest large
portions of their time and creative energy face the threat of being undercut by people who just walce in and expect eveything.
So this is what I present:

1. The collaboration of the community so far has been great, after a certain amount of days we shut the gate to the community. those who have helped build and shape it deserve the right to be a permanent part of it.

2. The entirety of the show should be dived up between 3 or 4 time slots where 3 or 4 groups cover different themes, That way people who are into creepypastas and greentext stories dont have to listen to conspiracy theories or discussions on deep sea and so on.

3. At this point we can start building the nitty gritty. The times, segments, who wants to write what. A large amount of this will
be taken from what the community wants.

Once we start sorting out who is going to do what we will then quick learn who is didicated and who is not.

PODCAST OR BROADCAST VIEW:
I feel braodcasting this would be too much effort at the moment. If this whole thing turns out to be a success then maybe we can look
at some other options.

I believe in the heart of /X/, there lies an /X/Radio.
>>
>>17098060
I used to be a member of the /x/radio back in 2009-2010. My name was Vault. Is anyone involved with this from the old show? I miss all you faggots.
>>
do an episode about number stations
>>
>>17098282
InspectorMan reporting in~
>>
>>17098320
I vaguely remember you. I haven't heard from Anony, Loli, or tesseract in years. We had a good thing going on, what happened?
>>
>>17098132
I agree to a point but I don't advocate a hierarchy at all. I was around for the old /x/ radio and as soon as someone had the power to use their influence over others for any personal gain, they did.

A flat team of widely accepted contributors/ radio runners who all had democratic votes to bring people in/out of that voting group would be the most beneficial. unless you had ten people in the group who would just lie to get you in to the kool kids klub like them (which is highly unlikely) your community contributions would have to speak for themselves.
>>
>>17098340
That is the beauty of having groups, the power is separated,
>>
>>17098338
the guy who ran it went to shit, and is generally not a great guy.
let's keep it on the debating topic, though. this group has real potential.
>>
>>17098282

We're big on the separation of board and radio. Nobody from the current /x/ radio will identify themselves here and we'd appreciate it if you didn't either.
>>
I think we should have its scheduled in a way that everyone gets together and write among themselves bits or segments, edit them, then we put it together and that's the show. We plan it ahead of time so that me can ask the community what they want for the topic, ie, skinwalkers, bigfoot, ufos, etc. This gives people time as we are not all in the same time zones. I think it should be bi weekly, so a show every two weeks. What do you guys think?
>>
>>17098404
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of an /x/ radio? Why not just be a paranormal talk radio?
>>
>>17098265
Groups working on different themes would be good
>>
>>17098421

We want to discuss issues that /x/ is interested in, not be /x/ celebrities.
>>
>>17098450
Look. I used to be a part of the old /x/ radio. I had no idea there was a group of people trying to set up a new /x/ radio. I'm not trying to be an /x/ celebrity, I fucking hate the tripfags and such that do. I enjoyed the camaraderie that we used to have ( which was 90% off board). You've got me wrong, dude. I enjoyed contributing to the show. Hell, I even hosted it a few times. That being said, I would love to help, I just didn't know you had a thing about separating the board and the radio.
>>
>>17098497

No worries. Check out the google doc posted in the OP for more information.

One of our big things is being open minded as well, I apologise if I came in too heavy and came off as offensive. Everyone ITT from /x/ radio has been asked to keep in mind that disagreement is good etc just for this thread, I didn't think to tone my post down for someone who hadn't had the email.

Anyway yeah, check us out, sign up whatever.
>>
Speaking of old /x/ radio, does anyone have any of the old shows? I'd like to give it a listen.

I would think that this might be a good idea in terms of show format:

1. We have our intro, which basically acts as a table of contents for the podcast.
2. The main content, whether it's segments from parts of the show we've thrown together (radio interviews, short/long discussions, pasta readings, audio plays, story readings)
3. Closing out

I also think we should have dedicated sections where we have people who work on specific parts of the show (audio, tech, writing) with team leaders in each section.
I'm also a big sucker for quality, so while I think everyone who can contribute should be able to participate, only those people who can produce something of quality should be doing introductions and leading host discussions.
>>
>>17098608

Continued from this post, I also want to say we should do a monthly podcast, with special broadcasts for special events, like Halloween.
>>
>>17098608
I used to have every single episode recorded, but I lost the computer with them a long time ago, sorry.
>>
I'd like to see some noob friendly segments. Since the signups were open to everyone including those new to the paranormal community. Maybe some brief rundowns of topics that get covered.
>>
>>17098626

Why not other holiday types like today be for Halloween. I would even say include anniversaries for some of the more famous hauntings or known conspiracies, even unsolved and bizarre murder cases. It wouldn't hurt to create a channel on YouTube with podcast's and graphics related to the topics that just follows the conversation. That way it can be accessible either way and get more people to listen.
>>
I'm an actual ghost hunter in the blue ridge mountains. I inherited a bunch of equipment and physical evidence from a family member and I'm trying to carry on the legacy. This is a big part of my life. I have a group of IRL friends and about once a month we find a place that has some spooky history and go visit it. We record audio and video separately, and we record in both digital and analog. I could live stream one of my outings for the show. I live in a hotbed of paranormal activity, so you never know what might happen.
>>
Compiling and discussing EVPs would be good.
>>
I have a lot to offer for an /x/ radio show. I've been a lurker/poster here for years now and I've got a long time background in online media in general. I've done YouTube content for close to seven years and have done various podcasts as well. So I know very well how to actually get done what it seems you guys want to do. The idea of an /x/ and paranormal based online show has crossed my mind for a long time over the years, and moreso now as Art Bell's show has unfortunately decided to take such a retardedly disastrous turn straight into the ground. I never though that people would actually put their heads together and get something like this in motion, but I'm more than willing to help with this project. You'll be getting a large email from me in a few hours with my ideas and suggestions to not make this a total failure and waste of time.
>>
>>17099174
you'll probably have to drop the whole name thing in conjunction with the radio first and the place for ideas is this thread so that everyone can discuss them
>>
>>17099200
Firstly.
"We're big on the separation of board and radio. Nobody from the current /x/ radio will identify themselves here and we'd appreciate it if you didn't either."

"We want to discuss issues that /x/ is interested in, not be /x/ celebrities."

Drop the edgy attitude now if you want this thing to survive at all. It's not remotely professional sounding and it nearly deterred me from even having interest in this had I not seen a chance this could actually go somewhere. The way that is worded makes you come off as total prick even though that's not your intention. So what if people want to gain some recognition from being a part of this. Not a bad thing, and there literally IS no point in hosting a radio show if the people hosting are just blank voices that have zero individual personalities. How is an audience supposed to connect with that? Also, whether you like it or not, interacting with the board absolutely will be dead important. Why? Because from that you would be able to gauge what people wanted and what they didn't want then just ghost posting and guessing what will work next. You want to know your demographic and you want to be known by them as well.

You're going to want to line up a few guests and topics that people actually want to listen to. No one wants to hear about new age garbage. Art Bell's show was filled with that bullshit recently and it's absolutely retarded as hell. Coast to Coast has been completely ruined by it. All of those people are lunatics trying to sell autobiographies of how insane they are, or just "muh healing herbs and snake oil". Literally. Not worth the interview, not worth the waste of time.

(cont. because this was going to all one large email)
>>
>>17099224
Topics you want to stay with when you don't do guests can range from anything like UFOs, conspiracies, ghosts/the afterlife, spiritual discussions, but just stay away from new age shit, I'm not kidding. For whatever reason so many people lump that stuff in with the paranormal and it has nothing at all to do with it. It's a boring topic that will lose you listeners fast. I wouldn't suggest just overall general conversations of these topics, find something in particular that you might want to focus on (ie Roswell incident, Kecksburg, the Spricom device or something along those lines). Generals are okay but really getting into a particular topic of that overall discussion will help keep the show streamlined.

Keeping to consistent schedule, no brainer. Probably want to consider a night time weekend slot at first, once a week or biweekly. I suggest that at first in order to properly get the bearings going so that you don't crash and burn trying to do too much right off the mark.

Dedicated segmentation. IE, intro, news/whatever, introduction of guest or topic, discussion with guest or topic, (if you plan on taking calls), do so then, closing statements, outro. This keeps your show to unified format. You won't want to deviate from that and make it impossible to follow.
>>
>>17099233
Finally, a few questions. Where do you guys plan on hosting the show? What is the expected run time for it, and what day/days will it be on the air?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>17099174
>>17099224
>>17099233
>>
One thing is that the host should always keep an open mind.
>>
>>17099224

>you can't interact with the board without a name

Literally everyone in the thread is doing that right now except you.

Nobody has suggested anything you're arguing against.

I hope you don't sign up, but I can't stop you. If you act like this in any official /x/ radio capacity you will quickly be removed.

This thread is to discuss concepts, not for you to fuck about with your "I'll make it so you're not wasting your time" bullshit.

I await your further posts with a raging fucking hard on, you prick.

If you think I'm being unprofessional, feel free to stay away from /x/ radio.
>>
>>17099233

>Probably want to consider a night time weekend slot at first, once a week or biweekly.

It's like you haven't even looked at any of the work we've done so far, or spoke to anyone involved for the last week about what's going on and how we're handling stuff like that. lmao oh wait
>>
>>17099233

>>17099244

I think /x/radio show is a bit of a misnomer at the minute. The discussion so far has been more focused towards podcast format, possibly monthly to begin with but its all up for discussion this weekend. The point about having a recognisable identifiable host(s) is a good one though and something to be considered.
>>
>>17099174
>You'll be getting a large email from me in a few hours with my ideas and suggestions to not make this a total failure and waste of time.

>he thinks this piddle constitutes a "large email"

lmao this would be a short intro on some of the /x/ radio emails
>>
>>17099264
I sort of agree with him. Your intentions are good, but could easily be misconstrued as a form of elitism, especially when it's following that bit about there being a time limit on when you can join.

Whatever, anyways, I hope there will be a debate show where it's skeptics vs claimants, or maybe just a show about debunking shit. As long as there's a show that's essentially "You're wrong and here's why."
>>
>>17099304

Not at all, there is no time limit on joining, just on contributing to the policy borne from this thread. People have been prepping for days how to handle this, thousands of words have been flung around by email, instructions, requests, advice, endless discussions have taken place to prepare people for this thread.

There's no way anyone can walk in to this thread without the background knowledge and present the right kind of information.

You can still sign up!
>>
Hey guys, I see you are in need of a show to get your paranormal fix since Art had to "step away". Lucky for you the solution is simple, become a Coast Insider.

As a Coast Insider, you can listen to the show live or on-demand with your computer or mobile device. All audio streams are delivered in high quality, crystal clear audio.

Additionally, you can download past shows, chat with hosts and special guests, and e-mail the show host directly.

All this for only $6.95 a month, that's cheaper than Netflix! So why don't you come take a ride with the #1 show in late night paranormal radio, Coast To Coast AM!
>>
>>17099312
Well fuck, sorry.
I'm even more confused now, explain it to me like I'm literally retarded.
What does the time limit apply to?
>>
>>17099316
Go to bed noory
>>
>>17099318

This thread is for discussing the overall aims of /x/ radio as well as presenting any sundry ideas such as a new name, frameworks for hosting the podcasts online, frameworks for removing toxic influences, how to handle the management of /x/ radio, ideas on the best chat tool, how long podcasts should be, how frequent and so on. Things like how teams should be run are a big deal, we want an anonymous forum for both contributors and /x/philes to talk about whether everyone should be involved on every podcast or whether we should have a more valve like system where people float between groups to produce content which is then voted on by the contributors before being presented to /x/.

The overall aims are the kind of content we want to produce, we have people kicking about ideas to do field broadcasts on urbex and haunted places, OC creepypasta readings, discussion of spooky media, films, books and such, or whether we want to go a more generic route.

It's been a long time in planning, it's not just a dive in and hope for the best operation. That's why people who haven't been involved to date can't submit their ideas for consideration, they don't have the background on the discussion surrounding it.

We've had several votes so far, a vote on official /x/ radio email transparency, i.e. anonymously publishing replies to votes is currently ongoing. We've had a preliminary vote on podcast release, with monthly seemingly the preferred option to start with.

We're also collating information on skills, equipment and timezones to create a working schedule for people.

If you check the google doc you'll see what we're up to. Most of it is protected while this thread is ongoing to prevent vandalism resulting from exposure, but you can still sign up. The link is in the OP.
>>
>>17099318
>>17099337

The time limit is 48 hours for contributors to consider their ideas, then a 72 hour submission period will open for the contributors to reconsider their ideas in light of discussions they've had in the thread.

At the end of the 72 hour vote period, which is 6AM GMT 23 Dec 2015, we'll start working on a policy document that refines the varied views of the contributors in to a cohesive policy document, mission statement and rules page.

Throughout this discussions will continue on the technical aspect of how to make this work with some of the very skilled and very dedicated tech people involved. We're currently looking at how to make jingles, idents and other radio basics. Feel free to pitch in on those areas if you can help!
>>
>>17099318
>>17099337
>>17099347

Also we're hoping to have the policy document, mission statement, rules, schedule, roster and tech support and all the associated aspects up in the first week of January, so work proper can begin then.

This is not an amateur organisation by any stretch of the imagination, and we will succeed, but we'll do it together, as a community. We're always looking for new members, skill levels and experience aren't important. Sign up and get involved!

This should all be in the OP, but I made an executive decision to cut the OP down to 1 post so that people would actually read it. That was a bad decision and I can only apologise.
>>
>>17099347
>refines the varied views of the contributors in to a cohesive policy document, mission statement and rules page.
Ah, okay, that's a good idea. As long as you still keep an eye on these threads for feedback and new ideas.
>If you check the google doc you'll see what we're up to
Completely crashes my phone, as google docs does when a document is too complicated. If its just plain text you could copy/paste the important bits for either the OP in the general, or even the whole thing on pastebin.

I'm really excited to see what comes of this, but I have absolutely no skills or resources so I'll just be lurking in the threads.
>>
File: Nishikino_Maki.png (198 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
Nishikino_Maki.png
198 KB, 330x330
Still need a guest? Ill talk about my religion that im writing for god. Hit me up
[email protected]
>>
>>17099358

We will be constantly reviewing policies, but that will be relatively minor compared to the scale of input in the formation of new policy.

The document is complicated because it's our central resource. The splash page has our logo, posted in the OP and some information on how google docs work. Also rule #1, the only rule, is summarised as don't be a dick. Some people have played around on there a bit too.

The next tab is a sign up sheet with a lot of fields and entries. Then we have a contact page with info on upcoming planned discussions and /x/ archives, also some timezone conversions.

Then a stats page which collates some basic information like number of people per time zone, number of mics, number of people with access to audio software etc. Also a category for cat herding. We have 1 member in it.

Then we have a couple of results tabs that list results of votes.

We might move to a better format as we grow, but for now google docs is fine. If you want to sign up feel free to email me and I'll let you know what info I need to put you on the list. You don't need to access the doc after that if you don't want to, official conversations are by email and we shoot the shit on skype.
>>
>>17099365

Already got you on the associates list from the last thread friend-o. We're still nailing down policy here so it will be a while before we decide whether you're the kind of person we'll want to talk to.

Even then you'll have to pass a vote (or whatever equivalent is put in place by this thread) before we can contact you.

We appreciate your enthusiasm though! Send an email to the address in the OP if you want to discuss it further.
>>
Need round table discussion of spoopy phenomenon.

Field reports.

Interviews.

Rituals.

OC creepypasta stories.

News.
>>
Suggestions on format:

Monthly podcast, 30 - 45 minutes in length.

Reasons: chiefly with the pilot episode to prove we can walk before we can run. Also, if we get 2 hours worth of submissions / content rather than spunking it all on the first show then having to do it all again from scratch within a month, makes sense to hold back and have material in the pipeline. It also allows more time for quality control.

For extra spoopiness we could consider releasing it on a meaningful date - e.g. on a full moon, /x/ related birthday etc.

Suggestions on content:

Essentially what has been said already - news, reviews, interviews, personal experiences / spoopy stories, field material, noobs guides / overviews, fictional short or serialised stories. Anyone can contribute to content. If you have zero skill or means to produce yourself but have a killer idea, great send it in. If you have access to equipment and the ability to produce your own segment, great send it in. I would say anything with a general consensus of being /x/ related is fair game, and nothing illegal. There's a couple of topics I'd personally steer clear of but majority rules.
>>
What guests would people like to hear?
>>
I think that it's perfectly acceptable for hosts to be named and recognisable.

It's okay for people to say, 'Hey, I like Greg, he's my favourite host.'

But Greg doesn't necessarily need to have a presence on /x/ as a result. We don't want Greg to start tripfagging around and starting 'ask me anything' threads.

There's a happy middle-ground here.

Further, I don't think that it has been explained well, but what I have figured is that the reason it's '/x/ radio' and not just 'spooky radio' is because it will directly deal with /x/ culture in some way.
>>
Thoughts:

1) Each month, elect a "benevolent dictator" from a list of volunteers who will be responsible for coordination.

2) Collect all recorded submissions from the mob each week.

3) Once enough material is collected, the dictator will get to choose what's in and what's out for that month's show and appoint volunteers to handle the technical work (editing, publishing, etc.).

4) We praise or blame the dictator for the resulting show, and repeat the process next month.

I'm hoping that we will have a diverse set of segments each month, covering a wide variety of paranormal interests, since my impression is that the show will need to appeal to a number of different tastes. I'm also in favor of enforcing transparency by publishing all group communications, keeping everyone anonymous using pseudonyms, and having a strict policy against self-promotion. I also hope that we can find a way to create a secure, community-managed, donation system that can be used to fund the show.

Personally, I'm hoping that the show has lesser-known or unknown guests on to talk about stuff they are directly involved with or have experienced for themselves. It would also be nice to have creative fiction mixed in, in case guests are unavailable or the real-world stuff is unexciting.
>>
>>17099380
Could whoever is hosting the spreadsheet also host a google word doc for recording and commenting on the different proposed policies?
>>
>>17100164

The short answer is probably.

We're in the middle of a transparency vote right now which will decide whether email replies in response to official /x/ radio business will be published (anonymously) on a google word doc for people to browse.

The categories for response are no, don't publish, opt out system, opt in system, and other. In hindsight there should have been a yes option for publish all and if you don't agree you just don't reply to official /x/ radio business.

The results of that poll close at 1AM GMT on the 20th Dec 2015, that's 5 hours before this thread officially closes and the submission period opens. We hope to have the results collated, published and a results email sent out before the submission period opens so that people will know whether their email may be published.

If you were signed up before the transparency email went out at 1AM 17th Dec 2015 you'll have one in the inbox of the email address you signed up with. If not, it's too late to get one now, but make sure you sign up to be included in any future votes. Unless we go with that benevolent dictator thing above.

tldr if the /x/ radio contributors agree to have their emails published then yes, but some may still opt out.
>>
>>17100142
>1) Each month, elect a "benevolent dictator" from a list of volunteers who will be responsible for coordination

It would be unpossible for that to go wrong.
>>
Just some ideas, sorry if it's choppy im on mobile:
Once it is determined who is going to host, each of the chosen hosts are given broad categorizations as to what topics their segment would be on (i.e. Creepypastas, /x/-related news, interviews, etc), the hosts then consult with the people assigned to research/write scripts and record their bit to be submitted for approval.
All approved bits are then edited together as one big sequential audio file. Timestamps are given in the description of the cast as to what specific topics are covered, and when.

It seems that monthly based podcasts are the best bet for us, at least for now.
>>
File: image1.png (139 KB, 917x871) Image search: [Google]
image1.png
139 KB, 917x871
>>17099264
Well feel free to shove it straight into my ass and thrust because I deserve it then. Now that I've read through your Google Doc a bit more about it and it seems you guys DO actually know what you're doing.

People have tried this before here over the years and abysmally failed because they had little to no working knowledge of how radio shows work or how to keep them interesting so this all had me a bit apprehensive. Now that my ego has taken a good well needed rape back its senses, there are a LOT things I can actually offer to what you're doing here if you're willing to forgive my complete autism from earlier.
>>
>>17100612
It's OK bro. I know what you mean.

As someone who's been doing the thread VOs, I know people can have some hesitation, but I firmly believe that we can make something great.

Don't take it too hard, we would love to have you on the team.
>>
>>17100244
Yep! But at least we have someone to blame (other than ourselves), and we can burn them at the stake.
>>
I wish you all luck but the amount of micromanaging and democracy going on so far has me concerned. Keep it simple and just do it. The more people who are involved the messier things will become. What I've seen in the past two threads is bordering on anal retentive behavior. Actions speak louder than words and if you are more interested in management than creativity this is going to be difficult for you. Good luck.
>>
>>17100612
Give this anon a big hug.
>no homo
>>
What I'd like to do is find other anons who have a shared interest in a certain topic and they could work together on a segment. Additionally, there should be a "main host(s)" (this could be permanent or per episode) that would talk in between segments and introduce them. This would give the podcast a nice flow.
>>
Dakka dakka dakka bump
>>
>>17100244

With a decent production schedule in place, coordinating the podcast should be more of a case of seeing where we are at any given stage and where we should be, see if anything is slipping, just keeping everyone in check. I mean this first one or two will no doubt be chaotic as everything is brand new and things are being created from scratch, but after a couple we all should have a good idea of what needs doing and when by. Then we can blame the schedule when it goes tits up, absolving ourselves.
>>
>>17100978
>Actions speak louder than words and if you are more interested in management than creativity this is going to be difficult for you. Good luck.

Has anyone in the group actually made anything as of late? I'd like to see some samples of the stuff you guys wanna do.
>>
>>17104239

There's a general voice introduction in the OP and a short first podcast on the first page of the google documents.

As for actual content, we're using this thread to decide what kind of content we should make, then we'll do some test productions to nail down which contributors are reliable, production values from splicing segments together and general quality.

We're also working on jingles, idents and other linking bits. Some people have written OC creepypasta in anticipation of a reading segment. But yeah we only have 2 short vocaroos out right now to inform people on what we're doing. We won't be using vocaroo to release the final product as it reverses the polarity of the neutron flow or something, I'm not quite sure on why it's bad, you'd have to ask one of the tech people.

>>17100978

Eh, I've been doing the micromanaging in the threads, but only because I want to keep the radio footprint on /x/ as small as possible. We're actually thinking of starting a bbs forum for people to talk about producing shows and such in a way that deals with the timezone issue rather than having an /x/ thread for it.

If you've been involved on the skype and think anyone is micromanaging actual content, pm them to discuss it.
>>
>>17098265
Id like to see a multi station system, where anyone can set up a radio show for the board, and people can watch whichever peaks there interest at the time.
>>
seems the spreadsheet is locked. I wanted to add a vocaroo to my profile.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1hb98EmrGRP
>>
>>17105472

I protect rows of new signups to stop people deleting entire entries to troll. If you want to add a vocaroo add it to the L or M column of your row and I'll move it to the I column, which is the first slot for vocaroos. I can't just remove the protections because I've been really sloppy with applying them. I need a better system really but I haven't stopped to think about it yet.

To anyone reading and thinking of signing up, you can still add new rows, only filled rows are protected. Go ahead and sign up!

Excellent sound work there, we're really glad to have you on board. The link to our skype group is on the rules page of the document. Feel free to jump on for a chat!
>>
Apologies all but gmail thinks I'm spamming due to the size of the group and frequency of emails. I've set up a group and invited everyone currently signed up. For now, here is a copy of the email I was trying to send. Please send all replies to [email protected] with the title "future policy" and bear in mind that this is official so replies will be published. Email to follow due to character limit.
>>
>>17106247

The submission period for the overall policy of /x/ radio has now opened!

Please begin sending me your ideas on the future of /x/ radio over the next 72 hours as a reply to this email.

We’re looking for everything, from a better name, how long votes should be (currently 72 hours), various administrative things like rules and what frameworks should exist for removing people who harm the radio, but most importantly what content should we produce. Should we be a radio station by /x/ for /x/ or go for something like MITD but not shit? What do we stand for? Who are we? Are we funny? Serious? Somewhere in between? Something else entirely? It’s up to you!

Remember that you can look at the thread >>17098060 for other peoples’ ideas and think about them before submitting your own.

The closing date for submission is 72 hours from now, 6AM GMT 23rd Dec 2015.

At that point, a list of names will be published in 2 categories, people who replied and people who abstained. There will also be a google document published with all of the email replies received, these emails will not be attributed to anyone, they will be formatted and anonymous. In accordance with the recent transparency policy vote, if you do not want your email body published anonymously you must include the tag [OPT OUT] three times in your email, one in the subject field, one at the top of the email and one at the bottom of the email. If you do not put in all 3 tags they may be missed.

When all submissions are received the results will be collated to produce a policy document, a mission statement and a rules document. This should be ready within the first week of January.

Thanks to you all for making /x/ radio so great!
>>
alright what do all yall think about calling it channel /X/
>>
>>17098060
Getting hyped already.
>>
File: 1449975366981.jpg (120 KB, 600x799) Image search: [Google]
1449975366981.jpg
120 KB, 600x799
Sign ups still going? On mobile so spread sheets are a little cumbersome for me. Might be a little young but I can help.
>>
>>17108627

We're always looking for new people, but you won't be involved in the debate going on right now as you haven't had the time to properly discuss, review and revise your opinions on what we should be.

There are plenty of projects on going right now though, so feel free to sign up, jump on the skype and get involved with someone, some people have started a group to make jingles, idents and whatnot, some people are making tutorials on writing and using a microphone, some people are making promotional videos. Just hop on chat and ask what's going on, or start your own group.
>>
>>17108648
Okay thanks. PCless faggot right now, will wait until Christmas to jump on Skype.
>>
Reminder that sign ups are still open.
>>
Replied.

Now waiting.
>>
In terms of podcast agenda, I'm most interested in readings of pastas\short stories. Possibly a mixture of original and existing ones? I notice plenty of writing people on the team.

In terms of administrative stuff, I feel like the red tape is getting very complex and will likely bog us down. I also think 4chan is ultimately going to be a poor place to co-ordinate stuff.
>>
>>17110818

We're trying to move to a phpbb forum or something like that in the near future as we've all recognised that 4chan isn't the best place to coordinate, and using it would involve a massive /x/ footprint anyway. If you haven't done so recently, check your emails for information on what's going on and make sure you sign up to the google group as the volume of emails we're sending out is being blocked by the spam filter at times. A google group bypasses this.

As for the red tape, what specifically do you think is bad and how would you improve on it?
>>
The policy submission has been extended 24 hours due to problems with the email system. These have now been resolved, but I want to make sure that everyone got the message.
>>
>>17098060

I'm a bit of a richfag, but beyond being pretty decent at selling real-estate I'm not particularly good at anything that can be useful on radio.

Is there any way I can donate to the cause?
>>
Where/how can we follow the construction of the radio? i mean what's been done, what's left to be done, when will it be done, etc
>>
>>17111119

Wow, we really appreciate the offer, but a quick discussion between the people on the chat right now raised some good points. We're looking at around $320 a year for the services we need and we have 4 people willing to chip in for it. We don't have any sort of donation system in place and the admin isn't even finalised so we would have no way of deciding who is in charge of the money. We think it could cause a lot of problems we're not ready for at the minute. Again though, we really do appreciate the offer, and the vote of confidence considering we don't even have any real content yet!

Don't avoid the radio because you think you can't contribute, many people have listed "none" as their skillset, we need help in every form, and there's always stuff you can do for tech guys. Hell if you just compiled a few stats on the spreadsheet that would be appreciated too. Check the stats page for more information.

Anyway sign up here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gC8vqKJX18isuoWRLJLY8cfgeTU0-KkYQVUrmL49bVI/edit?usp=sharing

And join us on the skype! Even if nothing else we sometimes just shoot the shit over star wars and horror films, like star wars. https://join.skype.com/jEufXUT5wtNj

Hope to see you soon, and once again much appreciated!
>>
>>17111183

You might not need as many as four people. If you really don't need more than 320 bucks I can probably cover that by myself pretty easily. At least the first year, to see how this goes and future years if it goes well.

I'll pop myself down on the list and come join you guys on Skype when I get home from work!
>>
>>17111180

Well we're sending hefty update emails out to people signed up on the spreadsheet, but we're expecting them to contribute at some point. I could add a progress page to the google document if you think that might help.

The best way to stay informed is to join the skype group and chat with us. You'll see things happen in real time and can give feedback on concepts and stuff.

I'll definitely do something on a progress page tonight though, for people who don't want to be actively involved. Check the google doc ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gC8vqKJX18isuoWRLJLY8cfgeTU0-KkYQVUrmL49bVI/edit?usp=sharing ) some time later tonight and look for a tab labelled progress.
>>
>>17111190

We appreciate that, if you hop on the skype we can have a chat. We wouldn't ask you to contribute more than anyone else though, especially at this point with no content and no donation system.

I'll speak to the IT specialist when I next see him and we'll work out some sort of secure donation system that doesn't give any one person absolute control.

See you later!
>>
>>17110826
phpbb (or something along those lines) would definitely be good.

I never got an invite to a google group. I am in the skype call though.

I think it would be better to do a pilot episode than a non-released 'test' podcast, it would be better to get feedback on it ASAP and feel out what kind of tone\material people want to hear.

As much as I love democracy I think that an official 'content policy' should come in the wake of feedback on our initial episodes, and we should evolve and improve as we go along rather than trying to nail it on the first attempt.

I have a suggestion for hosting: use youtube. I'm actually using it for my gaming podcast, works great and people like using it. I have a script that converts audio files to videos automatically but you can also go in in adobe premier and add basic visuals if you so desire.

One final thing: I forgot to mention, I'm a sysadmin and I can offer some hosting space for forums. I have a midrange linode VPS that's going mostly unused. I was involved with a startup site from /v/ that used dreamhost and they had a terrible experience so I would not recommend it.

Oh, one more thing: I want a content pipeline, dammit. I'm a writer and I do voiceover, and when I have the time I can do music too. The first thing we need to do is facilitate a way for people to send scripts for me to read, and for me to send scripts for other people to read, and to have a third person who presumably edits and approves these scripts (or interviews, or jingles, or whatever). A content pipeline is the #1 priority and a well-designed one is critical to our ability to make podcasts.
>>
>>17111301

Email [email protected] and I'll send you an invite directly. There is one user whos email didn't work, I've removed it so that might be you.

The test podcasts are so that we can work out exactly how we're going to handle the issues we're facing, how multiple teams are going to coordinate across timezones, what file format the tech guys are going to settle on, who will do the final splicing and such. They are a necessity in terms of keeping the quality of the podcast high from day 1. If we didn't do test podcasts we could be making 3-4 episodes where we're still not exactly sure how we're going to manage the timezone and tech issues.

We'll take feedback from the threads accompanying podcast release, people will either shit all over us, tell us it's great or give us advice and we'll definitely use it.

This thread and the resulting submissions are for getting feedback on official content policy. Once all submissions are in, the views will be collated to form an official policy document, which will evolve as described above. The democracy element will come from users voting on each segment to go in to the final podcast for release, if it's not good enough, it won't be released and we'll find another segment or rerecord.

We've settled on soundcloud for fidelity reasons (or something, ask one of the techs) but we will be working on video productions too. If you think that youtube is a better idea, make your case on the skype and we'll discuss it.

Dreamhost was recommended by our current IT guy, I know absolutely nothing about it but if you pm me on skype I'll introduce you both and you can work something out.

The content pipeline at current is the google document, or the skype, or email. Mostly things get talked about on skype, I'll send out an email and the person organising the content will set up a sign up form for their thing on the spreadsheet. Check out the instruments page for making jingles. The email lists a lot of projects to join.
>>
>>17111301
+1 for YouTube. Too many hours listening to shortwave radio. Fidelity be damned.
>>
i'm updating the google doc with my info

keep me updated guys
>>
So this isn't affiliated in any way with the old X radio that boogie/monsterboogie used to run? Coz that guy was a major dbag. The people in the chat were cool tho, they were probably the only saving grace
>>
>>17112766

Not at all.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.