[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had posted this to reddit earlier, thought I'd share.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1439155451417.jpg (28 KB, 716x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1439155451417.jpg
28 KB, 716x960
I had posted this to reddit earlier, thought I'd share.

I don't really plan on editing this, its more like jotting down my thoughts as I go, but I wanted to share my personal experiences with you all. I'm hoping that by doing this, there's someone out there who has possibly experienced the same things, and to tell them they aren't alone. I'm always reluctant to tell anyone, because it's always met with that same "yeah okay" stare. I can understand, there are so many people that have told me their story, some seem far fetched, some seem a bit more believable. But at the end of the day, its not my place to call anyone's story bullshit.
Anyway, this is a fairly long story, as these events have taken place over my life (I'm 23), and will probably require context to understand.
To start off, my childhood was fairly normal. It was just me and my mom, and we lived well for her being a single parent. My mother was high strung, vulgar and quirky. And she also had a lot of stories to tell me growing up, and even at a young age she told me stories of my families run ins with paranormal activity. When she was young, my great grandparents owned a farm house outside of a town called Monroe, Georgia (The structure still stands under new ownership). And from what she told me, the place was eerie, and had a heavy pressure to it when her and my uncle visited. It was pretty well known within my family that the house was haunted, distant relatives would tell stories about how they would go to stay at the house, only to be woken at night to a creak in the hallway outside their room, or lights flickering, or the faucet turning on and off. Most of these you could equate to an old home, but one story stuck out to me as a kid.
>>
>>17097747
As the story goes, my great grandparents had a helper for the house (No idea what the name is) who stayed with them and did farm and house hand shit for some food and a bit of pay. He was staying with them due to his home life being rocky, his wife and him fought quite a bit, and he figured some time apart would help their marriage. Over time this proved to be un true, and his wife left him. This left him outraged and heart broken, and the only way he knew to retaliate was to kill himself. He decided he was going to hang himself from the rafters of the attic, but just for good measure, and to make sure no one could possibly help him from the situation, he made a noose, interwoven in the neck part? were razor blades, so yeah, he hung himself and ended up slicing his neck open at the same time, needless to say he died. The reason I put that bit of info there, was as a young girl, my mother and uncle were terrorized by what they assumed to be the helper. This headless, angry spirit who used to yank off their covers in their sleep, try to drag them off the beds at night, and basically try to all out scare the hell out of them. He would be seen roaming the hallways at night, and even the yard. And he even had a fondness for the stairway, which he apparently would attack anyone who was alone walking up or down the stairs, leaving bruises or trying to shove them down the steps. It wasn't just my mother that talked about this spirit, about %80 of my family who stayed in the house as children remember some awful run in with the headless ghost. My great grandmother also remembered seeing something similar. Theres many more stories about this house, but i won't go into too much detail.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1439155480624.jpg (45 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1439155480624.jpg
45 KB, 960x717
>>17097753
My mother also claimed to be in touch with "the other side". And told me stories about spirits visiting her in the night. Dying relatives revealing their death dates to her, and etc. This pissed me off as a kid, as I thought most of it was shit made up just to freak me out (Which it did, a lot)
My grandparents also claimed to live in a haunted home. They had a ranch style house in Roswell, GA, with a carport attached. And each evening around 6pm, the sound would be heard of a phantom car would pull up to the home, the engine shut off, and people get out of the car. (This would be dumb, if not for being the only house for miles) My grandmother would often reply "Come in" (I remember this vaguely as a young child, they moved when I was 4) As well as instances of things being misplaced, furniture being turned upside down, mysterious callers who would wail and moan into the phone. And even an instance of a man who spoke through their radio, telling them how glad he was that nice people were living in his home (The radio was off according to was I was told) And quite a few..Rather cliche ghostly things that would happen around the home.
And to this day my grandfather talks about a lady in white who visits him, whom he dubbed "the angel". She warns him of upcoming disaster, and assures him of family members wellness. (My grandfather is a bit senile now and doesn't talk about it much, but this has gone on my whole life, and my mom tells me it's something that's been happening for quite some time)
>>
I guess the point of this is to give a bit of backstory into my families haunted history. I'm not sure what I believe or not, my family are quite no-nonsense. And fairly devout religiously, the only person who actively denounces most tales are my uncle, who gets real nervous when anything paranormal is talked about. (It doesn't come up that often)
Which brings me to..Well..me..As I said before, my childhood was really normal for what it was. Nothing really stuck out when I was really young. I can only recall 2 accounts between the ages of 1-15. The first took place in my grandparents lake house (The house they purchased after the roswell home). The house always made me feel un easy, which is normal for a kid I guess, it was a really large home with empty space. And there was one time particular I remember sleeping in the room across from my grandparents. It was their office, and I would sleep on a matt next to an old dell. One night I was having trouble sleeping, I was scared of the dark, and kept talking to myself to reassure myself that everything was fine. In the middle of telling myself everything will be okay. There was a whisper from the corner of the room, which abruptly and quickly replied "NO ITS NOT" in a rather demanding tone. This scared the shit out of me, and I didn't like sleeping in that room from that point forward.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1439155438325.jpg (36 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1439155438325.jpg
36 KB, 960x717
>>17097792
The second instance is when I was 11 or 12 I think, I use to hangout with my mom in her room and watch TV or watch a movie. We were chatting, I'm not sure what about. When all of a sudden, she shot up from the bed and sat straight up, staring at me. The instance she sat up, the TV went to static, and all the lights in house except a lamp next to her bed turned off. She stared at me, eyes open wide, and I don't remember her blinking once. She then let out this blood curdling scream and fell back in bed. All the electronics in the house returning to normal. This too terrified me, I was pretty sure she was trying to mess with me, but couldn't recall anything happening. This never happened again.
Now after the many stories, and even those two experiences, I was pretty sure it was all bullshit. Even I did see/hear Those things myself, I shrugged all the old stories that used to scare me off. But that changed
Around 15, my mother and I fell on incredibly hard times. She lost her job, and we burned through savings trying to maintain our way of living. We bounced around for about a year, in and out of homelessness. When, my great grandmother called us, the deal was, she was going to live in an assisted living home, and we could live in her home, in exchange, we would watch the house and saw it was kept up.
>>
>>17097802
(this was a different house than the farm house, she moved into it in the mid 70s), it was a small ranch style house, fairly old, and it was a peaceful neighborhood in Monroe, GA. First moving into the house, nothing seemed out of the ordinary, it was just an old ladies house, and me and my mom both were super happy just to have a stable place to live and beds to sleep in. Around the time we moved in, my mother had a stroke, and was left unable to work, and I dropped out of school to pick up as many jobs as I could work to keep us afloat along with government assistance. At that time I was a very bitter teen, angry at the world. And just pissed at my situation after losing everything. It was about 6 months into us living there when things started to happen. The first, was at night, there would be a small scratching coming from the attic, it was subtle, and would happen erratically throughout the night, I thought there was some sort of creature that found its way up there, and we even got an exterminator to come out and check it out, and there were no signs of anything living up there. So the sound continued. Soon after, my bedroom door would open and close itself while I was in the room. And sometimes it would do so continuously for an hour. It didn't really scare me, I chalked it up to air drafts (Even though most of the time there wasn't one, and the door latched fairly strong).
>>
>>17097811
Sometimes even slamming shut. As time went on, the noises in the attic sounds became what sounded like hard soled shoes against the rafters, and eventually developed into stomping, waking me from my sleep in the middle of the night, and carrying on sometimes for hours. This didn't scare me either...I was starting at that point to think something was off about the house. I would often yank out of sleep to the sounds and yell things like "SHUT THE FUCK UP" or "KNOCK IT OFF". Sometimes it even responded by stopping for a brief time. The house began to take on a heavyness to it, you could feel it in certain areas like my room, and a separate living area adjacent the living room. I would lay down in my room at night, and notice this large...Black..Tendrilly...Mass, that would sit in the corner of my room, about 5ft high, it would break apart into pieces and glide against the corners. Up the ceiling and reform at the original spot. The only reason I could notice, was that it was darker than the darkness in my room. I would often hear scratching against the walls, and see flashes of light (Like a camera flash) for a brief second, and they would be different colors, mainly red, white and green. I would also notice "Orbs" fly across the room, or depressions against the wall (Kind of like when you press your hand against a memory foam mattress).
>>
>>17097819
And still, none of this really scared me...Not sure why..It was more of an annoyance to me at the time. There was a time I was truly terrified, about a year and half of living in the home, I got up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water. (My room was at the end of a long hallway attached to the kitchen). I grabbed my water, and on my way back to my room, I stopped dead in the doorway to the hallway, frozen, and all the sudden, loud stomping footsteps came running in my direction, and stopped just short of the doorway. I stood there..And just..Couldn't move..A rotten odor filled the hallway..I slept in the kitchen that night..
2 years into living in the home. My great grandmother was having some issues with her kidneys, and we knew she didn't have long to live. So she came to live with us in her final moments. She was normal for a few months, but eventually her conditioned worsened. She became bed ridden, and was spending her final moments in her bedroom. My whole family came for those few days, visiting with her, talking with her..That kind of stuff...Anyway..The last day she was alive. She had been doing a death rattle (If you've never heard this, it's pretty unnerving) all day, and we knew she wasn't long for this world. We set up a baby monitor in her room, and kept the other with us so we could monitor her breathing
>>
>>17097823
After my family left, me and my mom sat in the living room and listened to the monitor, watching TV and just sitting in silence, waiting for her last breaths. When, out of nowhere, she started to laugh softly (In a joyful way). Me and my mom both shot up and turned the TV to mute and listened. And she would laugh softly..And stop...I began to listen closely, and began to hear people talking to her...From what I could tell, 2 girls..They would say something, and then she would laugh. It blew me the fuck away, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The strangest part of it, was the way they spoke to her....Whatever they were speaking was so familiar to me, like deep in my sub conscious I could understand it, but it wasn't meant for me, so it just came through like muffled jibberish..But just that familiarity to it got to me.. We listened for about 30 minutes...This..Other wordly conversation. She died directly after we listened to this..We heard her take her final breath...(This event shook me the most, and made me question my previously athiest beliefs..I don't know what happened that night, or whom my great grandmother was talking to. But I know I heard it, it still sends chills up my spine)
After my grandmother died, the house went haywire. The noises I would experience every night got louder. And the whole house had a terrible dread to it, especially the room my great grandmother died in.
>>
>>17097831
I began to hear moaning (like..Cliche fucking ghostly moaning) in the hallway, shuffling in the kitchen, and laughs coming from outside my window..I started to change too. I became extremely depressed, and couldn't sleep. I would stay up many nights and just stare at the ceiling, contemplating..Very grotesque , violent acts on people I knew, or myself. I hated everyone and everything. And these thoughts would skip through my head when I would be around others..Things like stabbing people, or choking them until death...Really dark..Fucked up things..My mother told me later, that I would go to the bathroom and stare at myself for an hour, just..Staring, and would walk out like nothing happened (I don't remember this). I began to have terrible nightmares. A town in red, raining blood, and me..Standing over corpses, drenched in blood, with a completely monotone stare..OR nightmares where someone would call out for me, but I ran away from the voice, terrified of it...This carried on until I was 19. When..I laid in bed, and the voice whom called out to me before..Berrated me as I sat in a pitch dark room, repeating over and over to kill myself, how things wouldn't change, how I was to blame for everything happening to me and my mother..I awoke screaming.
>>
>>17097848
And because of that dream, I decided to leave home.
I moved away a few weeks later, just unable to take life anymore. I just needed to get away. My mother moved in with my grandparents, and I still support her when I can. After I moved, I felt normal again. The dreams stopped, and the terrible thoughts I had tword others left as well...I'm convinced something in that house attached itself to me. My mother didn't have very many experiences when we lived there. for some reason it was focused on me and my room...I don't know how to explain it..I don't know what it was..But I'm glad it's gone.
I have seen and heard things since, but no where near what I had experienced in that home. And while there were more happenings that went on, I just thought I'd cover kind of the bulk of what had happened. I can go into detail if anyone is really that curious. I'm not that descriptive as a person, and I guess not much of a story teller. But I really wanted to share this and get it off my chest to someone out there who might have been through something similar.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.