[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
beliefs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: i need help.png (829 KB, 984x720) Image search: [Google]
i need help.png
829 KB, 984x720
What do you believe in /x/?

I believe in the Zodiac and Tarot cards. So... I'm pagan? Wiccan? If so, neat. (Also learning about Vodun)

I mean, I'm ok with either, but I feel like Pagan sounds better to me. While Wicca makes me feel like I'm just in a Harry Potter cult.

I know a lot of people say"You don't need a religion to define yourself/be happy" sure that's true, but I feel sorta "Naked" without it if that makes sense.

At one point I thought maybe I was a shamen cause I liked to learn about different beliefs and what they teach.
>>
I believe in everything. I believe in nothing.
>>
>>17097049
Mirror status: eyes aren't.
>>
>>17097036
> believe in the Zodiac and Tarot cards. So... I'm pagan? Wiccan?
no, just a moron
>>
>>17097056
why then? Explain why it's moronic
>>
>>17097036
I'm nominally Catholic but I feel more and more that I'd be better suited as a Jew. I'm doubtful that Jesus was the son of God let alone God himself, I find transubstantiation a little weird and I am doubtful of the Trinity as well.
I think that Jesus was the Messiah and that he is the perfect model for mankind though and I will still follow him no matter what.
I really don't know what I should call myself seeing as I am doubtful of many Catholic articles of faith but I find the Catholic way of going about things quite good.
>>
File: DeerTorque.gif (54 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
DeerTorque.gif
54 KB, 900x900
I believe in the total freedom of man to find meaning wherever it lies for that individual, be it religion, academics, physical activity, crafting, etc.

I'd like to believe in the spooky, but I hold an agnostic atheist viewpoint: If we can't know if there's a god, higher power or whatnot, then why assume there is? It's all Russel's teapot. That being said, I find ancestor worship fascinating, and I think it might be psychologically healthy to have a shrine to your ancestors where you can talk about whatever if you need to. I've always felt extremely in touch with my Celtic heritage, and have been considering checking out Celtic reconstructionist paganism from an academic point of view.

One thing that I'm against is the control of thought by other people. It's an immutable part of our nature that some are too lazy/ desperate/ whatever to seek meaning for themselves, but I don't like the idea of institutionalized control over hearts and minds that exists in many organized religions.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.