[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about NLP? Neuro Linguistic Programming.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: NLP-communicaiton-model.png (89 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
NLP-communicaiton-model.png
89 KB, 960x720
What do you think about NLP?

Neuro Linguistic Programming.

Have you ever used or experienced it?
>>
I wrote a research paper on it in a psychology class. My findings were that generally there just wasn't any solid cases that backed up the claims of Bandler and Grinder.

They started out innocently enough but to gather attention they started making some very heavy handed claims of the possibilities of their techniques. This attracted attention obviously, which then led to calls for them to provide patients and accounts of success. Which they couldn't do. So naturally, the whole movement more or less died out.
>>
>>17096899
>Have you ever perceived an event, thought about it, and then acted on it based on your perception?

Uh, yeah.
All the time.
>>
me and my brother used to be fascinated by pua techniques and at some point we read bout nlp

i used to read a book about it but it didnt have the god complex feel to it like the authors claimed and the whole thing somehow faded to nothingness. i mean you dont hear about nlp everyday. if it worked so good then more people would used it consciously
>>
OP here.
While I haven't ever tried or experienced it and know very little about it, I think that it could work on oneself with the purpose of self improvement.

To use it on people, I guess it'd require willingness of the target and a lot of suggestive work.

I've just watched some vids of that Bandler guy and I don't buy it.
>>
It's mostly BS but they did hit on a handful of actually valid ideas:

Rapport.
Limiting beliefs.
Association/dissociation.

The problem is it's all presented in the context of hypnotherapy and "influencing the subconscious mind." There's no evidence that it can actually do anything like that... Embedded commands, anchors and such are BS. The handful of NLP techniques that are actually good are explained better in non-NLP sources like Influence by Robert Cialdini.
>>
>>17096899
Milton Erickson is more interesting than NLP.
>>
It helped me at work when I used to be in sales. Never used it outside of that though.
>>
>>17096899
Discredited pseudoscience that crazies read about on wikipedia and use to justify their paranoid delusions of being subconsciously manipulated.
>>
NLP is basically a form of magic called domination or subterfuge, before it was reinvented by more scientific minds (Milton). Then it became an easy tool for marketing and sales peeps.

I had it used on me, and experimented with it myself, but it makes me feel dirty. It made me too conscious of my manipulation efforts and made me doubt if love interests were attracted artificially. Better to put the blinders on and let your subconsciousness do the work naturally.

It's a bit like poker: If you can't spot the sucker in the first 30 minutes, you are the sucker. And by reverse troll: act like a sucker to make the fishes feel like sharks, then take their money.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.