[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scariest moment of your life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
I'm serious, let's all share some of our scariest moments in our life... I'll start since I'm the OP.

So yeah, when I was a bit younger I was told to go play a game called imscred, and I fucking hated this game, so one day I decide to play it on screenshare on skype with a bunch of my buddies, and I'm just playing it, and I can't fucking stomach any horror game, pixelated or not I'm bad with them. So once I see white face I freak the literal fuck out, and then notice once I beat the first part some other file was made. So I keep going and I eventually can't handle it anymore. I found more files saying it was in my computer and it couldn't be removed. I was like "omg pls no" cus I was scrub back then, and then.. All my friends are like

>it will haunt you forever
> you cant uninstall it
> ur donezo
> you have to beat the game to get rid of him.

so i'm freaking the fuck out and go to bed, and the next morning I open skype to see a call going on and i'm like "ok cool" and when I join it's all silent with everyone's picture as White Face. So I'm scared shitless, but to make sure I open a profile to see the skype name, but it was whiteface.

So I decided this was real and closed skype and left my computer off for the rest of the day.

Yeah, I know I'm a stupid fucking pussy, but I wanna hear all of your stories too.

P.S This picture scares me... I HATE THIS GUY. I still have Trauma :(
>>
Had some realizations I wish I hadn't while on psychedelics that permanently altered my perception of life
>>
>>17094804
Damn.
>>
>13 or 14 years old
>my best friend and I playing outside
>we got a few hours until dark
>decide to go explore the neighborhood
>take our bikes, go past the hospital and the old video tape store
>end up at an old bookstore
>used to go there all the time when I was younger but they closed down about 3 years before
>sneak inside, run around for a bit
>see a fucking possum and run the hell out of there
>want to do it again but not there
>no abandoned buildings anywhere
>settle for a construction site
>Sunday, so nobody's there
>building some hotel or apartment complex or something
>fuck around with left behind tools and shit for a while
>throwing buzzsaw blades at wood walls, cool as shit
>find one floor that isn't quite done yet
>had some tools laying around
>a chain attatched to the wall with a tarp over one end
>couple of chairs and cigarette butts
>had a pretty good view of the surrounding area, so we chilled out up there for a few minutes
>leaving, heading towards the staircase
>hear the chain tighten
ohshit.jpg
>tarp 20 feet away from where it was, chain is completely tight
>as if something is pulling it
>something is under that tarp, can see it's shape now
it must have been asleep or watching us or something because it was just a slump, we figured the tarp must have been covering tools or something.
>run fast as fuck downstairs
>bike home as fast as possible
>both of us just shut up and watched comedy movies to try to calm us down
didn't speak about it until the next day, and after that never again.

I don't know if it's my memory playing tricks on me but it was on all fours, whatever it was. kicked up some dust too so there must have been something under it. hell it could have been a construction worker playing a prank on us. but i still to this day can't get the sound of that chain tightening out of my head.
>>
>>17094843
That's far worse than what I experienced. At least you're braver than I
>>
File: 1402621463918.png (441 KB, 300x900) Image search: [Google]
1402621463918.png
441 KB, 300x900
>>17094804
You sound like somebody who didn't properly finish a trip.
My advice? More trippage is needed to come to terms with whatever you learned.
>try mushrooms this time, they are much gentler than other psychedelics

As for myself, it's tied:
1) vivid dream in which I was the only living thing left on earth

upon waking up I immediately ran into my parents room, confirmed it had been a dream, and promptly began crying out of sheer relief

2) sleep paralysis in which I heard a female voice whisper something in my ear

gf at the time had gotten up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night which probably caused me to half wake up.

She managed to snap me out of it when she noticed my eyes were open and I was trying to scream.
>>
>>17094892
How did you enter sleep paralysis?
>>
Ever since I've been young I've been able to control my dreams. Vivid, lucid dreams that were so realistic sometimes I wouldn't know the difference from reality.

So anyways this is about when I can't control them...

I'm walking alone along a path that's going nowhere in particular, yet I seem to know where it leads. But I can't walk without this feeling of dread, not because of something watching me, but because of the absolute nothingness that is surrounding me. No one, no people, animals wind, just silence. I am trapped within my thoughts, I am not able to do anything aside from moving forward, I am paralyzed from doing anything other than that.

I'm not sure if I'm awake or not sometimes because of shit like this. When I feel like I can't move it reminds me of things that have never happened.

One existential crisis of mine is that I'm in a coma after an accident of some kind, and these dreams are a way for my brain to bring me back to reality.
>>
>>17094932
I will relay the night's events to the best of my memory.

>eat dinor
>watch moobie with gf
>sexy tiems
>cuddle tiems
>to hell with this night, I'm tired, time to embrace the sweet nothingness of the void that is sleep
>get comfy
>close eyes
>an undetermined amount of time passes during which I remember nothing
>open eyes
>watch gf get up out of bed
>realize I cannot move
>realize I cannot talk
>I cannot move eyes
>begin to panic
>cannot feel myself breathing, but know I must be
>feel a presence
>hear female voice seductively whisper something into my ear (I was laying on my side if that seems important to you)
now this is where things get odd
>I felt a very sexual energy wash over me, but I was not aroused (only way I can describe it)
>this confusing sensation causes my panic to devolve into full blown terror
>the most helpless, vulnerable feeling of being exposed and naked, even though I had a shirt and boxer briefs on (I would bet money this is how rape victims feel)
>try to summon gf with words
>fuck words, time to scream
>not making any sounds
>try harder
>try much MUCH harder, body begins to shake slightly with the raw tension of every fiber of my being trying to scream
>manage to get the softest, most raspy whisper to just barely escape my lips
>the first sliver of hope appears
>after an eternity, gf returns to bed and notices my eyes are open
>realizes something is wrong
>shakes me
>instantly regain full control of everything and presence is gone (it didn't "leave", it was just instantaneously not there as if a light switched off)
>begin crying softly and snuggling up to gf for comfort

I did research and it turns out this just sort of happens to people.
It's like the horror version of lucid dreaming.
Never happened to me ever again.
>>
>>17094781
When I was very young still living in Mexico the family, and I went swimming in a creek. It was really big, the slope down to the water was more then twice the hight of a two story house. There was an extremely tall, and thick tree that fell over, and managed to reach the other side of this massive chasm.
My dad, older brother, uncles ect took dives from it which really amazed me because I was born a wimpy kid honestly...
I managed to gather the courage to take a swim with the encouragement of my family. The water was crystal clear so you could see large boulders much bigger then garbage trucks, and it was REALLY deep even with the illusion that makes it appear much more shallow from the surface (you wouldn't be able to reach the bottom, and come back up). I tried not to look down since it freaked me out pretty bad.
I kept thinking about the depth of the water so I swam around, and found a more shallow area, out of sight from the rest.
A tree somehow grew from the bottom of it, and reached above the water. The wierdest thing is that the roots seemed to be buried below the ground underwater. I went around the tree a couple times, and I kind floated stationery in front of it, above a weird looking sloped hole (like something an antlion would make).
At that point I started to struggle staying above water, and eventually sunk down.
I somehow got my foot stuck in a few weeds, but it let go after a bit. Obviously I was panicking, and let out alot of air, and swallowing water. I was still struggling alot to swim up, but I wasn't sinking atleast. I tried to give myself a small boost by swimming at the tree, and springing off the trunk.
It got easier, and I reached the surface. I threw up alot of water, and cried quietly for a bit. I swam back to the area with everyone else. We soon went back home.

That was 1 of 2 times I nearly drowned to death...

Probably didn't need to go into all that detail, but the place was so darn weird, and cool looking.
>>
>>17094986
Sleep paralysis my friend
>>
Spoiler: it was fucking nothing, an illusion

>be about 10
>asleep
>wake up
>there is man standing at the other side of my room pointing a gun at me
>it's a rifle, clearly, and I can see the light glinting off the barrel
>freak the fuck out, I'm absolutely terrified
>do not move a muscle, do not make a sound
>after 15 seconds I realise it might be an illusion
>over the course of about 15 minutes convince myself enough to turn the reading light on above my head
>it's a hat and coat, kek, and the rifle glint is from a doorknob on the wardrobe
>by then I'm sweating and incredibly stressed
>took me ages to calm down

I know it's stupid, but I swear I was fully convinced that there was a man pointing a gun at me. And that was the scariest moment of my life.
>>
>>17094932
For me they're when I nap uncomfortably, I don't fall asleep all the way and end up having my dreams mixed with the real world. I unfortunately wake up quickly though
>>
becoming depersonzlized from weed was probs the scariest thing that happened to me, still got it now
>>
imscared is one of my favorite indie horror games. The atmosphere is so fascinatingly creepy and the interctivity was kinda clever.
>>
>>17095081
I think "sleep paralysis" is used to call a lot of squares rectangles.
>>
>>17094804
It wasn't the realizations that altered your mind, it was the drugs themselves.
>>
>>17096125

While I'm a fan of the way you wrote that sentence, as a person who has had sleep paralysis maybe 30 times in my life my experiences have been remarkably similar to that guy's and also to the bevy of other documented sleep paralysis experiences.
>>
>>17096216
When I was drug addict I'd get sleep paralysis a few times a week. I was taking so much xanax, GHB and booze that my central nervous system was entirely fucked and constantly depressed.
One time I woke up and was completely conscious. I could see and hear perfectly well. But I couldn't fucking move, and I noticed this dark figure across my room that kept moving closer and closer to me. I was doing everything I could to move, when that didn't work I tried to scream. The figure kept getting progressively closer to me and as it got closer I could make out some semblance of a face. It was fucking horrifying, I ended up regaining control of my body, and I flailed all over my bed and screaming from the bottom of my stomach, I ended slapping my girlfriend's face, who was sleeping next to me,because it was like I was having a fucking seizure. That shit still makes me afraid to go to sleep.
>>
File: dogmeat.jpg (37 KB, 247x250) Image search: [Google]
dogmeat.jpg
37 KB, 247x250
>>17096125
a square IS a rectangle by definition you mongoloid
>>
>>17096287

My sleep paralysis never has actual figures, but rather the feeling that something is there. Like something is sitting on my chest and I can't look down to see it, or something is pulling my hair and I can't move to stop it.

The worst is always when it happens and I happen to be laying face down. I'm used to it enough where when I'm face up I can look around and realize what's going on and calm down enough to just fall back asleep or sort of gradually "wake up," but when I'm face down this animal instinct of suffocating kicks in and I just freak the fuck out.

For that reason I do everything I can to sleep on my back now.
>>
>>17095103
That's lucid dreams you're talking about, sleep paralysis is a bitch and you dont really want to experience it, trust me..
>>
>>17096312
I know that feel, I've been having sleep paralysis almost every 2-3 days for years now, sometimes even everyday for 2-3 weeks
>>
>>17096312
I can't sleep face down anyways, always on my side, but I can imagine that's fucking terrifying. When I was in rehab my psychiatrist told me my sleep paralysis was linked with hypnagogic hallucinations. Hypnagogic hallucinations are a type hallucination people experience, when they're either just falling asleep or just waking up. It apparently happens to a lot of people, which is the rational explanation of what I experienced and what that other guy was talking about.
It's still so fucking scary.
>>
>>17096358
Just realize that it's completely harmless and enjoy the adrenaline rush.
>>
>>17096391
I haven't had it since I quit taking downers, but to be fair those first few minutes after you wake up rational, coherent thought is difficult as your brain is just adjusting to being awake.
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 640x980) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 640x980
>be me
>20 minutes ago
>read azaelia banks story about calling someone white face
>google white face
>first image is OP's picture

What to make of this?
>>
>>17096404
>first few minutes after you wake up
As a curious sidenote, actual sleep paralysis rarely lasts more than a few seconds, but as your sense of time perception is warped it usually feels like several minutes.
>>
>>17095129
care to elaborate?
>>
File: daiojsfasfad.png (105 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
daiojsfasfad.png
105 KB, 1200x1200
i fell into a big hole in minecraft then i died, losing all of my diamonds D:
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.