[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question for all those who use magick, what fuels magic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
I have a question for all those who use magick, what fuels magic? where does it draw the energy to make the spell take effect?

or it is like pic related
>>
>>17093626
To put it simply there are different types of magick and they draw from different sources. For example spells and curses normally use demonic energy from Lucifer or the devil, healing magick normally comes from god, and then there is magick that you can create from your own energy. Although what your calling magick is no more than energy but depending on the source might have a positive or negative effect. Energy that comes from Lucifer usually has a price of ones immortal soul and should be stayed away from at all costs. However the ones that come from yourself and god can be used but only with caution as trying to wield to much can harm you.
>>
You'll get many answers
At first I thought it was a God, or spirit. This is the mindset behind alot of older schools of magic, and many religions. (praying to God is no different than talking to spirits if you think about it, inb4 Christian troll)
Then I thought your mind emitted some sort of energies not yet understood by science and that somehow made things work.
Now I'm kind of in the middle between my last one, and the chaos magic definition that there is some sort of universal field from which all matter and events come from, and your subconscious mind can somehow control it.

These are all just theories, only thing I can say for sure is that the magician and his will are the only constants between all theories.
>>
>>17093626
>I have a question for all those who use magick, what fuels magic?
Hyperpenis.
>>
>>17093626
The tao which is inexhaustible.
>>
The void.
>>
>>17093726
>>17093738
new question, how do i into magic.
also, is it surrealist enough to make fireballs and shit or is it some stupid shit like "imma fiddle with yer mind boya"
>>
>>17094220
it varies your current paradigm of beliefs determines the best starting point. No, you can`t shoot magic missiles but it is possible to do other equally weird shit.
>>
I'm sure it varies, based on the practice used.
And you can fiddle with people's minds if you wish, but that doesn't mean there isn't other options to it. Which, again, varies based on the particular practice one has in mind.
>>
>>17094557
> other equally weird shit.
Oh, im interested now what kind of weird shit could i do?
btw, what if i dont believe in any god in particular? i mean i consider myself agnostic doe
>>
>>17094557
Total cop out. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to shoot magic missiles.
>>
Read kaballah and become an jew
>>
>>17094220
Why do you think that manipulating someone's mind is stupid shit? Do you not realize how potentially powerful that could be?

Disregard everything you know about magic from pop media (IE either harry potter tier fireball shooting, or some evil satanic shit)

Supposedly some monks can ignite a spark with their hands, but that requires years of intense training. Than again, any kind of serious results in magic, just like anything else, require training, discipline commitment and knowledge.

Most western occultism focuses on self development and complete mastery of the mind and body (I'm talking deep subconscious, down to controlling involuntary body functions), and the external effects would be closer to probability manipulation (IE increasing the chance you'd win the lottery or get a promotion or whatever).
There's also healing, curses, and some even say telekinesis and the like are possible.

So it all comes down to, what are you looking for exactly?
>>
Other people gullibility
>>
File: 1432919052894-4.gif (679 KB, 250x385) Image search: [Google]
1432919052894-4.gif
679 KB, 250x385
Belief is what fuels it, or some might call it will. As a skeptical person I started as a teen from the perspective that it was done by confusing weak-willed people into believing that there were powers beyond their control causing things to happen and so they subconsciously fulfilled these prophecies - or the opposite in self-declared "strong willed" people reverse psychology style.

But then as I became better and better at that, I started to realize that people can be influenced without their awareness through the application of only my own "will". Now, certainly there may be many explanations for this. It could be that I became experienced enough as a manipulator I started doing it subconsciously. I may have gained more than normal insight into predicting people's behavior and making moves ahead but I can tell you that subjectively it's a little spooky how great my life is without me having to have "worked hard" per se, though I did suffer for many years in the beginning learning this "craft"
>>
>>17095558
>anime gif
I tip you my fedora you must be a true gentleman aren't you?
>>
The thread about the Aliens / gods who had technology so great we saw it as magic was deleted.
>>
I had a dream about this energy last year. It was referred to by me as "flak". You gain it through altruism, meditation, evolving and lose it by doing the opposite of these things. It's basically just a metaphor for the entropy of being.
>>
>>17095599
Oh and intent of course.
>>
>>17093626
-
I don't know about other forms of Magic but what you might call White Magic is essentially fueled by a form of Energy arbitrage from Higher Dimensions.
>>
>>17095574
You know this is 4chan right?
>>
>>17093626
ultimately what fuels magic, is God, the source of all creation
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.