[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have any recommendations of good collections of "actual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1388274776045.jpg (375 KB, 1800x1197) Image search: [Google]
1388274776045.jpg
375 KB, 1800x1197
Does anyone have any recommendations of good collections of "actual event" paranormal happenings? I'm talking actual books, not just links and creepypasta.

I'd like to have some books that have fascinating stories to think about or just discussions of some of the big paranormal mysteries out there. I remember when I was a kid I never seemed to have trouble finding picture books of UFOs and whatnot, but I seem to be having trouble finding anything of substance now.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>17093048
9/11 was an inside job
>>
>>17093048
Alien Identities by Richard Thompson
>>
The complete works of Charles Fort. It's available in one big volume erroneously called The Book of the Damned (one of the books contained therein shares this title)
>>
>>17093056

Does the fact that his works were written a century ago make the book less of an interesting read? Are there things he discusses that are sort of irrelevant in modern times?
>>
has anyone read "Fingerprints of the Gods?" I've been thinking of picking that one up but would like to hear from an /x/er if they liked it
>>
>>17093100
Actually, he has a really readable voice for how much data it collects and I find the info to be much more valuable than modern stuff that's been passed around endlessly using technology, losing its original quality.

So sure yeah there are a few "Oh we actually know what causes that now" and a LOT of "I wonder why there are no modern reports of those types of occurrences that seemed fairly common back then" but that's what makes it really useful as a cross-reference to compare to modern testimonials.

It's a lot easier to thumb through his books, find something that piques your interest and THEN go to Google and see what kind of progress we may have made toward understanding those events than it is to try to do the opposite, i.e. pour over old dusty volumes trying to corroborate some creepypasta
>>
>>17093112
Pretty neat.

All of Graham Hancock's other stuff seems to involve bitching about how LSD is illegal.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.