[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had these dreams since I was around 4 or so. It is always at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: tower1.jpg (32 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
tower1.jpg
32 KB, 333x500
I had these dreams since I was around 4 or so.
It is always at the same place and I am most of the time lucid.
It is this black tower on a cliff in the middle of the sea. It is around 50m high I would say.
The tower got a few glassless windows. The black is coal black and does not reflect any light, so it is really hard to know where the wall begin from the floor as it fucks up your perception. It is like the tower is cut from one single piece of whatever material it is.
The weather outside is like a cloudy winter day at sea. There is no snow on the cliff, the sky is a heavy grey and it is quite windy I noticed by sticking my head out the windows though it does not blow at all inside despite there being no glass.

I am always inside this big room with only 4 windows, a staircase that goes up and down, and against one wall stands a clepsydra made out of some crystal. The dripping from it can be clearly heard even though it is behind the thick crystal.
Never left the floor I am on as the stairs feel unnatural, like they were made for me or I don't know it just feels off.

Never seen signs of other life in these dreams.
Pic somewhat related, the tower looks like this but black and on a cliff in the sea.

Does anyone that know a bit of dreams tell me what it means?
>>
>>17093028
Very symbolic.
Do you shield yourself from strong emotions?
>>
You arr trapped in your own kingdom. You probably have a problem with your sexuality since childhood.
I dream a lot of the same place but for me is a big house with nature around and i explore it. I sometimes am in a coast city near that house.
>>
>>17093028
It's probably the Black Tower, m8. I've had dreams of the place as well.
>>
>>17093028
Ever since I've been young I've been able to control my dreams. Vivid, lucid dreams that were so realistic sometimes I wouldn't know the difference from reality.

So anyways this is about when I can't control them...

I'm walking alone along a path that's going nowhere in particular, yet I seem to know where it leads. But I can't walk without this feeling of dread, not because of something watching me, but because of the absolute nothingness that is surrounding me. No one, no people, animals wind, just silence. I am trapped within my thoughts, I am not able to do anything aside from moving forward, I am paralyzed from doing anything other than that.

I'm not sure if I'm awake or not sometimes because of shit like this. When I feel like I can't move it reminds me of things that have never happened.

One existential crisis of mine is that I'm in a coma after an accident of some kind, and these dreams are a way for my brain to bring me back to reality.
>>
Heides tower of flame?
>>
Roland? Is that you?
>>
You're a wizard, Harry.
>>
>>17095049
On the plus side, if you are in a coma, it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>17097618
Actually... Fuck. I would be the one in the coma, huh? Cogito egro sum and all that... Yeah still don't care.
>>
>>17093028
>>17094721
Fuck, now you both have me spooked. Exact same thing here. The wind bit got me. I can see the wind moving the waves. It's like a hurricane outside, but the tower is fine. I'm guessing this isn't the most uncommon thing to dream about as well, though.
>>
>>17094432
I dream of the same place all the time
>>
>>17093028
Sounds cozy.
>>
>>17093028
If you can actually lucid dream, make the owner/builder/janitor or whatever you want to appear and tell you what the tower is. If you can't do this you're not lucid dreaming, that's semi lucid. That's just where you know your dreaming but can't fully take control of all around you.

To properly lucid dream you are like a god in your own created world. You own all and can do or make anything. I've been able to do this for 20 years now. I don't actually think most of the shit we dream, has much more of a meaning other than our brain needing a reality to function.

By that I mean if someone is mentally ill and can't process the world around them 100% the brain will fill i those missing gaps. Creating abnormal thoughts or voices.

If you take acid the drug actually partually shuts down your brain (maybe slows it down is a better term) by cutting off it's oxygen supply. The brain counter acts this by creating realities that it is loosing.

I'm sure it's the same bullshit process that enables psychologists to get patients to create there own memories of things they can't remember. (fake child abuse claims and such).

Thats my theory anyways.
>>
File: tower 2.jpg (124 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
tower 2.jpg
124 KB, 600x900
I dreamt about it again last night but I actually went to the stairs as someone suggested in another thread. I decided to go up. I do not think I mentioned it but it is a spiral staircase.
Now I was not sure what I would find, some new rooms, the stairs just stop at the top maybe.
However they did not stop. They just kept on going. After awhile I began counting the steps I took as I thought I would surely have reached the top by now or atleast another floor. I got to 4670 steps when I decided to return down. I began counting again from there and it felt like it took forever to get down again to the room with the four windows, the step count from where I stopped to this room is 7200 steps and it showed no signs of stopping that high.
I then decided to go down instead and quite quickly actually found a door which I decided to enter instead to see how far down the stairs go.
This room is not almost empty as the one above as it is filled with bookshelves, I could not read any of the ones I took up as they are written in some script unknown to me.
Then I woke up.
>>17094721
The black tower? Do you know anything more?

>>17100455
I will try to do this next time.
>>
>>17093028
do you like black dick by any chance op? try reading some freud
>>
>>17100455
lsd doesn't do that you mongloid
>>
>>17093028
from a psychoanalytical perspective, the tower is a phallic symbol, the sprawling ocean landscape is symbolic of female genitalia, the water in the ocean is symbolic of birth and purity, and if the dripping from the clepsydra is constant and rhythmic, then that's symbolic of sex.

now from my own personal speculation, when considering the bleak, monochromatic nature of the landscape, and the fact that there's a staircase going up and down, i'm tempted to infer that this is some representation of purgatory.

so make of that what you will
>>
OP, I've been to this tower, but in a vastly different landscape. It seems to be a phenomena that exists in a reality most accessible while dreaming and most people visit it at different points in time. I would like to speak with you.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.