[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to be altruistic and do kind things etc... but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1405130791561.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1350) Image search: [Google]
1405130791561.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1350
I want to be altruistic and do kind things etc... but I'm afraid that people won't take me seriously and make fun of me... or think that I'm only "faking" it or doing it for attention.

Does someone know this feel?

Why is being good so hard?
>>
If you're surrounded by people who will accuse you of "faking it" when you do nice things, then you are:

a.) Such a well-established dick of the highest order that no wonder people don't take your "nice deeds" seriously

b.) Surrounded by people who are dicks.

Either way, who gives a fuck if people "make fun of you" for doing nice things?
>>
If you meditate, those things will happen naturally and you won't care about what other people think. You'll be at peace with yourself and will be fulfilling your human potential to its fullest positive extent. Theres nothing that can mess with that when its present and a natural part of your being.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 397x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 397x384
>>17092861
What this guy said basically. You're probably afraid of people thinking you're faking it because part of you thinks you are. You have to go out of your way to try and be good, to even appear "good", if you actually were good this shit would not matter to you. But whatever, even if you are just doing it to look good infront of others, some actual good might come from it anyway, and you might even end up becoming the real thing one day.
>>
Unless you give away everything you own then you are faking it.
>>
>>17092840
Just be a nice person, no it's not hard. Who cares what others think or if they take you seriously. You shouldn't need a reason so it shouldn't matter what others think it is. If they're hung up on it that's their problem.
>>
>>17092840
So what if you do? If someone wants attention for going and volunteering at a homeless shelter I'll give them attention, they've earned it.
Most people have an Instagram right? Which is basically their own web page for give me attention because I went hiking or whatever. Why shouldn't you get attention for helping people?

People don't have to take you seriously in anything you do in life, actions speak infinitely louder than words. How seriously do people take art and yet the highest art can only ever hope to be a catalyst to action.

Altruist is not an achievable title it is a path you walk, a path with steep inclines that will have you stumbling like a motherfucker. So throw the idea of pure altruism out the window and just do good works and accept what rewards they may or may not offer. You will never be better than anyone for not accepting a blessing. A world of pure altruists is a world with piles of food and everyone starving to death.
>>
>>17092840
if people are vapid enough to judge you they truly are not worth thinking of.
>>
>>17092840
Yeah I think I do, but im honestly not that great a person.
I don't think I deserve to have the pleasure of doing good things for people until I thoroughly become a better person.

I was actually planning on making a similar thread.
>>
>>17092874
fake it till you make it
>>
how is this thread still alive?

U know /x/ is slow, but I didn't think this slow...
>>
>>17092840
The simple solution to that is to do your good deeds anonymously.
>>
The answer is to stop giving a fuck.
There is no reward for being a good person.
Is this going to stop you?
>>
>>17092840
The way I see it, pretend that every good act you do will go unnoticed. If you still feel compelled to go out and do good or just things, then it's a genuine will to do so. If not, it may be for praise deep down. I think we are all guilty of this to some degree. A good example is like an anonymous donation. Would you donate money to a charity anonymously, knowing full well that you would receive no acknowledgment? If so, then you really care, regardless of who witnesses it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.