[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm pretty sure this has happened to all of us, but I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: falling-04.jpg (45 KB, 500x752) Image search: [Google]
falling-04.jpg
45 KB, 500x752
I'm pretty sure this has happened to all of us, but I've yet to find a solution for it.
>be in bed
>half asleep
>dreaming
>start falling in dream
This is the interesting part
>spaz the fuck out in your bed
Anyone know why?
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk five seconds on google you lazy nigger
>>
File: 1447569722377.gif (495 KB, 194x172) Image search: [Google]
1447569722377.gif
495 KB, 194x172
Nope.
>>
>>17086723
Anon delivers the correct answer to my question. Thanks friend!
>>
>>17086731
Fucked up.
>>
>>17086723
Neuroscience answer: your conscious woke up during the dream enough that the brain starts freaking out over the signals it's interpreting and tries to balance it out by making the body feel it. Usually results in the sympathetic response beginning and making it near impossible to go back to bed. This is also the case when you wake up from a dream where yiu got hurt and didn't wake up but wake up in the morning and have that part of your body hurt.
>>
>>17086723
I fell asleep at a recital once. I'm rather tall, so to sit in the chair "comfortably," I had to wedge my feet under the seatback in front of me.

Then I get a hypnic jerk...but my feet are trapped by the chair.

I had the whole audience turn and stare at me as I lunged awake and overreacted from dreaming of tripping and being unable to move my feet.

I'm pretty sure it was aliens.
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (77 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
77 KB, 500x375
>>17086801
Damned aliens making you look like a downy.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.