[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enlightenment General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
That last thread was actually pretty decent.

>What does is mean to be enlightened?

Bonus points if your answer doesn't refute anyone else's.
>>
To be enlightened is to be ordinary.

At least this is what popped in my head right after surgery while thinking of Zen Buddhism and believing I understood it completely, then did the worst possible thing: tried to consciously understand what I understood.
>>
File: daedaloops.jpg (315 KB, 1280x925) Image search: [Google]
daedaloops.jpg
315 KB, 1280x925
In a fertile and beautiful land lived a king, prosperous and wise in the ways of the world. The king was compassionate toward his subjects, strong in his will, and was in love with the woman of his deepest wishes. Both worldly riches and the love of his people were abundantly available to the king, yet he still had doubts and times when he was unhappy. He pondered deeply the source of his unhappiness.

One day, word came to his kingdom that an enlightened man had traversed the boarders of his kingdom, and was dwelling somewhere within. The king, set upon knowing the source of happiness and always willing to entertain new ways of thinking, sent out his best rangers to find the enlightened man, that he may converse with him and find his answer.

Not long passed when the rangers returned with word that the man was outside the capital, sitting near a stream on the outskirts of a forest. It was conveyed that the man seemed to be sleeping. The king thought about this, and decided to visit the man, instead of disturbing him and bringing him to the capital by force. He set out on horseback toward the man the very next morning.

Soon, the king came to the area where the enlightened man was, and he saw him, middle aged, dressed in robe, sitting near a small, clear creek with eyes almost closed. The king observed awhile, and decided to simply ask his question. He approached the man and introduced himself as king of these lands, and relayed his wish for a discourse. The sitting man acknowledged the king, and agreed to his discourse.
>>
File: doug.jpg (95 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
doug.jpg
95 KB, 640x640
>>17087505
Here, the king explained his dilemma, of having abundance of worldy things and love, yet finding himself at times unhappy. And so he asked, "O man, you who have devoted your life to attaining enlightenment, what is the source of true happiness, unconditional and pure?" The enlightened man smiled, and said, "That is a good question." The king waited for further answer, but none came. So he implored, "What is the answer?" and the man again smiled, and remained as he was. The king, in his wisdom, pondered a moment the mans inaction. He pondered a great while, until his thoughts fell silent, and in that moment, he realized the man in front of him had answered his question. He left that place never again forgetting the true source of happiness.
>>
>>17085424
>What does is mean to be enlightened?
to the enlightened it means nothing, only confused people discriminate between enlightened and ordinary
>>
>>17087510
So tinking is the source of all suffering?
>>
>>17086750
I know
Is counterfactual trying to explain enligmentm
Enlightenment is understanding beyond the structure of toughs, the more I study enligmentm the farther I am from it
>>
>>17085424
>Bonus points if your answer doesn't refute anyone else's.
This thread is tainted now.
>>
>>17085424

You're asking fucking /x/ what it means to be enlightened? Are you fucking retarded or something? You can find more enlightenment in your toilet after your morning shit you stupid neck-beard.
>>
>>17085424
to possess the truest form of compassion
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.