[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lucidity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: USM.jpg (14 KB, 180x162) Image search: [Google]
USM.jpg
14 KB, 180x162
What did you guys do to have your first lucid dream? What can I do to experience a lucid dream for the first time?
>>
Step one: Find Buddhist friend
Step two: discuss lucid dreaming
Step three: sleep on back, shirtless and pantless
Step four: count to 100 and back until your mind is clear
Step five: fall asleep
>>
What would I even do in a lucid dream that I can't do in real life?
>>
The three times I've had lucid dreams, I wasn't trying to have a lucid dream. They started out as normal dreams and then for some reason I realized they were dreams. Like in the first one I was opening drawers in an apartment I used to live in, and I realized what ever I thought was going to be in the drawers were in the drawers when I opened them. So just to be sure, I predicted there would be something absurd in the next drawer I opened, and sure enough, it was there. After that I became completely lucid. It's the best feeling you can imagine. Like tripping really hard and not feeling tired or scared or anything.
>>
>>17085367
Fly, you fool
>>
>>17085377
>just to be sure, I predicted there would be something absurd in the next drawer I opened, and sure enough, it was there
What was in the drawer?
>>
>>17085389
A pile of like two dozen wristwatches or something stupid like that
>>
>>17085384
I could just take a trip on an airplane. Or if I really wanted to go nuts go hang gliding or something, maybe a jetpack?
>>
>>17085397
Did they all belong to your dad?
>>
>>17085404
They all belonged to my imagination
>>
File: ghostcar.gif (2 MB, 399x207) Image search: [Google]
ghostcar.gif
2 MB, 399x207
>>17085282
Raised energy. A good trick is visualizing running your hands all over yourself, front and back, head to fingertips to toes, while you're laying down right before going to sleep.

Plus, a useful trigger is to then visualize your hands in front of you, with you looking right at them, and repeating to yourself something like, "These are my hands, and when I see them, I will become lucid in the dream", as then when you see your hands, it will help trigger your awareness of yourself.
>>
>>17085282
I kept a small bubble level I found on a random roof on the job in my pocket. Sort of like in Inception, I would pull it out (or at least touch it) often to confirm reality. Often. Like 2-3x an hour. The point is to get your brain into the habit of doing a reality-check every few minutes, so that when you dream it does the exact same thing out of habit.

That is what did it for me. I had plenty of accidental lucid dreams before this, but that is what did it for me. Too tired to do it anymore, though... it takes a lot of energy to keep up with.
>>
>>17085377
It's like a drug. I've tried to explain to others, but no one gets it. Once you've done it, real life is a joke and you just want to sleep all day.

That's why I stopped doing it. I was sleeping like 16 hours a day which is just ridiculous.
>>
>>17085399
Not him, but it's kinda fun to realize that you just sorta... hop, and can now float. People underestimate how real lucid dreaming can be, I honestly think that it's a step down from VR and should be studied greatly regarding it.
>>
>>17085282
I've only had a lucid dream once. I woke upa few hours before I had to wake up and fell back asleep on my back. I rememmber near the beginning of the dream, I had the thought, "I'm in a dream." The moment you think that, the whole feeling of the dream changes. It's a really cool feeling.
>>
http://www.dharmaoverground.org/discussion/-/message_boards/message/81617

I've tried this a few times with no success. Think it might work better after a WBTB.
>>
>>17086147
This. I tried other stuff ITT but the most effective thing was to just wake up and go back to sleep, which is when the lucid dream would happen. I would say I had somewhere around a 90% "success" rate.
>>
>>17085282
Sometimes dreams become real enough to make people tell themselves it's not real and then wake up.
What I first did was giggle like a little girl and run outside my house on a cloudy afternoon congratulating myself on my first lucid dream since I was seven.
>>
>>17085492
No. Looking at your hands is something you do while you are awake. You do it as many times as you can a day. It's called reality checks. Also switching light switches on and off. The point is in dreams it's hard to see defined images and differences in light. You do these reality checks so, when you suspect you are dreaming, you can do these checks to be sure. If you are dreaming, the light won't change or your hands will look funny and you might not be able to see your finger prints and lines on your palms. I've never got past the reality checks. I wake up straight away
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.