[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time on /x/ Not even sure if this is /x/ material but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Red-Book.jpg (337 KB, 725x448) Image search: [Google]
Red-Book.jpg
337 KB, 725x448
First time on /x/
Not even sure if this is /x/ material but this seemed the most appropriate board other than /b/

Somebody posted about the Library Of Babel on another board and I came here after I was fascinated, moreso by the Image Library than the text. Is anyone here an active "librarian"?

https://babelia.libraryofbabel.info/about.html
>>
There's bound to be cp on that archive
just saying
>>
>>17084300
yes, every possible and conceivable picture of anything is on it, even your mom doing something shes never done before, from every possible angle and position. Its all on there, somewhere
>>
>>17084258
neat.
how frequent are recognizable images?
or is this just a visual random number generator?
in which case.....
not so neat.
>>
>>17084336
Good news and bad news, it DOES have a finite number of images and every single one is unique, as it operates within the parameters of 4096 unique colours on a 416-640 pixel grid. Bad news is thats more possible images than atoms in the universe.
>>
>>17084355
also to note, its still in infancy being less than a year old, as it gains more presence online theres bound to be programmers who can develop algorithms that bypass noise-images
>>
>>17084258
>Is anyone here an active "librarian

No I have a job.
>>
>>17084355
why 416 though?
>>
>>17084388
dunno, I didnt make it
>>
>>17084388
mostly because it's faster and less stress cause pretty sure that dude pays for his own servers
>>
>>17084408
but is 416 an usual number for this?
I mean I wouldn't have questioned 400 or 420
is this even the resolution of the images? or am I talking shit
>>
>>17084258
Ahh, off to a good start, at least they have good taste in Writers with it being based around
Jorge Luis Borges work or at least inspired.
>>
>>17084258
YES

BORGES IS BEST WRITER
>>
File: poems-of-the-night.jpg (29 KB, 261x400) Image search: [Google]
poems-of-the-night.jpg
29 KB, 261x400
>>17084855
Yes, definitely agree, I happened upon his work randomly one day while at a book store while walking through the library of books one stood out
and caught my attention as if it was calling out to me.
The books cover was black and grey speckled with the silhouette of a man
titled Poems of the Night. I was extremely intrigued by the cover alone and weirdly enough was actually looking for books on poetry, I immediately bought it and fell in love with his work after.
Who says you can't judge a book by it's cover?
>>
>>17084258
This is literally just a randomly colored pixel generator
It is completely useless
>>
How do I know which words are filtered desu senpai?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.