[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd bring this to /sci/ but I want your opinions on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: spooks.jpg (53 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
spooks.jpg
53 KB, 400x283
I'd bring this to /sci/ but I want your opinions on the potential paranormal aspect of this theory

Here's a little info graphic for those unfamiliar
>http://www.livescience.com/28550-how-quantum-entanglement-works-infographic.html
>>
Basically two particles can be connected from astronomical distances and travel many times the speed of light so that they can control one another

>we are somewhere else right now controlling our brains
>when we die we reincarnate into another brain

Think about it
>>
A lot of the people who try to give a scientific explanation to magick or law of attraction or whatever like to use quantum entanglement.
It could also explain telekinesis, mind reading, and possibly divination.

I feel like I'm missing something, but it does sound plausible if it works like we think it does.
>>
>>17084025
That's what I thought after learning about it. It's the science of fiction
>>
>>17083863
Looks pretty gay
>>
>>17083863
>>17084212
gay illuminati confirmed.
>>
>>17083886

So we would be controlling individual neurons? Neurotransmitters? External forces which we react to?

Or are you proposing the whole "the stats are projectors" thing?
>>
>>17084025
It does work like we think it does.

However, it doesn't work at all like you think it does. Here's a good analogy to explain quantum entanglement:

Imagine that I have two boxes, into one of which has been randomly placed a red ball and into the other has been placed a blue ball.

Now, considered individually, each box has a perfect 50/50 of containing a red or blue ball. But considered together, their states are interdependent: If box A has red, box B must have blue and vice versa, so even though each is individually random red/red or blue/blue will never arise.

This allows us to create a "strange" effect which works instantaneously across distance - if I take one box and you take the other, then even if we are separated by light-years, if I open my box and find a red ball, I instantly know that your ball is blue.

The only reason this is "spooky" at all, and not completely trivial, is that since real quantum states aren't determined beforehand, finding red in my box essentially causes your ball to "become" blue. (And also, because, quantum probability works subtly but crucially differently than classical probability, this can produce strange "interference" effects).

However, if I paint my ball blue, yours doesn't become red, and no amount of shaking and jiggling my box will cause yours to jiggle sympathetically. In fact, there is no way to communicate any information using entanglement; this can be derived directly from the math of quantum mechanics.
>>
>>17083886
Yes.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.