[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been seeing a growing number of Asatruar on /x/. Let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Vegvisir-C.jpg (171 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
Vegvisir-C.jpg
171 KB, 1600x1600
I've been seeing a growing number of Asatruar on /x/. Let's talk about that.

Let's talk about all of it though, and clear the air. There are a lot of racism in Asatru/Odinism. I find this personally distasteful and wrong, because I feel that the old gods would have use judge a person by their actions rather than their skin color, but I digress. There are two sides to every coin after all, and I can't believe that so many people would feel such a way for no reason. Myself, though, I just don't see the point.

Anyway, Asatruar of /x/ come forth and banter. I am already drunk, so sorry if this has made no sense. Join me in a drink, brothers and sisters!
>>
>>17083823

Is there a figure in Asatru that is noted for granting knowledge to humanity? Is it possible to summon such a figure (or even a servant of such a figure)?
>>
>>17083926

Odin's realm is wisdom my friend. Talk to him, bring him a gift and introduce yourself. If he likes you, maybe he will give you a visit.
>>
>>17083823
It is more then Racism. The Old Gods are territorial. The Gods of Egypt were in Egypt, the Gods of Rome in Rome, The Gods of Babylon, Babylon... you get the picture. So Each localities God and followers disliked the other peoples Gods and Followers.
>>
Are you the las who poster her heritage on /int/?
>>
>>17083926
Former asatruar, but still...

Odin is what you're looking for, but he's a dangerous character. If you blot to him looking for shit and your offering is insufficient, he may harm you. If your offering is sufficient, he in all likelihood will ignore you.

if he decides not to ignore you, he may give you such knowledge that it drives you insane just for the lulz.
>>
My patron is Forseti. He got me in to law school.

I say it worked out fairly well.
>>
Im curious: how do other asatruars conduct the blot ritual? I know there are different ways to do it but curious about how others do it
>>17083823
Ill join you in a drink: to the Gods and Godesses and to our folk, hail.
>>
Odin send Heimdallr to Earth (Midgard) to create the human race. His first try was Trell (Thrall) but he was black, ugly and stupid, and Heimdallr keeps trying. The next result was Karl (the free man), with auburn hair, tall and strong. Still not satisfied, he keeps trying. Then, finally he creates a son called Jarl, with light eyes, clever and beautiful (european). Heimdallr had finally created a man who is good enough to Odin and Valhalla, then teaches him - and only him - the secrets of the runes of the gods, Valhalla then opens to their relatives.
>>
>>17085285
There is no one way.
There are a LOT of different blót and all are dedicated to different gods/goddess/deities
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.